Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? (2630 Views)

The Real Truth!,origin Of Islam And Christainity. / What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? / Any Muslims Who Converted To Christainity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:43pm On Aug 11, 2008
Please Read Carefully before you post,
I know most people are gutted being that we have a society that is extremely homophobic, but just like you there was a time in Calabar when the birth of twins was also viewed as a taboo so if you have never taken the time out to read and research about this topic I would advice you to do so before you post it doesn't matter what your position is as long as you do it from a position of having examined the facts.

Christian leaders have written about homosexual male-male sexual activities since the first decades of Christianity; female-female sexual behaviour was essentially ignored. Throughout the majority of Christian history most theologians and Christian denominations have viewed homosexual behavior as immoral or sinful. However, in the past century some prominent theologians and Christian religious groups have espoused a wide variety of beliefs and practices towards homosexuals, including the establishment of some 'open and accepting' congregations.

Liberal Christian view

Liberal Christians believe that Biblical passages have been mistranslated or that these passages do not refer to homosexuality. Liberal Christian scholars, like conservative Christian scholars, accept earlier versions of the Bible in Hebrew or Greek. However within these early Bibles there are many terms that liberals have interpreted differently than previous generations of scholars. They are concerned with copying errors, forgery, and of biases among the translators of later Bibles.

Conservative Christian view

Conservative Christians belong to the traditional marriage movement, which believe that only unions between one man and one woman should be legally defined as marriages. They interpret biblical verses on homosexuality to mean that homosexuality is against God's will.
Furthermore, they believe that the heterosexual family is divinely inspired,commanded of God, and that homosexual relationships undermines heterosexual marriage.They interpret some Biblical passages such as "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh"(Gen 2:24) and "Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord"(1 Corn 11:11) as evidence of the God-given nature of the heterosexual family.

Nature or Nurture

In debating sexual orientation, much is unknown; according to Charles Darwin, ", we do not even in the least know the final cause of sexuality.  The whole subject is hidden in darkness." .  Although the APA currently states that sexual orientation is not a choice, rather that ", it emerges from most people in early adolescence with no prior sexual experience" social theorists argue that an individual's upbringing can directly influence this [sexual orientation].  Also tied in with many of these debates is the morality of homosexuality.  But the purpose of this examination is not to prove whether or not homosexuality is right or wrong, but rather to establish a thorough understanding of the biological and social theories surrounding the cause of homosexuality.

So read get informed and say what you think!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_and_Christianity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_animals
http://allpsych.com/journal/homosexuality.html
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by Gamine(f): 3:48pm On Aug 11, 2008
In the matters of the truth

my opinion dosnt count especially if its not in line with scriptures.

Scriptures clearly state Homosexuality is an aberration, and is sinful
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by onyinye2(f): 3:49pm On Aug 11, 2008
As a Christian, I do feel Homosexuality is sinful against the Word of the Bible.

But i will not judge one who chooses a life of homosexuality.
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:52pm On Aug 11, 2008
One disputed example is located in Ruth 1:14: "Ruth clave unto her", where the Hebrew word translated as clave is identical to the description of a heterosexual marriage in Genesis 2:24.

what about that?
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by Gamine(f): 3:53pm On Aug 11, 2008
You tell me, What about it?

Its not about Judging, its about correcting.

As Christians we can't afford to have one leg in, one leg out.

If you stand by the Truth, you wont stand by Homosexualism
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by Opslag(m): 3:57pm On Aug 11, 2008
onyinye2:

As a Christian, I do feel Homosexuality is sinful against the Word of the Bible.

But i will not judge one who chooses a life of homosexuality.
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by onyinye2(f): 4:00pm On Aug 11, 2008
Oh that is very nice of you to agree.

I just feel that am not one to Judge a fellow mortal for choosing their path.

There is a higher power that has that in control.(God)

That one who choose this way of life will answer to the Almighty God on Judgment Day and speak their peace.
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by Gamine(f): 4:02pm On Aug 11, 2008
The bible says JUDGE with righteous judgement

Shanking this, dosnt make you any better.

This is one trap many Christians have fallen into
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by onyinye2(f): 4:07pm On Aug 11, 2008
All I'm saying Gamine is that when i come across one who chooses this lifestyle, of course i will tell them what they do is sinful against The Bible.

If that person knows that then, that is there business.

God knows the fate of these people.
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by Gamine(f): 4:15pm On Aug 11, 2008
Sure.
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by ssRhino: 4:18pm On Aug 11, 2008
There is no 2 ways around or about it, it is a terrible thing.
God is so against it and why would i wanna accomodate it or even people that priactise such? God destroyed Soddom cos of this.
Let us leave bible out of it, why would a man wanna have sex with another man, how sickning could that be, when there are more ladies than men sef.
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by Gamine(f): 4:23pm On Aug 11, 2008
We cannot leave the Bible out of it.

Homosexuality is as innocent as Drinking Water to some people.

