Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! (13093 Views)

Poll: Do you support this arrest?

Yes: 61% (81 votes)
No: 38% (51 votes)
This poll has ended

Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Addressing Panel At Stock Market Probe - Live / Okereke-Onyuike Was Sacked For Spending ₦186m On Rolex Watches - Arunma Oteh / Court Nullifies Removal Of Ndi Okereke-Onyuike, Awards Her N500m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by xyoun: 1:18pm On Aug 21, 2008
candy:

I don't think anyone is supporting her action  
Her action is not noble--agreed
cEFCC's action is uncalled for--yes!

Wetin u dey talk self

EFCC's action is uncalled for--yes!

how can u say dat?

she should be executed

@stanloski
are you a bulgaria?
gossssssssssssssshh
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by bashali: 1:20pm On Aug 21, 2008
[QUOTE]don't you know that YOU NORTHERNERS are the one drawing us back.

Without this NORTHERNERS ,Naija would have become one of the G8 countries in the world. [/QUOTE]

WHO IS DRAWING YOU PEOPLE WHO ARE LAZY BACK,  IS IT THE IJAW MAN WHO SIT ON LAZY YASH DRINKING OGOGORO, THAT NEVER WORKS BUT WANT MORE MONEY FOR DOING NOTHING,  THIEF. OR THE LAZY YORUBAMAN WHO IS A BUS CONDUCTOR,  IS THAT WORK.

YOU PEOPLE ARE NOT MEN BUT COWARD. WE RULE OVER YOU FOR 42 YEARS, YOU CLAIM WE ARE NOT SMART, WHEN WE RULE FOR ANOTHER 42 YEARS,  I KNOW MY BROTHER YAR ADUA WOULD NEVER HAND OVER TO A SOUTHERNER. YOU COWARD WAIT FOR ANOTHER 42 YEARS,  COWARD,

WE NORTHERNER WAKE UP EACH DAY GO TO THE FARM AND FEED YOU LAZY PEOPLE,

IF YOU THINK WE ARE DRAWING YOU BACK, WHY DONT YOU LAZY PEOPLE LEAVE. WHO IS HOLDING YOU. AND TAKE YOUR BLOOD BACK STABBERS TIV PEOPLE AND KWARA WITH YOU. COWARDS.

AND YOU THE OTHER,  WHY WOULD EFCC ARREST IBB OR ATIKU, DO THEY LOOK LIKE BASTARD,  THEY ARE NORTHERNER, DO YOU ARREST KINGS IN YOUR TOWNS.

OUR PEOPLE WILL CONTINUE TO RULE OF YOU. SHIKENA
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by obyann(f): 1:31pm On Aug 21, 2008
Iyke-D:

The legal amount is $2300.   While I think she needs to go, it will really be interesting if she was arrested based
on some foolish petition or comments from someone up high, at least, the original EFCC under Ribadu did
not follow knee jerk reaction in arresting people. Come to think of it, is this even an economic crime? Couldn't they
write to her asking for explanation on the true mission of the fund raiser? Oh well, welcome to the new and improved EFCC! (sic)

True talk
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by Ollajay: 1:32pm On Aug 21, 2008
Granted that American law prohibits external funding of their campaigns and elections, but does any Nigerian law prohibit anybody from raising fund in support of internal or external campaigns or causes.

Even if what Dr Onyinuke did is immoral, (which I totally disagree with) is it illegal under the Efcc Act? Is it an economic crime? Some say Nigeria is embarrassed, even if that is true, is that an economic crime under efcc Act? The efcc do not have power to do everything. And contrary to popular views, they do not have to investigate every petition no matter how frivolous; particularly if it is outside the efcc Act.

I have friends in Lagos who have formed groups in support of Obama campaign. They raise money to make Obama fez caps, T shits, stickers, dinners etc They invited me to join but because I am not in support of Obama, I did not. Unfortunately, Macain, who is my favoured candidate do not have much support in Nigeria. I am willing to contribute to support Macain election in any way.

This is similar to what Nigerians are doing in support of British League. I am a die hard Arsenal fan, I can sell my car in support of Arsenal and the Arsenal group in Nigeria.

