Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,094 members, 7,863,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:23 AM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (116358 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (115) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:58am On Oct 25, 2009
Henrygirl:

I found this video and wanted to remember a dear Sister in Christ who is now gone into Glory with our Lord. Her ministry was and still remains one of the most anointed ministries I have ever known. Her name is Kathryn Kuhlman, who is also the inspiration for Pastor Benny Hinn's world reaching ministry. I praise God for her! I would encourage anyone to listen to her sermons for she was a wonderful teacher.

Kathryn Kuhlman - Holy Spirit Christian Gospel Sermon

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAEgr8Tz5rA&hl=en&fs=1&border=1[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAEgr8Tz5rA

Thanks for this clip of one of God's generals.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:02am On Oct 25, 2009
On behalf of Henrygirl.

Henrygirl:

"He Is Exalted" by Shane & Shane

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km2jPqoTtew&hl=en&fs=1&border=1[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km2jPqoTtew

Lyrics:

He is exalted
The King is exalted on high
And I will praise Him
He is exalted forever exalted
And I will praise His name

For He is the Lord
Forever His truth shall reign
Heaven and earth
Rejoice in His Holy name
He is exalted
The King is exalted on high
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:20am On Oct 25, 2009
Henrygirl:

“Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit”, says the Lord (Zech. 4:6)

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31)

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)

Where would we be without Christ?

"Without You" by Kirk Franklin

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDzbwwrfRhk&hl=en&fs=1&border=1[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rFnjhzdF24&feature=related

Lyrics:

Verse 1
I can take a plane high up in the sky and fly for a million miles
Write a melody so sweet, make a tear turn into a smile
I can see the color of spring I can even feel the weather change
And soon the leaves fall and winter calls,
’cause nothing ever stays the same
When I think of where I’ve been, what I’ve done and all I own
How I think I know everything, like I made it here on my own
And like the wind that blows, like a flower that grows
Still with all I can do

Chorus 1
(Without You) life’s a song with no end
Without You, like having a heart that won’t mend
Without You, we’re just actors on a stage
Like a child who’s lost his way
Wouldn’t be here today without You

Verse 2
I admit that sometimes pride tries to hide my view
And even this gift that you gave me, I forget it’s for You
And all the many days and many ways Your grace I’ve abused
Still you were patient and Your love loved me through
But the wind still blows and the flower still grows and one thing is still true.

( Repeat Chorus 1)

Chorus 2
(Without You) life’s a wound that won’t heal
Without You, nothing in this world is for real
Without You, we're just actors on a stage
Like a child who's lost his way
Wouldn't be here today without You

Bridge
Can’t live, can’t see Your will for me
Can’t do anything
Anything

(Repeat Chorus 1)
(Repeat Chorus 2)

Vamp
Without You, we’re like a bride with no groom
Without You, it’s like seeing no sunshine in June
Without You, we’re just actors on a stage
Like a child who’s lost his way
We wouldn’t be here today
Without You, Jesus my life would be lost.
Without You, I’ll never know what it cost
To see You, lay Your life down for me
From my past now I’m free
Tell me where would I be without You.
Tell me where would I be without You

I can take a plane high up in the sky and fly for a million miles

I could not post the exact link because it was disabled.  I hope this alternative video will similar to the one you posted?
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Henrygirl(f): 1:37am On Oct 25, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Thanks for this clip of one of God's generals.

Olaadegbu, you have heard of her? Wonderful! She inspires me even today. Thank you for helping me with the videos. Thank you!

OLAADEGBU:

I could not post the exact link because it was disabled. I hope this alternative video will similar to the one you posted?

I like this video alot. You have done well, my Brother. It reminds me of when I used to watch presentations of the life of Jesus as a child. I remember feeling all the emotions of seeing his death and resurrection. I was a girl and could feel the sadness of seeing our Lord suffer and die upon that crucifix. It made me cry. But whenever I saw His Resurrection, I felt the intensity of His victory and I would cheer uncontrollably! I was reminded of those intimate moments as I watched this video with this song. Thank you again!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:17am On Oct 25, 2009
Henrygirl:

Olaadegbu, you have heard of her? Wonderful! She inspires me even today. Thank you for helping me with the videos. Thank you!

