Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

The Engagement Strategy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Engagement Strategy (1463 Views)

Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? / I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? / After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Engagement Strategy by deluxecad(m): 2:56pm On Dec 22, 2009
Does engaging a lady prevent her from her sexual conquest? Pls don't get peeved at my tone tho, many ladies dat got bedded during my school and NYSC years claimed to be engaged or even had a ring to show for it. Does this strategy really work or a waste of precious time?
Re: The Engagement Strategy by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 22, 2009
deluxecad:

Does engaging a MAN prevent HIM from HIM sexual conquest? Pls don't get peeved at my tone tho, many GUYS dat got bedded during my school and NYSC years claimed to be engaged or even had a ring to show for it. Does this strategy really work or a waste of precious time?

This forum is really anti-women, if you hate women so much swing the other way and leave us be.
Re: The Engagement Strategy by victorazy(m): 3:11pm On Dec 22, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

This forum is really anti-women, if you hate women so much swing the other way and leave us be.

"Guilty Conscience" hhaa hhaaaa
Re: The Engagement Strategy by deluxecad(m): 3:11pm On Dec 22, 2009
@Ebonyeyes: No anti-woman campaign here, it's just dat those ladies showed off their engagement emblems all the time and still did crazy stuff u can't beliv. You can hardly hear a guy tell u he's engaged or something. Got it now?
Re: The Engagement Strategy by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 22, 2009
What about the Married men with mistresses? Or is it ok for men? undecided
Re: The Engagement Strategy by deluxecad(m): 3:37pm On Dec 22, 2009
Mistress or none, wat I'm sayin is dat it's senseless 4 some1 2 make promises n engagements u can't live true to. Period.
Re: The Engagement Strategy by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2009
Tell that to the Millions of Nigerian men using "The Marriage strategy" "pffts"
Re: The Engagement Strategy by deluxecad(m): 7:56pm On Dec 22, 2009
Sorry, r u engaged n unfaithful? U sound kinda guilty. Lol.
Re: The Engagement Strategy by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 22, 2009
Pathetic stunt. grin grin lipsrsealed You havnt answered my question.
Re: The Engagement Strategy by Pharoh: 9:23pm On Dec 22, 2009
What the question self?  angry  grin [size=2pt]am back[/size] cheesy
Re: The Engagement Strategy by mamagee3(f): 9:34pm On Dec 22, 2009
Most married men are cheats
End of story
. tongue
Re: The Engagement Strategy by Kelvinj(m): 9:50pm On Dec 22, 2009
mama-gee:

Most married women are cheats
End of story
. tongue
why would married women act like that?
Re: The Engagement Strategy by deluxecad(m): 12:01pm On Dec 23, 2009
If I engage my woman, she should just be 4 me alone n not just flag d very expensive ring n cheat! Superjealous me.
Re: The Engagement Strategy by henryhemon(m): 12:32pm On Dec 23, 2009
@Ebony eyes,
I guess you are guilty!if you do want us to answer your question then raise a topic on that.
Re: The Engagement Strategy by gabriel4u(m): 1:13pm On Dec 23, 2009
henryhemon:

@Ebony eyes,
I guess you are guilty!if you do want us to answer your question then raise a topic on that.

may be na 1 of dem!
Re: The Engagement Strategy by LordReed(m): 4:28pm On Dec 23, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Tell that to the Millions of Nigerian men using "The Marriage strategy" "pffts"

Ebony is rite why be peeved by it wen both sexes are involved? It's not exclusive to the women however to answer your question the engagement strategy is a filter.
Re: The Engagement Strategy by deluxecad(m): 3:40pm On Dec 25, 2009
@Lord Reed: what's a filter? Wat does dat mean?
Re: The Engagement Strategy by LordReed(m): 12:15am On Dec 27, 2009
deluxecad:

@Lord Reed: what's a filter? Wat does dat mean?

It means she/he is saying it so that anyone who is not serious will be put off by it. This will reduce the numba of people seeking his/her attention.
Re: The Engagement Strategy by mamagee3(f): 12:49am On Dec 27, 2009
Engagement keeps people going! cheesy cheesy
Re: The Engagement Strategy by Phlota(f): 8:47pm On Dec 27, 2009
really, it's nt all abt engagement, i gues it's more of commitment. dere r lots of ladies who claim 2 b engaged(sm dnt even knw d meanin of d word) nd dey stil do things dat one shdnt b heard doin.
Re: The Engagement Strategy by netotse(m): 9:02pm On Dec 27, 2009
deluxecad:

Does engaging a lady prevent her from her sexual conquest? Pls don't get peeved at my tone tho, many ladies dat got bedded during my school and NYSC years claimed to be engaged or even had a ring to show for it. Does this strategy really work or a waste of precious time?
obviously not! even where i am now, i know engaged ppl that are cheating on their mugusfiances. in fact it got to a point i was plain pissed off, why would you be talking about your man up and down the place if u know later at night u'll still be screaming someone else's name!

