Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,442 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) (34636 Views)

Bad Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Way Being Washed By Erosion (Pics) / Nkpor Express Way Anambra State About To Be Washed By Flood Pics / Lagos-ibadan Express Road Work In Progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 09, 2014
ilugunboy: The stretch of the road under abandoned construction due to paucity of funds is less than 5KM of the entire stretch of Lag-Ib express road.
like play like play it will extend the full lenght. Learn 2 aprc8t wat u have... that section wasn't like that 2years ago, it won't be like that by 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 09, 2014
musiwa112: go and fool someone else.. it is not between berger and ibafo(ogun) . there are already houses on the side of the road. so all of the lies by jonathan goodluck men on television is 419.
and he is not related to salami... i laugh when you people think i am a fool. i may live abroad, i am not that stupid. i need a large land in that area to build a church and later university, then will you give me. God will bless you.
am no GEJ person but I think He's trying, even our own person that was there 4 8yrs couldn't do jack sh*t about that road.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by freezy(m): 11:25am On Jan 09, 2014
musiwa112: go and fool someone else.. it is not between berger and ibafo(ogun) . there are already houses on the side of the road. so all of the lies by jonathan goodluck men on television is 419.
and he is not related to salami... i laugh when you people think i am a fool. i may live abroad, i am not that stupid. i need a large land in that area to build a church and later university, then will you give me. God will bless you.

I already said that. It is shortly after Ibadan.

freezy:
No sir. Wrong. That part where construction by RCC is on-going is shortly after 'Onigari' axis from the Ibadan end and terminates shortly after the Foursquare Camp at Ajebo. About 3 miles in length. That is the part where RCC is working, have the concrete barriers and have done that kind of excavation right in the middle existing roads.
Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by freezy(m): 11:29am On Jan 09, 2014
Mzsolex: like play like play it will extend the full lenght. Learn 2 aprc8t wat u have... that section wasn't like that 2years ago, it won't be like that by 2015.

I hope to God you are right. Mind you, nothing but a few pot-holes were patched on the road itself. All that excavation is being done in the middle of the road where there is no tarmac/asphalt. Maybe it is the way I'd work but I would have expected work to go on on that road at least 3 shifts daily, i.e. 24 hours.

Funny thing is the barriers have taken almost an entire lane reducing our 2 lane access to one. A truck broke down there once... You should have an idea of what happened next especially as RCC workers and equipment were nowhere to be found

1 Like

Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 09, 2014
Mzsolex: cry 4 urself bro cuz u're loosing ur sight fast... It wasn't a suggestion but a question. Did u see this '?'

Deep down, you know its because you don't want to give credit to GEJ for anything that brought about this dumb question.

The completion will vindicate GEJ, keep living in denial.

1 Like

Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 09, 2014
Promhize:

Deep in your foolish brain, you know its because you don't want to give credit to GEJ for anything that brought about this dumb question.

The completion will vindicate GEJ, keep living in denial.
u've gone loco? U always show ur stupidity in all and every of ur post... Go up there and read all my post all over again.

Ps: there's no reward 4 being dumb on nairaland, at least seun hasn't made dat known. So pls use ur brain wen posting, and stop being emotional all the time dumbfuck!

1 Like

Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 09, 2014
freezy:

I hope to God you are right. Mind you, nothing but a few pot-holes were patched on the road itself. All that excavation is being done in the middle of the road where there is no tarmac/asphalt. Maybe it is the way I'd work but I would have expected work to go on on that road at least 3 shifts daily, i.e. 24 hours.

Funny thing is the barriers have taken almost an entire lane reducing our 2 lane access to one. A truck broke down there once... You should have an idea of what happened next especially as RCC workers and equipment were nowhere to be found
I think it's gonna be 6/8lane all 2geda, they are already putting asphalt on some of d excavated part. Maybe wen that part is done, they'll block the existing 2lane 4 it renovation too while road users will b using d middle lane #mythought. Heard on radio this morning though that the work will continue as promised and will meet the target date of completion. I hope the required fund is provided, so let keep watching!
Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by Soreza(m): 5:25pm On Jan 09, 2014
Wow,congratulations to mikel,mikel has just won the best africa player of the year
Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by Danielgabby(m): 5:32pm On Jan 09, 2014
Pls nxt tym use a fone with gud camera quality oo
Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by Akiika: 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2014
Dem don dey try rehabilitate this (less than 200 KM) road before i was born....please fix the da#n road and stop celebrating mediocrity!
Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by deshclones(m): 5:41pm On Jan 09, 2014
ilugunboy: The stretch of the road under abandoned construction due to paucity of funds is less than 5KM of the entire stretch of Lag-Ib express road.