In the same way, I believe that those that supports Obama can come together to contribute money and do something together. The money need not be sent to Obama Campaign team. It can be utilised locally. Out of all the moneys contributed by all the Nigerian supporters of English premier league clubs like Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, etc, how much was remmitted to England?

I am yet to understand the Economic crime element for which Mrs Oyinuke is reported to have been arressted. I do not think that those who contributed the money are misled or duped. At least, non of them has complained yet.

In the final analysis, the act of raising fund fo Obama campaign, without more, do not constitute economic crime under the efcc act.

I stand to be corrected!
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by kemisuga(f): 1:32pm On Aug 21, 2008
interesting
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by mogentle(m): 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2008
@everybody
Bashali is happy with all your responses,he is not a notherner,He is simply here to change the topic because he doesnt know how to post a topic on nairaland forum, Ignore him, He will become fraustrated.

Okereke is not busy ,thats why she could get into such.
And Mrs Farida Waziri, why dont you treat bigger cases like that of Present & Ex Govs, ministers, senators currption file and score point instead of wasting time on this trivial issue that can be handled buy her boss.?
Mrs Farida, saharareporters.com has all your secrets, watch out,
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by wamby(m): 1:39pm On Aug 21, 2008
My fellow Nigerians, why is it we Nigerians r eager to hear EFCC have arrested a prominent person in our lovely country Nigeria
i believe this forum is made up of scholars.
EFCC invited Ndi okereke-onyuike to clarify the air why she did that.
She was never @ any time detained or arrested
EFCC is doing a good job to protect the image of our their county Nigeria
They can''t prosecute someone that had a free mind to celebrate with OBAMA as an African america.
Nigeria we should get up to protect our image as the americans do. we shouldn't be inferior to the world @ large
I understand most of our leaders have disappointed us -corruption, money laundering malpractice and watever as the case may be.
Ndi okereke- Stock Exchange DG, is either my aunt or my mum, but i believe she over expressed joy of having an African America contesting 4 united states president
which as a citizen she claimed to be, we should support him to give him a vote of confidence.
I use this media to tell my fellow nigerians to get back to our national dailies and read it well and stop subscribing to motor park people ideas
that do not understand the clause used in our National Dailies.

THANK YOU!!
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by chucksd: 1:43pm On Aug 21, 2008
YOU MUST BE A WHITE MAN. IN NIGERIA OUR PEOPLE ARE POWER, WHO NEED THE POLICE, WE CAN ARREST ANYONE.

NONSENSE, WALAHI, EVEN IF THEY HAVE NO REASON,THEY SHOULD ARREST ALL THIS SOUTHERNER, THEY TALK TOO MUCH,

EITHER SHE COMMIT CRIME OR NOT THEY SHOULD ARREST HER,

YAR ADUA SHOULD REMOVE THE AZAZI AND PUT OUR PEOPLE AS FORCE LEADER. AND TAKE ALL THE WEAPON TO THE NORTH SO THAT WE CAN FIGHT THIS SOUTHERNERS.

OBASANJO YOU ARE NEXT, SOLUDO YOU WOULD GO TO JAIL TOO. YAR ADUA ARREST SARAKI, DAVID MARK, AND DECLEAR AREWA,

AREWA LIVE ON.

please basali dont post this kinda stuff on nairaland.i know you are not a northerner neither am i but you are just trying to sow thed seed of discord in the mind of people.hope u get that dumb head.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by stanloski(m): 1:45pm On Aug 21, 2008
Wamby u are da man! it seems some forumites don't read other posts! Always in a hurry to be heard I will repeat what i posted earlier

EFCC INVITED HER TO EXPLAIN HERSELF BASED ON A PETITION FILED BY LAGOS BASED LAWYER FESTUS KEYAMO. EFCC IS BOUND BY LAW TO LOOK INTO PETITIONS WHETHER THERE IS ANY SUBSTANCE!

JESUS!

@XYOUN
AM A NAIJA MAN! 100% AND WITH NO APOLOGIES
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by mogentle(m): 1:47pm On Aug 21, 2008
Since this woman take over EFCC, no politician has been prosecuted, but people are watching. Arrest today , release tomorrow, that's what she is there to do.
Instead of facing the real business, EFCC is chasing Ribadu and his boys when real corrupt and accused people are walking freely. Well that could be part of Vission 2020, i mean Full-fledge corruption.