Ebonyeyes:

then y'all women should come out wiv your own issues now. . . guys talk more thats the reason why ppl say this forum is anti-women.

FACT:i'm sick and tired of er'single thing being given sexist connotations, the OP said something he noticed and next thing accusations of sexism are flying left right and centre
Re: The Engagement Strategy by HIO4: 9:04pm On Dec 27, 2009
netotse:

obviously not! even where i am now, i know engaged ppl that are cheating on their mugusfiances. in fact it got to a point i was plain pissed off, why would you be talking about your man up and down the place if u know later at night u'll still be screaming someone else's name!
then y'all women should come out wiv your own issues now. . . guys talk more thats the reason why ppl say this forum is anti-women.

FACT:i'm sick and tired of er'single thing being given sexist connotations, the OP said something he noticed and next thing accusations of sexism are flying left right and centre
That's just the truth brah.
Re: The Engagement Strategy by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 27, 2009
If even marriage doesn't keep some people from cheating, I doubt an engagement would have much of an effect either, it comes down to the person to be honest, not some little ring thing, you just hope and pray you meet a faithful partner, hope and pray wink
Re: The Engagement Strategy by N101: 12:30am On Dec 28, 2009
@ poster

Yours is a strange question to me, let me explain why.  If a woman is engaged and a man is aware of this, why is he choosing to sleep with her?

Is it because:

[list]
[li]He thinks she's fair game because she's not yet married?[/li]
[li]He needs to get his rocks off and her status is irrelevant?[/li]
[li]If it doesn't bother her then he'll too will turn a blind eye?[/li]

[/list]

I ask because it seems from the tone of your post that the onus is on the woman, which I would agree is true.  However, any man who knowingly sleeps with an engaged woman lacks any moral credibility to slander engaged women who sleep with someone outside of their relationship. 

If a (supposed) woman is engaged and sleeping around she is not ready for marriage.
Re: The Engagement Strategy by Nobody: 2:11am On Dec 28, 2009
netotse:

Its this a battle on who can post the most disrespectful thing about the opposite gender? If its a constructive criticism, I understand but most of the threads on the front page are downright disrespectful and nasty to Nigerian/black women. If we are so terrible, horrible and tragic looking, its ok to swing for the male team or another race, its much better that we women are rid of selfhating disrespectful Negros. That is all.
Re: The Engagement Strategy by TOPE20001(f): 2:14am On Dec 28, 2009
Does being engaged stop a man from cheating too? undecided
Re: The Engagement Strategy by Nobody: 2:17am On Dec 28, 2009
TOPE2000!:

Does being engaged stop a man from cheating too? undecided
Didnt you get the memo hun? its ok if men cheat because they are men but women should be ridiculed and lynched if they cheat. Thats the impression I get from the OP and some of his cronies in this thread. This forum is anti-women and he MODS have to do something about it because its becoming ridiculous now.
Re: The Engagement Strategy by TOPE20001(f): 2:18am On Dec 28, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Didnt you get the memo hun? its ok if men cheat because they are men but women should be ridiculed and lynched if they cheat. Thats the impression I get from the OP and some of his cronies in this thread. This forum is anti-women and he MODS have to do something about it because its becoming ridiculous now.

Lol. To be honest that shyte gets me mad angry
for a man its cool to cheat, infact he is a real man if he does
but for a woman its like a taboo. arrant nonsense angry
Re: The Engagement Strategy by HIO4: 2:19am On Dec 28, 2009
@OP  grin  grin

Don't waste your hard earned money on that ring.  Why wife a LovePeddler to begin with? Truth be told, neither engagement nor marriage will stop the hooker from getting the cum bleeped out of her nose if her mind is made up.
Re: The Engagement Strategy by Nobody: 2:20am On Dec 28, 2009
TOPE2000!:

Lol. To be honest that shyte gets me mad angry
for a man its cool to cheat, infact he is a real man if he does
but for a woman its like a taboo. arrant nonsense angry
Tragic Nonsense indeed. Maybe if all the females on NL disappeared these men will be able to do what they have been longing to do for a while now wink Play for the other team. grin
Re: The Engagement Strategy by TOPE20001(f): 2:23am On Dec 28, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Tragic Nonsense indeed. Maybe if all the females on NL disappeared these men will be able to do what they have been longing to do for a while now wink Play for the other team. grin

Rofl . . .we shud go on a strike grin tongue
Re: The Engagement Strategy by Nobody: 2:26am On Dec 28, 2009
Girl thats a good idea, maybe we should go for a strike for 1mth and lets see how these good for nothing negros survive with eachother shebi they said women are not necessary creatures on earth? cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

190 Is Heartbroken / Do You Want Your Ex-back? / Is Your Spouse Cheating On You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.