Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,986 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Be Fruitful, And Multiply, And Replenish The Earth. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be Fruitful, And Multiply, And Replenish The Earth. (1322 Views)

The Difference Between Living A Fruitful Life & Living A Sacrificial Life / ) / Be Fruitful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Fruitful, And Multiply, And Replenish The Earth. by huxley(m): 3:01pm On Aug 18, 2008
The narrative in Genesis 1 puts the history of the earth at no more than 10,000 years old. The was the prevailing and accepted age of the earth for many centuries, even at the dawn of Enlightenment and the scientific age. In fact, scientist who first postulated an ancient earth had the huge obstacle of Genesis to overcome. Although there may have been a few renegade individual you may have postulated an old earth in antiquity, this may have been the result of idle speculation, some deductive reasoning, mythology, or simple guesswork. Today, with sophisticated scientific tools it is possible to determine the age of the earth with greater degrees of accuracy. It is currently estimated at about 3.8 billion years old.

What is even more interesting is that for more that half that period life have existed on the planet, albeit in the form of unicellular and microbial life. Complex multicellular life is a rather younger participant of the drama of life on the planet, with a record no more than about 500 million years. The Cambrian explosion saw the emergence of new body-plans, new organism and a wide variety of flora. These evolved into your dinosaurs, flowering plants in later geological periods.

The dynamism and robustness of life on the planet is staggering. There have been many great extinction events on the planet, some wiping out 98% of all living things at the time. In fact, current estimates says about 99% of all things that have ever lived are now extinct.

The existence and extinction of life for many millions of years is clearly a problem for the Genesis account. Upon the widespread acceptance of the scientifically determined age of the earth and the facts of evolution, it became imperative for theologians to re-interpret and offer some kind of remedial understanding of the Genesis account. Some theologians found Genesis 1: 28 as offering that explanation of a pre-Adamite world.

Genesis 1:

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

This basically means there must have been more than one creation events, interspersed by long eras of life and geological activities. The Christians promoting this view have latched onto the word REPLENISH in Genesis 1:28 to mean that god's latest creation was a replenishment of a long lost world. If this is true, what did god intend Adam&Eve (AE) to replenish on the earth?

1) Were AE meant to replenish the earth with only their own kind, that is only other humans? On this reasoning, are we to assume that this was a replenishment of some pre-Adamite humans? Is this an acknowledgment of the existence of Neanderthals, Homo erectus, Homo Afluerensis etc.

2) Adam is supposed to have named all the animals on the earth. Were the animals he named those created in the pre-Adamite world or those created alongside Adam?

3) What did god mean by give AE dominion over all living things?
Re: Be Fruitful, And Multiply, And Replenish The Earth. by Yisraylite(m): 6:14pm On Aug 18, 2008
@ Huxley

Anyone who does not observe the LAW will never have a righteous understanding of YAHAWAH

Psa 111:10   The reverence of YAHAWAH is the beginning of wisdom; A righteous  understanding have all those who do His commandments.
His praise endures forever.

Having said that, I can assure you that creation did not start with the Genesis account. You may say explain, so if find you can find when YAHAWAH created water or the waters of the earth, I'll then fully explain

The Torah does not condon incest,

Lev 18:9 The unclothedness of your sister, the daughter of your father, or the daughter of your mother, [whether] born at home or elsewhere, their unclothedness you shall
not uncover. 

Lev 18:10 The unclothedness of your son's daughter or your daughter's daughter, their unclothedness you shall not uncover; for theirs [is] your own unclothedness.

So it is clear That Cain never slept with his sister, In fact he left the region entirely and went to the land of Nod

Gen 4:16 Then Cain went out from the presence of YAHAWH and dwelt in the land of Nod on the east of Eden

We clearly see Cain left by himself, and then this:

Gen 4:17 And Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch. And he built a city, and called the name of the city after the name of his son--Enoch.

Cain found this woman in the land of Nod and as it has been established, this wife he found in the land of Nod was not his Sister.

So the question is who were the kin of Cain's wife. These people were already on the earth. Let me stop here and hear from you.

Salam

Yisraylite
Re: Be Fruitful, And Multiply, And Replenish The Earth. by huxley(m): 6:57pm On Aug 18, 2008
Yisraylite:

@ Huxley

Anyone who does not observe the LAW will never have a righteous understanding of YAHAWAH

Psa 111:10 The reverence of YAHAWAH is the beginning of wisdom; A righteous understanding have all those who do His commandments.
His praise endures forever.

Having said that, I can assure you that creation did not start with the Genesis account. You may say explain, so if find you can find when YAHAWAH created water or the waters of the earth, I fully explain

The Torah does not condon incest,

Lev 18:9 The unclothedness of your sister, the daughter of your father, or the daughter of your mother, [whether] born at home or elsewhere, their unclothedness you shall
not uncover.

