Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,484 members, 7,823,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (115948 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (115) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 9:09am On Aug 17, 2009
Do not forget this, for there is only One Kingdom of God, and one people of that Kingdom and

I AM the God that gives refuge to My people.
I AMthe God who empowers them.
I Am the God that will show great and mighty things unto an ungodly people that I wish to deliver.

They have bought into a lie, and now they shall see the lie they bought into.
They have bought into falsehood, into pride and arrogance and greed. And now it
shall flee from them because they will not get what they desire. They will only get the power of God in the midst of them.

I will pour out My Spirit upon this nation, not only in love and mercy, but in judgment, for they have sinned greatly before Me.

My eyes are upon the children who cry out from the Molech worship.
My eyes are upon the children that call unto Me, that seek My face.

I have not forgotten you,
I AM with you.
Do not turn away.
Do not let the troubles of the time bother you, because they tell you that I Am
coming soon.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:20am On Aug 17, 2009
The Reliability of Nature
August 17, 2009

"While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease." (Genesis 8:22)

We are so accustomed to the regularity of the seasons and the various time-constants of nature (e.g., the length of the day and the year), we rarely stop to think how important all this is. When the sun goes down each evening, we are not disturbed, because we know it will rise the next morning; when winter settles over the hemisphere, we are confident that the spring will return in due time.

But if it were not so, life would soon become extremely difficult. Science and technology, which are based on the assumption that like causes produce like effects, would be impossible. These basic physical constants (the earth's rotation controlling the length of the day, the earth's orbit controlling the year, and the earth's axial inclination controlling the seasons), in turn, control most other physical and biological processes on the earth. Scientists, however, have no explanation as to why these constants are what they are. There is no better answer than that they are gifts of God's grace.

As a matter of fact, this present uniformity of nature dates only from the end of the great Noahic Flood, which marked a tremendous discontinuity in the processes of nature as they had functioned previously. God's promise to Noah of post-Flood continuity, as summarized in the words of our text, has been kept faithfully now for over 4,000 years.

All of God's wonderful creation gives a daily testimony to His faithfulness: "The living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein: . . . left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness" (Acts 14:15, 17), and we should thank Him for it! HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 9:53am On Aug 17, 2009

1st Love

Who is your 1st love? Who loved you 1st? I love you with an everlasting love that will keep you strengthened and encouraged in this day and hour which you live.

Many say that they will embrace their destinies*, but their hearts are far from Me.
I say to take up your cross and follow Me! Few do.
They only follow when they think I am saying I will bless and prosper them.
These only follow because they think they will be fed.
Many claiming to be leaders are truly hirelings, and while there is a place for them, they are My last choice to watch over and feed My sheep. (See Matthew 16:24, 25; John 6:26; 10:12)
Return to your 1st Love! Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is near! Remember from where you have fallen.
Do the deeds you did at first. (See Revelation 2:4)

Your oil is dwindling and the hour is late! It will not keep you until I return.
It is the love of money and the need to acquire wealth that has become your downfall.
Your light will go out in the gross darkness to come.

Where does your loyalty and trust lie? In the wealth that you can amass or the trust you have in Me? You can only serve one.

Do you want to intimately know wealth, which is fickle and treacherous, or Christ and Him crucified?
Will you embrace your cross and follow My Son, Jesus?
Again I ask, "Who is your 1st love?"
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by trekkie: 11:44pm On Aug 17, 2009
@ grace five
hmm, have heard you but what do we do when only the rich are celebrated in churches today and the pastor will only smile at your testimony if you mention his part in it. the focus of a lot of people are being taken away from jesus, how then can we get this back to the right place? "anyone here who can donate 10,000 stand up"? that is the usual refrain now in churches we are all building cathedrals for God and not winning souls. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WENT TO THE STREETS FOR EVANGELISM? THIS QUESTION IS FOR ALL OF US. i found out that i am so guilty of taking bible classes, preaching to the already converted and not going out into the trenches to bring in new people to the kingdom. did you watch the 50 days of glory that happened in south africa? smiley
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Image123(m): 1:01am On Aug 18, 2009
Preach the Word EVERYTIME. Good to see many who know, it's time for us to go. Go into the world and preach the gospel. John Bunyan,the author of the classic 'Pilgrim's progress' was in jail for over 10years because he preached the gospel. What excuse do you have not to preach this gospel. Tell them Jesus died for us all.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:02am On Aug 18, 2009
The Bright and Morning Star
August 18, 2009

"I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." (Revelation 22:16)

The epilogue of Revelation contains many words of comfort to the believer. Our Lord promises, among other things, that "behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me" (v. 12), and "blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city" (v. 14). Likewise, there are many names for God given, such as "the Lord God of the holy prophets" (v. 6), "Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (v. 13), and "the root and the offspring of David" (text). This rehearsal of names and deeds provides comfort, but why is Christ called the "bright and morning star"?