Yes, I have heard a lot of her stories through Benny Hinn's ministrations. Those who were privileged to attend her meetings in those days were certainly blessed. Her ministry lives on through Benny Hinn who got his ministry started through Kathryn Kulman's preaching. God bless you for giving us the url to her ministrations.

Henrygirl:

I like this video alot. You have done well, my Brother. It reminds me of when I used to watch presentations of the life of Jesus as a child. I remember feeling all the emotions of seeing his death and resurrection. I was a girl and could feel the sadness of seeing our Lord suffer and die upon that crucifix. It made me cry. But whenever I saw His Resurrection, I felt the intensity of His victory and I would cheer uncontrollably! I was reminded of those intimate moments as I watched this video with this song. Thank you again!

I am pleased that the video posted is a blessing to you. You have been a blessing to us on this thread and may the good Lord continually bless you on a daily basis. In Jesus' name.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Henrygirl(f): 2:47am On Oct 25, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Yes, I have heard a lot of her stories through Benny Hinn's ministrations. Those who were privileged to attend her meetings in those days were certainly blessed. Her ministry lives on through Benny Hinn who got his ministry started through Kathryn Kulman's preaching. God bless you for giving us the url to her ministrations.

Oh what an awesome testimony she has! She believed what God had called her to do was originally meant for a man, but he didn't answer the call so God gave the ministry to her. I love Pastor Benny Hinn and Reinhardt Bonnke. I am a partner to Benny Hinn's World Outreach Ministry and he's having a conference in Mobile, Alabama (USA), which is only an hour and a half from where I live. It will occur in November and I am praying to attend. I have received some tickets for this conference, so I am also believing to take people with me (should I be able to go).

Thank you for your kind words to me and I pray that the Good Lord continually bless you daily, as well.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:37pm On Oct 25, 2009
Separation from God
October 25, 2009

"And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden." (Genesis 4:16)

This is a very sad and ominous verse, foreshadowing the tragic fate of all those who "have gone in the way of Cain" (Jude 11).  "A fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth," God had said (Genesis 4:12), destined to a restless life of moving to and fro in "the land of Nod" (literally, "the land of wandering") all the rest of his days.

Cain's basic sin was not just the murder of Abel.  "And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous" (1 John 3:12).  "By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts" (Hebrews 11:4).  Abel's work of sacrifice was judged righteous by God, and Cain's was not, because Cain "was of that wicked one" (1 John 3:12).  He had refused to offer the blood of an acceptable sacrifice for his sins (and thus forfeited God's witness that he was righteous), instead offering the fruits of the cursed ground, produced by his own efforts.  But then Abel's shed blood entered that ground, so even it could " . . . not henceforth yield unto thee her strength" (Genesis 4:12), and Cain became a wanderer.

Thus it will be in eternity for all those who refuse to come to God through the blood of the one acceptable Sacrifice, His own righteous Son.  They shall "have no rest day nor night" (Revelation 14:11), like "wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever" (Jude 13), "who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord" (2 Thessalonians 1:9).

Such eternal separation from God is the very essence of hell.  In glorious contrast to such a prospect, all who come to God through Christ will "ever be with the Lord" (1 Thessalonians 4:17). HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 2:29pm On Oct 25, 2009
+       Truly I say to you, in these days My holy apostles and prophets shall once again be held in high esteem by those who truly love Me - and many will rejoice as they come to realize that My holy apostles and prophets are vessels of deliverance and great spiritual elevation for them in this most critical hour. For in them I have made the provision for my people to be helped [for I still require perfect obedience of every one of My children] into the fullness of their inheritance in Christ - a position from which ALL true Kingdom-position and service begins.

"The priests and the Levites purified themselves; they also purified the people, the gates and the wall,  and on that day they offered great sacrifices and rejoiced because God had given them great joy, even the women and children rejoiced, so that the joy of Jerusalem was heard from afar,  for Judah rejoiced over the priests and Levites who served",   Nehemiah 12:30, 43-44  NASB
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Henrygirl(f): 1:10am On Oct 26, 2009
To all my Sisters and Brothers in Christ, I dedicate this song to you. We may never lay eyes upon one another in this life, so by God's Grace & Mercy, I will see you in Heaven. I do know that I thank God we are One Body and we all need one another, which is a wonderful part of God's plan. I praise God and thank Him for you! Please sing this song with me, while we celebrate one another! We are family. God bless us all!

