Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,815 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Asha : The Great - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Asha : The Great (1201 Views)

Asha Releases A New Album. " Bed of Stones" / Asha Vs 9ice / Addicted To Asha Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asha : The Great by oscarnuel(m): 11:44am On Aug 10, 2008
Asha had been a role model to me in terms of show casing african cultural heritage, talent and a super star on the Tv screen
Her style of music could not be compared with the likes of others in the same genre of music. just to imagine that a woman like her can think about philosophy of reflective manner, oh Asha is great thing to nigeria nad africans as a whole.
her hit tracks are played every moment in most of the hih rated radio stations in africa, she is a million worth musicial or what do you think my guyssssssss out there.

I love asha.
[b]
[/b]

Re: Asha : The Great by shilling(f): 11:35am On Aug 11, 2008
Love Asa too!
Re: Asha : The Great by wormedup(m): 12:36pm On Aug 11, 2008
whatever happened to the GUY called ASHA
Re: Asha : The Great by tundysho(m): 12:41pm On Aug 11, 2008
wormedup:

whatever happened to the GUY called ASHA

I think that guy should go and change his name from ASA cos i see it as adultrating the main ASA.That lady is too much

I love her music so much that all my colleages in the office knows.whenever they re playing her song they all begin to call my name

Am one of her big fan
Re: Asha : The Great by wormedup(m): 1:17pm On Aug 11, 2008
tundysho:

I think that guy should go and change his name from ASA because i see it as adultrating the main ASA.That lady is too much

I love her music so much that all my colleages in the office knows.whenever they re playing her song they all begin to call my name

Am one of her big fan

being that the Guy came out first, how come the lady couldn't find another name for herself ??
Re: Asha : The Great by dejiariyo: 4:08am On Aug 14, 2008
u must be a joker whats did he came out with?oh dammy oh dammy and u guys are eve mixing things up one is asha dont know whats its means the other is asa which means hawk. and mind u the asha came back to nigeria in 2005 with the dammy song but asa being singing with the name and she had that single on eko fm back then called iba.
Re: Asha : The Great by Dclique(m): 8:57am On Aug 14, 2008
Asa lyrics are simply off da hook, shes wonderful
Re: Asha : The Great by xJaysonx(m): 10:02pm On Aug 15, 2008
Lovely singer.
Re: Asha : The Great by Mustay(m): 11:03pm On Aug 15, 2008
The guy came out first- simple!
Re: Asha : The Great by xJaysonx(m): 1:17am On Aug 16, 2008
To Threadstarter.

Dude, it's Asa. Why are u typing "Asha".
Re: Asha : The Great by Mustay(m): 7:26am On Aug 16, 2008
That's the English translation.
Re: Asha : The Great by Mustay(m): 7:32am On Aug 16, 2008
Sorry, Transliteration
Re: Asha : The Great by buttkick: 4:59pm On Aug 19, 2008
Sorry my yoruba is not so good but is asa as in the hawk or as in tradition
Re: Asha : The Great by wormedup(m): 3:12pm On Aug 22, 2008
the title of ASA's album is ASHA !
surely, ASHA is in existence !

deji,

for u to remember the track, u probably liked it back then !
meanwhile, nobody's talking about what who came out with; point is just like MUSTAY stated already !

and, don't do another jump-off from here on. you might come back with comparisons.

i'm not comparing o !!! cool
Re: Asha : The Great by bodemoses0: 5:44am On Aug 25, 2008
Asa is Asa, She rules and no Asha ever existed aside her album which was titled "Asha", she's the greatest songstress Nigeria ever produced, who says Asa came from france, yes she came all the way from france but she hasnt been living in france for so long, she was once a student of Lagos State University before leaving to proceed on her school there in france, if you see her, ask her, she's fond of a saying "I'm a full breed black favored girl" Na so she dey talk am, she looks so simple but anyone close to her would know she's fun to be with cos she talk a lot, always wanna share her experience, she worked hard for her thing, now she's gotten it, I'm happy for her and thanks to all nigerians who loves and appreciate this girl, she's worth appreciating.
Re: Asha : The Great by Mustay(m): 10:39am On Aug 26, 2008
bodemoses0:

Asa is Asa, She rules and no Asha ever existed aside her album which was titled "Asha", she's the greatest songstress Nigeria ever produced, who says Asa came from france, yes she came all the way from france but she hasnt been living in france for so long, she was once a student of Lagos State University before leaving to proceed on her school there in france, if you see her, ask her,

Asa was born in Paris. Her early life in the City of Light left the little girl with only the vaguest of (happy) memories, since she was no more than two years old when her family returned to live in Nigeria. Paris was just one stage in the life of her courageous and hard-working parents. But her fate was tied up with the city : it was to Paris that Asa returned twenty years later and where her life as an artist took wing.

Asa grew up in Lagos, a city teeming with people and buzzing with energy but also home to a deep-rooted spirituality. Islam thrives shoulder to shoulder with Christianity in an atmosphere of tolerance, the young imitate America, and the turbulent city moves endlessly in an infernal and yet harmonious ballet of love and hate, laughter and violence, poverty and wealth.

“Lagos is the New York of Nigeria. If you want to get anywhere in music, that’s where you’ll find the best opportunities, as well as the worst pitfalls.”

Asa was the only girl in the family and had to share her parents, not often present, with three brothers. At a tender age she began to look after the house during her father and mother’s frequent absences. That is when Asa started to sing. The desire to sing came to her and didn’t go away, carving out a permanent place in her soul. So Asa sang her heart out. She preferred singing to talking, improvising endlessly — until her mother made her stop ! Over the years her father had built up a fine collection of records featuring soul classics and Nigerian music.

The little girl grew up to the sounds of artists including Marvin Gaye, Fela Kuti, Bob Marley, Aretha Franklin, Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obey and Lagbaja and went on to draw inspiration from them. Asa was a lonely child. The family, her brothers, Africa….and yet : she didn’t fit into the usual clichés and was often sad, feeling out of place in childhood, even more so in the world of adolescence. She was different, and music became an escape route as well as a daydream. Asa would sometimes go to the park with her bothers to sing and dance, but more often took refuge in an imaginary universe that was her’s alone. Decked out in a wig borrowed from the maternal treasure chest, a tube of cream serving as her mike, revelling in the freedom of no one watching her, she sang Michael Jackson and Bob Marley hits and greeted an imaginary crowd…

(1) (Reply)

Estelle Replies D'banj On Oliver Twist Remix / Mcrich – The Reason Ft. Mr. Drill (prod. Mr. Drill) / Where Is Jeremiah Giang?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.