Onyiuke Okereke, dont worry , no be EFCC? just give Farida some part of the donation,you will be released before 3pm. I trust.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by muyithomas(m): 1:51pm On Aug 21, 2008
Well everyone have spoken well.But i think it is high time we give a sense of judgement in whatever happens in this country.Anybody can just do whatever they like and go away with it.Ndidi Okereke has not still clearified the issue of Transcorp and Baba Iyabo.
Remember Kanu's one million match support for Abacha in Abuja.Tomorrow now another crook will come out for Nigerian Support/fund raising  for Yar'adua's Live Time Tenure..A lot of deception going on,please buyers  beware.

I beg e don do now, !  sad
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by mogentle(m): 1:54pm On Aug 21, 2008
Old sins have long shadowssssssssssss

He who has hear, let him hear,
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by ud4u: 1:55pm On Aug 21, 2008
Hello house,

Lets stop deviating from the truth, EFCC should arrest Obasanjo, Atiku, infact the list is too numerous to mention. They should face the facts and stop pursuing shadows.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by slyk2(m): 1:56pm On Aug 21, 2008
are they serious?
EFCC is known for arrest and release.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by eminemkayc: 1:56pm On Aug 21, 2008
I REALLY HAVE NOTHING TO SAY NOW COS AM STILL STUDYING THE EVENTS LEADING TO HER ARREST!! MEANWHILE, I THINK IT SERVES HER RIGHT!! tongue tongue WHY ENGAGE IN SUCH FROLICSOME VENTURE? sad sad WHY DON'T THEY ORGANIZE SIMILAR DINNERS FOR THOSE OPULENT LOTS WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO WITH THEIR WEALTH, IN ORDER TO RAISE FUNDS FOR THE REHABILITATION OF ROADS IN OKOTA, SURULERE, FESTAC AND THE REST!! INSTEAD, THEY'RE THINKING OF SOMEONE ELSE IN FAR AWAY UNITED STATES CLAIMING CAMARADERIE!! SOMETIMES, I FEEL NIGERIAN LEADERS REALLY NEED THEIR HEADS EXAMINED TO DETERMINE THEIR MENTAL STATUS!! grin grin AS I SAID, AM STILL STUDYING THE THEATRICAL EVENTS!!
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by mogentle(m): 2:04pm On Aug 21, 2008
To EFCC and YARADUA, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

To Okereke, cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by muyithomas(m): 2:08pm On Aug 21, 2008
Some said at the end of the fund raising,you'll begin to hear various stories of embesulment again.I quite agree with this because there has never been an end to this in Naija.The arrest today release tomorrow syndrom has not changed anything in this country.
This is the reason why most people just misbehave and get away with it.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by xyoun: 2:09pm On Aug 21, 2008
mogentle:

@everybody
Bashali is happy with all your responses,he is not a notherner,He is simply here to change the topic because he doesnt know how to post a topic on nairaland forum, Ignore him, He will become fraustrated.

Okereke is not busy ,thats why she could get into such.
And Mrs Farida Waziri, why don't you treat bigger cases like that of Present & Ex Govs, ministers, senators currption file and score point instead of wasting time on this trivial issue that can be handled buy her boss.?
Mrs Farida, saharareporters.com has all your secrets, watch out,

Bashali is happy with all your responses,he is not a notherner,He is simply here to change the topic because he doesnt know how to post a topic on nairaland forum, Ignore him, He will become fraustrated

you are right man

I  THEREBY DECLARE WAR UPON THE NORTHERNER

i am with my SUICIDE BOMBING EQUIPMENT heading to ZAMFARA right now
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by eminemkayc: 2:17pm On Aug 21, 2008
Some said at the end of the fund raising,you'll begin to hear various stories of embesulment again.I quite agree with this because there has never been an end to this in Naija.The arrest today release tomorrow syndrom has not changed anything in this country.
This is the reason why most people just misbehave and get away with it.
UVE JUST RAISED A VALID POINT HERE!! THE ARREST AND RELEASE SYNDROME IS MADING ME MMMMAAAAADDDD!! WHY SHOULD THESE JUDGES BE RELEASING THESE ERRANT HOODLUMS EVERY NOW AND AGAIN ON BAIL!! ITS SOMETHING WORTH EXCORIATING shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by obyann(f): 2:18pm On Aug 21, 2008
Iyke-D:

What are they giving people like you smoke nowadays?  What has sharia or many years that your "brothers" have run the country
done for the North?  The country is currently without direction and you are here talking about "your brother" Yar Adua? Please stop
kidding yourself or better yet stop sniffing the gutters to get high!   

