Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,758 members, 7,955,883 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:48 PM

PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University (16222 Views)

My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" / Scholarships Available To Nigerian Undergraduates In Niaja Universities / The Reach Magazine Offers American Scholarships For Nigerian Undergraduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by LMAyedun(m): 8:46am On Jan 07, 2014
Congrats to them...
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by tunex23: 8:47am On Jan 07, 2014
bigx:

I was less privileged when I was in university and I got Total, Shell, NLNG and Mobil scholarships.

I know people too who were "less privileged" who had this same ptdf in uni then from all over nigeria.

They where all hardworkers and excelled in their studies.

Quit this attitude and work hard, you would be able to achieve whatever you want
na lie joor...only one person gather 4 national scholarships .....you change your name and passport nii
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by bigx(m): 8:49am On Jan 07, 2014
tunex23: na lie joor...only one person gather 4 national scholarships .....you change your name and passport nii

It was not legal getting all (written in the award letter and co) but I passed the aptitude tests and I got them, who was I to reject?

Add me I'd show you the award emails via skype if you want
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by AbuHanifa: 8:58am On Jan 07, 2014
I am not interested in you boy!
bigx:

I was less privileged when I was in university and I got Total, Shell, NLNG and Mobil scholarships.

I didn't apply for ptdf because I'd passed 1st year when it started but I know people too who were "less privileged" who had this same ptdf in uni then from all over nigeria.

Quit this attitude and work hard, you would be able to achieve whatever you want
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by bigx(m): 9:02am On Jan 07, 2014
AbuHanifa: I am not interested in you boy!

Keep moaning while your mates are moving ahead
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by texazzpete(m): 9:05am On Jan 07, 2014
Not sure why 70% should be from the Niger Delta. 40% or so seems fair.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by MrAboki: 9:05am On Jan 07, 2014
Nigerians are funny!!

You all are celebrating the fact that the PTDF just used our monies to train Politicians relatives abroad.. grin

#Suckers... grin

- How many of you heard about this scholarship scheme?!
- How many of you wrote the exam or applied or ..... Infact, what was the methodology used in selecting the qualified candidates?!

Abeg!! Make I waka commot here... My problems big pass scholarship for Norway grin
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by jreyez(m): 9:10am On Jan 07, 2014
Listening to 'dream by chrissy depauw' cool
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by ignis: 9:16am On Jan 07, 2014
tunex23: wetin you expect .....na PDP pikin full am
Am not surprised... But all are not PDP pikin
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by 2good(m): 9:18am On Jan 07, 2014
Cooldude001: Why not America? cool

Because tuition fee in American universities ranges from 15,000 to 30,000 USD depending on the the university while education in Norway is free. All the government have to pay is their cost of living which is much cheaper for the government compared to sending these students to the US to study. Also Norwegian education is definitely not bad.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by dasparrow: 9:29am On Jan 07, 2014
@Post

Congrats to the scholarship recipients. I hope they make good use of the opportunity the federal government has provided to them.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Fernandinho: 9:32am On Jan 07, 2014
ignis: I Hope the selection method is not dominated by corruption and connection. If it is, then It's a waste of resources.
Congrats to the beneficiaries.

My thoughts exactly. That was what happened to the Post Graduate own
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 07, 2014
bigx:

I didn't apply for ptdf because I'd passed 1st year when it started but I know people too who were "less privileged" who had this same ptdf in uni then from all over nigeria.

oga alot has changed.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by bigx(m): 9:37am On Jan 07, 2014
rasojie:

oga alot has changed.

Except that sha
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Abbey2sam(m): 9:40am On Jan 07, 2014
makzeze: First to comment. Space reserved.

I need this space, how wld it go for?
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 07, 2014
Iamoilprince: 70% from Niger Delta and they forgot to mention that 95% of beneficiaries were based on politics "Man Knw Man".

Well, I know 2 people who got it some time back, and believe me when I say they didn't know anyone!! One of them, both parents are secondary school teachers... I guess they are part of the 5% then...

1 Like

Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by ceejayluv(m): 9:47am On Jan 07, 2014
tchidi:

Well, I know 2 people who got it some time back, and believe me when I say they didn't know anyone!! One of them, both parents are secondary school teachers... I guess they are part of the 5% then...
Quite true... The fact is that whether you know someone or not, you must possess an impeccably brilliant record of academic performance to be eligible...

2 Likes

Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by bigx(m): 9:58am On Jan 07, 2014
ceejayluv:
Quite true... The fact is that whether you know someone or not, you must possess an impeccably brilliant record of academic performance to be eligible...

Exactly
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Ashmark(m): 10:03am On Jan 07, 2014
Norway......I thought Norway offer free education..
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Savant(m): 10:11am On Jan 07, 2014
I don't mean to be a killjoy in part every statement made by everyone makes sense but @Bigx lied. For sure.

