Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:56 AM

PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University (16220 Views)

My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" / Scholarships Available To Nigerian Undergraduates In Niaja Universities / The Reach Magazine Offers American Scholarships For Nigerian Undergraduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by geosegun(m): 12:14pm On Jan 07, 2014
bigx:

It's something I have plans for and would definitely do, just been procrastinating, I was a good student and probably without the awards I would have gone through hell then or God forbid dropped out or something worse.

What a great story you have.

you can champion a campaign against such action in the present and near future to discourage younger ones from doing the same thing. I will be here to support in this regard. Perhaps that in a way you can contribute to Nigeria fight against corrupt practices.

This is a challenge please do not ignore it. There are people here on NL that will support you in all ramifications. Count me in when you decide. The reason i'm saying this is that you have a story to tell this will touch people's lives more than mere words.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 07, 2014
alienvirus: Such scholarship will never get to the less privileged in the society.
not true. my friend from a less privileged home got a ptdf scholarship to study msc in a university in london. Sad thing is that, he stayed back to work in the UK making the scholarship a loss to Nigeria and a win to the uk.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by POPEII: 12:32pm On Jan 07, 2014
Sir sijo: Typical Nigeria... Same would have happend if the president was either a northerner, 70% to northerners, SW 70% to them. God bless Nigeria and i wish the kids best of luck.
m0r0n where is the oil located?
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by geosegun(m): 12:35pm On Jan 07, 2014
saxywale:
not true. my friend from a less privileged home got a ptdf scholarship to study msc in a university in london. Sad thing is that, he stayed back to work in the UK making the scholarship a loss to Nigeria and a win to the uk.

How do you mean a loss to Nigeria When those that return to Nigeria still struggled to get a befitting job. Every country that does as Nigeria is doing by sending students abroad on scholarships has an agreement with each scholar to return and they have a government/private Jobs waiting for them but Nigeria is an exception. you are not bonded by any agreement and there was no employment guaranteed.

How did i know this your guess is as good as mine cool

1 Like

Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by AZeD1(m): 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
ceejayluv:
Quite true... The fact is that whether you know someone or not, you must possess an impeccably brilliant record of academic performance to be eligible...
My friend in the uni had a 2-2 in his Bsc and still got PTDF scholarship. He did not even apply for the scholarship. I also know many of them who did not apply but are on the scholarship.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Input(m): 12:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
MY LITTLE OPINION... Why sending secondary school leavers to study oil and gas related courses when we have a functional special university mandated by OPEC and setup by the FG to train Nigerians for the oil and gas industry? or PTDF didn't recognize this university?
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by beewhyfocs(m): 12:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
I urge the young ones to quit the attitude that makes them believe the less privileged don't get such scholarships. Give it a try first and make your conclusion. I once got the PTDF overseas scholarship on merit without knowing anybody. I met a number of people with similar story to share as regards the scholarship. The fact that you did not meet up to the required cut-off does not mean others didn't do well. Remember, only few slots are been chased by a lot of candidates. So you have to be the best to make it with God on your side.

Ever since, I usually try my luck and I have always got good opportunities on merit.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Revolva(m): 12:50pm On Jan 07, 2014
angry thats what is wrong with this nation no equality why 70% from niger Delta..why..yo see what jonathan is causing.....this is why OBJ is attacking him he only cares aout the ijaws first not to talk of other tribes in the south south
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 07, 2014
alienvirus: Such scholarship will never get to the less privileged in the society.
I don't really think so, it's based on merit totally. I'm a local scholar and 15 students got it from my institution when I was in my second year. we wrote qualification exams and the whole process was open free and fair. best students above the cut off Mark were selected.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 07, 2014
beewhyfocs: I urge the young ones to quit the attitude that makes them believe the less privileged don't get such scholarships. Give it a try first and make your conclusion. I once got the PTDF overseas scholarship on merit without knowing anybody. I met a number of people with similar story to share as regards the scholarship. The fact that you did not meet up to the required cut-off does not mean others didn't do well. Remember, only few slots are been chased by a lot of candidates. So you have to be the best to make it with God on your side.

Ever since, I usually try my luck and I have always got good opportunities on merit.
you talk truth sir, I also got the lss from university of maiduguri, no gimmicks at all. and every year we were paid 200k including school fees. final year I got 250k plus school fees. I'm awaiting the overseas own after my service.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
geosegun:

How do you mean a loss to Nigeria When those that return to Nigeria still struggled to get a befitting job. Every country that does as Nigeria is doing by sending students abroad on scholarships has an agreement with each scholar to return and they have a government/private Jobs waiting for them but Nigeria is an exception. you are not bonded by any agreement and there was no employment guaranteed.

How did i know this your guess is as good as mine cool
grin grin grin
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by DMainMan: 2:12pm On Jan 07, 2014
Iamoilprince: 70% from Niger Delta and they forgot to mention that 95% of beneficiaries were based on politics "Man Knw Man".

