Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? (3348 Views)

8 Places Materialistic Ladies Choose For Valentine That Scare Many Guys Away / I Want To Quit My GF Cause She Is Too Materialistic / Why Is It That Hausa/Fulani Girls Are Not As Materialistic As Girls From The South? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by vampire(m): 7:31am On Sep 04, 2008
well it is like that all over the world, and it has bn like that since adam and EVE, not peculiar just bad habit of women
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by blokoncept(m): 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2008
i need nmo clue on this
so make your contributions. thanx
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by blokoncept(m): 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2008
do you think so?
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by GsUp: 12:28am On Sep 17, 2008
Nowadays womens minds tend to be affected a lot more by the images conveyed by the media. Alot of them see life as one big rap video - full of cars mansions and material things, but they do not understand the hard work it takes to attain that standard of living. Some Nigeirian women - particularly the ones who were and are still doted on by their parents expect young men to be driving a Merecedes S Class before the age of twenty three. I kid you not! It is good to aim high, but if a man has spent most of his early 20s in education then women have to be realistic.

The trend of going after ready made men means that women will have to get married later, as men are too busy getting 'ready made' to settle down.

From a female perspective, the advantage of this trend is instant financial security without having made a contribution.

However, it does put a female at a disadvantage because it narrows her scope in terms of her (non-financial) contribution (e.g. ideas etc). A man is less likely to value her opinion on certain decisions because he built his dynasty without her assistance, whereas a woman who was with him when he started out or was on his way up - (long before he reached the pinnacle) is more likely to trusted, as her contribution (even if it wasn't financial, but maybe through her emotional support etc) is likely to be much greater. He will respect her and cherish her more than the woman who suddenly appeared on the scene at his zenith.

Love nowadays is much more of a minefield than our parents generation, but that is only because this present generation have made it that way with unrealistic expectations and fantasy living.
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by yongbabe(f): 12:36am On Sep 17, 2008
y in da world would i stick 2 a poor guy,
whn i know i can hav a rich one?
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by GsUp: 12:52am On Sep 17, 2008
This is not about rich guy/poor guy, but rather about the mentality of modern women.

Any guy who has become rich through his own efforts rather than by hand-outs from parents will want a woman with the right motives. She has got to be there to enhance his life rather than just spend his hard earned dough.
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by yongbabe(f): 1:40am On Sep 17, 2008
who sayz just cause she is materialstic her oda motives hav 2 b wrong?
ok 4 guys

would u date an ugly girl?
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by Akinagirl(f): 3:18am On Sep 17, 2008
I don't think it has anything to do with it. I think hes trying to say he wants a girl that is not a liability to him. Someone that will contribute something to his life and not just use him.
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by GsUp: 8:45pm On Sep 17, 2008
Akinagirl:

I don't think it has anything to do with it. I think hes trying to say he wants a girl that is not a liability to him. Someone that will contribute something to his life and not just use him.

At least someone understands the point I am trying to make
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by blokoncept(m): 10:43am On Oct 11, 2008
SOMEBODY POSTED THIS REPLY, PLS READ ON!

Nowadays womens minds tend to be affected a lot more by the images conveyed by the media. Alot of them see life as one big rap video - full of cars mansions and material things, but they do not understand the hard work it takes to attain that standard of living. Some Nigeirian women - particularly the ones who were and are still doted on by their parents expect young men to be driving a Merecedes S Class before the age of twenty three. I kid you not! It is good to aim high, but if a man has spent most of his early 20s in education then women have to be realistic.

The trend of going after ready made men means that women will have to get married later, as men are too busy getting 'ready made' to settle down.

From a female perspective, the advantage of this trend is instant financial security without having made a contribution.

However, it does put a female at a disadvantage because it narrows her scope in terms of her (non-financial) contribution (e.g. ideas etc). A man is less likely to value her opinion on certain decisions because he built his dynasty without her assistance, whereas a woman who was with him when he started out or was on his way up - (long before he reached the pinnacle) is more likely to trusted, as her contribution (even if it wasn't financial, but maybe through her emotional support etc) is likely to be much greater. He will respect her and cherish her more than the woman who suddenly appeared on the scene at his zenith.

Love nowadays is much more of a minefield than our parents generation, but that is only because this present generation have made it that way with unrealistic expectations and fantasy living.

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK,
remeber to discover the tips on how discover true love@www.lovermattaz..com
or email contribution to blokonceptz@gmail.com
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by Daxbiz(m): 1:46pm On Oct 11, 2008
So what's wrong with being materialistic. We all are!!! If not, then go date the beggar across your street.
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by whitelexi(m): 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2008
Daxbiz:

So what's wrong with being materialistic. We all are!!! If not, then go date the beggar across your street.