The analogy is to the planet Venus, so often seen shining brightly in the early morning. The sight of the planet provides a pledge of the coming day during which the light is brighter and the sight clearer.

Likewise, however beautiful and awe-inspiring our perception is now by the light of our Bright and Morning Star, Jesus Christ, we are promised a more complete view. Although He has "shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ" (2 Corinthians 4:6), and although Christ appeared as "the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person" (Hebrews 1:3), soon we shall see Him "face to face" (1 Corinthians 13:12) and even "be like him; for we shall see him as he is" (1 John 3:2).

Our view now constitutes only the beginning of a clearer sight--a guarantee of the glorious day that has no night, when we shall see the King in all His beauty. There will even be no need of the sun, "for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof" (Revelation 21:23). JDM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 11:21am On Aug 18, 2009
trekkie:

@ grace five
hmm, have heard you but what do we do when only the rich are celebrated in churches today and the pastor will only smile at your testimony if you mention his part in it. the focus of a lot of people are being taken away from jesus, how then can we get this back to the right place? "anyone here who can donate 10,000 stand up"? that is the usual refrain now in churches we are all building cathedrals for God and not winning souls. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WENT TO THE STREETS FOR EVANGELISM? THIS QUESTION IS FOR ALL OF US. i found out that i am so guilty of taking bible classes, preaching to the already converted and not going out into the trenches to bring in new people to the kingdom. did you watch the 50 days of glory that happened in south africa? smiley

Brother God will give to anybody according to his or her works it will go through fire,only silver and gold will remain do not forget we are in endtime.

2 Timothy 3
Godlessness in the Last Days
1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of
themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents,
ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal,
not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers
of God-- 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with
them.

please fullfill your calling ,preach gospel in anyway you can do not look at any leader,GOD IS NOT RESPECTER OF A PERSON.

Remain blessed
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 11:24am On Aug 18, 2009
Heavenly Pursuit

Dear child, for many months now you have been sensing a dryness and a
hiddenness of My presence in your life. You have been greatly troubled
by this and have considered many reasons why this is so. You have
searched deep in your heart and found many mistakes and failures but
these have been covered by My blood. My blood is more than sufficient
to cover a multitude of your sins
. And so, why are you still sensing
a distance from My presence?

I'm glad you asked that question, for it's all about pursuit.

In times when I am distant, I call to you to pursue Me. To search Me out
in all your ways. Seek Me in your daily activities. Search Me out in My
word, and in your silences for My heart for you. In the pursuit of My
presence that you will gain renewed strength. The faster you run to Me,
the more tired physically you will become, but be assured that the
pursuit is totally worth the effort. This pursuit is designed to
strengthen and revitalizing your spiritual muscles. Pursue Me when I am
hiding My face from you. Pursue Me when you are disappointed and
discouraged. Pursue Me even when you don't want to pursue Me. Pursue you
when you've given up. Pursue Me in the desert and in the plains. Pursue
Me in the times of drought and the times of abundant rain. Pursue Me in
health and pursue Me in pain.

Think of this as an opportunity to get
your heart right. For I assure you that you WILL find me at the right
time.

(Jer. 29:13-14b NKJV) 
   And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all
   your heart. I will be found by you, says the Lord.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 4:30pm On Aug 18, 2009

Our pride can prevent us from intimacy with God.

James 4:6: "God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble."

Prov 8:13 , Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverse mouth I hate

Pride is a result of not truly experiencing the love of God. Experiencing the love in the heart of the Father is most humbling. To know that He passionately loves all mankind and feels pain in His heart when they do not love Him in return and to know that when we respond by loving Him with our whole heart that he feels great joy in His heart is very humbling.

Pride can manifest as religious pride, social pride, plain old self focus is pride and a sister to pride is fear - fear of what man will think - how I will look or appear. But grace precedes glory and is given to the humble.

Mature love makes us humble and opens the way for FACE TO FACE with God. Moses was said to be the most humble man on the earth and he spoke with God FACE TO FACE. (Num 12:3-cool

The subject of First Corinthians, Chapter 13 is clearly love. Verses 10-13 speak clearly of maturing in love and "then" seeing Him "face to face". The "then" in this verse when viewed in context clearly speaks of when we mature in love. And the "face to face" is intimate oneness with God.

1 Cor 13:10-11: But when that which is perfect (mature) has come, then that which is in part will be done away. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

1 Cor 13:12-13: For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Intimacy with God is much more than a dating relationship with Him. Coming into His holy presence in worship and praise from time to time is a wonderful meeting with Him. But remaining with Him in the secret place of His chambers is the intimate love process of becoming one. Continuing with Him in the secret place is a daily experience in which we are no longer an individual but are one with Him and cannot be separated. We become so much in love that we are transformed into His body, His flesh, His bones.