"I Need You To Survive" by Pastor Hezekiah Walker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUUHPDUsLJ0

Lyrics:

I need you, you need me.
We're all a part of God's body.
Stand with me, agree with me.

It is his will, that every need be supplied.
You are important to me, I need you to survive.
(repeat 3X)

I pray for you, You pray for me.
I love you, I need you to survive.
I won't harm you with words from my mouth.
(repeat 8 X)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:28am On Oct 26, 2009
The time you have spent walking in Love in the face of even extreme "adversity" will reap great peace [divine prosperity] on every front for you in this final hour, My beloved ones. And in your remaining days you will move to and fro throughout the earth accomplishing all of My Will perfectly, and great is your reward - both in this age and in the ages to come.

, "For now we are looking in a mirror that gives only a dim (blurred) reflection [of reality as in a riddle or enigma], but then [when perfection comes] we shall see in reality and face to face! Now I know in part (imperfectly), but then I shall know and understand fully and clearly, even in the same manner as I have been fully and clearly known and understood [by God]. And so faith, hope, love abide [faith--conviction and belief respecting man's relation to God and divine things; hope--joyful and confident expectation of eternal salvation; love--true affection for God and man, growing out of God's love for and in us], these three; but the greatest of these is love", 1 Corinthians 13:12-13 The Amplified Translation

JESUS:

+ Tell My people to base their "reality" upon that which I have said and done in this most critical hour - and not on that which the Evil One has said [lies] and done [adverse circumstances - storms].

, "Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. "And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. "Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. "The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell - and great was its fall", Matthew 7:24-27 NASB

, "For our light, momentary affliction (this slight distress of the passing hour) is ever more and more abundantly preparing and producing and achieving for us an everlasting weight of glory [beyond all measure, excessively surpassing all comparisons and all calculations, a vast and transcendent glory and blessedness never to cease!], Since we consider and look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are visible are temporal (brief and fleeting), but the things that are invisible are deathless and everlasting. 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 The Amplified Translation
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:02am On Oct 26, 2009
Henrygirl:

To all my Sisters and Brothers in Christ, I dedicate this song to you. We may never lay eyes upon one another in this life, so by God's Grace & Mercy, I will see you in Heaven. I do know that I thank God we are One Body and we all need one another, which is a wonderful part of God's plan. I praise God and thank Him for you! Please sing this song with me, while we celebrate one another! We are family. God bless us all!

"I Need You To Survive" by Pastor Hezekiah Walker

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUUHPDUsLJ0&hl=en&fs=1&border=1[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUUHPDUsLJ0

Lyrics:

I need you, you need me.
Stand with me, agree with me.

(repeat 3X)

I pray for you, You pray for me.
I won't harm you with words from my mouth.
(repeat 8 X)

God is doing a new thing in His Church as this wave of unity is beginning to take place. This has been witnessed in Abuja, the capital of Nigeria and is sweeping throughout the nation. We just concluded the Uk version yesterday (fresh focus) where members of different denominations came together for an evangelistic outreach. Surely, the prayer of John 17 by our Lord and Master is being answered. We need to come together to fulfil the mission that the Lord has committed into our hands and help one another fulfil this mandate.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 4:34pm On Oct 26, 2009
please guys PRAY AND COVER YOU FAMILY WITH THE BLOOD OF JESUS EVERYDAY THE SWINE FLU IS GOING TO GET WORST.
PLEASE DO IT AND PRAY ALSO AGAINST NATURAL DISASTER THIS FROM SPIRIT OF GOD

PLEASE DO IT AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS CHRISTIAN
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:17pm On Oct 26, 2009
The Eternal Earth
October 26, 2009

"Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever." (Psalm 104:5)

Secular astronomers and geologists have become increasingly concerned that the earth might be shattered some day by a collision with a swarm of asteroids, or even with a star.  Apart from this, they say, the sun is going to burn out (or maybe explode!), and this would also terminate the earth.  Possibly some future nuclear war will set off a chain reaction which will disintegrate the earth.

