Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,873 members, 7,817,571 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics (5924 Views)

U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs USA (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by SeanT21(f): 4:36pm On Aug 24, 2008
onyinye2:

Yes and no. America does have its faults just like everyone. The problem is people only think of the USA as only the good. So when they hear of the bad it is like. . . . "OMG!!! I can't believe this actually exist in this country."

exactly, SOME PEOPLE MAKE AMERICA OUT TO BE LIKE HEAVEN THAT WHEN THEY COME HERE THEY GET CONFUSED AND SAY THINGS LIKE "dAMN, i NEVER KNEW PEOPLE WERE POOR IN AMERICA".

iT IS YOU THAT THINK AMERICA HAS NO PROBLEMS. Americans know that america have problems.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 4:38pm On Aug 24, 2008
presido1:

Iwu ezigbo nwanyi grin grin grin.
US is angry because everything is shifting to China. America hate china because of human right huh, Don't America have their own human right flaws(From rendition to water boarding). Thatz because they never report such in US but do in other country.
China will never be as good as America. They can lie all they want about "A Better Future" but everyone knows it is all a bunch of lies and propaganda. Who says they don't report it in the US? Goes to show you are not up to date on your American polices and such.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 24, 2008
onyinye2:

Yes and no. America does have its faults just like everyone. The problem is people only think of the USA as only the good. So when they hear of the bad it is like. . . . "OMG!!! I can't believe this actually exist in this country."
and who are this people?
Forgive me, but I must say, Americans themselves know that America is not all the goods it projects itself to be. The real problem is that people turn blind eye to bad times, so the media gives them what they want to hear/see.

When America was driving into an inflation, people knew it was coming, but with technology boom, who cares?
I mean, they're bust enjoying their iPods, MP3s, etc. . . . .which is what the Gov. wanted exactly, to direct them from the real problem that's coming ahead: inflation.

We were in debts. . . . . trillions spent on the war. How did we expect them to pay it off?
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 4:40pm On Aug 24, 2008
SeanT21:

exactly, SOME PEOPLE MAKE AMERICA OUT TO BE LIKE HEAVEN THAT WHEN THEY COME HERE THEY GET CONFUSED AND SAY THINGS LIKE "dAMN, i NEVER KNEW PEOPLE WERE POOR IN AMERICA".

iT IS YOU THAT THINK AMERICA HAS NO PROBLEMS. Americans know that america have problems.
America knows it has problems but outside countries refuse to see it. They use America as something to achieve as so they only focus on one thing.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by triistar86: 4:40pm On Aug 24, 2008
onyinye2:

Yes im an igbo girl and proud of it. I am have a Nigerian citizenship because my parents are from there. And i have ALWAYS had an American citizenship. Thank you very much. Of course no country will take defeat easily. Look at some of those Middle Eastern countries who punished some of its players for losing. Winning means a lot. Why do you think some of these Nigerians of this thread went on a freakin hunger strike when they lost in soccer? Winning brings pride and happiness to a country. So of course being that China is not the favorite of any country will do anything to restore pride to its country.
Oh stop your complaining. What do you want huh? Is it America's fault that you failed to take a little ownership of reading up on your host country's news? Do you want a national apology? Everyones knows not to rely on one source for information. Read a book, open a magazine, search the internet.

But Onyinye Its more like we are 4getting the fact that the olympics is not all about winning alone. If it was all about winning so many countries wont bother participating becos they would simply know right from the start that they dont stand a chance. Lets me give u an instance There is a particular country that brought only one athlete to the olympics, the athlete is a swimmer and they dont even have an olympic size swimming pool in their country, i hope u get what I am trying to say, US is much more Obsessed about winning all the games of the olympics even despite the fact that most of their athletes are not purely US Blood. The Spirit of the game is far more than that. U need to have watched Nig. Vs US. Soccer match, The commentators from US were just saying unimaginable things despite being aware that US is no country to reckon with when it comes to soccer.
I just thank God That US was not Heaven, If it were so It could better be imagined than experienced.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by SeanT21(f): 4:41pm On Aug 24, 2008
presido1:

Iwu ezigbo nwanyi grin grin grin.
US is angry because everything is shifting to China. America hate china because of human right huh, Don't America have their own human right flaws(From rendition to water boarding). Thatz because they never report such in US but do in other country.

