Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,126 members, 7,821,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

"frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others (1325 Views)

Finally! The Pope Agrees With Muslims “Jesus Did Not Die At The Cross” / Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by LagosShia: 9:44pm On Aug 21, 2011
this is particularly for "frosbel".this pastor is a good human being first of all and he exemplifies tolerance and co-existence.even if i do not like christianity or christians for all that christians,ignorant and fanatical ones like "frosbel" have done on nairaland,i cannot hate such a man like this pastor (read story below).infact he exemplifies an islamic spirit I know of and appreciate and reminds me of verse 2:256 of the holy Quran which says :"there shall be no compulsion in religion".this man also reminds me of how the Prophet Muhammad (sa) welcomed the christians of Najran and allowed them to pray in the Masjid al-Nabawi (the Prophet's mosque in Medina) which is today is second holiest place of Islam and all Muslims.in other words this pastor has followed the sunnah (practice) of our beloved Prophet (sa) and therefore he too is beloeved to me.our hatred-filled and arrogant pastors in Nigeria who instead of leading by example, themselves issue provocative and inciting statements against muslims have alot to learn from their counterpart in Memphis.

A Ramadan Story Of Two Faiths Bound In Friendship

August 21, 2011 It's Ramadan, the month-long holiday when Muslims fast from dawn to dusk as a way to cleanse the soul and reflect on their relationship with God. The faithful usually flock to their local mosques for prayer during the holiday, but last year, the Muslims of Cordova, Tenn., just outside Memphis, didn't have a place to go.

That's when Pastor Steve Stone put an unusual sign outside his church.

"It said, 'Welcome to the neighborhood, Memphis Islamic Center,'" he laughs. "It's been seen all over the world, now."

Stone invited the Muslim community to celebrate their holiday inside his church while their own cultural center was under construction nearby. It was the beginning of an unusual alliance that's still strong a year later.

"Obviously we were taken aback, but in a very positive way," says Danish Siddiqui, a board member of the Memphis Islamic Center. "Muslims, we tend to think of ourselves as good neighbors," he tells weekends on All Things Considered guest host Laura Sullivan, "but Steve beat us to the punch and put up that sign — and all we had to do was knock on the door and introduce ourselves."

The Muslim community was building a new mosque, but it was a delicate time. Proposed Islamic centers were kicking up controversy from New York to Murfreesboro — another Tennessee town just 200 miles away from Cordova.

"We were looking at some close-by halls and rental spaces and none of them were available," Siddiqui says. They asked Stone if they could borrow a small space inside his Heartsong Church. "He said, 'No. You're going to pray in our main worship space.'"

"We were so honored to be asked, because we knew that if they ever had any thought that we would say no, they would not have asked us," Stone says.

Not everyone was as thrilled as Stone however. He received criticism from colleagues — and even members of his own church — who felt that he was blending Christianity and Islam. Ultimately, 20 members left his church, out of a congregation of 550.

"We had tried to work with them and think their way through it," Stone says, "but at the end of the day, if they really believed what they said they believed, we're kind of glad they left, because we didn't want them going out into the community and saying, 'We have these hateful feelings and we go to Heartsong Church.'"

Although the Memphis Islamic Center is now complete, the Muslim community keeps a strong relationship with Stone and Heartsong's members. Once a month, they get together to help the homeless in their neighborhood, and there are also plans to build a new park that would sit on both congregations' property.

"We have different faith traditions," Siddiqui says. "But at the same time, we know that we can get along, we know that we can work together. And we have respect for one another, because we are people of faith."
  http://www.npr.org/2011/08/21/139831309/a-ramadan-story-of-two-faiths-bound-in-friendship?ft=1&f=2
Re: "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 21, 2011
First off, all the debates we had, though sometimes heated were intended to expose the truth.

I bear you absolutely no ill will and if I saw you physically I bet we will be good friends. Like I have said a while back my bone of contention is with deception in ISLAM, falsehoods and distortion of truth.

I have been as hard on ISLAM as I have been on Catholicism, the prosperity gospel, false men of GOD, Jehovah Witnesses etc.

The problem really is that the more you keep telling lies and trying to ridicule the bible , the more I have to prove you wrong for the benefit of young Christians and doubting Muslims. But why is it only Muslims that are quick to fly into a rage, what about all the insults you have thrown at Christians on this site in the last year or so 

So please let us not get personal.

Now in reference to the Pastor, he has made a BIG mistake, ALLAH and GOD are not the same, and allowing MUSLIMS to pray to ALLAH in a church setting is blasphemy.

If he decided to provide them with accommodation, food etc, that’s fine and godly, but to worship and pray toward Mecca in a church This is an insult to GOD!!!