Eph 5:30-32: For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. " This is a great mystery , but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:30am On Aug 19, 2009
Tragic Ignorance
August 19, 2009

"Strangers have devoured his strength, and he knoweth it not: yea, gray hairs are here and there upon him, yet he knoweth not." (Hosea 7:9)

One of the saddest dramas in human experience is the sight of a proud and confident leader who does not realize that his once-vaunted powers have deserted him and he now appears merely weak and foolish. Mighty Samson, with his locks shorn, was a sad example of such tragic ignorance. "And he wist not that the LORD was departed from him" (Judges 16:20), so the Philistines put out his eyes and bound him with chains. So it was with the once-mighty people of Israel in the days of their deep apostasy. Hosea described their distressing condition in the graphic words of our text.

Many years later, God's chosen people exhibited an even more tragic state of pompous ignorance. Their Messiah had come to them, and they didn't know Him, even crucifying Him. God's judgment couldn't be delayed. "|They| shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation" (Luke 19:44).

But perhaps the most tragic case is the church in Laodicea. This church represents all those outwardly prosperous evangelical churches that attempt to take a neutral stance on the basic conflicts of the last days. The one who is "the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God" (Revelation 3:14) will pronounce the awful judgment. "So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou are wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked" (vv. 16-17). How urgently the people of God need to guard against the tragedy of arrogant ignorance! HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:16am On Aug 19, 2009
My Love For You

Nailed upon the cross is the past.
Injustices old or new shall not last.
The past cannot be altered nor can it be taken back.
Former things do not matter, for My love does not lack.

Wrongs just seconds old or piled up for years,
My love is the cure for all shed tears.
Days made new, times of the past all restored, relationships made right,
My love an all-embracing light.

My love is not to be hoarded but given away.
The cross offers you new life each and every day.
My cross has removed all your dross.
Come what may from sunrise to sunset,
My love is omnipresent, omniscience and omnipotent.

My love will always linger and remain.
My great love removes each and every stain.

Forever and a day, My love shall endure,
My love eternally untainted and pure.
My love is holy, innocent and blameless;
My love shall wash over you, leaving you spotless and shameless.

My love finds a manner in which you can cope,
filling your life with joy and hope.

Forgiveness, mercy and grace shroud the lessons of life.
My love by no means causes trauma or strife.
My love always flowing, moving forward, and never looking back,
My love never points a finger or keeps track.

The out pouring of My love redeems,
My love sown in the depths of your inner man beams.
You flourish when My love draws you near;
you see that My love has no fear.

The future lays in the power of My almighty hand.
With that wisdom you can take a stand.
The outlook of life lies deep within your heart.
Light and darkness, shall truly part.

Revelation of My love and dark shadows cannot live side by side--
one or the other, child, you are the one who needs to decide.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by trekkie: 4:48am On Aug 20, 2009
@ all actually, it's sister.
guys, una try. but i don't think this is for me. @grace five. you try but how many sermons can a girl assimilate. i have hardly had time to digest what you said and no one else is commenting but every one else is posting bible college thesis.
@ANALYTICAL WHERE ARE YOU? I READ YOUR PREVIOUS POSTS AND YOU KNOW HOW TO HAVE A NORMAL SIMPLE CONVERSATION ABOUT JESUS WHICH IS WHAT I AM HUNGRY FOR. PRETEND I AM A NEW CONVERT HOW DO ALL THESE POSTINGS HELP ME?,
ANY CHANCE FOR SOME ORGANIZATION HERE? BELIEVE ME IT IS NEEDED. IF WE WERE IN CHURCH WOULD WE ALL BE PREACHING AT THE SAME TIME. REMEMBER APOSTLE PAULS RECOMMENDATION FOR ORDER IN SERVICE. undecided
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:26am On Aug 20, 2009
What Christ Was Made for Us
August 20, 2009

"And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." (Philippians 2:cool

We can never fully comprehend the condescension of the infinite Creator when He became man. He who was "very God of very God," as the Old Creeds expressed it, humbled Himself and was made many things for the sake of man's redemption. Note the following remarkable summation of what He "was made."

"The Word was God," and yet "the Word was made flesh" (John 1:1, 14). He had created human flesh for Adam, then finally for Himself--not sinful flesh, of course, but only "in the likeness of sinful flesh" (Romans 8:3).

He who had been in the very "form of God . . . took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" (Philippians 2:6-7).

He was so completely human as to be "made of a woman" (Galatians 4:4), thus partaking of the complete human experience (apart from sin) from conception to death.

He also was "made under the law" (v. 4), though He, as the lawgiver, was above the law.

Although He completely fulfilled the law, He was "made |the| curse for us," in order to redeem "us from the curse of the law" (3:13).

