Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? (13818 Views)

Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. / 7 Types Of Atheists / Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by logicboy01: 3:19am On Jun 22, 2012
I remember this discussion among 3 women on a train. The women were talking about another mother (who wasn't there) who is an atheist and doesnt teach her children about God. The mothers said that they see some "funny" spirits in those children of the atheist. They said that they would prefer it if their children did not mix with the atheist's children, especially at the atheist childrens' homes/birthdays. The children with the women were at least 10 to 15 years old. There were 4 children altogether.

This whole thing got me thinking. I wonder, would you let your children 10-16 have friends that are atheist or children of atheist parents?

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by alexleo(m): 5:38am On Jun 22, 2012
logicboy01: I remember this discussion among 3 women on a train. The women were talking about another mother (who wasn't there) who is an atheist and doesnt teach her children about God. The mothers said that they see some "funny" spirits in those children of the atheist. They said that they would prefer it if their children did not mix with the atheist's children, especially at the atheist childrens' homes/birthdays. The children with the women were at least 10 to 15 years old. There were 4 children altogether.

This whole thing got me thinking. I wonder, would you let your children 10-16 have friends that are atheist or children of atheist parents?

I will not. And i ask, would you train your kids to be atheists?

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 22, 2012
of course.

The bible does not say we (or our children) should not befriend unbelievers...it rather preaches love to all...as long as they respect each other.

20 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Kay17: 8:03am On Jun 22, 2012
How is it possible for there to be love in separation??

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by logicboy01: 8:54am On Jun 22, 2012
alexleo:

I will not. And i ask, would you train your kids to be atheists?

Of course. I will teach my children the 3 major realigions and show them the flaws in them.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by logicboy01: 8:55am On Jun 22, 2012
uhonmora: of course.

The bible does not say we (or our children) should not befriend unbelievers...it rather preaches love to all...as long as they respect each other.

okay grin
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by logicboy01: 8:56am On Jun 22, 2012
Kay 17: How is it possible for there to be love in separation??

I also wonder
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by logicboy01: 10:36am On Jun 22, 2012
logicboy01:

Of course. I will teach my children the 3 major realigions and show them the flaws in them.

Are you not teaching your children to be bigots?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by logicboy01: 1:14pm On Jun 22, 2012
I would let my children play with other kids irrespective of religion. As long as my children are not used for sacrifice. sad

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by UyiIredia(m): 1:17pm On Jun 22, 2012
I'm beginning to see more of frosbel in logicboy. Who agrees with me ?
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by logicboy01: 1:23pm On Jun 22, 2012
Uyi Iredia: I'm beginning to see more of frosbel in logicboy. Who agrees with me ?

I can take any insult BUT NEVER CALL ME FROSBEL! GOD FORBID! angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 22, 2012
Lmao.
I would expose my kids to a lot... make them understand why I believe in what I believe and all, teach them the importance of morals, and make sure they have as many friends as their social capabilities lets them..

Most importantly, I would teach them to be Igbos...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by logicboy01: 2:51pm On Jun 22, 2012
musKeeto: Lmao.
I would expose my kids to a lot... make them understand why I believe in what I believe and all, teach them the importance of morals, and make sure they have as many friends as their social capabilities lets them..

Most importantly, I would teach them to be Igbos...

Cool.
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Ptolomeus(m): 6:19pm On Jun 22, 2012
@ Muskeeto; I liked your presentation. At the forum there are people who forget that it is more important to convey to a child's moral (and why not, the tradition?) that a religious belief. I totally agree with you!.

Older people have our vices. Often segregate, and all segregation is unfair. But history tells us our friend Logicboy, speaks of something far worse!
That there are people who hate their children pass!
I embrace the position Muskeeto ... There are so many beautiful things to teach a child! There are so many moral and ethical values ​​to transmit to children!, To make them better than ourselves!
It's a shame that there are people sick of hate, and who infect their innocent children ... These children, tomorrow will be intolerant as their parents ... they are sick of hate ...

But ... amazingly, this hatred of people who call themselves "religious"!
A contradiction!

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by logicboy01: 10:20pm On Jun 26, 2012

17 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:24pm On Jun 26, 2012
Children are born healthy! No racism whatsoever and without discrimination!
You do not poison!

27 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by logicboy01: 10:26pm On Jun 26, 2012
Ptolomeus: Children are born healthy! No racism whatsoever and without discrimination!
You do not poison!

