Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,497 members, 7,954,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:10 PM

Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters (66812 Views)

Abubakar Audu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters / Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 08, 2014
rudedough:

Before you quote someone, try to follow the trend of the discussion. Don't just jump on a post and make conclusions.

The 1st person i quoted stated that Stella Oduah must publish a copy of her MBA certificate. And i said, that is impossible.

The NASS can ask Stella Oduah to provide her MBA certificate for their private view, they probably should have a copy already. But Stella Oduah is under no legal obligation to publish a copy of her MBA certificate for public view, neither does the NASS has the right to publish a copy of her MBA certificate without her consent.

That will be a breach of her civil right. We don't have to debate back and forth on this issue, just grab your phone and call your uncle, relation or friend who is a legal practitioner to confirm.

In essence you're saying the Nigerian people have no right to know of they've been conned or not. Nice.

It doesn't really matter though because the president will never fire her even if she was found guilty of perjury.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 08, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Yikes, News Flash: I was called to the bar more than 28yrs ago!

I do not care for you previous arguments prior to what I responded to...and now the present one. Everything you wrote is total bunkum! Rubbish! Trash! Garbage!!!

Reread what I wrote and stop sounding ignorant.

cheesy cheesy Call to which bar? Mama Chidinma catfish pepersoup & bar or Bar beach?

My friend go and sit down.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 08, 2014
django1:

In essence you're saying the Nigerian people have no right to know of they've been conned or not. Nice.

It doesn't really matter though because the president will never fire her even if she was found guilty of perjury.

In essence, the Nigerian people will be informed in a statement issued by the NASS after their investigation that the Minister has been found guilty of forgery or whatever.

The copy of her MBA certificate will not be made public. It is her credential, her personal data, It is not for public view.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:46pm On Jan 08, 2014
rudedough:

cheesy cheesy Call to which bar? Mama Chidinma catfish pepersoup & bar or Bar beach?

My friend go and sit down.
What's the gibberish you just dumped up there?
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
rudedough:

In essence, the Nigerian people will be informed in a statement issued by the NASS after their investigation that the Minister has been found guilty of forgery or whatever.

The copy of her MBA certificate will not be made public. It is her credential, her personal data, It is not for public view.
I'm sorry, but you're clearly an uneducated oaf pretending to be more knowledgeable than you are.

Let me ask you a quick question: Your country passed it's own version of the FOI Act, right? So, if a person filed a request to see what documentation she presented before being made Minister she'll tell them not to release her docs because it's her personal property.

I don't know how much theyre paying you to come make a fooool of urself on here, but I bet when ur handlers see how poorly you've been managing their propaganda business you're getting fired.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 08, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: What's the gibberish you just dumped up there?

Dude shut up!! You are Agbameta's colleague in the vulcanizing business. Even a baby law student will know that it is an infringement of one's civil right to make public an employee / appointee personal data without his/her consent.

Now go back to where you are coming from. Mama Chinemerem is "Calling you back to the bar". grin grin Mad man.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:59pm On Jan 08, 2014
rudedough:

Dude shut up!! You are Agbameta's colleague in the vulcanizing business. Even a baby law student will know that it is an infringement of one's civil right to make public an employee / appointee personal data without his/her consent.

Now go back to where you are coming from. Mama Chinemerem is "Calling you back to the bar". grin grin Mad man.
lmaooo dude pls shut it while we still think of you as just a mere dunce or probably a drunk. U keep going on and people will start to think of u as an im*becile.

You've got not an iota of idea what the hell you're yapping about. Infringement of rights indeed. Lmao smh

P.S: I notice u criminally evaded my question of her presented documentation being requested under the FOI Act.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: I'm sorry, but you're clearly an uneducated oaf pretending to be more knowledgeable than you are.

Let me ask you a quick question: Your country passed it's own version of the FOI Act, right? So, if a person filed a request to see what documentation she presented before being made Minister she'll tell them not to release her docs because it's her personal property.

I don't know how much theyre paying you to come make a fooool of urself on here, but I bet when ur handlers see how poorly you've been managing their propaganda business you're getting fired.

I am neither APC nor PDP. I do not engage in tribal bigotry too.

Can you prove that i have any political affiliation on NL?
Can you prove that i am of an ethnic group too? I guess not.

@the bolded - You said "FILED A REQUEST" --- Doesn't that sound like a request for consent to you? Did the LASG not decline the request of the FOI recently?

The FOI bill does not include personal data. You cannot write to Fashola and ask him to give you the statement of his bank account. That is an infringement on his civil right.