Then, on the cross, God even "hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin" (2 Corinthians 5:21), thus bearing the guilt and punishment for the sins of all the world.

Finally, as our text reminds us, He "became |same word in the Greek as 'was made'| obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."

And because He was made all these things for us, we can "be made the righteousness of God in him" (5:21). HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 9:44am On Aug 20, 2009
trekkie:

@ all actually, it's sister.
guys, una try. but i don't think this is for me. @grace five. you try but how many sermons can a girl assimilate. i have hardly had time to digest what you said and no one else is commenting but every one else is posting bible college thesis.
@ANALYTICAL WHERE ARE YOU? I READ YOUR PREVIOUS POSTS AND YOU KNOW HOW TO HAVE A NORMAL SIMPLE CONVERSATION ABOUT JESUS WHICH IS WHAT I AM HUNGRY FOR. PRETEND I AM A NEW CONVERT HOW DO ALL THESE POSTINGS HELP ME?,
ANY CHANCE FOR SOME ORGANIZATION HERE? BELIEVE ME IT IS NEEDED. IF WE WERE IN CHURCH WOULD WE ALL BE PREACHING AT THE SAME TIME. REMEMBER APOSTLE PAULS RECOMMENDATION FOR ORDER IN SERVICE. undecided

Ok sister we are here to help each other comment on any preaching and we we try to explain.on grace5 those are word of exhortation to encourage you they are from HOLY SPIRIT.SISTER HE SPEAKS.thou some are teaching,please do not give up ask .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 9:52am On Aug 20, 2009
For you trekkie

The one, you, who believes and is baptized will be saved.
Do not forget. You have been lifted from the depression and turmoil.
You were freed and set to walk in the life of liberty of my Spirit.
You are my witness to what I have done within you.
What I said remains forever-true.
If I am with you always, to the end of the age, how could I forsake you now?

Walk in the liberty which releases those from bondage.
Walk in the miraculous of feeding those who are in need.
All authority is mine, so go into your world and reflect what I have shown
you. Model what I say and find true life.
Teach them everything I have commanded you. I am with you always.
Do not forget to receive love so you can freely release it it others.

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 9:20am On Aug 21, 2009
Jehoshaphat

And the Lord was with Jehoshaphat because he , sought to the
Lord God of his father and walked in his commandments and not
after the doings of Israel. Therefore the Lord established the
kingdom in his hand and all Judah brought to Jerusalem presents,
and he had riches and honour in abundance and his heart was
lifted up in the ways of the Lord. -- 2Chron.17:3-6A

And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the Lord and
proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah. So the realm of
Jehoshaphat was quiet for his God gave him rest round about.
-- 2Chron.20:30

My great Jehoshaphat was a darling soldier of the kingdom. He was a man of
great comfort, yet a man of fervent prayer. He fasted and prayed. He looked
up to Me. He saw great deliverance in his time because he learned to serve
My will. He learned to be obedient to authority. He loved Me and adored My
way. In his days, I brought peace and harmony. There was rest all round
his kingdom because he hearkened to the cry of My heart.

He advanced in the things of honour, and integrity was his way of life. He
was in honour because he taught people in the tabernacle My ways. He was a
man of praise and always rendered praises to Me whenever he was in trouble.
He called on Me and doubted not. [/i]

I want you to be like him, My people, for [i]he rendered praises to Me with
all his heart and I delivered him from all his fears. I gave him the
deliverance of his life. Likewise, seek Me and forsake the lust of the
flesh. Come without pleasure of sin. Come with your desires being lifted
up to Me. For I have a task for you - to build My house and My people. Be
ye therefore perfect even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Come
with a zealous heart. Come with fervency. Come enter your rest
. A new path
do I prepare for you. A new heart also will I give you and a new spirit
will I put within you, and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh
and I will give you a heart of flesh. Come out of your[i] heaviness and pride,
for it deteriorates your health.
[/i]You have to live in mercy. Birth a new
thing, a new purpose, and it shall be established on the earth. Lay your
purpose to Me and it shall be established.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Truthonly(m): 12:24pm On Aug 21, 2009
Called Into A
Newness Of Life

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that
like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the
Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life (Rom 6:4)

