Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (115782 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (115) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Pataki: 5:05pm On Aug 11, 2008
Missy B:

Whoever is Hotfunmi?
Hotfunmi is the same person as DeepZone now. grin

@ Lasie,
God bless you for sharing your testimony here. You never know whose life has been touched by your own testimony. Shout it out to get the devil more mad!!!!!!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by MissyB1(m): 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2008
Pataki:

Hotfunmi is the same person as DeepZone now. grin
I see. jst wondering y sm1 called her name or is she against christainity
I wonder how on earth she's going to stop us with the force in us. cheesy
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by ima1(f): 5:10pm On Aug 11, 2008
Analytical:

I pray it happens, sister.  That is my desire and much more.  A real daily christian online experience that just grows and grows, while we get filled with His divine presence.  Yes, here on Nairaland!  Somebody say Amen!

Amen o. i pray this grows into something great that can bless everyone
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 5:13pm On Aug 11, 2008
Hunmh, LASIEFAIRE, that was deep!  Thanks for that.  It reminds me of part of this song by Phil Driscoll:

I remember you said you will never leave me
That in times of trouble you will be my friend
But sometimes, some doubt and fear try to steal my faith
Then I just run to you, I just run to you.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2008
Dont worry

im ready to give a Daily Dose of the Word, anytime

As i grow, i must help others grow too!

God bless You all! smiley
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by uniquelove(f): 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2008
This sounds great, I love God.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by LASIEFAIRE(m): 5:23pm On Aug 11, 2008
Analytical et Pataki. . Thank God.
Psalm 34:8 " O Taste and see the lord is good: blesseth is the man that trutheth in him"

Me I have tasted and seen that the lord is good. I will put my trust in him and surely I shall remain blessed.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 5:24pm On Aug 11, 2008
Gamine:

As i grow, i must help others grow too!

God bless You all! smiley

That is the spirit Gamine.

uniquelove:

This sounds great, I love God.

He deserves to be loved.  Bless you.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by emmydee(m): 5:49pm On Aug 11, 2008
That's a very good idea. welcome
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by JeSoul(f): 5:52pm On Aug 11, 2008
Analytical,
  God will so richly bless you for coming up with this idea!  smiley  kiss I just came out of the religion forum and was just thinking how foul it is in there. Something like this for us to just bless and encourage one another is great and it has now become my fav thread.  grin cheesy  

One thing God has been drilling in my heart lately is the scripture in 2Cor 5:15 which says "and He died that those who live should no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again". We get so caught up in the things of life that we forget our lives do not belong to us, but are solely for God to use to bring glory to His name alone. May we all continue to live lives worthy of the calling that we have received! In Jesus name! Amen.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by mekk(m): 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2008
psalm 34:1 I will bless the Lord @ all times His praises will continually be on my lips.

thank you very much poster.at least its a relief to know that there are some in this forum who holds God dearly to their heart.
God Bless ya.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by JeSoul(f): 5:56pm On Aug 11, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

Analytical et Pataki. . Thank God.
Psalm 34:8 " O Taste and see the lord is good: blesseth is the man that trutheth in him"

Me I have tasted and seen that the lord is good. I will put my trust in him and surely I shall remain blessed.
Lasiefaire,
 I thot you might like to know that your frequent updates with songs or thots in your "signature" always put a smile on my face. Godbless you for that brotha!  smiley  kiss
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by LASIEFAIRE(m): 6:03pm On Aug 11, 2008
JeSoul:

Lasiefaire,
  I thot you might like to know that your frequent updates with songs or thoughts in your "signature" always put a smile on my face. Godbless you for that brotha!  smiley  kiss

Thanks a million. Am smiling so hard you should see me, see teeth.   grin   grin  grin  grin  grin  grin
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Pataki: 6:05pm On Aug 11, 2008
JeSoul:

One thing God has been drilling in my heart lately is the scripture in 2Cor 5:15 which says "and He died that those who live should no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again". We get so caught up in the things of life that we forget our lives do not belong to us, but are solely for God to use to bring glory to His name alone. May we all continue to live lives worthy of the calling that we have received! In Jesus name! Amen.
AMEN.

Lord may I live my life worthy of your calling. Help me Lord to grow in you the more. And more importantly, my life be a testimony of salvation to the souls of men out there.

God Bless you sister.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by slyk2(m): 6:06pm On Aug 11, 2008
keep preaching the word.

technology is a plus for the gospel.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by tkb417(m): 6:09pm On Aug 11, 2008
hmmm
nice one. im in for real

@Poster
good one from u. i need to be here for some reality check.
somethings are just wrong with me nowadays.
im fully in oo
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:23pm On Aug 11, 2008
The inspiration of this thread is from His throne and I believe the message below will bless some members of the body of Christ.  Be blessed.

"A man was sleeping at night in his cabin when suddenly his room filled with light and the Saviour appeared.  The Lord told the man he had work for him to do, and showed him a large rock in front of his cabin.  The Lord explained that the man was to push against the rock with all his might.  This the man did, day after day.  For many years he toiled from sun up to sun down, his shoulders set squarely against the cold, massive surface of the unmoving rock, pushing with all his might.  Each night the man returned to his cabin sore, and worn out, feeling that his whole day had been spent in vain.

Seeing that the man was showing signs of discouragement, the devil decided to enter the picture by placing thoughts into the man's weary mind "You have been pushing against that rock for a long time, and it hasn't budged.  Why kill yourself over this?  You are never going to move it.   "This gave the man the impression that the task was impossible and that he was a failure.  These thoughts discouraged and disheartened the man.  "Why kill myself over this?" he thought.  "I'll just put in my time, giving just the minimum effort and that will be good enough."   And that is what he planned to do until one day he decided to make it a matter of prayer and take his troubled thoughts to the Lord.

