Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Friend Refuses To Marry A Future Pastor - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Friend Refuses To Marry A Future Pastor (859 Views)

Guy Takes Girl On A Trip To Dubai, Abandons Her There Because She Refuses Sex / Man Stays In Tree For 9-months After Wife Refuses To Apologize / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Friend Refuses To Marry A Future Pastor by madamkoko: 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2008
Hi NLanders,

I have a friend, who has refused a proposal from a man because after his Masters degrees in business, he informed her that he plans to be a Pastor. She says that she's not interested in marrying a Pastor.

What do you guys think about my friend's decision.?
Re: Friend Refuses To Marry A Future Pastor by Nautillus(m): 2:49pm On Aug 14, 2008
FINE by me Hello, she's the one that gonna spend the rest of her life with the guy and not anyone else in here
Re: Friend Refuses To Marry A Future Pastor by dorleey(f): 3:16pm On Aug 14, 2008
that shouldn't be a case since she is d one to spend her life with the guy, so she ought to choose wat is suitable 4 her to avoid a broken marriage.
Re: Friend Refuses To Marry A Future Pastor by Busta(f): 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2008
her choice . . . whatever makes her happy.
Besides . . .marriage is not a child's play o!
Re: Friend Refuses To Marry A Future Pastor by HRhotness(f): 10:32pm On Aug 14, 2008
it is not by force na. . . she no wan marry pastor
Re: Friend Refuses To Marry A Future Pastor by ikamefa(f): 10:35pm On Aug 14, 2008
Nautillus:

FINE by me Hello, she's the one that going to spend the rest of her life with the guy and not anyone else in here

gbam! for real oh!

madamkoko:

Hi NLanders,

I have a friend, who has refused a proposal from a man because after his Masters degrees in business, he informed her that he plans to be a [b]Pastor. [/b]She says that she's not interested in marrying a Pastor.

on the other hand ! what kind of pastor does he want to become?

1. the one that holds  down a secular job and at the same time doing his  pastoral job?

2. the pastor  that is going to depend solely on his church members? ( if  dem no do sunday offering,him and his wife ,children nor go chop for house)

so i really don't blame the girl !
Re: Friend Refuses To Marry A Future Pastor by tope2000(f): 10:35pm On Aug 14, 2008
madamkoko:

Hi NLanders,

I have a friend, who has refused a proposal from a man because after his Masters degrees in business, he informed her that he plans to be a Pastor. She says that she's not interested in marrying a Pastor.

first of all, i need to laugh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
since when did being a pastor be crime but i guess at the end of thr day its her choice
Re: Friend Refuses To Marry A Future Pastor by yongbabe(f): 10:57pm On Aug 14, 2008
There is no way on earth that i will marrry a pastor!
Re: Friend Refuses To Marry A Future Pastor by madamkoko: 2:41am On Aug 15, 2008
yong babe:

There is no way on earth that i will marrry a pastor!

Why not ? pls explain
Re: Friend Refuses To Marry A Future Pastor by madamkoko: 2:44am On Aug 15, 2008
the pastor that is going to depend solely on his church members?

Well, she's angry that he doesn't plan to put his business degrees to "good" use. But he plans to market his church well and in a positive light and he also says that he will be able to make a liveable wage from writing christian books and books about marriage.

Every one in her family is shocked. Because they''re like "isn't that what most women pray for ? to be married to a pastor" because he would be honest, prayerful and trust worthy and all the good stuff, 

Anyways sha, thot it might raising interesting conversation, so I decided to share.
Re: Friend Refuses To Marry A Future Pastor by madamkoko: 2:46am On Aug 15, 2008
since when did being a pastor be crime

I don't think that she sees it as a crime, she just doesn't fancy the profession.
Re: Friend Refuses To Marry A Future Pastor by Nobody: 2:53am On Aug 15, 2008
@NJ HJ
I don't blame your friend na.
I can't bare being married to a pastor.
Ppl will expect the best behavior (pretense) from you because you're suppose to be practicing your husband's preaching.
Your children/ your family/your every move will be watched. That's annoying
Re: Friend Refuses To Marry A Future Pastor by madamkoko: 2:58am On Aug 15, 2008
@ Ruby_Pearl grin grin grin grin