According to the scriptures, when Jesus died, we
died with Him, when He was buried we were
buried with Him; and when He resurrected we also arose
with Him into a newness of life. We’ve been called into a
newness of life. That’s why 2 Corinthians 5:17 talks about
the fact that anyone who has received Christ is a new
species of being that never existed before.
The old man has been crucified with Christ but there’s
a new man with a new life in his place now. No wonder
the Bible says in Colosians 3:10, “…put on the new man,
which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that
created him.” In his letter to the Roman church, the Apostle
Paul admonished them not to serve God in their old ways
but in the newness of spirit: “But now we are delivered
from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that
we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness
of the letter” (Romans 7:6).
You’ve been delivered from the Law and from the
darkness of hell by the death of the Lord Jesus Christ on
the cross of Calvary. Now, your life transcends this earthly
realm; it’s the life of Christ, the Anointed One. You’ve also
been delivered from every form of bondage “…into the
glorious liberty of the children of God” (Romans 8:21).
You’ve been called into a new life of success, glory
and excellence. You do not have a past, for your old nature
was crucified with Christ, and now, you’ve been raised to
a newness of life. Walk in this consciousness today.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:56pm On Aug 21, 2009
Near to the Heart of God
August 21, 2009

"And Aaron shall bear the names of the children of Israel in the breastplate of judgment upon his heart, when he goeth in unto the holy place, for a memorial before the LORD continually." (Exodus 28:29)

The clothing of the high priest was made according to very specific instructions.  Each piece of the garment both symbolized and preshadowed a ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ as the "one mediator between God and man" (1 Timothy 2:5).

The names of the tribes of Israel were engraved upon two stones (six names per stone) and they were to be mounted upon the shoulders of the ephod.  The broad shoulders of a man are often used as a symbol of strength, particularly in carrying a heavy load.  Illustrating His perfect faithfulness and capability, the burden-bearing work of Christ weighted with the sins and needs of His people is pictured through Aaron, who would "bear their names before the LORD upon his two shoulders for a memorial" (Exodus 28:12).  It is with great confidence in that capability that His people can therefore turn to Him, "casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you" (1 Peter 5:7).

As seen from the text verse, this work is not a drudge, but a labour of love.  The names of the children of Israel were not only on the high priest's shoulders, but also carried "upon his heart."  In one sense this was a visible token of what He had said of old, "Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee" (Jeremiah 31:3).  For believers today, Christ's high priestly ministry is explained more fully in the Book of Hebrews, where believers are assured that "because he continueth ever, |he| hath an unchangeable priesthood" (Hebrews 7:24).  Therefore, "Let not your heart be troubled" (John 14:1), for He has your name upon His own heart "for a memorial before the Lord continually." RJG
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 9:08am On Aug 22, 2009
Rise Up And Do Your Part

Rise up, oh Helper, and aid the gospel forward.

Rise up, oh Teacher, and teach the kingdom way.

Rise up, oh Evangelist,
come forward with the message I have given you.

Rise up, oh Pastor, and shepherd My people into a new day.

Rise up, oh Seer, and proclaim what I have given you to see.

Rise up, oh Prophet, and let the prophetic come forth,
speak the oracles of God.

Rise up, oh Apostle, with the mandates in your heart,
surely I have set them there awaiting action
for the expansion of My kingdom on the earth.

Rise up, oh Leader, move forward on the path I have chosen,
others will follow into the fields of the harvest.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:44am On Aug 22, 2009
The Books of God
August 22, 2009

"A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened." (Daniel 7:10)

This great vision of the coming Day of Judgment is apparently the same as that later seen by John: "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: . . . and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works" (Revelation 20:12).

These books of judgment are evidently books of records of the "works" of men. They must include also the books of the Bible, for the words of men must be evaluated in terms of the words of God. As Jesus said: "The word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day" (John 12:48). The fearful truth, however, is that all who are judged according to their works are lost, for "by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified" (Romans 3:20).

There is another book of God at the judgment: "And another book was opened, which is the book of life: . . . And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire" (Revelation 20:12, 15). In this book are the names of all who are trusting in Christ alone for salvation.

There is still one more book which God is keeping: "Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name. And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels" (Malachi 3:16-17). All whose names are in "the Lamb's book of life" will never be judged by their works. Instead, all service for their Lord will be "remembered" in His special book of heavenly jewels. HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by brolanre: 1:20pm On Aug 22, 2009
While waiting for ASUU to call off there timeless strike or gainful employment,how about reaching to the unreached with the message of God's undying love through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.If you are passionate about missionary work- long or short term, don't hesitate to get in touch.
It might be helpful to explain to you how the process works.
For further enquiries, contact:

The Global School of Missions
Ile-Epo B/Stop just after Mtain of Fire,Prayer City
Ibafo
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Truthonly(m): 10:16pm On Aug 22, 2009
Against Hope,
Believe In Hope

Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the
father of many nations; according to that which was spoken, So
shall thy seed be (Romans 4:18).

To understand and appreciate why the Bible
describes Abraham as the father of faith, you’ll
first have to carefully consider the challenges he faced and
how he overcame them. God had already told him he
would have a seed through whom all the nations of the
earth would be blessed and the seed would come from
his wife, Sarah. But on two occasions, he had problems
with two kings who wanted his beautiful wife, who wasn’t
only barren at the time but had also passed into
menopause.