"Lord" he said, "I have laboured long and hard in your service, putting all my strength to do that which you have asked.  Yet, after all this time, I have not even budged that rock by half a millimeter.  What is wrong?  Why am I failing?"

The Lord responded compassionately, "My friend, when I asked you to serve me and you accepted, I told you that your task was to push against the rock with all your strength, which you have done.  Never once did I mention to you that I expected you to move it. Your task was to push.  And now you come to me, with your strength spent, thinking that you have failed.  But, is that really so?   
Look at yourself.  Your arms are strong and muscled, your back sinewy and brown, your hands are callused from constant pressure, and your legs have become massive and hard.  Through opposition you have grown much and your abilities now surpass that which you used to have.  Yet you haven't moved the rock.  But your calling was to be obedient and to push and to exercise your faith and trust in My wisdom.  This you have done.  I, my friend, will now move the rock
."

At times, when we hear a word from God, we tend to use our own intellect to decipher what He wants, when actually what God wants is just simple obedience and faith in Him,  By all means, exercise the faith that moves mountains, but know that it is still God who moves the mountains.  You just PUSH!

When everything seems to go wrong, PUSH!

When the job gets you down,  PUSH!

When people don't react the way you think they should, PUSH!

When your money is short and the bills are due, PUSH!

When you want to curse them out for whatever the reason, PUSH!

When people just don't understand you,  PUSH!

PUSH = [b]P[/b]ray Until [b]S[/b]omething [b]H[/b]appens!"
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by smile4kenn(m): 6:30pm On Aug 11, 2008
You have created us to live in community,
O God of love;
bless our friends who provide us
with the grace and love of an extended family.
Endow them with the riches of your blessings:
good health, sight, and mobility,
that they may enjoy the wonders of your creation
and share their delight with others.
Bless them with keen minds and compassionate hearts
that they may create a better life for all.
Guard them from injustice, oppression, and evil
that they may know freedom and hope lifelong.
In their waking and in their sleeping,
in their laughter and in their tears,
surround them with your love
until the end of their days;
and so bring them to eternal life in peace.
Through Jesus Christ, our Savior.
Amen.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 6:34pm On Aug 11, 2008
Sorry Olaadegbu

dont come here with false doctrines.

Where is PUSH in the bible, please quote scriptures

thanks smiley
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Raymond88(m): 6:39pm On Aug 11, 2008
This is a fucking joke, it's the same guys that cuss all over at other threads that are here 'preaching'. grin
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by onyinye2(f): 6:40pm On Aug 11, 2008
Raymond88:

This is a fucking joke, it's the same guys that cuss all over at other threads that are here 'preaching'. grin
No one is perfect.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 6:41pm On Aug 11, 2008
Help me tell him o
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Raymond88(m): 6:45pm On Aug 11, 2008
onyinye2:

No one is perfect.
Of course! wink so take thy holier than thou attitude somewhere elseth!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by smile4kenn(m): 6:46pm On Aug 11, 2008
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God…But I say to you that listen, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. If anyone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also; and from anyone who takes away your coat do not withhold even your shirt. Give to everyone who begs from you; and if anyone takes away your goods, do not ask for them again. Do to others as you would have them do to you.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by onyinye2(f): 6:46pm On Aug 11, 2008
Raymond88:

Of course! wink so take thy holier than thou attitude somewhere elseth!
May God Be With You. smiley
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by MissyB1(m): 6:47pm On Aug 11, 2008
Raymond88:

This is a fucking joke, it's the same guys that cuss all over at other threads that are here 'preaching'.  grin
Like Onyinye said,we all re working towards perfection but bear in mind also that christainity isn't stupidity.Dat one puts you on track at times doesn't mean one isn't God's child. wink

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Raymond88(m): 6:50pm On Aug 11, 2008
Missy B:

Like Onyinye said,we all re working towards perfection but bear in mind also that christainity isn't stupidity.Dat one puts you on track at times doesn't mean one isn't God's child. wink
We're all God's children but it pisses me off when one tries to play God's favorite, christian E- Fellowship? ugh come on.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by nwakaibe(m): 6:51pm On Aug 11, 2008
I love this new thread, now we examine the basic tenets of our faith in the light of the scriptures.
Also we can correct, exhort and admonish.welcome on board.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by smile4kenn(m): 6:51pm On Aug 11, 2008
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love,
Where there is injury, pardon
Where there is doubt, faith,
Where there is despair, hope,
Where there is darkness, light,
Where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much
seek to be consoled as to console,
not so much to be understood as to understand,
not so much to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
it is in dying that we awake to eternal life.

St. Francis of Assisi
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by onyinye2(f): 6:51pm On Aug 11, 2008
Raymond88:

We're all God's children but it pisses me off when one tries to play God's favorite, christian E- Fellowship? ugh come on.
Who is playing God's favorite? We are all the loving children of God.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by MissyB1(m): 6:55pm On Aug 11, 2008
Raymond88:

I don't knw about you but i would want to be God's fav. smiley
@ All
Bless your soul with this song 

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_SjhKJgqGg
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Raymond88(m): 6:56pm On Aug 11, 2008
Ugh i give up! amen, halleluyah. . .over and out!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (115)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / If The Sexual Urge Is Too Strong & You Are Not Married, Just Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.