How many times do I have to inform you people that I'm not NJ HJ , ahn, how many times ? ?? grin grin grin grin grin grin

BUT I agree. Sometimes it can be too much unnecessary pressure. See someone suing Joel Osteen's wife. Was watching the news today and they were calculating her net worth, its like 20 million dollars. Apparently, she "assualted" someone on the plane. Her husband is a preacher, too much attention, bad publicity.
Re: Friend Refuses To Marry A Future Pastor by Nobody: 3:04am On Aug 15, 2008
madamkoko:

@ Ruby_Pearl grin grin grin grin

How many times do I have to inform you people that I'm not NJ HJ , ahn, how many times ? ?? grin grin grin grin grin grin
You can even tell us for the millionth time tongue

madamkoko:

BUT I agree. Sometimes it can be too much unnecessary pressure. See someone suing Joel Osteen's wife. Was watching the news today and they were calculating her net worth, its like 20 million dollars. Apparently, she "assualted" someone on the plane. Her husband is a preacher, too much attention, bad publicity.
Yes, I saw that on the news. Too bad for her husband, hope it doesn't hurt his career sha.
The Devil and his horrible ways.
Anywaz sha, since she's a pastor's wife, ppl will start talking crap and giving her more unwanted attention.
Re: Friend Refuses To Marry A Future Pastor by chika98: 5:31am On Aug 15, 2008
Her personal choice. She's entitled to it.
Re: Friend Refuses To Marry A Future Pastor by ifyalways(f): 6:47am On Aug 15, 2008
LOL
a friend preferred to marry a Yahooze,i complained,Now someone is refusing a man of God too. cheesy
Its her personal decision,maybe she didnt love her enough to marry him or just she dont want to be a pastors wife. undecided
Theres nothing good or bad in it.Personally though,i wont reject a good man cos hes a pastor neither wud i marry just any man cos hes a pastor.anyway,each man to his own,marriage no be moi-moi come chop
Re: Friend Refuses To Marry A Future Pastor by ima1(f): 7:48am On Aug 15, 2008
marrying a pastor is like a days job, and don't you have to be called by God to be a pastor, or do we just decide ourselves.
Re: Friend Refuses To Marry A Future Pastor by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:59am On Aug 15, 2008
ima1:

marrying a pastor is like a days job, and don't you have to be called by God to be a pastor, or do we just decide ourselves.

Interesting observation, being a pastor has become so commercialized, that just anyone can decide to go and start a church. this is so sickening. embarassed

@topic

Please its her personal decision and not that of any other person!
Re: Friend Refuses To Marry A Future Pastor by reality4us(m): 10:08am On Aug 15, 2008
Her problem may not just be marrying a Pastor but remember that a Pastor's wife has a great role to play in his life and ministry. May be she feels she does not have the calling or the annointing/grace to shoulder some of those responsibilities like heading and organizing the women in the church etc. In some churches too, there are occassions that the Pastor's wife is expected to mount the pulpit and preach. Do you think she can afford to do this if occasion demands.

I support the lady in question because marrying a Pastor is not just like marrying any other man on the street.
Re: Friend Refuses To Marry A Future Pastor by ikamefa(f): 2:37pm On Aug 15, 2008
madamkoko:

Well, she's angry that he doesn't plan to put his business degrees to "good" use. But he plans to market his church well and in a positive light and he also says that he will be able to make a liveable wage from writing christian books and books about marriage.

well running a church now is a commercial bixnix cheesy all sorts of bixnix deals and proposals are now the in-thing in today's churches cheesy

madamkoko:

Every one in her family is shocked. Because they''re like "isn't that what most women pray for ? to be married to a pastor" because he would be honest, prayerful and trust worthy and all the good stuff, 

nahhhhhh! pastors now go through divorces due to infidelity ,

and am sure a lay-man too can be honest,prayerful and trustworthy cheesy
Re: Friend Refuses To Marry A Future Pastor by ssRhino: 2:40pm On Aug 15, 2008
what is there to think about, she has her preference and a pastor dont seems to be one, she doesnt wanna share her man with all the congregations, and it is not everyone that is cut out to marry a man of God.

(1) (Reply)

Yes I Said So / Love And Reconciliation / Wat Are D Reasons Why Men Cheat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.