You are extremely lucky i can not see you physically to land a hot angry backhand slap on that chubby cheeks of yours filled with lies ,bigotry and immense rubbish you chew from your APC's masters table.....

Same road a bonafide yoruba man OBJ(though his paternity is in doubt) could not fix in 8years that he was president...same road that obat,conoil,forte oil ,etc all owned by the western guys (although through illegitimate acquisitions) which also contribute to the roads breakdown and leaving it in its sorry state couldnt fix...you are here badmouthing a president all the way from the ND...who has human kindness in him and is fixing it for you guys....

You are really despicable and without any iota of gratitude in you...God and nature will forever punish gowon for keeping me in the same country with you people...and i mean every word of it. angry angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by alotofgrace(m): 5:45pm On Jan 09, 2014
i dont trust those rcc guys...they didnt do a good job in benin
Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by bid4rich(m): 5:47pm On Jan 09, 2014
This is the rehabilitation and the expansion the FG promised on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. The project cost 167 billion Naira and it was paired between two construction company (Julius Berger and RCC Company). The project will last for at least 38 months and its was said that its gonna be a redesigned road including bridge at the Redemption camp.

The question is, the road of 102 kilometer is being awarded at exorbitant 167 billion naira. Does that mean a KM now goes for more than 1 Billion Naira? I beg make una talk because I dont understand
Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by hardbody: 5:48pm On Jan 09, 2014
deshclones:

You are extremely lucky i can not see you physically to land a hot angry backhand slap on that chubby cheeks of yours filled with lies ,bigotry and immense rubbish you chew from your APC's masters table.....

Same road a bonafide yoruba man OBJ(though his paternity is in doubt) could not fix in 8years that he was president...same road that obat,conoil,forte oil ,etc all owned by the western guys (although through illegitimate acquisitions) which also contribute to the roads breakdown and leaving it in its sorry state couldnt fix...you are here badmouthing a president all the way from the ND...who has human kindness in him and is fixing it for you guys....

You are really despicable and without any iota of gratitude in you...God and nature will forever punish gowon for keeping me in the same country with you people...and i mean every word of it. angry angry angry

I was gonna say AMEN to that prayer but I realized that Gowon's punishment is on-going with the daily killings and brutalization of his kinsmen by Fulani herdsmen. What more can I ask for?
Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by johnstar(m): 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2014
musiwa112: [size=38pt]stop deceiving people. that is not the lagos --ibadan expressway because there is no gap in between the road.[/size]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-h26UQnGVaSM/TywqzaVqv6I/AAAAAAAAB7k/H_AoR_ZMvOk/s320/lagos_ibadan.jpg[/img]
otondo, which day u travel last undecided
Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by tomakint: 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2014

Help somebody call 911, musiwa has gone bananas again grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by madnigerian: 5:56pm On Jan 09, 2014
more railways....more railways.
Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by rman: 6:03pm On Jan 09, 2014
I drove on this road yesterday. Yes, it is true rehabilitation work has started. it is too early to start praise singing yet. There is still a lot of work to be done.
Lagos - Ibadan express is around 120km ( hope I'm correct) , and the two major spots where I saw major work isn't up to 20km. If they continue at a good pace, they should be able to complete it in 2yrs.
Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 09, 2014
tomakint:
Help somebody call 911, musiwa has gone bananas again grin grin grin
grin grin grin honestly the guy baffles me a lot dz dayz, I don't know if this is still d same musiwa we all know... U should see the thread he opened about Gowon!
Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by freezy(m): 6:12pm On Jan 09, 2014
Actually on the Lagos-Sagamu axis, maybe 4 kilos on one side, about 2 kilos of cleared bush on the other side.

Ibadan to Sagamu will be roughly about 4-5 kilos too, median excavation that is (I'll check with my odometer on Saturday).

Work is waaaay too slow for a 21st Century road project. At times there is no one on ground doing anything. I recall that the excavation of the stretch in Ibadan -Sagamu axis was done in one day... A Sunday. I'd expect the momentum be sustained. I doubt anything has been done in the last one month.

Again, I say that road ought to have at the minimum 3 8-Hour shifts... At this pace, it is almost impossible to determine when it will be finished.
Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 09, 2014
freezy: Actually on the Lagos-Sagamu axis, maybe 4 kilos on one side, about 2 kilos of cleared bush on the other side.