Sir, you are not a lawyer, you have no knowledge of the law. I am not a legal practitioner either but i know my legal rights

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 08, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: lmaooo dude pls shut it while we still think of you as just a mere dunce or probably a drunk. U keep going on and people will start to think of u as an im*becile.

You've got not an iota of idea what the hell you're yapping about. Infringement of rights indeed. Lmao smh

P.S: I notice u criminally evaded my question of her presented documentation being requested under the FOI Act.

Is this the kind of charge and bail lawyers they produce in Nigeria Universities? cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:17pm On Jan 08, 2014
rudedough:

Can you proof that i have any political affiliation on NL?
Can you proof that i am of an ethnic group too? I guess not.

@the bolded - You said "FILED A REQUEST" --- Doesn't that sound like a request for consent to you? Did the LASG not decline the request of the FOI recently?

The FOI bill does not include personal data. You cannot write to Fashola and ask him to give you the statement of his bank account. That is an infringement of his civil right.

Sir, you are not a lawyer, you have no knowledge of the law. I am not a legal practitioner either but i know my legal rights
I will engage your idiocy only because it is below freezing and there's no work for me till Monday. I will answer your questions below to the best of my ability.

1. Youre definitely a PDP member. Not just that, ur also a paid goon sent here to spread rumors and propaganda. Your soul has been paid for already in Naira, Kobo and probably cassava bread.

2. Yes you are a bigot. A dirty stinking one too.

3. What the hell is "A request for consent"? Go find out what your Freedom of information Act is all about and stop talking about subjects which you know nothing about. Any documents she's ever provided to the Govt can be requested, the worst that can happen is that certain portions could be redacted in the interest of i.e National Security.

4. I cannot request info about Fashola in his "private" capacity, but I can request same when it pertains to his dealings in his "official capacity as a Govt agent".

5.Go to sleep, ure wasting my time. Arguing with you is like me arguing with a surgeon on the procedures of liposuction; I'll sound like an idi*ot, won't I? Exactly!

Quit it and stop sounding like an id*iot.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by agbameta: 1:19pm On Jan 08, 2014
ba7man: Your Enugu Airport is crap.......Same with MMIA.

Just a visit to Oliver Thambo Airport will make you realize those Airports you're so proud of are Bus Stations with planes parked behind them.

lol.....
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:20pm On Jan 08, 2014
rudedough:

Is this the kind of charge and bail lawyers they produce in Nigeria Universities? cheesy cheesy
If my parents had put me through even one second of what you term "school/education" in your country, I'd have ended up on the news and would've been waiting for the electric chair right now.

You, my friend, are an obvious product of the kind of system that vomited your President and most of your political leaders.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by reporter1: 1:21pm On Jan 08, 2014
rudedough:

Can you [b]proof
that i have any political affiliation on NL?
Can you proof that i am of an ethnic group too? I guess not.

The FOI bill does not include personal data. You cannot write to Fashola and ask him to give you the statement of his bank account. That is an infringement of his civil right.

Sir, you are not a lawyer, you have no knowledge of the law. I am not a legal practitioner either but i know my legal rights.[/b]

Stop disgracing yourself. Enough of trying to justify criminality. And try to understand the difference between "proof and prove."

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by agbameta: 1:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
ba7man: You might have just exposed the person that edited Stella Oduah's School's name out of her Wikipedea page.

That guy might probably be on her Pay-roll.

Are you minding the low intellect village people. Their logic is always upside down logic.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by agbameta: 1:28pm On Jan 08, 2014
Freewilly:

See mumu to the highest order, I thought he was going to compare Enugu airport with the one in his home town of Ibadan and not some Airport in South Africa.

So, your mediocre goal in life is to be better than your neighbor and never the very best all around?

Typical cheap and low mentality villager.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 08, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: I will engage your idiocy only because it is below freezing and there's no work for me till Monday. I will answer your questions below to the best of my ability.

1. Youre definitely a PDP member. Not just that, ur also a paid goon sent here to spread rumors and propaganda. Your soul has been paid for already in Naira, Kobo and probably cassava bread.

2. Yes you are a bigot. A dirty stinking one too.

3. What the hell is "A request for consent"? Go find out what your Freedom of information Act is all about and stop talking about subjects which you know nothing about. Any documents she's ever provided to the Govt can be requested, the worst that can happen is that certain portions could be redacted in the interest of i.e National Security.

4. I cannot request info about Fashola in his "private" capacity, but I request same when it pertains to his dealings in his "official capacity as a Govt agent".

5.Go to sleep, ure wasting my time. Arguing with you is like me arguing with a surgeon on the procedures of liposuction; I'll sound like an idi*ot, won't I? Exactly!

Quit it and stop sounding like an id*iot.