We can allay their fears.  God has assured us that both the heavens and the earth will abide forever.  He is the Creator, and, being omniscient, He does not make mistakes.

Note a few of the verses which verify this, in addition to our text: "Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: thou hast established the earth, and it abideth" (Psalm 119:90).

"Praise ye him, sun and moon: . . . all ye stars of light. . . . for he commanded, and they were created. He hath also stablished them for ever and ever" (Psalm 148:3, 5-6).

"|David's| seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.  It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven" (Psalm 89:36-37).

"They that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever" (Daniel 12:3).

The earth will not last forever in its present form, of course, for it is under God's curse because of man's sin.  In their present form, the earth and the heavens are "pass|ing| away," Jesus said (Matthew 24:35), and one day the very "elements shall melt" and the earth "shall be burned up" (2 Peter 3:10).  But then, "according to his promise," God will create "new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness" (2 Peter 3:13), and then it "shall remain before me, saith the Lord" (Isaiah 66:22). HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:19pm On Oct 26, 2009
grace5:

please guys PRAY AND COVER YOU FAMILY WITH THE BLOOD OF JESUS EVERYDAY THE SWINE FLU IS GOING TO GET WORST.

Thank you and God richly bless you for this timely warning.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Henrygirl(f): 10:34pm On Oct 26, 2009
Our God is faithful and just to fulfill everything He promised in His Word. He is faithful to save our souls, as well as faithful to be with us forevermore. He is faithful to always love us and deliver us from every calamity, trial and tribulation. He is a faithful Father, Lover, and Friend. He will never leave us nor forsake us. Our God is faithful to forgive our sins and to wash us clean in His Blood. Even when we suffer or face difficulties, He is faithful to give us complete victory for His glory. Today, I want to say "Thank You Lord!" for all that You are! I want to thank you for your Holy Spirit, who leads, purifies, and comforts us until we see You face-to-face! Thank You Wonderful Lord!

"Faithful Is Our God" by Pastor Hezekiah Walker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTqIBTZix5w&feature=related

Lyrics:

Verse1:
Faithful, Faithful
Faithful is our God
(repeat 3x)

Chorus:
I'm reaping the harvest God promised me
Take back what the devil stole from me
And I rejoice today, for I shall recover it all
And I rejoice today, for I shall recover it all.

(Back to 1st Verse)

Verse2:
Holy, Holy, Holy is our God (3x)

Chorus:

Verse3:
Jesus, Jesus
Jesus is our God
(repeat 3x)

Chorus:

Vamp:
Im reaping the harvest God promised me
(As Directed)

And I rejoice today (8x)

Ending:
For I shall recover it all!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Henrygirl(f): 10:47pm On Oct 26, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

God is doing a new thing in His Church as this wave of unity is beginning to take place.  This has been witnessed in Abuja, the capital of Nigeria and is sweeping throughout the nation.  We just concluded the Uk version yesterday (fresh focus) where members of different denominations came together for an evangelistic outreach.  Surely, the prayer of John 17 by our Lord and Master is being answered.  We need to come together to fulfil the mission that the Lord has committed into our hands and help one another fulfil this mandate.

I wholeheartedly concur! Years ago, the Lord told me that many prayers and victories would never be realized until the Church becomes unified. There are things that we need to see God do for us individually, as well as collectively but they will come into fruition only when God's people become on one accord. I believe we are seeing a day when this will happen! I've had dreams where this phenomena occurred! It's like through prayer, we all have the same heart and mind as Christ's. We did not need to verbalize it, because we all knew in the Spirit that it was so! I pray for this unity within the Body of Christ, breaking down every barrier which separates us, in Jesus' name! It will happen, my Sisters and Brothers! I am excited to witness this powerful move of God upon this earth! Thank you for that rhema word, Olaadegbu!

grace5:

I also thank you, my Sister for this most solemn word from the Lord. As a matter of fact, I've heeded the Word that came forth about this new vaccine (Swine Flu). I have informed my friends and family. We will NOT be administered to with this vaccine. Thank you so much and may the Lord bless you and empower you to continue to warn others, in the name of Jesus!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by yommyuk: 11:56pm On Oct 26, 2009
Go the extra Mile

Jesus taught “The Law of the Second Mile.” It simply means the law to do more than what is expected of you.
This means to think and look for extra ways to benefit others. Always remember – Your Rewards Are Determined
by the kind of Problems you are willing to solve.