Thank you. What do you expect from an aboki roasting suya by the roadside.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by mogentle(m): 2:20pm On Aug 21, 2008
@XYOUN
You dont have to raise fund like okereke
I hereby donate 2000 Sub machine gun to your Firing Campaign. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by bashali: 2:20pm On Aug 21, 2008
XYOUN , YOU YORUBAMAN, IF YOU DO NOT KEEP QUIET, WE WOULD REMOVE YOU AND YOUR STUPID YORUBA AND YOUR SMALL LAND TO JOIN YOUR OTHER BROTHERS IN BENIN REPUBLIC. DO YOU WANT TO JOIN BENIN REPUBLIC, KEEP QUIET OR WE PUSH YOU TO REPUBLIC OF BENIN,
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by muyithomas(m): 2:24pm On Aug 21, 2008
Well it appears that there are some no go area for EFCC i.e Obj,Atiku and the likes.What do you think?
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by bashali: 2:28pm On Aug 21, 2008
XYOU, WHEN WE PUSH YOU TO REPUBLIC OF BENIN. YOUR PEOPLE ALREADY HAVE ONE OF ITS TOWN AS THE CAPITAL OF BENIN REPUBLIC, PROTO NOVO, SO YOU MISS ABUJA, 

SO WE DONT NEED YOU PEOPLE,  GO AWAY. TROUBLE MAKERS GO TO YOUR COUTRY, YOU ARE ALL FROM BENIN REPUBLIC, ,
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by ayobase(m): 2:29pm On Aug 21, 2008
Na wa oo,
No comment here.

Lets see what comes out
of the whole thing
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by emmydee(m): 2:33pm On Aug 21, 2008
Am sure she must have gone pass her limit. She may have gone contrary to what the law stipulates, so, she was arrested. It's ok.

Let's see how everything goes.

Obama has already won the elections. I know black people all over the world are very sentimental about this so they can do anything just to make it a reality.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by brushparke(m): 2:34pm On Aug 21, 2008
what are you guys saying? That she didn't know what she was doing? i don't think she is that naive. Is she not MADAM NSE again?

Abeg make we hear word. She is not different from those who use their positions to rip off the ignorant poblic.
Let her explain what she planned to do with the money because we all know that money can't be given to Obama.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by brushparke(m): 2:37pm On Aug 21, 2008
what are you guys saying? That she didn't know what she was doing? i don't think she is that naive. Is she not MADAM NSE again?

Abeg make we hear word. She is not different from those who use their positions to rip off the ignorant poblic.
Let her explain what she planned to do with the money because we all know that money can't be given to Obama.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by mogentle(m): 2:39pm On Aug 21, 2008
@muyithomas
The answer to your good question  is at www.saharareporters.com, the fearless online news agency, there u will know the origin of Farida Waziri.

She is thyere to kill EFCC, and make it a toothless bulldog.
Instead of following up the cases been handled by  former EFCC body, the woman is going about chasing shadow.

Okereke's invitation is useless, why?,  'because nothing will come out of it.
EFCC has never achieved anything during this regime and Okereke issue cannot be the first mark they will score, BUUULLLLL SHHHIIIITTTT.

@XYOUN
Please don't reply that goat called bashali, he has come back looking for response.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by shilling(f): 2:42pm On Aug 21, 2008
Raising money for Obama. What a joke. Although she claims the fundraising dinner was to sensitize Nigerians living overseas and encourage them to vote for Obama. See how Nigerians they mumu themselves for Obama.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by Caliente(m): 2:46pm On Aug 21, 2008
[size=13pt]Another Obama trash. What has Obama's political ambition got to do with Nigerians? These Obama freaks are just FREAKS. I think my boss is one of them lipsrsealed[/size]
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 21, 2008
'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Deplorable State Of Eyita Ikorodu Road LAGOS / ‘We Are Working To Produce Igbo President For Nigeria’- Ohaneze / PDP Destroyed Anambra, Alleges Obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.