Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused (41784 Views)

#FreeEse:Emir Sanusi Denies Malicious Lies That Said He Refused To Help #freeese / See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result / Emir Sanusi To Electorate: Don’t Vote For Persecutors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by ACM10: 12:39pm On Jan 09, 2014
trillville:
Stop sounding like an illiterate. The CBN Governor like every other central bank governor on earth is completely independent from the executive so the executive has no power whatsoever to remove the Governor. This is the same as with the INEC Chairman. The president can only nominate people into these positions, the senate has full control over who gets appointed and who gets removed.

Are you telling us that OBAMA does not have the power to sack BEN BERNANKE? You have broken the unenviable record of cluelessness.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by justhelp(m): 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2014
ba7man: If he doesn't have the balls to remove Stella Oduah, he doesn't have the balls to remove Sanusi Lamido.

By the way, WHY DOES EVERYONE DISRESPECT G.E.J
because his a womanizer and a drunker
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by HARDUBUY(m): 12:48pm On Jan 09, 2014
ba7man: If he doesn't have the balls to remove Stella Oduah, he doesn't have the balls to remove Sanusi Lamido.

By the way, WHY DOES EVERYONE DISRESPECT G.E.J
ANS::::: GEJ has simply FAILED and DISAPPOINTED Nigerians by condoning high level of corruption and impunity. Moreso, what dividends of democracy have you benefited in his ill-fated administration?
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by idontaya: 12:52pm On Jan 09, 2014
GEJ can sack Sanusi but Stella Oduah must resign!
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by emmasege: 12:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
I'm not a fan of sanusi, but on this one i support him 101%. OBJ could have gotten the letter with or without sanusi's involvement. He's not sacked oduah, in the name of due process and being thorough/investigative when it's obvious to everyone that she's defied financial appropriation act by approving a sum of money beyond her ministerial power on which ground alone she is supposed to be prosecuted, not to talk of other shady deals in the procurement saga.
And by the way, I can't think of anyone declining to resign on presidential order in OBJ's era. It's only a weakling of a president that Sanusi could have told that.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by stevecantrell: 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2014
ACM10:

Are you telling us that OBAMA does not have the power to sack BEN BERNANKE? You have broken the unenviable record of cluelessness.

Thank you Bro,
Its like saying HM QE II has no power to sack the gov. Bank of England. Its ludicrous ! Would parliament stand in her way even if they wanted to. No way.

We only remember the intricacies of a properly functioning democracy when it suits us. Since when was Nigeria ever a functioning democracy?? If GEJ wants him gone he is gone !

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by texazzpete(m): 1:00pm On Jan 09, 2014
mikeansy: Sanusi has no integrity whatsoever

he is like every other Nigerian in public officer

very corrupt and no morals

Ah, that I have lingered on Nairaland long enough to witness mikeansy turn into a shameless sycophantic bootlicker!

How are the mighty fallen! shocked

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by mayo47(m): 1:00pm On Jan 09, 2014
Billyonaire: This Polymer CBN Governor should just leave. He has achieved little other than radical chit-chats.

It's rather sad people make comments without thinking, what do u mean by polymer CBN gov? Well he wasn't the one that introduced the polymer notes it was soludo. For ur info the British pounds from next year comes in polymer notes.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 09, 2014
texazzpete:

Ah, that I have lingered on Nairaland long enough to witness mikeansy turn into a shameless sycophantic bootlicker!

Indeed.....I never believe a day will come to see mikeansy acting this way.

Sometimes...I feel his account has been hijacked....this is not the same guy of three or four years ago.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by mayo47(m): 1:03pm On Jan 09, 2014
justhelp: because his a womanizer and a drunker

Did he snatch ur GF or do u both share the same beer parlour! Mscheww
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 09, 2014
Moji12: I think Gej is d most hated President we eva had,despite his humility. I bet Abacha was not even despised dis much. Na wa oooo lipsrsealed

Unfortunately for GEJ......the social media awareness in Nigeria is at the peak.

With less than 10k...you can get an internet enabled phone to access and disseminate information.

The President is not even helping matter with his disposition towards acts of impunity and other official malfeasance going on in his administration

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by texazzpete(m): 1:06pm On Jan 09, 2014
ilugunboy:

Indeed.....I never believe a day will come to see mikeansy acting this way.

Sometimes...I feel his account has been hijacked....this is not the same guy of three or four years ago.

My brother, Money is such a powerful tool indeed. A contract here, some brown envelopes there...and the once upright man is turned into a lapdog.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by andyanders: 1:07pm On Jan 09, 2014
luvinhubby: When it`s obvious that Sanusi is an incompetent liar. Time has revealed that his `so called` bank reforms was a big sham.
The fact that he was dancing around figures (from 48 to 12) on the `missing` amount shows he is an incompetent CBN governor.
The report of the auditors on the issue has proven him wrong so he should do the needful cheesy and resign.

