Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,360 members, 7,954,471 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:46 PM

Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? (16359 Views)

Do Muslims from Northern Nigeria have native names? / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? / Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by babs787(m): 7:55pm On Aug 12, 2008
@Queenisha & Deepzone

when he is the judge himself? Shocked Shocked Shocked
sorry
I'm sure you were referring to the mohammedanic Jesus
since it's obvious your Jesus is not the same as mine.

Na wa o, deception at its peak? How could he judge when he couldnt save himself, he prayed more than twice begging his creator to save him from death and when on the alleged cross, he cried, 'my God, why has thou forsaken me"

@Deepzone

You ran from the thread you raised when I exposed the false prophecies linked to Jesus in the OT grin. The thread is still there for you to read and educate yourself.
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 12, 2008
zayhal:

Empty words. Why is it then that a muslim will post an entire page filled with bible passages seeking to prove the quran is perfect
Muslims believe in all books revealed before the Quran- Torah, Injeel etc, that is, the uncorrupted forms. However, there's hardly any Bible today that has not witnessed corruption.
A Muslim can quote the bible for a number of reasons but never to prove the perfection of the Glorious Quran which is completely perfect anyway.

dear ma, have you ever asked anyone to produce this "uncorrupted" books? Or are you merely repeating the lies they fed to you are jummat?

Is this the same "corrupt" bible that your brother Samba is here bleating about? you people are beyond confused.
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by javalove(m): 8:45pm On Aug 12, 2008
@david

there have been people who were worse and more stubborn than you but later accepted islam. I wont be suprised if u agreed with ur heart and became a muslim grin
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by babs787(m): 9:16pm On Aug 12, 2008
@Davidylan

dear ma, have you ever asked a
nyone to produce this "uncorrupted" books
? Or are you merely repeating the lies they fed to you are jummat?

Is this the same "corrupt" bible that your brother Samba is here bleating about? you people are beyond confused.

How many times how you been shown and provided verses on the above from your bible and if you are trying to deny that, do you care for fresh facts?
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 12, 2008
babs787:

@Davidylan
How many times how you been shown and provided verses on the above from your bible and if you are trying to deny that, do you care for fresh facts?

I dont need "fresh facts", i just want you to produce for me the uncorrupted bible that you all claim.
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by DeepZone: 9:42pm On Aug 12, 2008
@Deepzone

You ran from the thread you raised when I exposed the false prophecies linked to Jesus in the OT Grin. The thread is still there for you to read and educate yourself.

See how muslims accuse people falsely. Didn't the moderator disable the thread? Besides, what's the point arguing with an unbeliever because you ain't feeling what am feeling. You only practice religion and I am not really interested in religion, I'm more interested in following Jesus.

Again, I noticed some people use muhammadu instead of mohammed, what's the difference? because Buhari's first name is muhammadu and not mohammed.
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by Mustay(m): 10:17pm On Aug 12, 2008
Going off topic is a disease on this board!
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by Frizy(m): 10:47am On Aug 13, 2008
No we(Muslims) don't speak like one possessed by the devil.
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by samba123(m): 11:56am On Aug 13, 2008
davidylan:

dear ma, have you ever asked anyone to produce this "uncorrupted" books? Or are you merely repeating the lies they fed to you are jummat?

When was that I bleating you? All this grumble accusation is always on your part I never hear you giving some acknowledgement in this forum a nice debate. You are much more opposite and hypocrite to admit your false even to your fellow brother and sister who are seeking guidance.

We are giving you some verses in your books to clarifying the issue and explain to the public, you jump into your chair and screaming like a child who don’t no anything about it. Instead you accusing us of “corrupted” plagiarized words. When will you learn to accept false in your part? Considering a lot of passages in the bible them as “Word of God”. How you assess yourself to be a “true Christian”? Can we hear some feedback coming from you as a Christian errant?
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by DeepZone: 5:00pm On Aug 13, 2008
No we(Muslims) don't speak like one possessed by the devil.

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by samba123(m): 5:15pm On Aug 13, 2008
DeepZone:

undecided undecided undecided

Deepzone speak in tongues mostly done by ----exorcism--or --voodoo---did you know that grin
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 13, 2008
zayhal:

davidylan,
Muslims aren't fed anything at Jumat or anywhere else. we search for truth and we find it, insha Allah. Unlike in other faiths, we do not just listen and follow our leaders dogmatically. We respect them, learn from them, get clarifications when confused and correct them where they make errors as is natural with humans. We're not afraid to dialogue with them and they never feel too 'righteous or proud' to discuss.
Leaders and followers in Islam see themselves as equal before the Almighty unlike in christianity where the pastors see themselves as superordinates over the followers. OK?

