Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,125 members, 7,957,226 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:26 AM

Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? (1494 Views)

What Your Shoe Says About You (women) / Do Guys Ever Regret Hurting The nice Girl? / The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by Orikinla(m): 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2008
Which one do girls or women prefer, THE SO CALLED "NICE GUY" OR THE HARD GUY?

There are a lot of misconceptions and erroneous or ambiguous connotations on what makes a nice guy or a hard guy.

[size=14pt]Desrochers (1995) claims that many "sensitive" men do not believe that women want "nice guys" due to their personal experiences.[5] According to McDaniel (2005), popular culture and dating advice "suggest that women claim they want a 'nice guy' because they believe that that is what is expected of them when, in reality, they want the so-called 'challenge' that comes with dating a not-so-nice guy." Urbaniak & Kilmann (2003) write that "Although women often portray themselves as wanting to date kind, sensitive, and emotionally expressive men, the nice guy stereotype contends that, when actually presented with a choice between such a 'nice guy' and an unkind, insensitive, emotionally-closed, 'macho man' or 'jerk,' they invariably reject the nice guy in favor of his "so-called" macho competitor."[/size]~
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nice_guy

Read:

[size=14pt]What's wrong with being a nice guy? Plenty, according to a local therapist[/size]

What of the hard woman in contrast to the nice woman?

Do men prefer hard women or nice women?

Personally, I do not think there is really a NICE GUY OR NICE WOMAN, there is only THE GOOD MAN OR THE GOOD WOMAN.

What most people call "Bobo Nice" in Nigeria does not exist again,

[size=14pt]She's always right- This is what those nice guys think about the women they're with. No female prefers a "Yes man". They all prefer guys who have strong beliefs and opinions and who know how to stand up tall and rise to the occasion.

~ http://ezinearticles.com/?Are-You-A-Nice-Guy?---Learn-Why-Women-Dislike-Nice-Guys&id=665670[/size]

Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by onyinye2(f): 5:33pm On Aug 12, 2008
Blah Blah Blah

Keep on spreading your propaganda of "The Formula of Women"

This is just another thread that generalizes women

Why not start seeing women as individual

Tufiakwa.
Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by CodeRED(f): 6:58pm On Aug 12, 2008
Ori, this generalization thingy is becoming a thorn in my flesh.  Yea. sometimes, based on experience with a certain genre, one may want to think that they are all alike, however, we must be openminded when making statements of this magnitude.

To answer your question, I like my guys both nice and hard. Mind you many "little boys" in big men clothes somehow think being a "hard" guy means being abusive( in all forms). Here is where education comes in. Being hard does NOT at all entails those issues. 

A nice guy can be hard and vice versa. My other half posses both qualities. He is hard, yet very nice. wink
Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by annmarien(f): 7:01pm On Aug 12, 2008
the answer to this is simple, -DIEFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS!!!. kapish
Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by jaquan(m): 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2008
this guy are you really that jobless abeg no the crowd nairaland thread with rubbish hard and nice guy my balls! angry
Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by CodeRED(f): 7:12pm On Aug 12, 2008
jaquan:

this guy are you really that jobless abeg no the crowd nairaland thread with rubbish hard and nice guy my balls! angry

Jaquan, be nice cheesy, That's why it's called a forum, where a vagrant can be KING, wink cheesy
Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by Orikinla(m): 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2008
jaquan:

PLEASE, OFFER ME A JOB!
Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by Orikinla(m): 7:24pm On Aug 12, 2008
CodeRED:

Jaquan, be nice cheesy, That's why it's called a forum, where a vagrant can be KING, wink cheesy

Well said.

[size=24pt]Enlighten the people, generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like spirits at the dawn of day.
~ Thomas Jefferson
3rd president of US (1743 - 1826) [/size]

If ignorant respondents know trheir history, they will be wiser in their replies to general topics.

If you know the history of Nigeria, you will also know that I AM NOT JOBLESS OR A SECOND CLASS CITIZEN LIKE MANY PEOPLE HIDING BEHIND A MONIKER AND A COMPUTER ONLINE.

If I spend 12 hours on Nairaland, it is better and safer than most Nigerians who rubbish and tarnish the name of Nigeria online and offline.

CLICK AND READ TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS TO ADDRESS YOUR IGNORANCE.

http://www.amazon.com/tag/ekenyerengozi%20michael%20chima

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P3-1088416011.html

http://www.highbeam.com/Search.aspx?q=Ekenyerengozi+Michael+Chima

DO YOU WANT PUBLISHED WORKS FROM THE JHU/PCS AND UNICEF AND OTHERS SINCE 1980 TO DATE OR FROM THE UNESCO OR WEST AFRICA MAGAZINE

NA YOU GO TIRE OH.