Though these negative situations came up to attack
the initial word God spoke to him, Abraham nevertheless
did one thing; he stood his ground. Instead of crying about
the seemingly impossible conditions, he refused to be
moved and continually gave glory to God. The Bible says,
“And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own
body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old,
neither yet the deadness of Sarah’s womb: He staggered
not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong
in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that,
what he had promised, he was able also to perform”
(Romans 4:19-21). No wonder he had miracles at the end
of the day!
Don’t ever give up on the Word, for the Word never
fails. Like Abraham, against hope, believe in hope knowing
that what God has said concerning you will surely come
to pass. When your faith is challenged, don’t cry or cower;
just keep releasing faith-filled words! Keep unleashing your
stubborn faith proclamations in the face of contrary
situations.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Cheexie(m): 1:53am On Aug 23, 2009
"The voice of weeping shall be no more heard."
Isaiah 65:19

The glorified weep no more, for all outward a causes of grief are gone. There are no broken friendships, nor blighted prospects in heaven. Poverty, famine, peril, persecution, and slander, are unknown there. No pain distresses, no thought of death or bereavement saddens. They weep no more, for they are perfectly sanctified. No "evil heart of unbelief" prompts them to depart from the living God; they are without fault before His throne, and are fully conformed to His image. Well may they cease to mourn who have ceased to sin. They weep no more, because all fear of change is past. They know that they are eternally secure. Sin is shut out, and they are shut in. They dwell within a city which shall never be stormed; they bask in a sun which shall never set; they drink of a river which shall never dry; they pluck fruit from a tree which shall never wither. Countless cycles may revolve, but eternity shall not be exhausted, and while eternity endures, their immortality and blessedness shall co-exist with it. They are for ever with the Lord. They weep no more, because every desire is fulfilled. They cannot wish for anything which they have not in possession. Eye and ear, heart and hand, judgment, imagination, hope, desire, will, all the faculties, are completely satisfied; and imperfect as our present ideas are of the things which God hath prepared for them that love him, yet we know enough, by the revelation of the Spirit, that the saints above are supremely blessed. The joy of Christ, which is an infinite fulness of delight, is in them. They bathe themselves in the bottomless, shoreless sea of infinite beatitude. That same joyful rest remains for us. It may not be far distant. Ere long the weeping willow shall be exchanged for the palm-branch of victory, and sorrow's dewdrops will be transformed into the pearls of everlasting bliss. "Wherefore comfort one another with these words."
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:11am On Aug 23, 2009
Cosmetology and the Christian
August 23, 2009

"Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price." (1 Peter 3:3-4)

It is fascinating to learn that the two Greek words translated "adorning" in the New Testament are kosmos and kosmeo, from which we get our English words "cosmos" and "cosmology," referring to the entire universe as an ordered system, as opposed to "chaos," a disordered system. Surprisingly, our modern word "cosmetics" also comes from the same source which, technically speaking, constitutes any kind of adornment that transforms something ugly and disordered into something beautiful and well-ordered.

The apostle Peter, however, stresses that genuine cosmetics are not used to beautify one's outward appearance, but to transform a believer's life by the Holy Spirit. When one's heart and life are changed from a spiritual chaos into a purposeful cosmos through redeeming trust in Christ, the change then soon becomes apparent in the outward appearance as well. The ornament of a gentle and quiet spirit soon shows up in a peaceful and radiant countenance.

Similarly, the apostle Paul urges that Christian "women adorn themselves in modest apparel . . . not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works" (1 Timothy 2:9-10). Thus, in addition to a quiet and gentle spirit, the true Christian cosmetology is an array of good works.

Finally, the Christian herself (or himself!) should be a beautiful cosmetic adornment to the very gospel of Christ, "that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things" (Titus 2:10). HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Truthonly(m): 1:51pm On Aug 23, 2009
Take The Land,
Giants And All!

There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of
thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail
thee, nor forsake thee. Be strong and of a good courage: for unto
this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I
sware unto their fathers to give them (Joshua 1:5-6).

Caleb was one of the twelve spies Moses sent to
spy out the land of Canaan. When they
returned, ten of them had an evil faithless report about the
land. But Caleb and Joshua spoke by faith. God rewarded
Caleb’s faith by promising to give him a portion of the
land as an inheritance. This land, as we would later discover
in Joshua 14, was no ordinary land, but one occupied by
giants.
God has called you to a life of endless testimonies.
Nevertheless, He doesn’t give you “free lands” to conquer;
He gives you lands with giants. Some Christians don’t seem
to like this idea; they wish they could just go on in life
everyday without having to face any trouble. But God only
allows troubles to come to you because He knows they’re
like an exam; they challenge your faith, and overcoming
them leads to your promotion.
Caleb overcame his challenges by faith. The Bible tells
us how forty-five years after God made the promise to
him, at the age of eighty-five, Caleb took his land and drove
out the giants from it (Joshua 15:14).
When you encounter troubles in your walk of faith,
the Lord expects you to face them squarely and overcome
them. Refuse to fear or worry, for anxiety never works.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2009
Come Deeper

WORD 1:

Beloved, you have been entering into a deeper awareness of My manifest
presence with you. Now I desire to take you even deeper into that
awareness. The format is different than you are used to, but I am the
same.

