Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Book Publishing In Nigeria - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Book Publishing In Nigeria (26128 Views)

Ebook Publishing In Nigeria - How Does It Help Authors and our Future? / Self-publishing In Nigeria / Publishing In Nigeria. Read This: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Book Publishing In Nigeria by oduz: 9:53am On Jun 27, 2010
Our Lagos based company provides A-Z Self -Publishing Mentoring for beginners, If u ask around you will eventually find out that self Publishing is the best option for beginners, if u want the big league to recognize you (even without approaching them) they monitor the market better than manuscripts.
You can reach us through

arcmedia007@yahoo.com
Re: Book Publishing In Nigeria by DoMH: 4:47pm On Jul 12, 2010
Re: Book Publishing In Nigeria by dramaka(m): 1:14am On Sep 12, 2010
Obtain professional proofreading and editing services online anywhere in Nigeria by visiting http://word-edit.com now! You would be glad you did.
Re: Book Publishing In Nigeria by MyneWhite1(f): 6:48pm On Mar 09, 2011
A Heart to Mend is now widely available in Nigerian bookstores. Check it out.

Abuja Zone
Booksellers, City Plaza Area 11/Garki 2
Silverbird Galleria, In the Cinema Complex, 4th floor
Pen and Pages, White House Plaza WUSE II opposite Celebrations

Port Harcourt Zone
LibraryPort, 36a Circular Road, Elekahia Housing Estate: 08191583838

Owerri Zone
Book Konsult, 148 Orlu Road, Akwakuma 08037359484

Asaba
Peez Stores, Capital Shopping complex, Summit Road 056876825

Lagos Zone
Silverbird Lifestyle Stores - -
Ikeja Lagos - 08098643221, 08059864322
UNILAG Bookshop - -
Hub Media Store - The Palms Lekki
TerraKulture - VI
Quintessence - Ikoyi
Debonair Bookstore - Sabo Yaba
IPS, Agege - 07034591699
IPS, Iyana-Ipaja - 08084575936
Bovic BookShop, Ikeja - 08033556152
Egbeda Lagos - 08056387855
Obinna Store Lagos - 08052503756

Osun Zone
OAU BookShop - -
OAU, Ife - 08058669338
OAU Koza Call Center, Moz - 08037191721
OAU Koza Call Center, Moremi - 08037191721
Ophemie MH, OAU - 08032734392
UNICOTECH - 07036027017
OUI, Ipetumodu - 07036027017

Ibadan Zone
UI BookShop - -

Ado – Ekiti Zone
Ykings, Iworoko-Ekiti - 08063830135
UNAD, Ado-Ekiti - 08063830135

Ogun Zone
Ijebu Ode - 08022327371
TASCOE D - 08022327371

Re: Book Publishing In Nigeria by NiteAngel(m): 4:10pm On Jan 14, 2012
If you are interested in self publishing or having your book published, you should see this site:

www.willowsmagazine..com

Feel free to spread the word.

All the best with your publishing aspiration.
Re: Book Publishing In Nigeria by kepnke: 9:37pm On Feb 14, 2012
Re: Book Publishing In Nigeria by kunyeo(m): 6:14am On Feb 15, 2012
Point of correction,Yinkaolu.Dont call yourself a writer or a novelist if you are not published! Please.
Re: Book Publishing In Nigeria by greatestbe: 11:55pm On Aug 16, 2012
A BOOK MARKETING FIRM IS LOOKING for DISTRIBUTORS AND MARKETERS for her EXCELLENT BOOKS across NIGERIA and AFRICA. COMMISSIONS are ACTUALLY LARGE and ENTICING.
PLS ANYONE INTERESTED SHOULD CONTACT ME VIA FACEBOOK: BEN EBEDE or e-mail:GREATESTBENFOREVER@YAHOO.COM
Also if you have useful info or contacts that could help us,get to me thru the ADDRESSES given.THANKS
Re: Book Publishing In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 17, 2012
Joan4427: @Yinkaolu, sorry about the diversion from other posters. The good news is that once people see something good, they all wanna jump into that same boat  grin

Well, I agree with what Seun said, and I quoate:

Alternatively, I also see reason wuth Orikinla who recommended ANA as quoted below:

Basically, if your target audience are Nigerians, then go with ANA by all means. However, if this is a mainstream thriller and you want it available to everyone, everywhere, without you as the author having to do your own marketing, distribution and publicizing, then ANA may not be the best choice, though the publishing world is a dog-eat-dog kind of business.