Matthew 5: 41 “And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him Twain”
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:37am On Oct 27, 2009
We Will Serve the Lord
October 27, 2009

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." (Joshua 24:15)

As Joshua's death approached, he gathered the people around him for a final address and challenge. "Fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served" (v. 14), he exhorted as he reviewed the history of God's provision for Israel. Indeed, God was worthy of their service in light of all He had done for them. Speaking on behalf of the Lord, Joshua used the divine pronoun "I" no less than 17 times in the previous 11 verses, in a majestic listing of His work on their behalf.

There seems to be a twist of irony in Joshua's words. Even though the people adamantly maintained: "therefore will we also serve the LORD; for he is our God" (v. 18), Joshua evidently knew they had already decided not to follow God. He did not offer them a choice between the true God and false gods, he offered them a choice between sets of false gods--those "on the other side of the flood" (i.e., the Euphrates River), or those "in Egypt" (v. 14), or "the gods of the Amorites." None can compare, obviously, to the Lord.

Joshua's point is still applicable today. Man must worship; he must have a god. One may recognise his god as an actual "god"--[/i]an idol to be openly worshipped. Many times today, however, the god is that of human reason, science, evolution, or humanism, and worship is performed unwittingly. Our duty in witnessing includes helping the unsaved to make a knowledgeable choice, pointing out the consequences of their choice of gods. Such a comparison should drive one to the same decision as Joshua's: [i]"as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." JDM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:53am On Oct 27, 2009
Henrygirl:

Our God is faithful and just to fulfill everything He promised in His Word. He is faithful to save our souls, as well as faithful to be with us forevermore. He is faithful to always love us and deliver us from every calamity, trial and tribulation. He is a faithful Father, Lover, and Friend. He will never leave us nor forsake us. Our God is faithful to forgive our sins and to wash us clean in His Blood. Even when we suffer or face difficulties, He is faithful to give us complete victory for His glory. Today, I want to say "Thank You Lord!" for all that You are! I want to thank you for your Holy Spirit, who leads, purifies, and comforts us until we see You face-to-face! Thank You Wonderful Lord!

"Faithful Is Our God" by Pastor Hezekiah Walker

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTqIBTZix5w&hl=en&fs=1&border=1[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTqIBTZix5w&feature=related

Lyrics:

Verse1:
Faithful, Faithful
Faithful is our God
(repeat 3x)

Chorus:

(Back to 1st Verse)

Verse2:
Holy, Holy, Holy is our God (3x)

Chorus:

Verse3:
Jesus, Jesus
Jesus is our God
(repeat 3x)

Chorus:

Vamp:
Im reaping the harvest God promised me
(As Directed)

And I rejoice today (8x)

Ending:
For I shall recover it all!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 12:26pm On Oct 27, 2009
It is a "humble" heart [one that is totally dependent up Me and, thus, righteously motivated in every way] that obtains honor - and ONLY a humble heart.

, ."The fear of the LORD is the instruction for wisdom, And before honor comes humility", Proverbs 15:33 NASB

, "Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, But humility goes before honor", Proverbs 18:12 NASB

, "A man's pride will bring him low, But a humble spirit will obtain honor", Proverbs 29:23 NASB

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:42am On Oct 28, 2009
Daily Manna

The Spring of Hope

TEXT: Psalm 119:81-88

KEY VERSE

"They had almost consumed me upon earth; but I forsook not thy precepts. Quicken me after thy lovingkindness; so shall I keep the testimony of thy mouth" -- Psalm 119:87

The word of God is the bulwark of the believer’s faith.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:02am On Oct 28, 2009
Wall of Fire
October 28, 2009

"For I, saith the LORD, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her." (Zechariah 2:5)

This beautiful promise applies explicitly to Jerusalem in the days to come when "all Israel shall be saved" (Romans 11:26). In the meantime, believers can appropriate it now as an evidence of God's great concern for all His people.