My desire is to bless you by bringing you even deeper into the awareness
of My presence with you. Some of My children are hesitant, but remember,
it is I and not you who will initiate this.

All I ask of any one of you is that you take the first step of faith.
Then I will do the rest for you and thru you.

WORD 2:

God showed me a picture where the Lord is holding each one of us. Our
heads are on His chest, turned so that the right ear is against His
heart. And His right arm is wrapped around us, and His right hand is on
our left ear.

I think the Lord is saying how pleased He is that we are seeking His
heart. He wants us to hear His very heart beat, and as we are so close
to Him. He is literally filling our other ear with His words that we are
to share. I see Him whispering things in our ears to encourage us.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:44am On Aug 24, 2009
Interpreting the Bible
August 24, 2009

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." (2 Peter 1:20-21)

One basic reason why so many people seem to have trouble understanding the Bible is that they try to "interpret" it to fit their private opinions. The Greek word for "private" (idios) is related to such English words as "idiom" and "idiosyncrasy," and this key passage warns us against any exposition of Scripture which is based on the teacher’s pet doctrinal or behavioral prejudices. A reader or hearer of the Word of God whose "heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing" will be unable to "understand" (Matthew 13:15) because he comes with his mind and heart already bound to his own opinions.

The Bible does not need to be "interpreted" at all. In every other New Testament reference to "interpretation," except the one in our text (which means "explanation" or "exposition"wink, the meaning is simply "translation." The Bible does, of course, need to be correctly translated from Greek and Hebrew into English and other national languages, but that is all. God is able to say what He means, and He wants to communicate His authoritative Word to men and women of obedient hearts, who are willing to devote diligent study to all the Scriptures (2 Timothy 2:15; Hebrews 5:12-14), to obey them (James 1:22), and then teach them to others (2 Timothy 2:2, 24-26) carefully, and clearly, and graciously.

To such students of the Word, the promise is: "Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God" (Proverbs 2:3-5). HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 9:52am On Aug 24, 2009
1st Love (part 2)

You have heard, "the wealth of the wicked is laid up for the righteous." And many are asking why I have not yet released wealth to them. Heart motivations are being weighed in the balance and many have been found lacking. James told you that you have not because you ask not and when you ask you ask with wrong motives. You say your desire for money is for the purpose of giving to charity, but if you are not faithful with little, you will not be faithful with[i] much[/i]. If you are not faithful now, what you have will be handed over to one who is. I do not honor faithless promises to be obedient "when there is enough". The real desire is to spend wealth on things that can be shown to make others think they are blessed of Me! (See James 4:2-4; Matthew 25:14-30)

Do you not know you are building your own kingdom with this thinking, and not the Kingdom of Heaven? Child, you want the wealth of the unrighteous to spend on yourself and yet do not see the wickedness of this thinking!

Many of you have already lost much and you may think I am pouring salt on your wounds, but I am not a god of torture. It has always been My desire to bring people to a place where they know they have to change directions, like Balaam, or they will perish. Do I want you to walk in the error of Balaam? Must a donkey rebuke you? (See Numbers 22:1-35, Jude 11, Revelation 2:14)

Return to your 1st Love! Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is near! Remember from where you have fallen.
Do the deeds you did at first. (See Revelation 2:4)
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Truthonly(m): 10:19am On Aug 24, 2009
Your Victory

But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our
Lord Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 15:57).

As a Christian, you’re born into the life of victory.
The Bible says “For whatsoever is born of God
overcometh the world…” (1 John 5:4). God expects you to
experience victory everyday. As far as He is concerned,
there is no challenge big enough and no demon powerful
enough to stop you from walking in victory! He has brought
you into the victorious life. The only thing you need do is
to walk in the light of that victory.
Live with the consciousness that you’re a victor in
Christ Jesus; have the mindset of a victor. The Bible lets us
know that we are partakers of the divine nature (2 Peter
1:4). In other words, you have God’s nature of success
and victory; you’re indomitable in this life. Have this
consciousness. Let it become your meditation today, that
you’re an overcomer and a victor in Christ Jesus!
When God looks at you, He doesn’t see someone in
need of deliverance or help. He sees someone who is
more than a conqueror! He sees a victor in Christ Jesus.
You’ve been called into the victorious life, walk in the light
of your victory over the world, the devil and the
circumstances of life!”
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 9:51am On Aug 25, 2009
A People
I’m looking for a people whose steps are on the narrow path.
Who have paid the price no regrets no looking back.
Whose eyes are single focused on eternity abiding with Me.
Whose lamp is My Word a light unto their feet.

