Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,053 members, 7,838,659 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu - Properties (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu (163818 Views)

How We Built "The Coffee Shop" / The Luxury Hotel Owned By Kaduna Commercial Transport Workers (Photos) / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Onuokwu: 8:47am On Aug 08, 2014
spyder880: More. .....

I like the burglary proof too. Is this from same guy?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:35am On Aug 08, 2014
Onuokwu:

Yes, same welder.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by PeoplesArmy: 2:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
Onuokwu:

Great output from the guys. Always good to see workmen skilled in their craft. I like the design on the burglary proof and I go copy am.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:45pm On Aug 08, 2014
We are going to the market to purchase the electrical wires, distribution boards and gear switches for this house. We are also ready to buy and install the plumbing fittings and sanitary wares for this house. Pictures later.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:24pm On Aug 08, 2014
Buying the water heaters for this house. Ariston 30 litres.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:51pm On Aug 08, 2014
Have you heard the information that "Belgium" kitchen sink is more durable than new ones?

Well, the Belgium one is selling for N4,500 while the new one (wrapped in blue cellophane) is selling for N1,500 cheesy ironic cheesy

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
Our sets of Twyford sanitary wares.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
Just paid for some rolls of Cutix electrical wires (made in Nnewi, Nigeria) to be used in this house. Another quality product I trust in the market is Comet Star wires.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:41pm On Aug 08, 2014
Testing the wire for any presence of iron, I usually go with a magnet in my pocket,

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
Making sure the name of the company is inscribed on the wire.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:45pm On Aug 08, 2014
More

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:30pm On Aug 08, 2014
Distribution boards.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:32pm On Aug 08, 2014
More. ..

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:45pm On Aug 08, 2014
The electrical diagram is even labelled.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by kopell: 10:23pm On Aug 08, 2014
@profersor Spyder, can you give your student cost of this items, to compare with price in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by PeoplesArmy: 12:25am On Aug 09, 2014
Looks like some major shopping is going on...that means action time. I hope we get to see live streaming as these things are installed. I trust Spyderman?

On the Tokumbo kitchen sink, what explains the difference and is it a popular choice for builders? Are the new ones durable?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:49am On Aug 09, 2014
kopell: @profersor Spyder, can you give your student cost of this items, to compare with price in Lagos.

Which of the items, I have a very long list of items here.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:57am On Aug 09, 2014
PeoplesArmy: Looks like some major shopping is going on...that means action time. I hope we get to see live streaming as these things are installed. I trust Spyderman?

On the Tokumbo kitchen sink, what explains the difference and is it a popular choice for builders? Are the new ones durable?

Trust me to show all the details about how we finish this house, enough pictures coming up.

The tokunbo kitchen sink is very popular in the market, virtually every shop sells them. They are stronger because they are heavier, can sustain more weight of plates and other kitchen stuff. The new ones are shinier, made with lighter materials and may bend under pressure or load. But if it will be well supported from the floor, like a metal or wooden cabinet to bear the weight. It is very durable. So many people hang their sink on marble tops or plywood cabinets. It is very durable thus.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by kopell: 12:26pm On Aug 09, 2014
kopell: @profersor Spyder, can you give your student cost of this items, to compare with price in Lagos.

@spyder the wire cable to be specific. How do you measure the diameter of cable, the lent in the roll. Do you measure by wight, so one will not short cut on what you paid for.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
kopell: kopell: @profersor Spyder, can you give your student cost of this items, to compare with price in Lagos.

@spyder the wire cable to be specific. How do you measure the diameter of cable, the lent in the roll. Do you measure by wight, so one will not short cut on what you paid for.

Let's take the 1.5mm Nigerian made Cutix wires for instance, we buy them for N 4200 in Enugu here while the comet star of same 1.5mm sells for N3,450.

The unit of measure for cables and wires is a roll, pictured above. Each roll is supposed to be a length of 100 feet, except someone is playing ojoro somehow grin

The weight is dependent on the manufacturer, Nigerian made wires are thicker at the copper wires within the plastic insulating cover and thus heavier than Chinese imports.

2 Likes

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Pergrace: 3:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
spyder880: Distribution boards.

Please,how much for the distribution boards?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 3:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
spyder880:

Let's take the 1.5mm Nigerian made Cutix wires for instance, we buy them for N 4200 in Enugu here while the comet star of same 1.5mm sells for N3,450.

The unit of measure for cables and wires is a roll, pictured above. Each roll is supposed to be a length of 100 feet, except someone is playing ojoro somehow grin

The weight is dependent on the manufacturer, Nigerian made wires are thicker at the copper wires within the plastic insulating cover and thus heavier than Chinese imports.

Nice to know say Nija fit make something oh, we ave all it takes to be a manufacturing giant but we still an ant
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by janykute: 4:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
Fhemmmy:

Nice to know say Nija fit make something oh, we ave all it takes to be a manufacturing giant but we still an ant
Fhemmy,why you dey talk like that nah?
So you mean say you never hear say we dey manufacture(assemble)car for Naija.
Make you try to dey visit home o Abeg.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 4:41pm On Aug 09, 2014
janykute:
Fhemmy,why you dey talk like that nah?
So you mean say you never hear say we dey manufacture(assemble)car for Naija.
Make you try to dey visit home o Abeg.

You need to know how much that is expected of gi'ant' of Africa, just frustrating jare... assembled cars with who did crash testing? I beg let us leave all that for political section and appreciate hard work for here by oga spyder880
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
Fhemmmy:
You need to know how much that is expected of gi'ant' of Africa, just frustrating jare... assembled cars with who did crash testing? I beg let us leave all that for political section and appreciate hard work for here by oga spyder880

Forget about crash testing, that is why we have a lot of "Human Crash Dummies" on our road.. But I think people like Inosson Group are trying.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 8:03pm On Aug 09, 2014
mufutau55:

Forget about crash testing, that is why we have a lot of "Human Crash Dummies" on our road.. But I think people like Inosson Group are trying.

Hajji Mufutau

I am impressed with innoson group and I am so disappointed that our government can't patronize them.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 8:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
Fhemmmy:
I am impressed with innoson group and I am so disappointed that our government can't patronize them.

That is the real fact. God help us.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by PeoplesArmy: 9:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
Fhemmmy:

Anambra state government is patronizing them. Hopefully, other state governments and FG will follow suit shortly.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 10:42pm On Aug 09, 2014
PeoplesArmy:

Anambra state government is patronizing them. Hopefully, other state governments and FG will follow suit shortly.

The federal government could help..... good that some government is using their brain
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
Selecting more tiles this morning.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
We have some plain white with indented design on it.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:51pm On Aug 11, 2014
Final painting work on the burglary proof before we take them to the site.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (50) (Reply)

How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) / Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.