This CBN governor has done more harm than good with most of his policies as he sees himself as the only intelligent economist Nigeria EVER had and that is wrong as nobody has monopoly of knowledge.
Coming on media to be giving contradicting figures goes to show that he has a hidden agenda with the letter he wrote to the president and copied to OBJ
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by mayo47(m): 1:08pm On Jan 09, 2014
ACM10:

Nigeria isn't America we are a sovereign state, we have our constitution they have theirs. I really don't get why we compare ourselves with the US. They have a system dere we don't, anything goes here so bad.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 09, 2014
Billyonaire: This Polymer CBN Governor should just leave. He has achieved little other than radical chit-chats.

Good comment from an FTC poster.

The fire-brigade opportunistic noise-making governor should quit on a high note with the launch of a N10,000 polymer cashless banking note...
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by texazzpete(m): 1:12pm On Jan 09, 2014
mercy3103: It is just too late for GEJ to know that the man in CBN is just but a clear destroyer of the Nigerian economy! Who tells you that all the reforms he has been doing were not to serve a particular interest? How sure are we that all those allegations he made against those five banks were actually genuine? Is the CBN governor not a a reckless talkative who instead of being a technocrat obviously turn to be a loose talkative? To me, this is not an ideal Central Bank governor anywhere in the world. Was it the same way the western world handled their banking crisis that Sanusi handled that of Nigeria by destroying the very flourishing banking industry left by Charles Soludo. No wonder he(Sanusi) bluntly said he was not going for the Second term, since he knew he had carried out all the agenda given to him by his cohort. Sanusi has clearly done much damage to the economy of Nigeria. It's a pity!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

So the banks left by Soludo were 'flourishing' yet many went on to declare losses for quarter after quarter, sack thousands of staff to remain profitable and write off hundreds of billions of Naira loans?
The same Soludo that was hobnobbing with bankers that were soon to face criminal prosecution and were exposed as thieves? So the evidence used to convict Cecilia ibru and indict 'Pastor' Erastus Akingbola was false?

The same Soludo under whose watch the Naira fell from N118 to a dollar to around N147? Or the same Soludo that spent billions on a switch to Polymer notes that any decent research could have told him that they have a penchant to wear when old?

The only thing damaged here is your brain. A well placed slap from me can cure you if you desire to be saved.

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 09, 2014
luvinhubby: When it`s obvious that Sanusi is an incompetent liar. Time has revealed that his `so called` bank reforms was a big sham.
The fact that he was dancing around figures (from 48 to 12) on the `missing` amount shows he is an incompetent CBN governor.
The report of the auditors on the issue has proven him wrong so he should do the needful cheesy and resign.

He thrives on blowing things out of proportion, a tool he utilized spuriously to sack people better than himself from being bank CEO's.

Imagine a sanusi sacking a Jim Ovia or Elumelu. I have always mentioned in my comments that sanusi will never leave CBN honourably. Let's watch..
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by texazzpete(m): 1:17pm On Jan 09, 2014
andyanders:

This CBN governor has done more harm than good with most of his policies as he sees himself as the only intelligent economist Nigeria EVER had and that is wrong as nobody has monopoly of knowledge.
Coming on media to be giving contradicting figures goes to show that he has a hidden agenda with the letter he wrote to the president and copied to OBJ

1. Sanusi's letter to the President was written MONTHS before OBJ's letter. Sanusi NEVER went to the media with it.

2. There remains no evidence that GEJ ever acted on the letter

3. The fact that you gloss over the missing $10bn that NNPC and the Finance Minister accepted says a lot about you.

The only person here with an agenda is yourself. Coming here to lie and spread misinformation about a man who has won far more awards on merit than GEJ can ever dream of.
I'm sure Sanusi puzzles people like you who are easily bought. He is not interested in politics, not interested in sparing corruption, not interested in hiding theft, not interested in a second term. He will not be cowed.

Sanusi is to be admired. Lapdogs like you that have tried to tar him with the feathers of 'Islamist', 'womanizer' and now 'whistleblower' are to be treated with derision and regarded as scum.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by ckkris: 1:17pm On Jan 09, 2014
texazzpete:

This Foul language tells more of you the writer than your object.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by trappatoni(m): 1:19pm On Jan 09, 2014
Attack dogs and bootlickers should please let us be. We need to discuss real issues here. Did you say ten point eight billion dollars, ha Mother Nigeria you have slept oo! [/b]This is not about ethnicity or politics but i say this [b]WOE UNTO THOSE TRYING TO BRING THIS COUNTRY DOWN,WHOEVER THEY ARE AND WHEREVER THEY ARE HIDING.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 09, 2014
~Bluetooth:

Nigeria's wealth belongs to all Nigerians not the Yorubas, the hausas, the ibos nor the IJAWS !