Ibadan to Sagamu will be roughly about 4-5 kilos too, median excavation that is (I'll check with my odometer on Saturday).

Work is waaaay too slow for a 21st Century road project. At times there is no one on ground doing anything. I recall that the excavation of the stretch in Ibadan -Sagamu axis was done in one day... A Sunday. I'd expect the momentum be sustained. I doubt anything has been done in the last one month.

Again, I say that road ought to have at the minimum 3 8-Hour shifts... At this pace, it is almost impossible to determine when it will be finished.

Dude, I heard that's how contractors in Dubai work, almost a 24 hour work cycle.

If we had that though, won't the job become more expensive? Dunno!
Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by gajike: 6:20pm On Jan 09, 2014
musiwa112: [size=38pt]stop deceiving people. that is not the lagos --ibadan expressway because there is no gap in between the road.[/size]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-h26UQnGVaSM/TywqzaVqv6I/AAAAAAAAB7k/H_AoR_ZMvOk/s320/lagos_ibadan.jpg[/img]

the gap you are talking about has been fill up for the purpose of extension to make it 8 lanes. I went to Lagos on Sunday. the pictures are real.
Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by freezy(m): 6:21pm On Jan 09, 2014
Uchiha Madara:
Dude, I heard that's how contractors in Dubai work, almost a 24 hour work cycle.
If we had that though, won't the job become more expensive? Dunno!

^^^

True that, but then they finish faster. Man-hour costs may increase a little because of those working odd hours, but of course there is more time available to plan an implement other projects.

Dubai don't joke with their constructions o. They give stiff timelines for completion and woe betide that Contractor that does not deliver according to expectation. Dang. Those guys mean business. A new wing of the Airport was completed in 6 months.
Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by 360command: 6:21pm On Jan 09, 2014
How did this make front page oga Seun?
Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by noxpox: 6:27pm On Jan 09, 2014
There is road rehabilitation going on Lagos ibadan express road ,my concer is if they could finish it before 2015 coz much has not been done
Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 09, 2014
360command: How did this make front page oga Seun?
wait lemme guess, u ain't hating on me but GEJ?. Get over uself bro, watever the reason try and aprc8t the good things happening in this man's tenure(though there're some glitches), but truth be told He's still one of d best we've got around. #MHO
Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 09, 2014
freezy:

^^^

True that, but then they finish faster. Man-hour costs may increase a little because of those working odd hours, but of course there is more time available to plan an implement other projects.

Dubai don't joke with their constructions o. They give stiff timelines for completion and woe betide that Contractor that does not deliver according to expectation. Dang. Those guys mean business. A new wing of the Airport was completed in 6 months.

I know man!

I don't think we have such a culture here though, I mean the 24 hour round the clock work cycle culture, so maybe we don't really expect that from our contractors.

Things seem to be changing a bit in that regard, I've seen some stores that are now operating 24 hours, and I think Oando too.

Or maybe we just don't have the money to pay contractors round the clock, cause I have even witnessed some state roads where I stay, take foreeeeeeeeeever to complete.

If it were possible to have a country as a hero, then Dubai would be mine, as you said, those guys don't play.
Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by mrofficial(m): 6:31pm On Jan 09, 2014
This Musiwa self don kolo. Which kind drug him dey take?
Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 09, 2014
noxpox: There is road rehabilitation going on Lagos ibadan express road ,my concer is if they could finish it before 2015 coz much has not been done
we can only hope cuz the work pace is slow.
Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by Rikidony(m): 6:44pm On Jan 09, 2014
Why has GEJ forgotten about the Calabar-Itu road embarassed or are we not part of Nigeria, the only road linking Calabar and Akwa Ibiom has been negleted... The road is more than terrible bumbs every where, i just came bak to Calabar yesterday and i nearly slept on that road because of and accident that 18 People wre killed the road was block wit huge traffic am sure many people slept there yesterday. Gej pls help
Re: Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) by dammytosh: 6:48pm On Jan 09, 2014
Can't bliv people still bliv this deceptive Government.

That is how it will be until you vote massively next year.

These Jonathan of a guy learnt deceit from Master of deceit him self. From the devil.. sorry... Obasanjo i mean.

Foolish Government hopelessly raising people's hope.

I was very excited when they cut ribbon and announced that they gave the road to 2 companies.

That was 2 years ago. Bunch of fools.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Ambode should be the Next Lagos State Governor / HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port / Troops Kill Boko Haram Militants In Borno School, Also Recover Weapons.pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.