Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? (15010 Views)

Best Books You've Read This Year? / Chinua Achebe Publishes Biafran Memoir / Best African Author: Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achebe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by tomietush(m): 11:43am On Mar 22, 2013
There are so many books by the late icon, as for me, I read things fall apart, arrow of god,no longer at ease, anthill of the savannah, and many more,
In honor of the late icon, name his books that u have read

1 Like

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by lecturerdabo(m): 12:22pm On Mar 22, 2013
tomietush: There are so many books by the late icon, as for me, I read things fall apart, arrow of god,no longer at ease, anthill of the savannah, and many more,
In honor of the late icon, name his books that u have read

Things Fall Apart
No Longer at Ease
Arrow of God
Anthill of The Savannah
Chike and the River
Beware Soul Brother
and my favourite A Man of The People

RIP! My Hero.

11 Likes

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Kilode1: 1:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
Iirc, i think verything except Soul Brother and his memoir...

I read his critique of Conrad as a teen and it opened my eyes and mind to how words and stereotypes influence perception.

So sad. sad

1 Like

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things Fall Apart...

RIP Chinua Achebe!!

1 Like

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by iamswizz(m): 5:18pm On Mar 22, 2013
i cant lie..... i havent read any

7 Likes

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by momodub: 5:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things Fall Apart
No Longer at Ease
Arrow of God
Chike and the River.
i ve read all the above all nice novels.
those days we read die no be now when multimedia don spoil everything Blackberry babes

3 Likes

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
Thingsfallapart na ni.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 22, 2013
I have read all his books, essays and interviews. The best is his criticism of Conrad's Heart of Darkness. He tore the book to shreds.
That work alone explained among other things why he was denied a Nobel Prize.

7 Likes

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by oddy4real(m): 5:25pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things Fall Apart
No Longer at Ease
A man of the people
Anthills of the Savannah
Chike and the River
The Problem with Nigeria
Arrow of God
There was a country.

The best for me has to be THINGS FOR APART and it is timeless

5 Likes

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by cyril83(m): 5:25pm On Mar 22, 2013
I've read Akrika and koto orun. Abi what are we discussing here?

2 Likes

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by mysticgal(f): 5:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
chike and the river,anthils of d savanah,no longer at ease,arow of d gods,poems,but things fall apart remains my best.

1 Like

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by mike404(m): 5:36pm On Mar 22, 2013
"THERE WAS A COUNTRY"
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Maxymilliano(m): 5:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
Not really a literati but found it incumbent way back to peruse great works from creatve minds like Chinua Achebe...

Things fall apart...

No longer at ease...

Man of the people...

Morning yet on creation day

Pray His Creative mind lives on...

Achebe was indeed an Iroko, irrespective of what some folks may/might feel...

1 Like

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by alabig(m): 5:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
Anthills of the savanah, man of the people, no longer at ease.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by luvinhubby(m): 5:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
Read things fall apart
Arrow of god
Chike & the river.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Mynd44: 5:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
None. But I saw some episodes of Things fall Apart on the old NTA. I found that boring as hell
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Danice253: 5:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
There was a country
Thingsa fall apart
Chike and the river
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by kiiababs: 5:53pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things fall apart, the Arrow of God, Antihills of d Savannah n Chike and the River
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 22, 2013
The first book of his i read was #Things fall Apart#. Loved the book a great deal as it thought me few things about Igbo culture which i wasn't opportuned to learn,giving the fact that i was born and brought up in the North. The book propelled me further to #Arrow of God# and #No longer @ Ease#. Chike and the river was also a timeless masterpiece. But his book i never get tired of reading over and over again is #Arrow of God#. I dont need to ask you to rest in peace, cos i know you're already in Heaven. My regards to the #ANGELS

4 Likes

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by yorke1: 5:53pm On Mar 22, 2013
Arrow of God and things fall apart.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by lilo2hot(m): 5:57pm On Mar 22, 2013
Joys of motherhood my favourite
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 22, 2013
Mynd_44: None. But I saw some episodes of Things fall Apart on the old NTA. I found that boring as hell

And you are a mod for the literature/writing section.

6 Likes

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Bolt2011(m): 6:03pm On Mar 22, 2013
The thread is not moving since its about books. Only one page since!!!
SMH for this generation. Now I agree we have lost our reading culture

I read 'Things fall apart', 'Arrow of God' and'Chike and the River'. Hope to read 'There was a country' soon

'May God help us all', according to Greatgod2012.

1 Like

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by zumarock8(m): 6:04pm On Mar 22, 2013
things fall apart
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Parnassuss(m): 6:07pm On Mar 22, 2013
INNO18: The first book of his i read was #Things fall Apart#. Loved the book a great deal as it thought me few things about Igbo culture which i wasn't opportuned to learn,giving the fact that i was born and brought up in the North. The book propelled me further to #Arrow of God# and #No longer @ Ease#. Chike and the river was also a timeless masterpiece. But his book i never get tired of reading over and over again is #Arrow of God#. I dont need to ask you to rest in peace, cos i know you're already in Heaven. My regards to the #ANGELS

My bro you share my soul. 'Arrows of God' is the kind of work I pray to be able to create at least once in my life, then I can die and know I contributed to humanity. But I am so sad, this is not fair, for Achebe to go and leave such demons still alive...God...well you know best.

1 Like

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Mynd44: 6:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
phoinix:

And you are a mod for the literature/writing section.
And your point is?
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by chegson: 6:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
I read Things Fall Apart several times
No Longer At Ease
Arrow of God
Man of the people

Things Fall Apart realy had impact in my life while I was growing up as a young man.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by MrEverest(m): 6:11pm On Mar 22, 2013
lilo2hot: Joys of motherhood my favourite
No he didn't write that, Buchi Emecheta did

1 Like

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things fall Apart
Arrow of God
Chike and the river
There was a Country.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by BukkyDan(f): 6:16pm On Mar 22, 2013
Double post
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Angel778(f): 6:17pm On Mar 22, 2013
Mynd_44: None. But I saw some episodes of Things fall Apart on the old NTA. I found that boring as hell
Its a very interesting book. you found it boring mayb u are not a good novel reader. R.I.P Chinua Achebe. u for sure left a good legacy behind.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Carinaflo(f): 6:17pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things fall apart, No Longer at Ease, A Man of the people, Arrow of God and Chike and the River. Chike and the River was the one i read first at a very tender age, i practically learnt how to read with chike and the river.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NADIA AND ETHAN (marriage Contract Gone Wrong) / Reading Habits You Shouldn’t Take Into The New Year / What's The Best Story You've Ever Read Here On Literature Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.