Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,702 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. (4772 Views)

Best Books You've Read This Year? / Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? / Mary Higgins Clark: Books You've Read & What You Think (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by hotangel2(f): 9:40pm On Jun 21, 2006
Hey guys, Novel freaks, Book warmers, Reada-holics, whatever you call yourself. If you know you love reading books. Mostly novels, GET UR ASS IN HERE!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

I made this thread so that we can all talk about books we've read, and probably recommend some books for others to read.Yeah there are threads asking, what books you r reading, explain your love for books and so on. But this one is for you to TALK about the books you've read with People.

Share lines from books, What the book did to/for you, and so much more. This will be like a review page. Ya dig??

Come on guys, BRING it ON!!!! smiley

Seeing that we have so many people who claimed that their love for novels had gotten them into alot, I espect this thread to be ehmmm, U know waaaaah mean!!
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by hotangel2(f): 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2006
Okay, so being that i started this thread, I've decided to start so that y'all will get what i mean.

"Another woman" by Eric Jerome Dickey.

Now tell me, is Eric awesome or what? I just got into his world by reading "another woman". I couldn't wait after reading that book to get "Drive me crazy" By him.

Another woman was good, meaningful and damn it's all that and some more!! Everyone should read it, Guys included!! See ehn, im not exergerating. That book is awesome.

Now lets talk about ZANE.

That woman is va-va-va Voom the boom! I read "shame on it all" by her, and now, i can't stop saying "shame on it all". lol
Maybe i'll discuss more about this when i find someone who's read the book. I can't talk about it, if no one's read it. Y'all should read it. For real tho!!

Mary B morrison
is good too, I'm reading "he's justa friend by her", and apparently i can't wait to finish it, I can't WAIT, because i want to see the end. The book is all that and a bag of chips!

I also want to finish reading it, because I just got NERVOUS by ZANE! I've heard a lot about that book. I mean, , my friends can't STOP TALKING ABT IT! It'd better be good. I trust Zane tho, after reading Shame on it all, I espect "nervous" to be awesome.

So guys? Anyone know these people im talking about? read their books etc? Let's discuss people!!!!
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by bayo1(m): 9:55pm On Jun 21, 2006
Who has read the book titled - The Basket of Flower?
I read the book so long time ago and i think it was written so long time ago too.
I can't remember most of the story line now but i could remember that when read it, i came to a point when i started shedding tears.
Please let me know if you've read this book. I can't even remember the author.
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by damygurl(f): 10:11pm On Jun 21, 2006
I'm not a novel freak i just read in my sleep. there is notin wrong with that.

Tell me why? ----->Stella Cameron
Almost two years ago, Carolee Burns was an international star playing jazz on a piano as few have ever done. The divorce from her painter-husband Kip would have been painful by itself. However, Kip used Carolee's touring while he stayed home with their child to gain custody of Faith. Kip never bothered to explain that it was Carolee's successes that allowed him studios in their home and that the nanny spent time with Faith not him.
Devastated and unable to play, Carolee rarely ventures in public anymore except for occasionally performing at a small club in the Seattle suburbs. Former pro football player Max Wolfe watches Carolee when she performs and sees in her face and her playing the pain of someone terribly hurt. He wants to help her overcome her anguish, but even as they fall in love, Carolee cannot afford anything to interfere
with her goal: regaining custody of Faith.
Kip kidnaped faith because he's been stealing money from the Trust fund Carolee had for her daughter.
Newayz Kip was arrested and carolee got custody and she lived happily ever after with Max.

i've read Shame on it all,nervous, addicted, skyscraper, Heat seekers, Blackgentlemen.com & Afterburn and i love emm all!!
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by damygurl(f): 10:15pm On Jun 21, 2006
is the author Lilian Gask?

here is an excerpt for the one i know

"The Count, his master, was a just and kindly man, and fully appreciated his services. As time went on, and a little daughter was born to John and his wife, they felt they had nothing more to ask of Heaven, and the child grew up in an atmosphere of love and sunshine until she was five years old. Then trouble came to the straw-thatched cottage, and the young mother was called away. John and his little Marie were left alone, and for many a day to come the songs of the birds sounded sad to them instead of sweet"
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by bayo1(m): 11:03pm On Jun 21, 2006
Yes Damygurl,

Thanks Damygurl, exactly the book i was trying all these year to get and read again. Do you have a copy of this book?
I will appreciate if you can tell me how to get it. smiley
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by damygurl(f): 11:18pm On Jun 21, 2006
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by bayo1(m): 11:35pm On Jun 21, 2006
Damygurl, you are a darling, i appreciate your help. God bless you. smiley
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by damygurl(f): 11:37pm On Jun 21, 2006
Amen and you too!!
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by hotangel2(f): 1:48am On Jun 22, 2006
Damy, for real? U've read all of ZANE's book?? Mehn, im lacking behind.

That woman is good tho. I mean seriously! Just started reading Nervous. I should continue now, if i wanna start jerome dickey's "milk in my coffee" tomoro.
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by damygurl(f): 4:57am On Jun 22, 2006
yea one of my best pal heard about it then we saw this teacher reading it so we asked her if we could see it. she was a lil reluctant but she finally gave it to us. my girl and i glanced through and we became hooked. we just had to read them all. i still got some i gotta read.