The cursing and name calling was totally unnecessary. As an acclaimed lawyer, i hope you know that i can sue your a$$ right now for defamation of character.

At the highlighted, is Stella Oduah's MBA certificate public property?

I ask NLers, Is this the kind of charge and bail lawyers they produce in Nigeria Universities? angry angry
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by agbameta: 1:33pm On Jan 08, 2014
FreeGlobe:
crap or not, atleast now the airport is international which yorubas politicians refused to grant it in ages.

lol @ international... International ko, multi national ni..
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 08, 2014
reporter?:

Stop disgracing yourself. Enough of trying to justify criminality. And try to understand the difference between "proof and prove."

Thank you for the correction, it was duly received. And no one is considered a criminal until proven guilty by the law court. Let the NASS do their job and never let your emotions cloud your judgement.

#Peace.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by agbameta: 1:38pm On Jan 08, 2014
rudedough:

The cursing and name calling was totally unnecessary. As an acclaimed lawyer, i hope you know that i can sue your a$$ right now for defamation of character.

I ask NLers, Is this the kind of charge and bail lawyers they produce in Nigeria Universities? angry angry

It is of course. Did she not use it to secure a public position funded by the taxpayers? Omo, abeg go rest somewhere, this online caretaker job den give you Is well above your pay grade and intellectual capacity.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:40pm On Jan 08, 2014
rudedough:

Name calling?! So what do you refer to your lame attempts at insults: Terms of endearment?! I see you're still too dense in the head to realize what I meant with the "Electric Chair" reference. Youre definitely mentally special. This is my last interaction with you on this subject. I refuse to continue rumbling with a wild boar in slimy mud. You win.

P.S: lmao @ suing for defamation of character. You need to stop drinking so early in the day. And try to step out of your hamlet once in a while.

***I couldn't help but notice your pic on ur profile page. Lmaooo no wonder you feel "cool" enough to talk confidently on Subjects that cost others time, money,and effort to gain knowledge on. Smh

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by agbameta: 1:56pm On Jan 08, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Name calling?! So what do you refer to your lame attempts at insults: Terms of endearments?! I see you're still too dense in the head to realize what I meant with the "Electric Chair" reference. Youre definitely mentally special. This is my last interaction with you on this subject. I refuse to continue rumbling with a wild boar in slimy mud. You win.

P.S: lmao @ suing for defamation of character. You need to stop drinking so early in the day. And try to step out of your hamlet once in a while.

***I couldn't help but notice your pic on ur profile page. Lmaooo no wonder you feel "cool" enough to talk confidently on Subjects that cost others time, money,and effort to gain knowledge on. Smh

The bobo get blackberry now.....lmao
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 08, 2014
agbameta:

It is of course. Did she not use it to secure a public position funded by the taxpayers? Omo, abeg go rest somewhere, this online caretaker job den give you Is well above your pay grade and intellectual capacity.

Is Stella Oduah's MBA certificate public property?

@bolded How many local govt workers, police officer, customs, immigration, civil servants have you seen their certificates published? They are all public officers and are funded by tax payers money.

Should i continue debating with you? I guess not. Like i said, your vulcanizing colleague agbameta is here to discuss my blackberry. grin Little mind discuss little things. I'm glad you liked my profile photo.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by JNdupu: 2:14pm On Jan 08, 2014
Underneath all the cussing and personal attacks, we (the watchers) are learning, as they say - small by small.

We can set out the sequence of issues that we may agree or disagree upon ...

- The fundamental question of what documentation she presented to the NASS or elsewhere is outstanding.

- If it is forged, that is Fraud, abi?

- Whose property is that document?

- Do the Naija people have a right to see that document because that is one of the basis she has been ad-Ministering for them?

- What does the much-touted FOI bill say about this scenario?

The last point is very significant and it won't take much for any lawyer-in-da-house to digest the bill and opine. Like I said, we are learning small by small and kudos to the intelligent contributors but the curses are really unnecessary.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by akorsson(m): 2:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
Make cool cash from your dead or condemned inverter batteries and other heavy duty batteries. Contact padre tech on 08161195037or bbm on 758a9ed5. We shall come do the pick up anywhere u have them
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by lacidi: 2:37pm On Jan 08, 2014
The problem I have with NL is that there are a lot of people here who want to claim to know more than they do. I will not say there are too many kids here, but a lot of NL members seem to act mostly on impulse and sentiments, rather than facts.

Firstly, the MBA certificate of Ms. Oduah was NOT the basis for her appointment as a Minister. We need to establish what the minimum requirements are for being a minister. Just like the position of the President, the minimum requirement is an O ‘level certificate or its equivalent.