Nothing wrong with being materialistic but when it comes ahead of love in a relationship, there is something wrong there.
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by lammy2(f): 9:04pm On Oct 13, 2008
@post

Blame it on the poor economy in Naija
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by djcrucifix(m): 9:24pm On Oct 13, 2008
gurls are materialistic by default, i think it's an inborn thing, the thing just dey for their blood sha!!!, but not all of them are (but that one no mean say make you stingy)
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by CrazyMan(m): 11:54pm On Oct 13, 2008
You can't blame them. The country is very tight and most ofthem can't even afford three square meal per day. So these poor girls are left with no choice than to demand material things from any guy that shows intrest in them.
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by richo(m): 12:00am On Oct 14, 2008
crazykid:

You can't blame them. The country is very tight and most ofthem [/b[b]]can't even afford three square meal per day. So these poor girls are left with no choice than to demand material things from any guy that shows intrest in them.

guy no miss yarn!! they can afford even four square meal but they prefare using the money to make hair and chopping ur own food.
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by CrazyMan(m): 12:04am On Oct 14, 2008
We guys de really suffer
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by richo(m): 12:09am On Oct 14, 2008
theres this girl i dated that said she doesnt like depending on guys apart from her dad for money. even if when we go to eat sometimes she pays!
i try not to follow the broke blood sucking ones once u see dya shoe, handbang cloths and finger nails u should know if she's local

bush girls also tend to have unkempt feet
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by blokoncept(m): 4:02pm On Oct 16, 2008
this is making our girls to loose out of wounderful r/s that holds bright future.
GIRL ARE TOO MYOPIC

discover how to find true love@
www.lovermattaz..com
for free consulting.call:08050872315
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by enfuse(m): 6:53pm On Oct 16, 2008
Common guys, let's live up to our responsibilities. You can't feel comfortable if u get married to a girl who enjoyed some level of comfort when she was in her parent's house but hoop a round on okada when she's married to you.
Some girls are quite expensive to carter for and if you are in a relationship with such, you just have to leave up (if you truly love her). Also, the lady on her part should contribute to
the relationship.
I get irritated when a girl gives you the impression that she was born with a platinum spoon when she's actually cheap. And yet has no intention of developing herself or bringing anything to the table but prefers running after made guys.
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by Nmeka(m): 7:03pm On Oct 16, 2008
lol, see as girls jus dey para becoz of this post, hahhahahaahahahhahahahaaahhaha, but itz true, majority of girls luv materialistic tins, n if a guy cant afford them they jump ships, lol, anyway not all girls re lyk dat n also guyz re to blame coz it all depends on how u approached her in d frist place, maybe u showed urself as sum one with too much money, so lets not die ova this, lol, dat guy reminds me of my friend who used d lyn i us lost my father n i am down hearted, to toast girls, hahahhahaha
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by Nmeka(m): 7:10pm On Oct 16, 2008
in every thin in lyf there jus has to b a balance or it wunt work out, it shud not always b abt d guyz pocket, d girl can assist with her purse too, anyway thaz lyf, we shud try to adjust, does dat datin zone stuff actually work?
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by Nmeka(m): 7:14pm On Oct 16, 2008
well i am off 2 d datin room, coz i am searchin, but still any chic interested in givn me a trial shud call 07034344875, or txt or flash self, lol, one luv.
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by GucciBabe(f): 7:33am On Oct 17, 2008
let go of your financial insecurities. the broke ones stay complaining . ***hisses***
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by bamaiyii(m): 5:47pm On Oct 17, 2008
When There Parents Have Failed In There Primary Responsibility They will Shit It To Any Victim They Can Find and Put There Whole Problems On His Neck Guys Open Your Eyes[/color][color=#000099]
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by rubi(f): 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2008
There are some things that are in the nature of a woman being materialistic is one of them but when it becomes cyfolding that is no longer Ideal
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by blokoncept(m): 10:13am On Oct 29, 2008
what are talking about .
this is killing our sistas.
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by soulamanne(m): 2:35pm On Oct 29, 2008
some guys dont ve style at all.i knew that guy would do that.why must u try to seek a gill's pity by claimin u were heartbroken.that isself is soundin like a brokenj record.
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by blokoncept(m): 3:58pm On Oct 30, 2008
let go there
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by dbaptist1(m): 1:25am On Oct 31, 2008
well it i feel its because of the harsh economic condition of thge country
the gotta survive you know grin
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by olaremint(m): 5:33am On Oct 31, 2008
@ poster,i know naija babes are the best,but the economy and poverty has really affected them.most girls just want to be comfortable and have security,guys are trying hard too,lets just hope things get better in this country so we can see the best of both sexes,luv you all. grin
Re: Why are Nigeria Babes Materialistic? by blokoncept(m): 7:06pm On Nov 01, 2008
alright we making head ways

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Am I An Alien Pls Guys I Need Your Help / Love-shyness: Of Men That Can't/don't Approach Women. / 10 Questions You Should Never Ask A Girl On Your First Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.