Who are not ashamed of the cross they bare rejection, lashings (of the tongue) they gladly bare, as they remember, of My sufferings they must partake.

Dying to the flesh coming alive in My Spirit of My kingdom they will
surely partake.

Waiting for their inheritance the devil’s yoke they will soon break a people full of My glory light that dispels the darkness, authority that rules that old snake the serpent that deceives and in the darkness he lurks; waiting to snatch those that disobey My Word that he can take to the lake of fire,
the eternal abode of torment.

Oh My children, be prepared for the midnight hour.
Be as the wise virgins, not of the foolish ones that are deceived into eternal punishment they will be.
Call upon Me and I will show you the way of righteousness it only comes through Me.

You may partake of My Sabbath, a rest from your works. All the laws written on stone I did complete; written upon your hearts is where My new laws should be; for did I not say, in your heart I will reside? For those that accept Me and want to be My bride.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2009
Of Spiritual Gifts

The Holy Spirit approached a group of believers that are seeking spiritual gifts, then he quietly he hands a small beautifully wrapped package to one of them. He receives it with great joy and proudly shows it to everyone -- but soon everyone has seen the package and he wearies of carrying it around and begins to set it down when its inconveniences him. It is not long until the package is all but forgotten, and kicked out of the way under a chair.

The Holy Spirit sadly retrieves the unopened discarded gift, wipes of the dust and grime and approaches another believer. This one also receives the gift but is perplexed at it being so tightly wrapped and securely tied up. He works at the knot in the red ribbon then attempts to peel off the cords and wrapping but makes very little progress.

After some effort he notices that other people are watching his clumsy attempts at opening the gift. Soon he becomes very embarrassed by the apparent futility of his efforts. With a shrug of his shoulders, remarks to the watchers that the gift must not have been meant for him, and tossing it aside walks away.

The Holy Spirit again retrieves the discarded gift. As tears fall from his eyes he remembers how expensive and difficult the gift was to obtain.

The package, now quite tattered is given to yet a third person. This one only takes it because of the expression of love in the eyes of the Holy Spirit, as the gift itself is rather unappealing, the ribbon is frayed and split, the paper is ripped and soiled. What of any value could be wrapped so humbly? Yet the earnest expression of love in the face of the giver compels him to receive it.

Testing the security of the wrapping he also finds it resists every attempt to be opened but remembering the love that gave it, he prays for wisdom to unwrap it. It then occurs to him that a sword hangs at his side, with it he cuts through the ribbon and cords. The wrapping is easily pulled away to reveal the gift.

He is visibly disappointed to see the gift is nothing but a small somewhat cloudy mirror. He thinks to throw it away but remembering the expression of love that gave it, he takes it to a well-lighted room.

To his astonishment he sees in his own reflection, the Glory of God!

---

The gifts of the Spirit are a burden easily discarded to those who desire them for show. They are embarrassingly difficult to obtain for those who depend upon human skill and strength. Their appearance has been marred by those who show contempt for them.

It is by the wisdom of God and the sword of the Spirit that they are revealed. It is the love of God that allows us to see His glory through them!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:39pm On Aug 25, 2009
Spiritual Hygiene
August 25, 2009

"But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness. For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come." (1 Timothy 4:7-cool

We are bombarded these days with diet plans, exercise programs, health foods, beauty aids, etc.--all aimed at improving our lives or lifestyles. These may profit a "little," and should not be ignored, but we must never allow a preoccupation with physical things to negate our true priorities.

Spiritual hygiene is much more important than physical hygiene. As infants, we should "desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby" (1 Peter 2:2). For adults, "strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age" (Hebrews 5:14)--those who are no longer "unskillful in the word of righteousness" (v. 13).

We are to be "nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine" (1 Timothy 4:6), and admonished to profess "sound |literally 'healthy'| doctrine" (Titus 1:9; 2:1) and healthy "faith" (1:13; 2:2), as well as healthy "charity" and "patience" (2:2), and use healthy "speech" (2:cool.

Exercise must not be ignored, but it should be "exercise . . . unto godliness" (1 Timothy 4:7), enabling us to "discern both good and evil" (Hebrews 5:14). It may take the form of chastisement, which "yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness"
(12:11).

And, of course, cleanliness is important. "Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word" (Psalm 119:9). Christ gave Himself "that he might sanctify and cleanse |the church| with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish" (Ephesians 5:26-27). JDM

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (115)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / If The Sexual Urge Is Too Strong & You Are Not Married, Just Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.