So apologies if this offends you , but I think the pastor has committed a SIN and needs to repent.

"No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons." - 1 Corinthians 10:20

" Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial[b]? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. , :" - 2 Corinthians 6:14 -16
Re: "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by Rich4god(m): 3:01pm On Aug 22, 2011
@frosbel, Am begining to doubt if u are a true christian as you claim. Am not trying to suport d fact dat its ok for muslims to pray inside a church, bt all am saying is that the way you respond to post here is really un-christian, If i kan remember, when pope Benedict visited turkey in 09, he was ushered into istabul mosque, where he had some moment of prayer. You are here criticizing the pastor, how are you sure it was inside the main church that the muslim prayed, u dont even knw if the pastor has a hall different frm d church. Plz, i abeg u, be reasonable when you post coment here. Tnx.
Re: "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by vedaxcool(m): 3:21pm On Aug 22, 2011
^^^^^

We do thank God that On the average Christians are not as Fanatical as he is.
Re: "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 22, 2011
Catholics and Muslims, same thing !!!

Of course you will agree !!!

GOD BLESS,

FROSBEL
Re: "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by vedaxcool(m): 3:44pm On Aug 22, 2011
vedaxcool:

^^^^^

Re: "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by Rich4god(m): 4:17pm On Aug 22, 2011
@frosbel, I have not seen a xtian who is so hostile to other faith/religion as you are, most time i wonder what your pastor teaches you. You seriously need deliverance.
Re: "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 22, 2011
^^^

I am not hostile to Muslims or Catholics for that mater . My family is largely catholic and some of my best friends are Muslims (not the fanatic brand though )

So don't be ridiculous and say I hate anyone.

As for your faith, Pope John Paul II compromised the christian standing when he kissed the Quran and accepted all faiths including buddhism as okay. This is BLASPHEMY !!!!

There is ONLY ONE WAY and that is through JESUS CHRIST , Period !!

ALLAH cannot save , Buddha cannot save and Krishna cannot save. ONLY JESUS Can save.

You see the catholic church is the biggest compromise of the faith in human history and more dangerous than ISLAM.

The other name of the Catholic church is the harlot church :
Re: "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by Rich4god(m): 6:04pm On Aug 22, 2011
That 1 kissed d koran doesnt mean he has anytin 2 do wt islam. Let me tell u, Paul was able 2 convert the Romans bekos he knws d culture of Rome and like wise other apostles, they v to knw d culture of the people before preaching the gospel. And as you kan see in the picture you posted, all these religious heads respects the pope very well. There are times when preaching the gospel wont change the heart of other faiths, rather your good work will do d trick. There was a catholic missionary who went to china to preach, he was unable to convert d chinese tru preachin, d only way he did it was to bekom a chinese monk, a full monk, and he was able to convert d chinese through his good work as a chinese monk. The catholic use of images started with the fact that most of the old religions uses images in their worship and so, in order for the catholics to get to them, they have to substitute their idols, with xtians images while stil directin them abt d mighty 1 wch is God, Even me, am a xtian n a katholic stayin in kano n i v entered muslim place of worship (mosque) a number of times n dat does nt mk me 2 blasphem against my faith. Think well b4 u criticize others. to convert d chinese through his good work as a chinese monk. The catholic use of images started with the fact that most of the old religions uses images in their worship and so, in order for the catholics to get to them, they have to substitute their idols, with xtians images while stil directin them abt d mighty 1 wch is God, Even me, am a xtian n a katholic stayin in kano n i v entered muslim place of worship (mosque) a number of times n dat does nt mk me 2 blasphem against my faith. Think well b4 u criticize others.
Re: "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 22, 2011
^^^

Please do not take it personal , I have NOTHING against Individuals at all.

But kissing the Koran by a Christian is not the way to win Muslims over, the Quran is not God's book !!!

You win muslims by speaking the truth in LOVE, exposing the heresy of their scripture, loving them,  supporting them when they are in need or peril, but NEVER compromisng with their belief system.

Am I to become a voodoo priest to win over voodoo worshippers 

God forbid.

"You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons." - 1 Corinthians 10:21
Re: "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:26pm On Aug 22, 2011
Unfortunately Stories differ from FACTS and the fact is the so-called 0.01% of Violent, Butt-scratching, phlegm-spewing, women-beating/castrating/antagonizing, education-hating and utterly terrorist-loving muslims have raised the mute voices of the remaining 99.9% Peace-loving, Allah-Worshiping Muslims - or is this simply a scandalous myth why are muslims quiet about this violent, war-loving ingrates of humanity (if they do not wholly support them)
Re: "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by Nobody: 5:11am On Aug 23, 2011
Rich4god:

@frosbel, Am begining to doubt if u are a true christian as you claim. Am not trying to suport d fact dat its ok for muslims to pray inside a church, bt all am saying is that the way you respond to post here is really un-christian, If i kan remember, when pope Benedict visited turkey in 09, he was ushered into istabul mosque, where he had some moment of prayer. You are here criticizing the pastor, how are you sure it was inside the main church that the muslim prayed, u dont even knw if the pastor has a hall different frm d church. Plz, i abeg u, be reasonable when you post coment here. Tnx.