How is everthing shiffting to China

Many fools on this board didn't even know china existed before the olympics. NOW THEY ARE KISSING CHINA ASS LIKE THEY KNOW SHIT ABOUT THEM!!!

China aint got no damn human rights. Did you know that many chinese were stripped of their homes to build the birds nest?
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by SeanT21(f): 4:44pm On Aug 24, 2008
triistar86:

But Onyinye Its more like we are 4getting the fact that the olympics is not all about winning alone. If it was all about winning so many countries wont bother participating because they would simply know right from the start that they don't stand a chance. Lets me give u an instance There is a particular country that brought only one athlete to the olympics, the athlete is a swimmer and they don't even have an olympic size swimming pool in their country, i hope u get what I am trying to say, US is much more Obsessed about winning all the games of the olympics even despite the fact that most of their athletes are not purely US Blood. The Spirit of the game is far more than that. You need to have watched Nig. Vs US. Soccer match, The commentators from US were just saying unimaginable things despite being aware that US is no country to reckon with when it comes to soccer.
I just thank God That US was not Heaven, If it were so It could better be imagined than experienced.

Every country is more obsessed with winning. NOT ONLY USA!!

That is the reason why China started preparing their athletes waaaaaaaaay before the olympics were to begin.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by Thor(m): 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2008
SeanT21:

That is the reason why China started preparing their athletes waaaaaaaaay before the olympics were to begin.

Well spoken lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by savanaha: 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2008
onyinye2:

Oh stop your complaining. What do you want huh? Is it America's fault that you failed to take a little ownership of reading up on your host country's news? Do you want a national apology? Everyones knows not to rely on one source for information. Read a book, open a magazine, search the internet.

Now am just confused. Are you sure your reading what am writing or are you just skimming through. When did I say I blame America for not reading anything or that I did not read up on China. I know al ot more about China than you do and that is exactly why am not partial. I live in America so I could be partial but having been to other parts of the world its the American partiality that makes them ignorant. I am aware of the China- Tibet drama. I also know about supposed human rights violations on China's own citizens. There are however some Chinese policies I like, for instance people getting the death penalty for fraud or using government fraud illegally. The Nigerian government could learn from that. Apparently you need to heed your own advice about news, you seem to be stuck on news from only American media and that is often globally translated to stuck on stupid. Everyone knows CNN and especially FOX are partial so thank God for BBC and a times Aljezeer. I don't need an apology I just need all you yea sayers for America to open your eyes. You might be patriotic but it is just stupid to act as if everything a country does is right just because you claim it. Wrong is wrong is wrong.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by Thor(m): 4:51pm On Aug 24, 2008
China = has the people (1.5 billion of them)
US and the UK = has the expertise and money to back there athletes

The US did well, so did team GB. China came top, nobody knows what kind of pressure or threats their athletes performed under, but they came top of the medal table.

I think team GB did a fantastic job, so did Jamaica for such a small nation.

This thread seems to contain pointless arguments amongst people who's nation pinned all their medal hopes on a game of football lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by savanaha: 4:55pm On Aug 24, 2008
idupaul:

@savannah

av seen your posts, please take my advice and do somtim more meaninful instead of arguing with people that never see reason in what others say.

You know what Idupaul you have given me the best advice in a long time. I realize why some people don't even get into meaningful debates on this forum because it just seems like killing brains cells with a bunch of daft people. The more you try to explain sensibly the more it spins out of control to name calling and crap. It is sad when you go to other countries with Americans and their ignorance to even simple things exude out like sweat. The worst thing though is when people who are first generation Americans act as ignorant. It is quiet disturbing.