Gracias amigos!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by okeyxyz(m): 4:23am On Jun 27, 2012
Well, I am a christian(b4 you jump to conclusions, christianity may not be what popular convention/opinion thinks it to be), so I'll teach(& demonstrate) them christianity, but i will not stop them from socializing freely, a true christian is incorruptible, for the earth is the lord's the the fullness thereof, all knowledge & wisdom & power is of god. So if you invite me to a meal, whether you are moslem/hindu/satanist/atheist/whatever, mehn, I'll devour & relish the dishes and even ask for more grin grin

16 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 4:55am On Jun 27, 2012
Nope. Not healthy particularly at the 10-16 age.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by logicboy01: 9:06am On Jun 27, 2012
okeyxyz: Well, I am a christian(b4 you jump to conclusions, christianity may not be what popular convention/opinion thinks it to be), so I'll teach(& demonstrate) them christianity, but i will not stop them from socializing freely, a true christian is incorruptible, for the earth is the lord's the the fullness thereof, all knowledge & wisdom & power is of god. So if you invite me to a meal, whether you are moslem/hindu/satanist/atheist/whatever, mehn, I'll devour & relish the dishes and even ask for more grin grin

Thank you! Patience and tolerance is what we need

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by logicboy01: 9:09am On Jun 27, 2012
davidylan: Nope. Not healthy particularly at the 10-16 age.

What, do you think 10-16 old muslim/atheist/pagan children are good preachers that can convert people or something? Are you not teaching your children bigotry not to associate?

But this is healthy for them;

[img]http://buttonpushingmonkey.files./2011/01/wbc.jpg[/img]

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 06, 2012
hmmmm
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by CrazyMan(m): 4:13pm On Nov 06, 2012
Nope I won't cos I don't think I would have time to start answering silly questions (no thanks to their atheist friends) during our family devotion.

Joshua 1:8. Says train up a child in the way he should grow so when he grows up, he won't depart from it.

As a parent, its my responsibility to bring up my child in way of the lord...

7 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 06, 2012
CrazyMan: Nope I won't cos I don't think I would have time to start answering silly questions (no thanks to their atheist friends) during our family devotion.

Joshua 1:8. Says train up a child in the way he should grow so when he grows up, he won't depart from it.

Isnt that teaching your children to be bigots? "Dont play with those children, they are children of atheists".

What are you afraid of? You cant answer questions on your faith that a child asks you?

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by ijawkid(m): 5:21pm On Nov 06, 2012
logicboy01: I would let my children play with other kids irrespective of religion. As long as my children are not used for sacrifice. sad

There's one thing I'll beg you not to teach your kids....

Please don't teach them that homosexuality is a good moral practice...

Please I'm on my kneels begging...:-).....

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 06, 2012
ijawkid:

There's one thing I'll beg you not to teach your kids....

Please don't teach them that homosexuality is a good moral practice...

Please I'm on my kneels begging...:-).....

Homosexuality is neither good nor bad.

Heres to hoping that you have a homosexual child and you run mad grin grin grin trying to remove the gay from him or her

11 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 07, 2012
Logicboy03:

Homosexuality is neither good nor bad.

Heres to hoping that you have a homosexual child and you run mad grin grin grin trying to remove the gay from him or her
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by logicboy01: 5:14am On Sep 16, 2014
lol
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Zikdik(m): 7:30am On Sep 16, 2014
CrazyMan: Nope I won't cos I don't think I would have time to start answering silly questions (no thanks to their atheist friends) during our family devotion.

No. Joshua 1:8 states that "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success".

Thank me later.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by logicboy01: 6:10am On Sep 21, 2014
Zikdik:
No. Joshua 1:8 states that "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success".

Thank me later.

Good correction. Some of these christians can twist the bible

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 21, 2014
They wouldnt do so, they prefer indoctrinating their children with bullshit right from birth.

Children should be allowed to choose freely what to belief and not forced or punished what believing or not believing. There is nothing like atheist children or christian children or muslim children, they are children for shit sake, they cant decide on their own, let them grow up to choose whatever they like

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by logicboy01: 8:45am On Sep 21, 2014
Peterken05: They wouldnt do so, they prefer indoctrinating their children with bullshit right from birth.

Children should be allowed to choose freely what to belief and not forced or punished what believing or not believing. There is nothing like atheist children or christian children or muslim children, they are children for shit sake, they cant decide on their own, let them grow up to choose whatever they like

I just had to share your comment.

All children are just children. It is we adults that label them "muslim children", christian children etc

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. / Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! / Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.