Lev 18:10 The unclothedness of your son's daughter or your daughter's daughter, their unclothedness you shall not uncover; for theirs [is] your own unclothedness.

So it is clear That Cain never slept with his sister, In fact he left the region entirely and went to the land of Nod

Gen 4:16 Then Cain went out from the presence of YAHAWH and dwelt in the land of Nod on the east of Eden

We clearly see Cain left by himself, and then this:

Gen 4:17 And Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch. And he built a city, and called the name of the city after the name of his son--Enoch.

Cain found this woman in the land of Nod and as it has been established, this wife he found in the land of Nod was not his Sister.

So the question is who were the kin of Cain's wife. These people were already on the earth. Let me stop here and hear from you.

Salam

Yisraylite

Would it be unfair if I said all of the above is rubbish as it completely failed to address any of the issues I discussed?
Re: Be Fruitful, And Multiply, And Replenish The Earth. by Yisraylite(m): 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2008
@ huxley

Quite Fair  grin

Thats why I started with Psa 111:10, you don't have it yet. so everything copied and pasted shall remain utter rubbish to ya smiley

Salamah
Yisraylite
Re: Be Fruitful, And Multiply, And Replenish The Earth. by huxley(m): 7:15pm On Aug 18, 2008
Yisraylite:

@ huxley

Quite Fair grin

Thats why I started with Psa 111:10, you don't have it yet. so everything copied and pasted shall remain utter rubbish to ya smiley

Salamah
Yisraylite

What sort of bizarre and nonsensical circular logic (or better still, non-logic) is this. Why do I have to first of all belief and be committed to something that I am investigating? Further, you are asking me to trust the very thing (ie the bible) that I am questioning. Is this not illogical to you? Are there no independent source outside the bible that could provide credence to your point?
Re: Be Fruitful, And Multiply, And Replenish The Earth. by mazaje(m): 7:44pm On Aug 18, 2008
Yisraylite is high on cheap cow dung. so pls stop responding to his post.
Re: Be Fruitful, And Multiply, And Replenish The Earth. by keba(m): 8:59pm On Aug 18, 2008
huxley and mazaje: BIRDS OF THE SAME FEATHER, ALWAYS TOGETHER shocked shocked
Re: Be Fruitful, And Multiply, And Replenish The Earth. by Yisraylite(m): 9:30pm On Aug 18, 2008
@ Huxley

What sort of bizarre and nonsensical circular logic (or better still, non-logic) is this.   Why do I have to first of all belief and be committed to something that I am investigating?  Further, you are asking me to trust the very thing (ie the bible) that I am questioning.  Is this not illogical to you?   Are there no independent source outside the bible that could provide credence to your point?

Please continue with your bloviates, you have the power of choices to decide what you believe, so believe want you want  grin

I post because of the 1% out here in nairaland that are quietly observing and deciding and searching the scripts for themselves,while you and your silly friend Mazagie post for empty debate sake, it could be you're out to prove something. Well all that is your business.  smiley I don't get drawn into silly interrogations to prove anything to anyone, so rock on with ya brainy self !!!! grin

Salamah
Yisraylite  smiley
Re: Be Fruitful, And Multiply, And Replenish The Earth. by morpheus24: 2:29pm On Aug 19, 2008
Yisraylite:

@ Huxley

Please continue with your bloviates, you have the power of choices to decide what you believe, so believe want you want grin

I post because of the 1% out here in nairaland that are quietly observing and deciding and searching the scripts for themselves,while you and your silly friend Mazagie post for empty debate sake, it could be you're out to prove something. Well all that is your business. smiley I don't get drawn into silly interrogations to prove anything to anyone, so rock on with ya brainy self !!!! grin

Salamah
Yisraylite smiley

SCHIZO. How did you escape from the mental hospital?
Re: Be Fruitful, And Multiply, And Replenish The Earth. by Yisraylite(m): 2:46pm On Aug 19, 2008
@ Morpheus24
Men ! How quickly you forget! Remember you helped break me out  grin cheesy

Now quietly go back to sleep grin One love

Salamah
Yisraylite the Schizo grin
Re: Be Fruitful, And Multiply, And Replenish The Earth. by morpheus24: 2:57pm On Aug 19, 2008
Yisraylite:

@ Morpheus24
Men ! How quickly you forget! Remember you helped break me out grin cheesy

Now quietly go back to sleep grin

Salamah
Yisraylite

Since we are educating the woud be 1% of massess why don't we give them the full story of what you believe in and let me help break you out some more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP5t8Pyi4y4&feature=related

Nationality my ass. Why don't you tell the people about lost tribes of israel,khazars, middle passage, African Americans,Gentiles, curseof white skin and all that other mumbo jumbo and see if the people don't pick up on Hate Preaching in disguise.