This is a load of fraudulent bull. Let me reserve my comments.

zayhal:

To answer your question, the original, uncorrupted bible text can hardly be seen anywhere today.

Isnt it curious that NO ONE has ever seen this "original, uncorrupted bible"? Have YOU seen it? Pls show me or keep your lies to urself.

zayhal:

If it seen, then no one will remain a christain.

allah claims to have sent down and confirmed this torah, where is it?

zayhal:

what is been paraded all over are the revised forms and You sure know human weknesses, no matter how we try to translate what a person has said earlier, we innocently (or otherwise) add or deduct from the statement. This is what has happened to the bible. This is why the Quran remains in its original language of revelation.

More bull . . . show us this uncorrupted bible. Does your imam have a copy?
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by zayhal(f): 9:03pm On Aug 13, 2008
No, my Imam does not have one. But be sure that the bible you have is manmade, this is an understatement anyway. When even Jesus never saw it. Those who invented christianity wrote the bible U have now. What U have now is the adulterated form of the original text. They have completely turned it upside down due to self desire or should I say out of ignorance. This was done several years back. How can U find that today? Why don't U acept the Holy book sent down after the torah, which is a complete guidance to all mankind. Come on David.
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by theopops: 9:08pm On Aug 13, 2008
zayhal:

No, my Imam does not have one. But be sure that the bible you have is manmade, this is an understatement anyway. When even Jesus never saw it. Those who invented christianity wrote the bible You have now. What You have now is the adulterated form of the original text. They have completely turned it upside down due to self desire or should I say out of ignorance. This was done several years back. How can You find that today? Why don't You acept the Holy book sent down after the torah, which is a complete guidance to all mankind. Come on David.

Is it so difficult to ask you guys to produce the uncorrupted bible? I mean, for you to know that the one we have now is corrupted, you have to compare with the one that is uncorrupted. That is just pure common sense. Abi, you don't think it is?

Please, kindly produced the original text. For you to type the words in bold letters, you must have seen the original text or someone is feeding you with a whole lot of cow dung.
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by olabowale(m): 1:08pm On Aug 14, 2008
@Davidylan and theopops: If you have to ask the muslims to produce the uncorrupted Bible of the Christians, I will ask you to produce from among the many types, versions, editions, revisions, etc, of the Bible that you think is not corrupted.

The one that you want to use to stand as the proper Bible that you want the muslims' uncorrupted Bible to be compared with for authenticity. When you finally agree to a copy, go back to the community of the Christians who use the other Bibles that you will reject.

Ask them why the Bible you choose is different from theirs. Let me help you gentlemen with this idea. David, you are not a Catholic, so I believe your Bible of choice will be from the Protestants. Ask the catholics why their Bible, the Douwy version, for example is different from whatever you choose, KJB of today?

If both of you can then collude together an accept your Bible, instead of theirs, know that theirs is a corrupted Bible. If they do not agree with you, know that yours and theirs are both corrupt.

If your both agree, then go and check all the prints of KJB and compare them to the one that you choose. If you see that they are not all the same know that at least all of them and yours are corrupt.

If you are still not settled about the truth of this, then bring up that Bible you now consider to be perfect words of God. I will calmly point to you parts that are not from God.

I will also ask you to ask yourself why isn't the original Bible, in the original language in preservation so that you could use it to rebuff the claims of the muslims about the corruptions in the Bible?

These should be your method of putting this thing to rest. To simply ask the muslims to produce the authentic and uncorrupt Bible, which their Qur'an has abrogated if it had remained uncorrupted with mankind, anyhow, is disingenius.

Considering that all the Christians can't agree on a single Bible! I am not even talking about the opinions that you have about the Old Testament, compared to the New Testament.

And I will not even use what i know about the Jews, considering their position about the New Testament, to make my argument here. Just bring forward a Bible that all the Christian communities of the world, Catholics, Greek orthodox, Russian orthodox, Coptics, etc and the Protestants, including the Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc will all agree to as the only Bible!
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by olabowale(m): 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2008
Gentlemen, I could have easily asked you: which Bible from the many editions, revisions, versions, publications and prints, etc from the beginning of the time that the muslims claimed that your Bible is corrupt up to this present day, that can stand for the whole of Christianity without any dessent about it, from any groupof Christians?

If you can bring it forward, look at all the others Bibles and see that they are all corrupt. Then ask yourselves, how do you end up with these many corrupt Bibles? Ask yourself further, where is the original from which the one Bible you now choose is copied from, word for word?!