How many summers more
Before the winter of your Swan Song.

[size=18pt]The legacy of knowledge is the greatest heritage.
~ Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima[/size]
Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by topup: 1:54am On Aug 13, 2008
Personally,

I like assertive men, men who think by being a 'yes man' is going to get them in the ladies books are in for a surprise. I like men who steer their own lives, who are willing to defend what they believe in. It's the 'perfect' combination that most women are after, the nice guy, who can stand up for her in a fight or even against her in an argument. They want to feel as if their man is 'raw', not some diluted version. Also, I like charm, a guy who is daring scores points too, daring to say something unexpected or cheeky, not the predictable type. Generally, I would like some excitement in my life, that would be the only explanation for why I would choose a 'bad guy' over the 'nice guy', especially if the nice guy is very safe. Whilst the 'bad guy' swoops in with all his energy and takes me away, the nice guy is more likely to be quiet about it, whilst if it was the other way around, a 'bad guy' would go to extents to prove his 'love' for you.
Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by jgirl3: 1:58am On Aug 13, 2008
I think I'll like a Hard guy with a nice guy alter-ego.
Hard on the outside, nice with me on the inside. Treating me with all the care, respect and love that can possibly be found within any man.
Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by HRhotness(f): 2:00am On Aug 13, 2008
i like nice men who know their worth

who are self assured and confident

who know who they are and what they want

who understand that being nice and well mannered doesnt mean they are weak
Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by Nobody: 2:03am On Aug 13, 2008
A stable man is more on my prefer list.
Hard, Nice, w/e, as long as he's mature and knows what responsibility is and how to carry it out.

Orikinla:

The legacy of knowledge is the greatest heritage.
~ Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima

Exactly.
Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by Hannibal: 2:25am On Aug 13, 2008
HR.hotness:

i like nice men who know their worth

who are self assured and confident

who know who they are and what they want

who understand that being nice and well mannered doesnt mean they are weak

Letz face it. . . . . . .U love Jew Men.
The yes ma'am men. . . . . grin cheesy
Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by HRhotness(f): 2:45am On Aug 13, 2008
Hannibal:

Letz face it. . . . . . .You love Jew Men.
The yes ma'am men. . . . . grin cheesy

They do have their uses wink grin grin
Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by Hannibal: 2:46am On Aug 13, 2008
HR.hotness:

They do have their uses wink grin grin

Of course, they are slave niggaz!!
Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by HRhotness(f): 2:48am On Aug 13, 2008
Hannibal:

Of course, they are slave niggaz!!

everyman wants to be al slave deep down inside . . they just dont knw how to say it wink grin
Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by Hannibal: 2:51am On Aug 13, 2008
HR.hotness:

everyman wants to be al slave deep down inside . . they just don't knw how to say it wink grin

Nah. . . . . .Don't generalise.
I like calling the shotz. . . . If the whistle is not in me mouth, it ain't going down.
Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by debosky(m): 2:52am On Aug 13, 2008
HR.hotness:

everyman wants to be al slave deep down inside . . they just don't knw how to say it wink grin

this is the number 1 delusion affecting women. cry cry
Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by HRhotness(f): 2:53am On Aug 13, 2008
debosky:

this is the number 1 delusion affecting women. cry cry

C'mon Debo

we both knw u want to be my love slave wink
Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by onyinye2(f): 2:54am On Aug 13, 2008
HR.hotness:

everyman wants to be al slave deep down inside . .  they just don't knw how to say it  wink grin
TRUE TALK!!! grin grin grin
They love waiting on us
Hand and foot
Just don't want to admit
So they won't be seen as
SOFT.
Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by debosky(m): 2:55am On Aug 13, 2008
HR.hotness:

C'mon Debo

we both knw u want to be my love slave wink

you THINK i want to be your love slave. tongue

sex yes, but love slave? well i'm not that crazy about role playing.

I see onyinye also has the same delusion cry
Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by HRhotness(f): 2:59am On Aug 13, 2008
debosky:

you THINK i want to be your love slave. tongue

sex yes, but love slave? well i'm not that crazy about role playing.

Thats not what u said last night and all d other nights i had u cuffed to my bed frame wink tongue
Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by tRoOE(f): 3:36am On Aug 13, 2008
I prefer a guy who is hard when his dealing with everyone else but when it comes to me he has to be nice, am the whole person who should be seeing his soft spot
Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by Gabry(f): 4:05am On Aug 13, 2008
@Topic

In between. A abalancy in life is always very important
Re: Who Do You Women Prefer? The Hard Guy Or the "Nice Guy"? by iice(f): 4:33am On Aug 13, 2008
The gra gra one works for me grin grin

A blend would be nice undecided

(1) (Reply)

Godly Relationship / Is This Right Or Wrong / The Engagement Strategy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.