Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? (16175 Views)

Do Muslims from Northern Nigeria have native names? / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? / Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by Deen4me(m): 1:27pm On Oct 07, 2010
My brothers and sisters are too mush smiley

I am loving this thread

O gbona felifeli  grin
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by chakula: 10:15am On Oct 08, 2010
Deen4me:

My brothers and sisters are too much smiley

I am loving this thread

O gbona felifeli grin

Well said bros.
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by vescucci(m): 4:53pm On Oct 15, 2010
This Alloy Emeka must be aiming to open the highest number of threads ever! Na wa o! What next? A thread on whether it rains on a flooded town?
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by hasyak(m): 2:44pm On Oct 27, 2010
When the Muslim proves his point from the Christian's own Holy Scripture, and when the professional priest, parson or DAVIDYLAN cannot refute the arguments — the inevitable Christian evasion is — "DO YOU ACCEPT THE BIBLE AS GOD'S WORD? On the face of it, the question seems to be an easy one, but a simple "Yes" or "No" cannot be given as an answer. You see, one has first to explain one's position. But the Christian will not give one the opportunity. He gets impatient. "Answer — 'Yes or No!' " he insists. The Jews did the same to Jesus two thousand years ago, except that surprisingly he was not strait-jacketed, as is the fashion today!

You will readily agree that things are not always either BLACK or WHITE. Between these two extremes there are various shades of GREY. If you say "Yes" to his question, then it would mean that you are prepared to swallow everything HOOK, LINE and SINKER, from Genesis to Revelation from his Bible. If you respond with a "No" he quickly unhooks himself from the facts you have presented, and rallies support from his co-religionists in the audience with; "You see, this man does not believe in the Bible! What right has he to expound his case from our Book?" With this hydra-like somersault he rests content that he has safely evaded the issue.

we muslim believe in the "Bible" but not the one that is use today, cos the one use today has been polluted with words of other people.

THREE GRADES OF EVIDENCE

We Muslims have no hesitation in acknowledging that in the Bible, there are three different kinds of witnessing recognizable without any need of specialized training. These are:

1. You will be able to recognize in the Bible what may be described as "The Word of God."

2. You will also be able to discern what can be described as the "Words of a Prophet of God."

3. And you will most readily observe that the bulk of the Bible is the records of eye witnessess or ear witnesses, or people writing from hearsay. As such they are the "Words of a Historian"
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by hasyak(m): 2:54pm On Oct 27, 2010
You do not have to hunt for examples of these different types of evidences in the Bible. The following quotations will make the position crystal clear:

The FIRST Type:

(a) I will raise them up a prophet . . . and I will put my words in , and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him." (Deuteronomy 18:18)

(b) I even, I am the Lord, and beside me there is no saviour." (Isaiah 43:11)

(c) "Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the end of the earth: for I am God, and there is non else." (Isaiah 45:22)

Note the first person pronoun singular (highlighted in green) in the above references, and without any difficulty you will agree that the statements seem to have the sound of being GOD'S WORD.

The SECOND Type:

(a) "Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying Eli, Eli, lama sabachtani? . . ." (Matthew 27:46)

(b) "And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; the Lord our God is one Lord:" (Mark 12:29)

(c) "And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is God." (Mark 10:18).

Even a child will be able to affirm that: Jesus "cried" Jesus "answered" and Jesus "said" are the words of the one to whom they are attributed, i.e. the WORDS OF A PROPHET OF GOD.

The THIRD Type:

"And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he, (JESUS) came, if haply he (JESUS) might find anything thereon: and when he (JESUS) came to it, (Jesus) found nothing but leaves . . ." (Mark 11:13)

The bulk of the Bible is a witnessing of this THIRD kind. These are the words of a third person. They are not the Words of God or of His prophet, but the WORDS OF A HISTORIAN.
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by chyz1: 5:23am On Oct 31, 2010
Tongues just mean speaking in your own native language. It was done in the Bible the same way we do it today.When we are in a foreign land and he one of our brothers we speak in tongues(native tongues) so that others will not know what we are saying.hence, the "devil"(meaning our enemies).
Re: Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? by Critter: 2:37pm On Jul 27, 2016
I'm a new revert to Islam myself but well studied.
I enjoy the study of religion in the whole because it includes culture, lifestyle, purpose and faith.
To answer your question, no I don't believe so.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years / Position Of The Law On The Use Of Hijab/Veil In Public Institutions- O.G Chukkol / Lessons Learnt from the Hadith Of The Lost Necklace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.