Afterall of these, then come to the muslims with your findings. We will then deal with your request.
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by olabowale(m): 1:14pm On Aug 14, 2008
@The Poster of the topic: No the Muslims do not speak in tongues! I do not want to elaborate any further so that i am not accused of Christian bashing!
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by babs787(m): 7:37pm On Aug 14, 2008
@theopops

Is it so difficult to ask you guys to produce the uncorrupted bible? I mean, for you to know that the one we have now is corrupted, you have to compare with the one that is uncorrupted. That is just pure common sense. Abi, you don't think it is?

Please, kindly produced the original text. For you to type the words in bold letters, you must have seen the original text or someone is feeding you with a whole lot of cow dung.

Now, where do we start from, do we start from the difference between catholic and protestant bible?
Do we start with the verses missing in early publication but present in later publications?
Do we start with some contradictory verses from your book?
Do we start from the books mentioned but not present in your bible?
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by DeepZone: 9:33pm On Aug 14, 2008
@The Poster of the topic: No the Muslims do not speak in tongues! I do not want to elaborate any further so that i am not accused of Christian bashing!

You can continue your bashing because they all sound ridiculous to me.
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by DeepZone: 9:34pm On Aug 14, 2008
Do we start with some contradictory verses from your book?

Which verse in the bible is contradictory
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by AloyEmeka9: 1:52am On Aug 15, 2008
Examine yourself before you are being examined.
Gunners 4 life

Yesoooo, muslims take note.
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by Mustay(m): 9:35am On Aug 15, 2008
DeepZone:

Which verse in the bible is contradictory
This certainly does not relate to the topic in question.

Or is it mentioned in the bible that Muslims speak in Tongues?

Please, y'all can make this board better by not going off topic wink
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by MrCrackles(m): 9:40am On Aug 15, 2008
olabowale:

i agree with your response and i do not want to expantiate any further too!

some idiotic numb headed fools on this forum like controversies especially when it comes to religion so it is best to be precise! grin
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by DeepZone: 9:35pm On Aug 15, 2008
i agree with your response and i do not want to expantiate any further too!

some idiotic numb headed fools on this forum like controversies especially when it comes to religion so it is best to be precise!

When thrash muslims talk, you'll definitely know.
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by Mustay(m): 5:20am On Aug 16, 2008
If you have nothin to post, please DO NOT REPLY!
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by DeepZone: 5:55pm On Aug 16, 2008
Typical! If you ask them a prying question, they easily get frustrated and start a quarell. If they throw tantrums at you and you rebuff them, it's probably true but if you answer them back, it's off the topic.
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by ayinba1(f): 8:16pm On Aug 16, 2008
Speaking in tongues? A prying question

First explain what speaking in tongues is, and don't tell me it's that theatrical display that some of my christian school mates were practising/rehearsing when they thought no one was watching; or the one that someone was awarded a prize "best in speaking in tongues" for.

If that's the one, No, muslims do not "speak in tongues"

Some other people have answered already and I answered just in case you didn't see it
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by DeepZone: 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2008

First explain what speaking in tongues is, and don't tell me it's that theatrical display that some of my christian school mates were practising/rehearsing when they thought no one was watching; or the one that someone was awarded a prize "best in speaking in tongues" for.

Typical, making up stories to support an argument.
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by Mustay(m): 11:58pm On Aug 16, 2008
DeepZone:

Typical, making up stories to support an argument.

DeepZone:

Typical! If you ask them a prying question, they easily get frustrated

typical of you turning a blind eye
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by vaughn22: 1:39am On Sep 26, 2010
There are NO contradictions in the Bible. As 2nd Timothy 3 vs 16 says " all scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. And, in Galations, Paul shows the truth of the Word of God (the Bible) in chapter 1 vs 8 " But though we, or an angel from heaven preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. Also, Islam doesn't have anything like the baptism in the Holy Spirit as found in Acts chapter 2. The power of God came down, just as Jesus told them it would, which witnesses that the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ is the truth. God does have a Son. Read Psalms chapter two vs. 12 where it is written "Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all those who trust in him. Who is The Son? Another thing is that Jesus rose from the Dead. The implications of these verses points to the truth. Jesus said in John 14 vs. 6 " I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no one cometh to the Father but by me" Amen, come Lord Jesus.
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by vaughn22: 1:42am On Sep 26, 2010
I forgot, to stay on topic, speaking in other tounges is not of the Devil, if Muslims believe in Jesus, why not His teachings that those who believe in him would speak in other tongues?
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by muhsin(m): 11:46am On Sep 27, 2010
Welcome to Nairaland, vaughn22. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sultan Announces Monday, Sept.12 As Eid El-kabir Day / Saudi Wahhabis Name School In Honor Of Yazeed / Evidence That Muhammad Was A Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.