Opression is a stressor and warps the brain's nerves into very bizarre though patterns. Thats my opinion
Re: Be Fruitful, And Multiply, And Replenish The Earth. by Yisraylite(m): 3:02pm On Aug 19, 2008
@Morpheus@24

Bouy ya already dun know say Neo dey here,so get in the passenger seat make we ride once more cheesy

Don't start getting angry and confrontational again  !!sad  because it looks like the spanking you got wore off, don't be like a foolish little child who refuses to stop playing with YAHAWAH'S FIRE ! sad

Dont make me have to withdraw the peace that is currently upon you  grin

Salamah

Yisraylite(Neo) smiley
Re: Be Fruitful, And Multiply, And Replenish The Earth. by morpheus24: 3:04pm On Aug 19, 2008
Huxley,

From Rock dating and volacanic activity geologist and scientist have managed to gestimate the age of the earth from cambiran to cretaceous to Holcone periods.

However what is your view on the non restriction of time when it is applied to a Superior Being and how man has been able to measure and date "Time"

Isn't there a Christian arguement within those confines and if so how do you contend with that arguement.
Re: Be Fruitful, And Multiply, And Replenish The Earth. by Yisraylite(m): 3:08pm On Aug 19, 2008
@ morpheus 24
morpheus24:

Huxley,

From Rock dating and volacanic activity geologist and scientist have managed to gestimate the age of the earth from cambiran to cretaceous to Holcone periods.

However what is your view on the non restriction of time when it is applied to a Superior Being and how man has been able to measure and date "Time"

Isn't there a Christian arguement within those confines and if so how do you contend with that arguement.

Utter Nonsense, this crap has nothing to do with righteousness, why don't you go teach a geology class or something ! cheesy

As for the link you posted, I don't even know that brother, but as long as he is not a new testament worshipper then I won't have any probelms with him grin

Salamah
Yis cheesy
Re: Be Fruitful, And Multiply, And Replenish The Earth. by morpheus24: 3:11pm On Aug 19, 2008
Yes
Yisraylite:

@ morpheus 24
Utter Nonsense, this crap has nothing to do with righteousness, why don't you go teach a geology class or something ! cheesy

Yes ,Yes, Calm down, don't get too excited. I know you are God's warrior and if you pray hard enough he will zap me with a lightning bolt in the ass and I will descend down to the pits of hell.

What's new?
Re: Be Fruitful, And Multiply, And Replenish The Earth. by Yisraylite(m): 3:20pm On Aug 19, 2008
@ Sleepy!

um I mean Morpheus24
Yes ,Yes, Calm down, don't get too excited. I know you are God's warrior and if you pray hard enough he will zap me with a lightning bolt in the ass  and I will descend down to the pits of hell.

What's new?

You should practice what you preach, I just got through making peace with my brother Mazajie, and here you come with your wahallah, then you start talking about calm down, You're the one getting in my face with all that BS so I strongly suggest you go take your prozac and go back to bed because you're still sleepy  grin

Love Neo  smiley

Ps get it right I'm a God destroyer not a God warrior

Yisraylite  smiley
Re: Be Fruitful, And Multiply, And Replenish The Earth. by morpheus24: 3:22pm On Aug 19, 2008
Yisraylite:

@ Sleepy!

um I mean Morpheus24
You should practice what you preach, I just got through making peace with my brother Mazajie, and here you come with your wahallah, then you start talking about calm down, You're the one getting in my face with all that BS so I strongly suggest you go take your prozac and go back to bed because you still sleepy grin

Love Neo smiley

See how you spell Wahala. Gives you away doesn't it. Stick to the topic
Re: Be Fruitful, And Multiply, And Replenish The Earth. by Yisraylite(m): 3:24pm On Aug 19, 2008
@ Morpheus 24

See how you spell Wahala. Gives you away doesn't it. Stick to the topic

My bad, Wahala is that better? now what else you got ?

smiley
Re: Be Fruitful, And Multiply, And Replenish The Earth. by morpheus24: 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2008
Yisraylite:

@ Morpheus 24

My bad, Wahala is that better? now what else you got ?

smiley

Like you, Plenty more.
Re: Be Fruitful, And Multiply, And Replenish The Earth. by Yisraylite(m): 3:33pm On Aug 19, 2008
@ Morpheus 24
come down from your haughtiness and lofty place,bow down and make peace with your Abba YAHAWAH that your days may be long and that you prosper in all you do  smiley

Salamah
Yis smiley

(1) (Reply)

Video: Men Of God Worshiping Money / "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others / A Gentle Question - No Fight Intended - But Will Real Christians Do This ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.