Breaking the cycle
chocolate Flava
The Sisters of APF: The Indoctrination of Soror Ride Dick
The Sex Chronicles: Shattering the Myth
Getting Buck Wild: Sex Chronicles 2
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by hotangel2(f): 10:26pm On Jun 22, 2006
I wanna read the sex chronicles. She said something abt it in "shame on it all". I can tell it'll be a goddamn good book,.
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by SvS(f): 11:42pm On Jun 22, 2006
reading is my passion
the lst book i read is to kill a mocking bird,by harper lee
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by damygurl(f): 6:37pm On Jun 23, 2006
Yup. it's real kool. i read half the page already and i loved it.
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by hotangel2(f): 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2006
I have read enough intrestings books. Damn,

Well i will say y'all should get your hands on anything by Carl weber, and Brenda Jackson as fast you can.
Them authors are all that and then some.
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by mukina2: 8:07pm On Dec 02, 2006
i love reading books by

Dan Brown
James Patterson
John Grisham
Walter Dean
Jackie Collins
Danielle Steele
Penny Jordan

a lot more . . . .i read a lot . .
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by hotangel2(f): 8:08pm On Dec 02, 2006
mukina, i will persuade you to read something by brenda jackson. wink
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by mukina2: 8:13pm On Dec 02, 2006
hot-angek what does she write about?
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by hotangel2(f): 8:19pm On Dec 02, 2006
She writes about Passion that is HOT, desire that is never ending.

I would rank her to be a romantic novel writer.
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by mukina2: 8:25pm On Dec 02, 2006
hot-angel:

She writes about Passion that is HOT, desire that is never ending.

wow . . . . temptin as it sounds . . . . i'll try to get something by her . .but i normally prefer court room drama wink .i only read romantic novels when am down and feeling human cheesy
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by african(f): 8:39pm On Dec 02, 2006
i love reading books by haper lee-to kill a mocking bird,Bernhard Schlink-the reader,alice walker-colour purple and maria blackman-noughts and crosses triolgy(checkmate ) cool
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by gbadex1(m): 10:24pm On Dec 02, 2006
@ all's been said,

Jesus, what kind of books are you girls reading?!!

Y'all better get yourselves some Stephen King or Clive Barker.

And if y'all want all that yukky yo-yo passionate feministic BS, i recommend Danielle Steel or Nora Roberts. They are one few female writers i believe write maturedly and i have respect for. . .

And oh, for historical novels, you can try out Robert Shea or James Clavell. Both of 'em wrote books rich in the Japanese history and culture. Though i prefer Robert Shea's Time of the Dragons by far!
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by Tmoni(m): 5:08pm On Dec 03, 2006
is there anybody in ESPONAGE here

Tom Clancy (sure y'll have seen some of his books as movies) sum of all fears, clear and present danger, etc to name a few

Frederick Forsyth ( i have read all his books), devils advocate, fourth protocol, day of the jackal etc

Robert Ludlum , bourne series, matarese series, omaha declaration, etc

this are my three all time writers
i have some hangers on, John Grisham, Jeffery Archer, Sidney Sheldon and i DO NOT DO HORROR
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by IBEXY(m): 9:53pm On Dec 03, 2006

Who has read the book titled - The Basket of Flower?
I read the book so long time ago and i think it was written so long time ago too.
I can't remember most of the story line now but i could remember that when read it, i came to a point when i started shedding tears.
Please let me know if you've read this book. I can't even remember the author.

Damn shocked

I am a bloke but I cried when I read that book.
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by newera(f): 10:11pm On Dec 03, 2006
IBEXY:

Damn shocked

I am a bloke but I cried when I read that book.

I read the book in secondary school. I can't even remember the full story but I remember i cried too when i read it.
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by mukina2: 12:16pm On Dec 04, 2006

i have some hangers on, John Grisham, Jeffery Archer, Sidney Sheldon

wats horrific bout their books?
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by hamas(m): 12:43pm On Dec 04, 2006
i like frederick forsyth, with many great fiction writers dying , im so happy hes still alive. i even remember him in my prayers. the guy is good.
i like ken follet, someone should pls get his''a dangerous fortunes"'
how about getting a book, reading it and then discovering u just creaned ur pants.
i like clive barker's Gallilee too.
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by BernieBoy(m): 1:38pm On Dec 04, 2006
how about James Hardley Chase. The man is such a good writer.

check out this topic
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-9653.0.html
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by uchetobi(f): 2:04pm On Dec 04, 2006
Judith Krantz
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by gwatala(m): 6:03pm On Dec 04, 2006
The Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler.

Go read it y'all.
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by Tmoni(m): 12:07am On Dec 05, 2006
i dont do horror means i do not read horror books,not the writers
are we on the same pedestal
Re: Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. by osegwu(m): 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2006
The besst among the bests are:
TOM CLANCY
FEDERICK FORSYTH
JEFFERY  ARCHER
ROBERT LUDLUM

You can't get anything better than these

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Time Traveller's Secret by Tiffany J / The Abortion / FULL MOON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.