Send me a mail. i av something for u.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Donbabaj: 3:56pm On Jan 07, 2014
geosegun:

What a great story you have.

you can champion a campaign against such action in the present and near future to discourage younger ones from doing the same thing. I will be here to support in this regard. Perhaps that in a way you can contribute to Nigeria fight against corrupt practices.

This is a challenge please do not ignore it. There are people here on NL that will support you in all ramifications. Count me in when you decide. The reason i'm saying this is that [b]you have a story to tell [/b]this will touch people's lives more than mere words.

Cheers

Story Story!!! Story! Once upon a time!! time! time

Who's is got another story to tell us
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Luchitec(m): 4:55pm On Jan 07, 2014
PTDF is giving scholarship to Norway where university education is tuition free already? I hope some people are not scamming the government o!

1 Like

Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by ignis: 5:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
Fernandinho:

My thoughts exactly. That was what happened to the Post Graduate own
Has the candidates for the post graduate been selected?
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Savant(m): 6:03pm On Jan 07, 2014
@Bigx I can tell you are intelligent. I am not trying to rubbish you. But you and I know you exaggerated about the scholarships. Not like it matters sha. Ride on.

@Ignis I don't think the post graduate list is out. Yours truly has been monitoring his mail. When the list is out yours truly would know. grin
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by docsholz(m): 7:05pm On Jan 07, 2014
For all those complaining that the niger deltans get more slots the only thing I can say is it's their oil, all oil companies reserve slots( usually above 50%) for indigenes of their operating areas so it's quite possible for bigx to get those scholarships especially if he's from the niger delta, may God forgive me too I'm also on multiple scholarships from oil companies and government(even rejected one from lag government out of guilty conscience)even though I'm Yoruba and far from being less privileged but I know I'll make it up to Nigerians by not running abroad and staying to serve my people unlike most docs nowadays
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by spoilerx: 9:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
I thought Norwegian universities were supposed to be tuition free

2 Likes

Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by tinuolababy(f): 8:36am On Jan 08, 2014
12 girls, 48 boys. Ratio 1:4 sad sad sad
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by tinuolababy(f): 8:37am On Jan 08, 2014
12 girls, 48 boys. Ratio 1:4 sad sad sad
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by guiddoti: 11:48am On Jan 08, 2014
Guys, please, is this the same Undergraduate LSS? I'm wondering if I'd become novice in my own country. When did the advert come up? I know LSS should be local scholarship
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by edwardjr(m): 2:03pm On Jan 08, 2014
Iamoilprince: 70% from Niger Delta and they forgot to mention that 95% of beneficiaries were based on politics "Man Knw Man".

apart from dat,dos guys r pathological liars:95% from Niger delta? Proof with published names lets c who is fooling who. D other time so many northeners were sent 2 Cyprus with little or few Niger delta people. I dnt think i can raise my son in dis country o
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Geetoylaz(f): 7:20am On Jan 10, 2014
Lol! Wow such bs! University education in norway is free already! Even for international students. Look it up. I guess the 'scholarship' refers to livin expenses.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Geetoylaz(f): 7:21am On Jan 10, 2014
spoilerx: I thought Norwegian universities were supposed to be tuition free

Abi o, free for all international students!
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by 2good(m): 8:04am On Jan 10, 2014
tinuolababy: 12 girls, 48 boys. Ratio 1:4 sad sad sad

How many girls do you have in a typical science Engineering class in Nigerian universities? The few girls that have the courage to go into science/ engineering usually have a very fufilling career while the others that choose not to go into the sciences/ engineering just sit on the side and shout discrimination. Maybe its time you advice your women folks to start going into science/ engineering rather than mainly the arts and administrative field because the opportunities are generally better in the sciences/ engineering.

1 Like

Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by auroraborealis: 10:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
bigx:

I was less privileged when I was in university and I got Total, Shell, NLNG and Mobil scholarships.

I didn't apply for ptdf because I'd passed 1st year when it started but I know people too who were "less privileged" who had this same ptdf in uni then from all over nigeria.

They where all hardworkers and excelled in their studies.

Quit this attitude and work hard, you would be able to achieve whatever you want

Na only you waka enter University abi?
Hope you know you are a thief?
You got Total and went ahead to obtain others after you signed that you are not in receipt of a similar scholarship? Eh? Later una go dey curse our leaders say them corrupt. You were meant to accept just 1, I repeat just 1 award and leave the rest for other qualified "less-priviledged" folks.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by bigx(m): 10:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
^^^^

& Why are you crying?
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by auroraborealis: 11:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
bigx: ^^^^

& Why are you crying?

See him head. Na because them done already chastise you before ooo.
All the same, its good to think you've changed. During my University days too, I made several applications but hit one which was actually the last one I applied for and it's got a little twist to the way it came. Don't get me wrong, I ain't judging you but stating facts the way I play. Truce?
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by guiddoti: 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
Menh... PTDF is taking too long time. Wetin con happen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yabatech Merit List Is Here: / Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? / Corruption And Fraud : ASUU - LASU Members Pull Out Funds From Union

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.