For example Shell and Mobil always write their aptitude test on the same day to prevent people from getting both. I know because I was shortlisted for both and I had to write only one. Except you meant that you tried to apply to Mobil again at your 200l and in that case that would have meant a new ID and admission letter because the scholarship is for 100L students. Only NLNG can be applied for at a later level up to even 300L. In any case I just thought to add. . .

PTDF is a mixture of both connection and intelligence especially at undergraduate level. One doesn't really need to be exceptionally brilliant to get it sef. Exploiting the time and chance is all that matters.

If I hear say Uduaghan and Amaechi no influence some names for the list make I no why.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by bigx(m): 10:12am On Jan 07, 2014
Savant:
I don't mean to be a killjoy in part every statement made by everyone makes sense but @Bigx lied. For sure.

For example Shell and Mobil always write their aptitude test on the same day to prevent people from getting both. I know because I was shortlisted for both and I had to write only one. Except you meant that you tried to apply to Mobil again at your 200l and in that case that would have meant a new ID and admission letter because the scholarship is for 100L students. Only NLNG can be applied for at a later level up to even 300L. In any case I just thought to add. . .

PTDF is a mixture of both connection and intelligence especially at undergraduate level. One doesn't really need to be exceptionally brilliant to get it sef. Exploiting the time and chance is all that matters.

If I hear say Uduaghan and Amaechi no influence some names for the list make I no why.

Do you want to add me let's skype as I said before? What year did you write?
What's the point lying?
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by ceejayluv(m): 10:28am On Jan 07, 2014
Ashmark: Norway......I thought Norway offer free education..
Free for EU citizens
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by DrTee1(m): 10:33am On Jan 07, 2014
bigx:

It was not legal getting all (written in the award letter and co) but I passed the aptitude tests and I got them, who was I to reject?

Add me I'd show you the award emails via skype if you want

Bigx, I respect you and appreciate how you've penned out your thoughts. You must be a responsible and upwardly mobile young man.

I must bring something to your notice however: you were fraudulent as an undergraduate student and you have the temerity to state it in public as you have just done here.

The awards clearly contained the proviso that applicants who were on a previous scholarship shouldn't apply! You were as greedy as to apply and boast about taking 3 extra ones - robbing a potential 3 other indigent students out there of the opportunity.

He who comes to Equity must come with clean hands. Fraud of this kind, irrespective of how minimal you consider the effect of your actions then, is akin to what the national politicians you (or all of us) daily criticise also do. I'm not condemning you but what you exemplified therein was greed - plain and simple.

These things are the bane of this country. We are as bad as the leaders we criticise. We need a paradigm shift! How can a man gloat about fraud on the most popular nigerian social network? He claims he passed the exams. Is he alluding he was the only one who could have passed those 4 exams and qualified for the scholarships?

Until the day we are intent on honesty and forthrighness, this country would remain as it is - for the corrupt and depraved. The just however, shall soar in Goshen's abundance.

Nobody does what U just described above in America. The developed countries have a social outlook that abhors subterfuge of all forms. It is enough to bag jail terms in their country. Such person would also make a refund of such monies.

We seat down criticising Jonathan and Obasanjo daily - yet we rob ourselves in the various manners we can. Birds of the same feather we all are?

Change is needed - and it begins with each man, each individual.

I'll end with that popular quote from the ancient Mosaic book of Chronicles:

'If my people would acknowledge their sinfulness, humble themselves, turn away from them and call on me, I would heal their land...'

What God has bless us with in Nigeria is more than enough to go round. Ole ati okanjuwa lon pa gbogbo wa, nobody excluded - because when the majority of us are involved, nobody must claim to be in the good minority - which indeed exists however.

We must together decide to pick ourselves up from this depraved moral cesspool we've descended into as a people - or we'll soon be eating ourselves raw.

God bless Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by bigx(m): 10:40am On Jan 07, 2014
Dr. Tee:

Bigx, I respect you and appreciate how you've penned out your thoughts. You must be a responsible and upwardly mobile young man.

I must bring something to your notice however: you were fraudulent as an undergraduate student and you have the temerity to state it in public as you have just done here.

The awards clearly contained the proviso that applicants who were on a previous scholarship shouldn't apply! You were as greedy as to apply and boast about taking 3 extra ones - robbing a potential 3 other indigent students out there of the opportunity.

He who comes to Equity must come with clean hands. Fraud of this kind, irrespective of how minimal you consider the effect of your actions then, is akin to what the national politicians you (or all of us) daily criticise also do. I'm not condemning you but what you exemplified therein was greed - plain and simple.