As for the suggestion below:

Well, you are on your own when you self-publish. I will let you know that self-published commercial works especially fiction, are not viewed as authentic publications. You run a high chance of your work being ridiculed and ignored by the literate world, no matter how error-free or properly formatted it turns out to be. Reviewers won't look at it, you can't apply for most competitions and major awards, and you can't call yourself a serious published author in the midst of other authors.
Finally, if you self-publish, you have to market your book yourself. Vanity publishers like Lulu, Publish America, Xlibris, Iuniverse, createspace, etc, etc, do not do a damn thing to help you sell your book. Unless you just want to sell to your mother, family, and close friends, then, 

Also, it is true authentic publishers will take close to 70-90% of the book proceeds while Literary Agents will take another 10% of what is left. However, when you compare and contrast: Self-published books are quite expensive and only sell about 40 copies on average, and about 150 copies if the author works hard on promoting and convincing people to buy the books. Some books never sell more than one or two copies. Sad, but very true. (See the Lulu book sales report of 2008).
On the other hand, a great traditionally published thriller, for example. will sell anywhere from 10,000 copies to several hundred thousands or even millions! You do the math.
So, even if a self-published author is receiving $15 per book out of the $20 dollar list price for his book and only sells 100 copies, then he has made a total of $1,500 for the life of his book.

On the other hand, if an author, who is published traditionally, is receiving $1 per book and sells the minimum of 10,000 copies, that totals $10,000. If the book makes the best-seller list and sells millions, say, 30,000,000; then the author nets in $30 Million dollars! Also, there may be other deals like movie and TV rights, audio, e-book, etc. etc. Any of these can rake in about half a million for the author.

In effect, here's the way it works. If your book is not very good and does not measure up and you don't have the time, energy, or inclination to work on it and make it a masterpiece; yet you are too impatient and want to see it in print, then self-publishing may be for you. Don't expect to reap any rewards though, cos what you put in is exactly what you'll get.

For those who wish to go through the traditional and officially accepted route, here are great links for finding agents and publishers, and communicating with other serious authors/writers:

http://www.querytracker.net/
http://www.critiquecircle.com/
http://anotherealm.com/prededitors/
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/

Well, just my two cents worth.

Good Luck!

Sounds smart.
Re: Book Publishing In Nigeria by adepelummy: 11:02am On Aug 22, 2012
infonaire:

Hello DoMH,
i am a nigerian christian author. i need a trustworthy publisher to make my books available in nigeria. check out my books on amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/YOU-CAN-SURVIVE-ANYTHING-Survivability/dp/B001L8A492/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1227197756&sr=8-3

http://www.amazon.com/WISDOM-DRIVEN-MENTALITY-Destiny-Waiting-Mentality/dp/B001EVQIKK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1227197756&sr=8-2

you can pls contact me on ettomaikh@yahoo.com.
thanks
. Hello I have christian book to publish can you help. adepelummy@yahoo.com 07082220673
Re: Book Publishing In Nigeria by Tobitbooks: 8:11pm On Oct 03, 2012
Are you a Writer and wants to get published? TOBIT offers Print-on-Demand book Printing options starting from 55 naira per copy with a minimum of 150 copies. It is so simple: just upload your manuscript, state how many copies you want, provide necessary details and in the next 5 days you will receive your books in any part of the country. Shipping time and cost inclusive. Now you have no excuse why you are not an author. Visit www.TOBIT.tk for more details or call 08182712969. Like us on www.facebook.com/tobitbooks follow us on www.twitter.com/tobitbooks

1 Like

Re: Book Publishing In Nigeria by EagleCrest: 3:48pm On Feb 13, 2013
Many countries have embraced eBook publishing but the uptake of this technology is slow or perhaps non-existent in Nigeria. What are the obstacles to eBook publishing in Nigeria? Please share your thoughts and let’s see if we can address the issues.
Re: Book Publishing In Nigeria by Yinkaolu(m): 10:08pm On Mar 14, 2013
to all: thanks all the same! I have been off this post since and now will follow one or two of the info for a great book. Thanks once more
Re: Book Publishing In Nigeria by Sucesssmyles: 12:21am On Jul 19, 2013
@Rosebud, Hi. Just saw your excerpt posted 6years ago. No one except Joan made a comment. cry You are cool. wink And you are the reason i join this forum. Plz kindly leave a-mail or any contact. i will be in touch. Keep up.
Re: Book Publishing In Nigeria by Mcleo007(m): 12:34pm On Nov 13, 2013
A friend writes Erotica stories and is seeking a publisher. Any lead would be appreciated.
Re: Book Publishing In Nigeria by urch45: 11:42am On Sep 07, 2014
I heard someone saying something about editing manuscripts. Check out
www.blacktowerpublishers.com.ng They are book publishers and offer
online services like editing too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] / Famous Books Of African Authors / Please Don't Scream (PDS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.