The safest, most secure place in all the world for one of Christ's servants is in the will of God. All around him is an invisible, but invincible, spiritual "wall of fire," both protecting and energizing him. As the psalmist said: "The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them" (Psalm 34:7). Elisha's servant, fearful of the enemy host arrayed against them, was encouraged when his eyes were enabled to see, in answer to Elisha's prayer, that "the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha" (2 Kings 6:17).

The Lord is also like an impregnable wall of mountains surrounding His people: "As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about his people from henceforth even for ever" (Psalm 125:2). The earthly Jerusalem is a foreshadowing of the new Jerusalem, which will have "a wall great and high" (Revelation 21:12), within which will dwell safely forever all "the nations of them which are saved" (Revelation 21:24).

"In that day shall this song be sung. . . . We have a strong city; salvation will God appoint for walls and bulwarks" (Isaiah 26:1). In type now, in reality in eternity, the great wall of mountains and angels and divine fire is none other than our great salvation in Christ: "Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise" (Isaiah 60:18). HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 11:17am On Oct 28, 2009
The Devil will attempt anything to get My people away from the absolute Truth that is being revealed in this hour. Therefore, it falls upon each one of My children to set themselves in a position VERY close to Me [the place of revelation - the "inner chamber"] so that in and by the power of My Spirit they can be directed [led] to those that I have raised up for their greatest well-being and edification - an edification that will SURELY help lead them into the "fullness" of their true Kingdom-position and destiny, in Christ, in this most glorious hour. Those who continue to "maintain" ANY form of self-desire will SURELY be led astray in this hour [into the wrong position spiritually and locationally]. For one who is holding to self-desire [self-agenda] needs little excuse to depart from My perfect Provision [the Anointed One and His Anointing] - a perfect Provision that ALWAYS convicts [corrects] them when they are even the slightest bit off course.

., "Enter through the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and spacious and broad is the way that leads away to destruction, and many are those who are entering through it. But the gate is narrow (contracted by pressure) and the way is straitened and compressed that leads away to life, and few are those who find it. [Deut. 30:19; Jer. 21:8.]", Matthew 7:13-14 The Amplified Translation

, "And His gifts were [varied; He Himself appointed and gave men to us] some to be apostles (special messengers), some prophets (inspired preachers and expounders), some evangelists (preachers of the Gospel, traveling missionaries), some pastors (shepherds of His flock) and teachers. His intention was the perfecting and the full equipping of the saints (His consecrated people), [that they should do] the work of ministering toward building up Christ's body (the church), [That it might develop] until we all attain oneness in the faith and in the comprehension of the [full and accurate] knowledge of the Son of God, that [we might arrive] at really mature manhood (the completeness of personality which is nothing less than the standard height of Christ's own perfection), the measure of the stature of the fullness of the Christ and the completeness found in Him. So then, we may no longer be children, tossed [like ships] to and fro between chance gusts of teaching and wavering with every changing wind of doctrine, [the prey of] the cunning and cleverness of unscrupulous men, [gamblers engaged] in every shifting form of trickery in inventing errors to mislead. Rather, let our lives lovingly express truth [in all things, speaking truly, dealing truly, living truly]. Enfolded in love, let us grow up in every way and in all things into Him Who is the Head, [even] Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One). For because of Him the whole body (the church, in all its various parts), closely joined and firmly knit together by the joints and ligaments with which it is supplied, when each part [with power adapted to its need] is working properly [in all its functions], grows to full maturity, building itself up in love", Ephesians 4:11-16 The Amplified Translation
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by tourmaline(f): 1:14pm On Oct 29, 2009
i am so happy i can find a place where i can fellowship with people of like minds on NL
i didnt know religion aspect has this section where one can get close to God in fact i an delighted. Thank you all for keeping the thread and holding the forte i wont miss it anymore for the world
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by tourmaline(f): 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2009
i have a word from the lord today and its
58:6
Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

58:7
Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

58:8
Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.

