Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire (15284 Views)

10 People Needed To Partner With News Paper Company / Meet The Nigerian Woman That Built 4 Bedroom Flat From Roasted Corn Business / Meet The Man Who Makes A Fortune From Selling Roasted Frogs In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by Konjour(m): 9:20am On Jan 09, 2014
RIP to the dead. Without insinuating that that is the case in this situation, when folks see a products tanker heading for a tumble, all they should attempt to do is to flee as fast as possible away from the vicinity of such. No one should attempt making a fast buck by running over to scoop oil into buckets, jerrycans etc. You can only sell the scooped material for money though if you're alive. I've never seen a ghost selling fuel on the 'Black market'.
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by dkronicle(m): 9:21am On Jan 09, 2014
So this pple now no enjoy new year,
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by Maxymilliano(m): 9:22am On Jan 09, 2014
Roasted at Suya junction?

What a coincidence ...

RIP to the dead ...
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by Aliyubest(m): 9:25am On Jan 09, 2014
Wow, gord is really wonderful. 3hours to dat accident i was in dat sterling bank to withdraw and thereafter boarded a bus loadin in front of the bank. . RIP to the suya guyz, i ll miss ur grilled chicken.
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by ecolime(m): 9:25am On Jan 09, 2014
Revolva: can u imagine i post this in the right section yesterday a it never made the front page an someone else just post this in the wrong page ...business section it made the front page...nairaland
Bros, you get mind oo. Dem talk say people die horrible death and na making front page you dey worried about.

1 Like

Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by Revolva(m): 9:26am On Jan 09, 2014
Konjour: RIP to the dead. Without insinuating that that is the case in this situation, when folks see a products tanker heading for a tumble, all they should attempt to do is to flee as fast as possible away from the vicinity of such. No one should attempt making a fast buck by running over to scoop oil into buckets, jerrycans etc. You can only sell the scooped material for money though if you're alive. I've never seen a ghost selling fuel on the 'Black market'.

no one was scoopig fuel ok..it fell off into an aboki suya front unexpected an Boom..na so we see am
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by Princessderaa(f): 9:26am On Jan 09, 2014
Omg so sad.R.I.P 2 dead.wat a sad way 2 start de new yr@de owners of de damaged properties.chai
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 09, 2014
I think it's 15people, and @Op please correct the topic asap it's nt funny. Dat ure alive, U shud be thankful 2 God... Most of the dead didn't c it coming, I think some even got burnt sleeping cuz I heard a house got burnt too. And to think I was on d road 4hours straight and I arrived safely! Lord I thank you o!!!
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by Okijajuju1(m): 9:27am On Jan 09, 2014
Konjour: RIP to the dead. Without insinuating that that is the case in this circumstance, when folks see a products tanker heading for a tumble, all they should attempt to do is to flee as fast as possible away from the vicinity of such. No one should attempt making a fast buck by running over to scoop oil into buckets, jerrycans etc. You can only sell the scooped material for money though if you're alive. I've never seen a ghost selling fuel on the 'Black market'.

Nobody was scooping the product according to what I heard from a witness.

The Fire was started from the flames of the Suya Vendors when the fuel flowed from the tanker towards their direction.

Many Nigerians need to learn to be sharp. I remember one time in Port Harcourt when A Diesel Tanker had a Problem on the hilly part of Garrison junction (decending towards waterlines..) and was spilling Diesel all over the road. Immediately I spotted it, I braked, drove over the road divider into the other lane and quickly exited that area. Sadly, the accident that the diesel caused on that road was amazing and the road became very slippery.. Cars were skidding out of control, smashing into the concrete dividers and into each other..

Accidents Happen!! People Die..

R.I.P to the dead.. Stay Alive to the living..

1 Like

Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:28am On Jan 09, 2014
suya tinz. . sad
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 09, 2014
I live not too far from that area and they are more than 10people that died,RIP TO the Dead.
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by juman(m): 9:34am On Jan 09, 2014
Terrible.
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 09, 2014
whenever am in lagos i don't feel comfortable, traffic jam, overcrowded, terrible environments, adulterated sachet & bottle water, unpleasant hotel showers, etc. truth be said.
R.I.P to the dead.

1 Like

Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by Gabreal1(m): 9:35am On Jan 09, 2014
Mzsolex: I think it's 15people, and @Op please correct the topic asap it's nt funny. Dat ure alive, U shud be thankful 2 God... Most of the dead didn't c it coming, I think some even got burnt sleeping cuz I heard a house got burnt too. And to think I was on d road 4hours straight and I arrived safely! Lord I thank you o!!!
Op said 10 people, tribune & guardian said 12 & 52 respectively. Was there more dan one incident? .......The figures aren't close at all!
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by homeboy205: 9:37am On Jan 09, 2014
ALL INFLAMMABLE AND POISONOUS GASES SHOULD BE TRANSPORT THROUGH RAIL WAY......