Neither are you compromising, wishy-washy individual a christian. Read the bible . . . no where do we see Christ compromising with the pharisees and sadducees all in the name of "tolerance". On mount carmel, Elisha slew 450 prophets of baal, he didnt go around holding them by the hand or asking them to usher him into their temple in the spirit of "love". You dont seem to understand your bible at all.
Re: "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by Nobody: 5:12am On Aug 23, 2011
vedaxcool:

^^^^^

which is quite an irony considering what muslims would do should a christian DARE call the name of Jesus or Paul in the mosque. Such disgustingly fraudulent, intolerant sons of the devil.
Re: "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by vedaxcool(m): 7:57am On Aug 23, 2011
davidylan:

which is quite an irony considering what muslims would do should a christian DARE call the name of Jesus or Paul in the mosque. Such disgustingly fraudulent, intolerant sons of the devil.

Will you stop emabarrasing us with your Ignorance! Andrew Bereviek Junior! Let show you the deapths of your ignorance, fanatic!
LagosShia:

this is particularly for "frosbel".this pastor is a good human being first of all and he exemplifies tolerance and co-existence.even if i do not like christianity or christians for all that christians,ignorant and fanatical ones like "frosbel" have done on nairaland,i cannot hate such a man like this pastor (read story below).infact he exemplifies an islamic spirit I know of and appreciate and reminds me of verse 2:256 of the holy Quran which says :"there shall be no compulsion in religion".this man also reminds me of how the Prophet Muhammad (sa) welcomed the christians of Najran and allowed them to pray in the Masjid al-Nabawi (the Prophet's mosque in Medina) which is today is second holiest place of Islam and all Muslims.in other words this pastor has followed the sunnah (practice) of our beloved Prophet (sa) and therefore he too is beloeved to me.our hatred-filled and arrogant pastors in Nigeria who instead of leading by example, themselves issue provocative and inciting statements against muslims have alot to learn from their counterpart in Memphis.

tic!
Seeing they see not, Hearing they hear not they are deaf dumb and blind they will never return to the path, for verily they are false to themselves!

lagerwhenindoubt:

Unfortunately Stories differ from FACTS and the fact is the so-called 0.01% of Violent, Butt-scratching, phlegm-spewing, women-beating/castrating/antagonizing, education-hating and utterly terrorist-loving muslims have raised the mute voices of the remaining 99.9% Peace-loving, Allah-Worshiping Muslims - or is this simply a scandalous myth why are muslims quiet about this violent, war-loving ingrates of humanity (if they do not wholly support them)

It is either you are not informed as you think or want to be deliberately mischievous, as they are ample evidence to show muslims have condemned and have continue to condemned acts of violence committed by Muslims, unlike the Christians who usually turn such acts for political gain, you say their voices are louder than the 99.9% I beg to differ 100% of the Christians Zionist run media enjoys playing the insignificant proportion than the bulk who keeps saying we abhor violence, this same violence that has claimed the life of more Muslims than non believers, in essence the 0.01% are not loud but the media makes them loud. It is worthy to note that Muslim in Spain issued a fatwa during the mandrid bombings declaring that Osama bin Laden actions are against Islamic rules and hence he cannot be considered a muslim. It is indeed worthy to note that Terrorist thrive on air time, and the Christian zionist media supplys them this air time for their own myopic objectives.
Re: "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by Rich4god(m): 8:15am On Aug 23, 2011
Neither are you compromising, wishy-washy individual a christian. Read the bible . . . no where do we see Christ compromising with the pharisees and sadducees all in the name of "tolerance". On mount carmel, Elisha slew 450 prophets of baal, he didnt go around holding them by the hand or asking them to usher him into their temple in the spirit of "love". You dont seem to understand your bible at all.
@davidylan, you are getting so many things wrong, the pharisees accused JESUS of mingling with the sinners, and what did Christ said to them, or are you going to say that christ Himself has compromised, Also, when Jesus was 12, He was found in the temple sitting with the Jewish teachers asking them questions, did He compromise, When Jesus sent out the seventy-two disciple to preach, He said to them to take nothing with you, and that all your needs will be taken care of by those they visit; am pretty sure that during their evangelization, they must have came across pagans who gave them a warm wellcome, now am sure you would say that the disciples have compromised, So please, so long you know what you are there for, you are not compromising yourself in that situation. The white missionary that came into Africa have to absorb the African culture into the church in order for them to reach deep into the people ( thats why an average African church sings and dance alot).
Re: "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 23, 2011
Rich4god:

@davidylan, you are getting so many things wrong, the pharisees accused JESUS of mingling with the sinners, and what did Christ said to them, or are you going to say that christ Himself has compromised, Also, when Jesus was 12, He was found in the temple sitting with the Jewish teachers asking them questions, did He compromise, When Jesus sent out the seventy-two disciple to preach, He said to them to take nothing with you, and that all your needs will be taken care of by those they visit; am pretty sure that during their evangelization, they must have came across pagans who gave them a warm wellcome, now am sure you would say that the disciples have compromised, So please, so long you know what you are there for, you are not compromising yourself in that situation. The white missionary that came into Africa have to absorb the African culture into the church in order for them to reach deep into the people ( thats why an average African church sings and dance alot).

Note that Christ "mingled" with sinners with the INTENT to preach the word to them not to go and kiss their quran.
Re: "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by LagosShia: 10:12pm On Aug 23, 2011
"Bible (im)morality"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739876.0.html

"Where Is Jesus"?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739871.0.html

"Bible Verses Churches Conceal From Your Ears":
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-743341.0.html

"Killing Children Is Bible Miracle"!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-735998.0.html

"According To The Bible:if Your Wife Saves Your Life,you Cut Off Her Hand"!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=736626.msg8931460#msg8931460

"Jesus Never Told Anyone He Will Die For Them"!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-735489.0.html

"Bible Scholars Admit To Bible Text Discrepancies"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-734053.0.html

"the Christian God:blood And Human Sacrifice"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-651811.0.html

"original Sin"-linking It To An Imperfect God!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-551599.0.html

"False Prophecies Of The New Testament" (bible)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-550247.0.html

"The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word"?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-729581.0.html

"The Christian Resurrection Myth"!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739850.0.html

"Ill-fitting/hillarious Qualities Of God In The Bible"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739934.0.html

"Violent Christians,"turn-the-cheek" Pretenders Burning London And Other Cities"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-732120.0.html

"Weekly Crusaders' Report-this Thread Would Be Updated Regularly"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-732741.0.html

"Norway Christian Terrorist Motive:"to Demand Crusade Against Spread Of Islam"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-719777.0.html

"German Priest Burns Himself To Death To Protest Spread Of Islam"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-551584.0.html

"Why Muslims Pray In Arabic"?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-574141.0.html
Re: "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 23, 2011
^^^^^^

just as i thought , you have run out of lies to tell on behalf of muhammad.
Re: "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by LagosShia: 10:59pm On Aug 23, 2011
frosbel:

^^^^^^
just as i thought , you have run out of lies to tell on behalf of muhammad.

LOL
Re: "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by Sweetnecta: 12:12am On Aug 24, 2011
[Quote]« #15 on: Yesterday at 01:56:18 PM »

Quote from: Rich4god on Yesterday at 08:15:35 AM

[b]Note that Christ "mingled" with sinners with the INTENT to preach the word [/b]to them not to go and kiss their quran.p.Quote[christ was a sinner or how do you explain his calling somebody a fool, when he said such an utterance takes the person to hell?

what is the word that it preached, if you are sincere and you are not a liar like your father who was before a killer?

show me what he preached; pages of what he preached not stories about him.
[/quote]
Re: "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by Sweetnecta: 12:15am On Aug 24, 2011
[christ was a sinner or how do you explain his calling somebody a fool, when he said such an utterance takes the person to hell?

what is the word that it preached, if you are sincere and you are not a liar like your father who was before a killer?

Re: "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by Nobody: 12:32am On Aug 24, 2011
Sweetnecta:

[christ was a sinner or how do you explain his calling somebody a fool, when he said such an utterance takes the person to hell?

of course, after you have produced the injeel allah LIED shamelessly to have sent thru him.
Re: "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by LagosShia: 11:24am On Aug 24, 2011
davidylan:

of course, after you have produced the injeel allah LIED shamelessly to have sent thru him.

John 5:30
By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I [b]hear, [/b]and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

John 5:19
Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.
Re: "frosbel" Learn How A Good Christian Behaves With Muslims And Tolerates Others by marcus1234: 11:27am On Aug 24, 2011

(1) (Reply)

What Is Replacement Theology? / Death Is A Customized Car- Bishop Mike Okonkwo / Sources Of Curses and spiritual problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.