These things are the bane of this country. We are as bad as the leaders we criticise. We need a paradigm shift! How can a man gloat about fraud on the most popular nigerian social network? He claims he passed the exams. Is he alluding he was the only one who could have passed those 4 exams and qualified for the scholarships?

Until the day we are intent on honesty and forthrighness, this country would remain as it is - for the corrupt and depraved. The just however, shall soar in Goshen's abundance.

Nobody does what U just described above in America. The developed countries have a social outlook that abhors subterfuge of all forms. It is enough to bag jail terms in their country. Such person would also make a refund of such monies.

We seat down criticising Jonathan and Obasanjo daily - yet we rob ourselves in the various manners we can. Birds of the same feather we all are?

Change is needed - and it begins with each man, each individual.

I'll end with that popular quote from the ancient Mosaic book of Chronicles:

'If my people would acknowledge their sinfulness, humble themselves, turn away from them and call on me, I would heal their land...'

What God has bless us with in Nigeria is more than enough to go round. Ole ati okanjuwa lon pa gbogbo wa, nobody excluded - because when the majority of us are involved, nobody must claim to be in the good minority - which indeed exists however.

We must together decide to pick ourselves up from this depraved moral cesspool we've descended into as a people - or we'll soon be eating ourselves raw.

God bless Nigeria.

It was wrong, I admit and there was an element of greed too but Only my mum put all 4 of us through school then and not having to depend on her reduced the load and did a lot of good to my conscience ( not trying to defend or justify it though)

I just mentioned it to illustrate that if you are dedicated and work hard and smart and seek and take action on opportunities you can achieve anything you want even in Nigeria. The attitude of the poster who I replied is the reason a lot of Nigerians remain in poverty. They give up early and either stop trying or refuse to try at all.

I admire the way you put your points forward and if my actions in the past hurt anyone, I apologize for that, I was young, reckless and didnt know better.

4 Likes

Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 07, 2014
Nigeria n scholarship guys I don't think dese thing gets to d less privilege in d society....
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Pricelezz(m): 11:12am On Jan 07, 2014
U're on point bro n dis is why d rich gets richer n d poor gets screwed cux wen dey graduate provisn wud b made available in places lyk shell,nnpc n oda oil heavy weight in d country.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by realGURU(m): 11:31am On Jan 07, 2014
This Scholarship represent gender inequality and sectionalism, if NOT why ONLY 12 girls 60 n 70% ND
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by geosegun(m): 11:42am On Jan 07, 2014
bigx:

It was wrong, I admit and there was an element of greed too but Only my mum put all 4 of us through school then and not having to depend on her reduced the load and did a lot of good to my conscience ( not trying to defend or justify it though)

I just mentioned it to illustrate that if you are dedicated and work hard and smart and seek and take action on opportunities you can achieve anything you want even in Nigeria. The attitude of the poster who I replied is the reason a lot of Nigerians remain in poverty. They give up early and either stop trying or refuse to try at all.

I admire the way you put your points forward and if my actions in the past hurt anyone, I apologize for that, I was young, reckless and didnt know better.

I respect the way you responded and it really showed you are now mature and understand that one way or the other one has goofed ignorantly in the past.

Now YOU NEED TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT by organizing scholarship for indigent students may be Secondary school or university students. From the way I perceived things, you are likely doing well in your career now.

That's the only way you can right the wrong not just apology on NL.

you can champion a campaign against such action in the present and near future to discourage younger ones from doing the same thing. I will be here to support in this regard. Perhaps that in a way you can contribute to Nigeria fight against corrupt practices.

This is a challenge please do not ignore it. There are people here on NL that will support you in all ramifications. Count me in when you decide. the reason i'm saying this is that you have a story to tell this will touch people's lives more than mere words.

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by DrTee1(m): 11:45am On Jan 07, 2014
bigx:

God bless you Sire. *Hugs*

2 Likes

Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by bigx(m): 11:53am On Jan 07, 2014
geosegun:

I respect the way you responded and it really showed you are now mature and understand that one way or the other one has goofed ignorantly in the past.

Now YOU NEED TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT by organizing scholarship for indigent students may be Secondary school or university students. From the way I perceived things, you are likely doing well in your career now.

That's the only way you can right the wrong not just apology on NL.

It's something I have plans for and would definitely do, just been procrastinating, I was a good student and probably without the awards I would have gone through hell then or God forbid dropped out or something worse.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by texazzpete(m): 11:58am On Jan 07, 2014
bigx:

From the mature way you responded, I can safely say you are a credit to your mum that sacrificed for your education.

We all make mistakes. It's how we move on and learn from them that matters.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Corruption And Fraud : ASUU - LASU Members Pull Out Funds From Union / Yabatech Merit List Is Here: / News About Federal University Of Lokoja, Kogi State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.