CLICK LIKE IF YOU AGREE!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by crazygod(m): 9:40am On Jan 09, 2014
RIP to the dead. For those clamouring for rail transport in moving fuel products, I think it can be used only inter-state. The total station on my street no get rail tracks leading there. Best solution, let tankers move their products from twelve in the night and the drivers should be patient. Na jst one person cause all this kasala. May we not encounter someone that will put us in unnecessary trouble (alakoba) in Jesus Name.

1 Like

Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by surplusspending(m): 9:42am On Jan 09, 2014
eyaa...RIP
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by Petraman(m): 9:45am On Jan 09, 2014
RIP to these people
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by Okijajuju1(m): 9:51am On Jan 09, 2014
Mzsolex: I think it's 15people, and @Op please correct the topic asap it's nt funny. Dat ure alive, U shud be thankful 2 God... Most of the dead didn't c it coming, I think some even got burnt sleeping cuz I heard a house got burnt too. And to think I was on d road 4hours straight and I arrived safely! Lord I thank you o!!!

Are you thanking God that he allowed other People die?!
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by Revolva(m): 10:03am On Jan 09, 2014
Gab-real:
Op said 10 people, tribune & guardian said 12 & 52 respectively. Was there more dan one incident? .......The figures aren't close at all!

this is in my area..look its up to 50..cos there were people in those 3 commercial vehicle waiting to move to their destination...n even two policemen on the check point....aboki suya seller..a woman fruit seller..n her kid.....baba ijebu kiosk .players...i went to see there live..no be say them tell me.....i posted it here on NL first but never saw it on Front page

2 Likes

Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by KwoiZabo(m): 10:05am On Jan 09, 2014
I hope this will make the authorities pay more attention to Apapa, we are really suffering here from Incessant parking of trailers, tankers and containers, excess gridlock and rough driving by this tankers and containers. May the Soul of the departed RIP and may God give the mourners fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by Debola69(m): 10:11am On Jan 09, 2014
nekaa: Jesu! Roasted isnt a nice word to use for pple that most definitely went through alot of pain before they died...

Mehn, i totally agree. 'Roasted' being used in this tragical context sounds quite disrespectful to the deceased (RIP).

I guess the OP got carried away with the facts that the unfortunate accident occured at 'Berger, SUYA Junction, Apapa and that two SUYA Vendors were involved. The OP must have been thinking of all the lost Cow 'Nama' and human 'Barbecue'.

lipsrsealed
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by PopeXanderVII: 10:12am On Jan 09, 2014
"Roasted"? ! How insensitive!

May the Victims rest in peace.
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 09, 2014
Aliyubest: Wow, gord is really wonderful. RIP to the suya guyz, i ll miss ur grilled chicken.
I definitely won't be wrong if I call u a F00l. People just got burnt and all u could write was this crap? Ode!!
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by ARIORILANRE: 10:23am On Jan 09, 2014
May their soul rest in perfect peace
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by Caracta(f): 10:26am On Jan 09, 2014
Roasted? Like seriously! This isn't fair cry cry
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by gothrones(m): 10:41am On Jan 09, 2014
Aliyubest: Wow, gord is really wonderful. 3hours to dat accident i was in dat sterling bank to withdraw and thereafter boarded a bus loadin in front of the bank. . RIP to the suya guyz, i ll miss ur grilled chicken.

My brother, how is God wonderful?
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by Birdmanjnr(m): 10:59am On Jan 09, 2014
sometimes when i see all these happenings around, i jst pause and ask myself, does all our life struggle really worth it? On the quest to make ends meet, some just died. God help us. RIP to the dead.

1 Like

Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by okeyfineboy(m): 10:59am On Jan 09, 2014
It was really hell, was present right there, but I guess something is wrong somewhere, this issue of fire outbreak stated from last year November, starting from November to December more than 7 buildings have been consumed with fire and now it has already started again this year, may God help us, I own a 3 storey building within that area...
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by RexioKlasik(m): 11:10am On Jan 09, 2014
RIP to d dead.....

Roasted is way too extreme...dem b meat?
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 09, 2014
Okija_juju:

Are you thanking God that he allowed other People die?!
STFU! this ain't about God or no God issue... I know d reason bhind my post, so swerve abeg ain't got d tym.
Re: 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire by Gabassin: 11:48am On Jan 09, 2014
ecolime: So painful. RIP to the lost souls. May the lives of we and our families not be cut short this 2014 in Jesus name, Amen.
Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Work From Home Online Jobs In Nigeria / Court Shuts Osun Polaris Bank Branches As Customers Lament / Grasshopper Business In Nigeria: Unconventional Yet Promising Venture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.