This leaves us with the issue of what crime, if any, was committed. I am not privy to the form of documents presented to the National Assembly and hence I cannot say whether they were submitted under oath. If they were, then she will be guilty of perjury, if not, then she is not guilty of a criminal offence but will lose the moral right to remain in government. Note that I said 'moral right' not 'legal right'. The morality of her actions does not however mean that her employer (the presidency) is bound to remove her. This is because morals do not determine legal decisions (remember Clinton and Lewinsky?). So if the president feels that he cannot work with someone of such weak morals, then he should go ahead and remove her, but he also has to balance the opportunity cost of losing whatever positives she brings to the aviation ministry.

On the issue of releasing her MBA for public viewing, the FOI does not apply to private documents. Ms. Odua's MBA certificate is not a public document. It is not the basis for her appointment. She therefore cannot be forced to release the document if she does not wish to.

NB: All the above is based on the assumption that she actually lied about her MBA. I am not stating this as a given, I am only working on that assumption.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 08, 2014
lacidi: The problem I have with NL is that there are a lot of people here who want to claim to know more than they do. I will not say there are too many kids here, but a lot of NL members seem to act mostly on impulse and sentiments, rather than facts.

Firstly, the MBA certificate of Ms. Oduah was NOT the basis for her appointment as a Minister. We need to establish what the minimum requirements are for being a minister. Just like the position of the President, the minimum requirement is an O ‘level certificate or its equivalent.

This leaves us with the issue of what crime, if any, was committed. I am not privy to the form of documents presented to the National Assembly and hence I cannot say whether they were submitted under oath. If they were, then she will be guilty of perjury, if not, then she is not guilty of a criminal offence but will lose the moral right to remain in government. Note that I said 'moral right' not 'legal right'. The morality of her actions does not however mean that her employer (the presidency) is bound to remove her. This is because morals do not determine legal decisions (remember Clinton and Lewinsky?). So if the president feels that he cannot work with someone of such weak morals, then he should go ahead and remove her, but he also has to balance the opportunity cost of losing whatever positives she brings to the aviation ministry.

On the issue of releasing her MBA for public viewing, the FOI does not apply to private documents. Ms. Odua's MBA certificate is not a public document. It is not the basis for her appointment. She therefore cannot be forced to release the document if she does not wish to.

NB: All the above is based on the assumption that she actually lied about her MBA. I am not stating this as a given, I am only working on that assumption.

When legal practitioners speak, it's not hard to spot them.

@ISpiksDaTroof the gulder BAR-rister, i hope you take note.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by agbameta: 2:59pm On Jan 08, 2014
lacidi: The problem I have with NL is that there are a lot of people here who want to claim to know more than they do. I will not say there are too many kids here, but a lot of NL members seem to act mostly on impulse and sentiments, rather than facts.

You are not only trying to have it both ways, you shot for a million ways and finally sat on the fence helplessly....

You shouldn't have bothered....
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by OgologoDimkpa: 2:59pm On Jan 08, 2014

Well said!
Oya over to you all these APC e-goons/ internet warriors grin
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by maasoap(m): 3:03pm On Jan 08, 2014

Somebody forged a certificate and you are here talking about moral. It is a criminal offence. Do you even realise that that MBA certificate might have given her added advantage?
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by maasoap(m): 3:06pm On Jan 08, 2014

You are talking trash, man.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by lacidi: 3:11pm On Jan 08, 2014
You are not only trying to have it both ways, you shot for a million ways and finally sat on the fence helplessly....

You shouldn't have bothered....[/quote]

This is exactly why I said that NL members always write without being privy of the facts.
I stated clearly that my comments were based on the assumption that she lied about her MBA. Neither of us (you or I) can conclusively say that she lied because we are not in any way privy to the facts. All we are acting on is a report from Sahara reporters, which we can 'assume' to be correct. That still does not remove the fact that we are 'assuming'. I would not want to be seen as taking a categorical position on issues that are based on hear say. To do that would mean that I am not qualified to be called a competent legal prfessional.
Re: Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters by DerideGull(m): 3:12pm On Jan 08, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: lmaooo dude pls shut it while we still think of you as just a mere dunce or probably a drunk. U keep going on and people will start to think of u as an im*becile.

Are sure you were called to the Bar? The FOI Act applies to the information in the hands of public entities and not the ones involving personal identity information (PII).

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

MC Oluomo Unveils New Lagos Parks Uniform (Photo) / Buhari Opens Up On Cabal, Osinbajo, TY Danjuma, Nigeria Election / Governor Wike & Dakuku Peterside Meet In Okrika (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.