We can only stand on the Bible, which clearly states the Natural order

in which God created this world to apply to.
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by ssRhino: 5:06pm On Aug 11, 2008
Gamine:

We cannot leave the Bible out of it.

Homosexuality is as innocent as Drinking Water to some people.

We can only stand on the Bible, which clearly states the Natural order

in which God created this world to apply to.

i am with you on the statement, however, just would like to understand, why a man would wanna leave a nice lady and wanna be screwing a man, what a gross thing.
Adam and Eve aint same as Adam and steve.
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by huxley(m): 5:14pm On Aug 11, 2008
Provide the scriptural evidence that homosexuality is sinful. If it is sinful, is it immoral?
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by madamkoko: 5:17pm On Aug 11, 2008
Divorce and Chrisitanity: What is you position?

Cursing and Christianity: What is your position?
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by ssRhino: 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2008
madamkoko:

make that a different thread
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by madamkoko: 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2008
I'd rather and I think that we should condone someone becoming a outrightly gay person, than a closet gay. Whereby they pretend to build a family, are married to a woman, have kids and just living a false lie.  I think that lying is more harmful to the children, woman, and society at large.
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by Gamine(f): 5:21pm On Aug 11, 2008
Any sin is harmful to the Society-at large

Exactly, create another thread.

I can give you the biblical position on it

my own opinion is irrelevant
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by ssRhino: 5:24pm On Aug 11, 2008
huxley:

Provide the scriptural evidence that homosexuality is sinful. If it is sinful, is it immoral?

Leviticus 20:13: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Do not make a mistake, God loves even those that are practicing homosexualism, but hates the deeds.
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by onyinye2(f): 5:25pm On Aug 11, 2008
$$Rhino:

There is no 2 ways around or about it, it is a terrible thing.
God is so against it and why would i want to accomodate it or even people that priactise such? God destroyed Soddom because of this.
Let us leave bible out of it, why would a man want to have sex with another man, how sickning could that be, when there are more ladies than men sef.
Because that is HIS choice in life. If he wants to live that life, that is his choice. To i agree with it, not at all, but im not going to judge him for it.
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by ssRhino: 5:25pm On Aug 11, 2008
madamkoko:

I'd rather and I think that we should condone someone becoming a outrightly gay person, than a closet gay. Whereby they pretend to build a family, are married to a woman, have kids and just living a false lie.  I think that lying is more harmful to the children, woman, and society at large.

It isnot a matter of what we think is right, and we are not talking about not condoning the pple doing those things, but cant condone the deeds.
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by Gamine(f): 5:26pm On Aug 11, 2008
Its always the Subject, never the OBject

@onyinye, please stop saying that abeg
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by ssRhino: 5:27pm On Aug 11, 2008
onyinye2:

Because that is HIS choice in life. If he wants to live that life, that is his choice. To i agree with it, not at all, but im not going to judge him for it.

I dont have a prob with the pple that practices it, but i have a prob with the practice.
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by AKO1(m): 5:28pm On Aug 11, 2008
madamkoko:

I assume you were stating the obvious and not asking questions.
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by madamkoko: 5:28pm On Aug 11, 2008

My goal here is not to create a thread but imply that everything seems questionable under the christian religion.
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by madamkoko: 5:29pm On Aug 11, 2008
@ A_K_O Thank you!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by onyinye2(f): 5:29pm On Aug 11, 2008
madamkoko:

My goal here is not to create a thread but imply that everything seems questionable under the christian religion.
If you have a problem with it, then leave. No one is forcing you to be Christian or to believe in Christ. It is a choice.

$$Rhino:

I don't have a prob with the people that practices it, but i have a prob with the practice.
You asked why a man would leave a woman to go to another man, and i answered.
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by Gamine(f): 5:31pm On Aug 11, 2008
Questionable?

The bible is plain

nothing hidden
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by ssRhino: 5:31pm On Aug 11, 2008
onyinye2:

If you have a problem with it, then leave. No one is forcing you to be Christian or to believe in Christ. It is a choice.
You asked why a man would leave a woman to go to another man, and i answered.

thanx
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by mazaje(m): 5:32pm On Aug 11, 2008
Leviticus 20:13: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Do not make a mistake, God loves even those that are practicing homosexualism, but hates the deeds  

are you kidding me?

@ madamkoko are you a christain?
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by ssRhino: 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2008
mazaje:

are you kidding me?

@ madamkoko are you a christain?

Kidding u with?
God loves everyone, but doesnt mean that he is happy with all we do
Re: Homosexuality And Christainity: What Is Your Position? by madamkoko: 5:34pm On Aug 11, 2008
@ mazaje: doesn't look like my post.

I don't use the bible to support arguments.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Marry A Virgin And Stay Married All Your Life / The Training Of The Spirit - Pastor Chris / Irrevocable Payment Order Via Atm Card - Yahoo Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.