58:9
Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;

58:10
And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noon day:

58:11
And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

58:12
And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

58:13
If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

58:14
Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

its abit personal but i feel i should share maybe GOD will speak to sum1 thru it
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by bukystar: 2:35pm On Oct 29, 2009
This is my first time on this thread, Guys I'm really blessed by what is happening here.

The grace of God upon every member will be multiplied in Jesus' name.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 6:07pm On Oct 29, 2009
It is only as My children set themselves to walk outside of My Covenants [through continued wilful words and actions] that they will experience shame and disgrace. For is it not written, "Fear not, for you will not be put to shame; And do not feel humiliated, for you will not be disgraced?" Truly I say to you, I am the Faithful One, and NEVER will those who are faithful to Me experience humiliation or disgrace - even in the face of the greatest attack that Satan can "devise" against them.

"devise" - to contrive, plan;

, "Fear not, for you will not be put to shame; And do not feel humiliated, for you will not be disgraced", Isaiah 54:4a NASB
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 6:16pm On Oct 29, 2009
GOD SAYS :
It's Time To Mingle

It's TIME to Mingle with God, Enoch mingled with God and was not, selah. It's time to mingle and be single. It's time to believe and to receive. It's time to reign in the RAIN. It's time to be ONE and to run.

It's time for the clean hands and the pure hearts to ascend into the mountain of the Lord, for they will see GOD, and it is time to see GOD!

It is time for the heathen to become our inheritance and the uttermost parts of the earth to become our possession!

Surrender, surrender, surrender ALL. Pass out of your flesh and into My flesh, pass out of your fear if you want to be near, pass out of you and into me and you will finally be free!

Come and get ointment for your eye's to destroy ALL lies!

It is time for this and much, much more, you see I have opened up the Door!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:49pm On Oct 29, 2009
The Sacrifice of Praise
October 29, 2009

"By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name." (Hebrews 13:15)

A sacrifice is a costly thing. But the sacrifices which God desires are not merely animals on an altar, or fruits of the harvest, or gifts of money and goods. "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit" (Psalm 51:17). "For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt-offerings" (Hosea 6:6). "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice" (Romans 12:1).

But how can praise and giving thanks to His name be considered a sacrifice? This is "the fruit of our lips." The ancient prophet even called it "the calves of our lips" (Hosea 14:2). To bear the fruit of praise on our lips means sowing the seeds of praise in our hearts, "for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh" (Matthew 12:34).

Note that the sacrifice of praise must be offered continually to qualify as a true sacrifice. "Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be" (James 3:10). "Let your speech be always with grace" (Colossians 4:6).

Consider the example of Paul and Silas: After casting them into prison for preaching the gospel, "the magistrates rent off their clothes . . . laid many stripes on them . . . and made their feet fast in the stocks" (Acts 16:22-24). Yet, instead of cursing or complaining, "at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God" (Acts 16:25).

That was a genuine sacrifice! "In every thing give thanks" (1 Thessalonians 5:18). No matter how difficult the circumstances, those who know the Lord always have much for which to praise His name and so should offer such sacrifices continually. HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by bukystar: 8:05am On Oct 30, 2009
@oladeegbu and grace5,

Your exhortation met me at the point of my need this morning, and I must confess that God used you guys to uplift me.

I never knew that great treasures like this are on this forum, I'm very happy for discovering this.

May God increase your wisdom bank in Jesus' name
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by tourmaline(f): 8:21am On Oct 30, 2009
I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way

to receive, one must stoop so it is that the scrpture, the word is saying to us today that meekness is a pre-requisite to receiving instructions from the LORD.
it is well
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by na2day2(m): 9:06am On Oct 30, 2009
tourmaline:

i am so happy i can find a place where i can fellowship with people of like minds on NL
i didnt know religion aspect has this section where one can get close to God in fact i an delighted. Thank you all for keeping the thread and holding the forte i wont miss it anymore for the world

welcome aboard wink wink

tourmaline:

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

one of my favorite scriptures smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (115)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / If The Sexual Urge Is Too Strong & You Are Not Married, Just Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.