Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

River State Dont Want To Be In The SS, They Are easterners and 80% igbos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / River State Dont Want To Be In The SS, They Are easterners and 80% igbos (7413 Views)

President Buhari Visits Cross River State (Live Updates) / We Are Not Easterners Anymore! / What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: River State Dont Want To Be In The SS, They Are easterners and 80% igbos by MrAnyachi(m): 11:10am On May 23, 2021
Abagworo:

There's a problem here. Do you mean Igbo ethnic group or Igbo speaking population or Igbo related ethnic groups?

If its Igbo speaking population, then Musiwa is probably right but if its ethnic Igbos then we should be talking about 10% and they are found in Egbema part of ONELGA and Oyigbo only.

Igbo related like Ikwerre, Ogba, Etche etc are roughly 50% or more.
nonsense analysis. shut up if u don't know what to contribute. My wife is from port Harcourt. her father will cut off ur head if u dare tell him that he's not Igbo.
even my bonny and opobo friends hasn't deny their igbo identity. Don't you know why it is hard to create a new state from rivers? it is coz bonny and opobo said that they won't be cut off from their brothers. if ijaws want a new state from rivers, it should stop at degema or new kalabari.
Re: River State Dont Want To Be In The SS, They Are easterners and 80% igbos by Kinematics: 1:02pm On Nov 16, 2021
MrAnyachi:

[s]nonsense analysis. shut up if u don't know what to contribute. My wife is from port Harcourt. her father will cut off ur head if u dare tell him that he's not Igbo.
even my bonny and opobo friends hasn't deny their igbo identity. Don't you know why it is hard to create a new state from rivers? it is coz bonny and opobo said that they won't be cut off from their brothers. if ijaws want a new state from rivers, it should stop at degema or new kalabari.[/s]

Re: River State Dont Want To Be In The SS, They Are easterners and 80% igbos by revolt(m): 1:44pm On Nov 16, 2021
Kponkwem:

You are correct, when Adekunle's 3rd marine commandos arrived Igbo speaking areas of present Rivers and whipped their asses and defences, in the push to 'Igbo heartland', they had to accept they are non Igbo to avoid the fate that befell their brothers in starvation.

The challenge is reorienting them now, because a whole new generation of these Rivers indigenes face serious emotional and psychological identity dysfunctional syndrome-always on the defensive- aggressively charging at other Nigerians in their denial of not being Igbo.

When other Nigerians encounter them in training colleges, offices and businesses, they only but feel pity for their dual/split identity-perceived Igbo but claims 'minority' all because of belonging to oil states.

This situation would have befallen the Aniomas- until their elders decided to support their racial kith and kins because their son Nzeogwu had a hand in the whole crisis. They paid the price-yes-in Asaba massacre by Murtala's troops, but they have put that in their stride and moved on. Today even with low oil resources, Delta Igbo account for three of Nigeria' top 10 richest citizens: Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu and Peter Eloka Okocha.

My brothers, we need to reorientate our kiths in Rivers with the Igbo historical works such as T. Basden, Kenneth Dike, Elizabeth Isichei etc. We know the likes of Elechi Amadi- who made his name on the back of Igbo/Ikwerre history is part of the seeds of discord. If Obi Wali, Francis Ellah, Eze Rebisi and Eze Nwuche of Ekpeye were to have been alive and strong they won't allow this barefaced erosion of cultural ties to continue.
did obiwali identify as igbo? I remember he died in suspicious circumstances... involving an adulterous wife and lover though..was young then.
Re: River State Dont Want To Be In The SS, They Are easterners and 80% igbos by mbos: 2:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
Abagworo:

There's a problem here. Do you mean Igbo ethnic group or Igbo speaking population or Igbo related ethnic groups?

If its Igbo speaking population, then Musiwa is probably right but if its ethnic Igbos then we should be talking about 10% and they are found in Egbema part of ONELGA and Oyigbo only.

Igbo related like Ikwerre, Ogba, Etche etc are roughly 50% or more.

Etche . u know nothing about etche. Etche is also in imo state
Re: River State Dont Want To Be In The SS, They Are easterners and 80% igbos by LILTJAY: 2:26pm On Nov 16, 2021
Kinematics why igbos love unity begging from ss tribes like this? grin
Re: River State Dont Want To Be In The SS, They Are easterners and 80% igbos by gidgiddy: 2:27pm On Nov 16, 2021
revolt:
did obiwali identify as igbo? I remember he died in suspicious circumstances... involving an adulterous wife and lover though..was young then.

Obi Wali fully identified as an Igbo man and an Ikwerre man. His son, Ihunwo Obi Wali, is today the deputy president general of Ohanaeze Ndigbo
Re: River State Dont Want To Be In The SS, They Are easterners and 80% igbos by Samyyorn5050: 2:48pm On Nov 16, 2021
I don't have much to say about this
But I dear you to come or just stand at any rivers boundary and say this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Failure To Pick Tinubu As The VP Candidate Will Tear APC Apart. / The Fraudulent Onochie And Her Impostor: Episode 1 Part 3(Screenshot) / Tolu Ibitola Awards Scholarship To Miss Ilogbo, Olabisi Ogunleye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.