Are you serious? But i heard the Ibos will never produce a leader.

A president is a president. Sanusi is being disrespectful. It doesnt pay in the end. You might see the senate sympathizing with the the president's office under one week and sanusi dancing unclad in the market square...
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
texazzpete:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

So the banks left by Soludo were 'flourishing' yet many went on to declare losses for quarter after quarter, sack thousands of staff to remain profitable and write off hundreds of billions of Naira loans?
The same Soludo that was hobnobbing with bankers that were soon to face criminal prosecution and were exposed as thieves? So the evidence used to convict Cecilia ibru and indict 'Pastor' Erastus Akingbola was false?

The same Soludo under whose watch the Naira fell from N118 to a dollar to around N147? Or the same Soludo that spent billions on a switch to Polymer notes that any decent research could have told him that they have a penchant to wear when old?

The only thing damaged here is your brain. A well placed slap from me can cure you if you desire to be saved.

I tell ya.....many people here deserve that heavy sounding e-slap. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by madnigerian: 1:26pm On Jan 09, 2014

And the above quote, ladies and gentlemen , sums up why Nigeria is an underdeveloped country.

Any critic of Government is automatically a traitor.

We saw this when the North was in power, and we are seeing this when the South is in power.

All because Nigerians really don't want to fight corruption.

If Sanusi had covered up for the Government....he would have been hailed as a hero.

He does the right thing....he is an evil person.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Funpeter: 1:27pm On Jan 09, 2014
mikeansy: And by the way, while the CBN Governor has a term limit not to be altered by the President, they do not have immunity from prosecution.

If the Presidency has evidence of corruption against Sanusi, they should send EFCC after him now! Let him answer the allegations against him, at that point am sure he will have to make a decision to be either sent to jail while in office or resign!
You mean EFCC with no records of arrest since Oga Jonah ascend the throne or the one with no FUND or the Ribadu own? Which one are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by madnigerian: 1:28pm On Jan 09, 2014
okpara ugo:

Are you serious? But i heard the Ibos will never produce a leader.

A president is a president. Sanusi is being disrespectful. It doesnt pay in the end. You might see the senate sympathizing with the the president's office under one week and sanusi dancing unclad in the market square...

Great. So telling the truth in this country is a sign of disrespect.

And after, you will be complaining that your village has no light, no water.

Stop excusing corruption please.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 09, 2014
NosoChic: If indeed this report is true, GEJ is welding GROSS ENMITY against himself.

So it wasn't 49bn USD but was 10bn USD, that is still a lot of money.........so the man that called his attention to it is the one to resign abi.

Public servants first owe a duty to their nation........doing the presidents bidding is secondary to whatever is in the interest of Nigeria.

I really need to know who GEJ receives advice from.........they make it seem like we have many dull heads in Aso Rock. angry

Sanusi is not being punished for being patriotic but for breaching his oath of secrecy.

Understand it. Government and many businesses thrive on secrecy..
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by mercy3103: 1:30pm On Jan 09, 2014
texazzpete:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Can you see how immature and reckless you are in talking( just like your so called reckless Sanusi) - it seems both of you have the same genes. People like you can never do anything other than abusing and destroying what is flourishing. It's better you mind your utterings!!!
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by sleek29(m): 1:32pm On Jan 09, 2014
Jonathan definitely aint running this country

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Btruth: 1:34pm On Jan 09, 2014

Can you imagine your biased judgment. I should think someone like you will do better. Anyway, I'm not surprised at your comment. People like you don't know the meaning of taking Nigeria forward.

Idiota!
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 09, 2014
Abagworo:

Nigerians are ready now but the issue is that Jonathan is feeling bad that it is during his time that the masses have increased awareness and interest. Contrary to what you and some others believe, it is neither APC nor Jonathan's fault but technology. The level of political and current affairs awareness in Nigeria has skyrocketed as a result of social media and Jonathan is paying the price of that just like those Policemen caught on camera collecting bribe.

The disadvantages of cheap tecno phones...
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 09, 2014
Btruth:

Can you imagine your biased judgment. I should think someone like you will do better. Anyway, I'm not surprised at your comment. People like you don't know the meaning of taking Nigeria forward.

Idiota!

A central Bank governor that is not vested with statistics and inner working of the revenue generation of the government, is not qualified to be my personal accountant. Sanusi studied Islamic Religion most of his adult life and had no reason to head a central bank. He is a marxist like me, but truth is, he is supposed to lead political parties not even a central bank of burundi
Sanusi should just leave.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by ZACHIE: 1:39pm On Jan 09, 2014
Nigeria is overdue for a proper President

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerians Will Pelt Jonathan With Stones If…- Oshiomhole / Kwankwaso Climbs Ladder To Inspect A Flyover Project: Pic / "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.