Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu (163526 Views)

How We Built "The Coffee Shop" / The Luxury Hotel Owned By Kaduna Commercial Transport Workers (Photos) / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:17pm On Jul 09, 2014
The completion of dressing works is ongoing.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by tandj: 8:24pm On Jul 09, 2014
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:38pm On Jul 09, 2014
tandj: Spyder880, pls can u give me a rough estimate of how much building and installing windows can cost(per window)?
Do u hv clients in abuja? Can u send their contact now pls. Urgent.
Thanks.

There are many different types of windows, which are you asking about.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by tandj: 9:03pm On Jul 09, 2014
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:09pm On Jul 09, 2014
tandj: Thanks for ur swift reply.
The type used in building duplex now.
Looks like church windows.
A friend just called to say he was charged 1m for construction and fixing in a seven bedroom,three parlour,seperate dining, three kitchen duplex.
Told him to wait,I will ask u.
Isn't that too much?

No, if he is using Nigalex materials with long windows, 7 bedroom duplex could cost him about N1.5m
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by tandj: 12:40am On Jul 10, 2014
Thank u sir.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:37am On Jul 10, 2014
tandj: shocked shocked
Never knew it can be this costly.
I forgot to add two living rooms upstair.

Thanks a lot.

I discovered u late but no problem, we pray for more blessings and let God keep us all alive.
I simply lv ur handiwork. Keeps me glued.

Hope u wouldn't mind,will delete the posts above.
Thank u sir

You are welcome bro.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Onuokwu: 4:56pm On Jul 10, 2014
spyder880: Am also worried about something, see the walls in the void, notice that there is a build up of fungal greens. This is most likely due to dampness in the void. I am planning to tile this portion as against plastering it.

Does this mean the whole void will be tiled? Wont it be helpful to find a way to channel the water out of the void?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:34pm On Jul 10, 2014
Onuokwu:
Does this mean the whole void will be tiled? Wont it be helpful to find a way to channel the water out of the void?

Channeling the water away is easy enough, insert roof water channels and pipe the water through the under ground pipes already provided earlier. But my main worry is not the water, it's the lack of serious sunshine into this area. This is why I am planning for tiles here.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
The back of this house, all fully plastered. Waiting for windows which are almost ready.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2014
Construction of the gate house in progress.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Aventures(m): 3:45pm On Jul 12, 2014
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:54pm On Jul 12, 2014
We are already at the lintels level.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:56pm On Jul 12, 2014
Aerial view.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:00am On Jul 17, 2014
Work will continue here today as we move to complete the gatehouse.

We have brought in some windows for this house and dressing will commence from today.

I am also making concerted efforts to buy PVC ceiling for the upper rooms, but buying from Innoson is not possible now, I am looking for good quality alternatives so we can continue.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:22pm On Jul 17, 2014
The gate house, from the ground.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:24pm On Jul 17, 2014
Doing the lintels for the gate house.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
Electrical piping works, all done in the upper floor of this house. Waiting for PVC ceiling boards.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:29pm On Jul 17, 2014
We now have some window frames, fitted with burglary proof mounted on these windows. We are starting the dressing work tomorrow morning.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:30pm On Jul 17, 2014
More of the window frames

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:34pm On Jul 17, 2014
The steps rail and balcony hand rails are all ready. Just waiting to be painted. The weather has been acting funny this morning. We need a sunny sky to do this painting.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:32pm On Jul 17, 2014
Shopping for PVC ceiling boards, available samples in the absence of Innoson brands.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:34pm On Jul 17, 2014
I am making sure that the length and width is Ok. The quality seems good.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:58pm On Jul 19, 2014
We have started fitting PVC ceiling in one of the flats,

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:01pm On Jul 19, 2014
After the lintels in the gate house, we have now added blocks to level it. Next is the roofing of this house.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:08pm On Jul 19, 2014
The painting of the handrails is ongoing now. But I don't like the colour they are using. I ordered them to use black paint instead.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by emmadejust(m): 6:32am On Jul 20, 2014
this project is almost coming to completion soon

Hope you are going to fixe tiles and do pop?

oga spyder my leg is ready to take a walk with you ooo
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by PeoplesArmy: 11:43am On Jul 20, 2014
spyder880: We have started fitting PVC ceiling in one of the flats,

This PVCs looks very nice when installed. Is this from Innoson or you settled for another domestic manufacturer? Our people are trying sha.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by PeoplesArmy: 11:48am On Jul 20, 2014
emmadejust:

I thought this was a letable commercial property. Installing POP may change the economic dynamics for the landlord. In some areas that command high rent, this may be a good selling point but in other areas it may affect the economics of the property negatively. Just my opinion though. King Spyder who is resident in Enugu should know better.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by bugmenot: 4:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
PeoplesArmy:

This PVCs looks very nice when installed. Is this from Innoson or you settled for another domestic manufacturer? Our people are trying sha.

Seconded, lovely PVC.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
emmadejust:

Yes we are planning to buy and fix the tiles but no POP in the building. We are already fixing PVC ceiling boards in this house.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Onuokwu: 8:31am On Jul 21, 2014
spyder880: After the lintels in the gate house, we have now added blocks to level it. Next is the roofing of this house.

That gate house looks like an executive BQ. Na gate man go dey there or is it meant for rent? grin grin grin

Oga spyder, if possible, can you show us the gatehouse plan?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (50) (Reply)

How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) / Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.