P.S the ID Savanaha might not be a common name realistically but it stuck me as a female name however many people on here do not have the common sense enough to realize that it is more feminine that masculine.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by SeanT21(f): 4:55pm On Aug 24, 2008
Thor:

The US did well, so did team GB. China came top, nobody knows what kind of pressure or threats their athletes performed under, but they came top of the medal table.

This thread seems to contain pointless arguments amongst people who's nation pinned all their medal hopes on a game of football lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

LMAO
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by triistar86: 4:56pm On Aug 24, 2008
SeanT21:

Yea that is the problem, Winning the Olympics is not a do or die affair and it should not be an obsession. We need to imbibe the spirit of the Games. That is why it is not like FIFA world cup where all u have is only soccer or why do you think there are so many games in the Olympics? U can prepare as much as possible but just have it your mind that there is more to the Olympics than winning. We cant all be winners but there is a feeling in the olympic games that makes even the losers (not the Obsessed ones like US) have a feel of victory. Thats all the game is out for. Do you the passing of the Olympic torch around the world is just for fun, No ma sis it isnt.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by triistar86: 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2008
Thor:

Did you just make a point or are u trying to make a point, ?
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by savanaha: 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2008
Thor:

How or where did you deduce such an opinion? I think in terms of football (soccer) you are on the wrong thread. If you even bothered to read any of the posts you will realize that no one on this specific thread is neither contemplating nor discussing the silver Nigeria got. We were talking about the medals China and American got.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by SeanT21(f): 4:59pm On Aug 24, 2008
savanaha:

You know what Idupaul you have given me the best advice in a long time. I realize why some people don't even get into meaningful debates on this forum because it just seems like killing brains cells with a bunch of daft people. The more you try to explain sensibly the more it spins out of control to name calling and crap. It is sad when you go to other countries with Americans and their ignorance to even simple things exude out like sweat. The worst thing though is when people who are first generation Americans act as ignorant. It is quiet disturbing.

P.S the ID Savanaha might not be a common name realistically but it stuck me as a female name however many people on here do not have the common sense enough to realize that it is more feminine that masculine.

And You call Yourself Smart and You are on here criticizing a whole country. Anyways, I hope You wipe the dust off your Harvard degree. You are too smart to be arguing with us.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by savanaha: 5:05pm On Aug 24, 2008
SeanT21:

And You call Yourself Smart and You are on here criticizing a whole country. Anyways, I hope You wipe the dust off your Harvard degree. You are too smart to be arguing with us.

While I consider myself quiet intelligent I do not recall calling myself smart so from the begining your making up sht. Secondly where am I criticizing a whole country? Thirdly when people like you realize your arguments are baseless and merely circular you call the simple act of thinking being from HArvard. But thanks for the compliments anyways. Yes!! you said it not me, I am too smart to be arguing with the likes of you.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by SeanT21(f): 5:08pm On Aug 24, 2008
savanaha:

While I consider myself quiet intelligent I do not recall calling myself smart so from the begining your making up sht. Secondly where am I criticizing a whole country? Thirdly when people like you realize your arguments are baseless and merely circular you call the simple act of thinking being from HArvard. But thanks for the compliments anyways. Yes!! you said it not me, I am too smart to be arguing with the likes of you.

OK Mami. Have a Good day smart lady!!!
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by savanaha: 5:09pm On Aug 24, 2008
SeanT21:

OK Mami. Have a Good day smart lady!!!

Sure pikin and remember to read a damn book.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by SeanT21(f): 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2008
savanaha:

Sure pikin and remember to read a damn book.

I am a female girl!!!

Do not get me confused with you!!!
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by savanaha: 5:14pm On Aug 24, 2008
SeanT21:

I am a female girl!!!

Do not get me confused with you!!!

Hey you dunce over their pikin is pidgen for child and children come in both sexes male and female. Read a book, just pick one up. . . anyone. . . anything. . . even a can of bake beans. . . just read it. . .
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 24, 2008
Just when I tot y'all can display your points maturely, I come back to see this.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by SeanT21(f): 5:18pm On Aug 24, 2008
savanaha:

Hey you dunce over their pikin is pidgen for child and children come in both sexes male and female. Read a book, just pick one up. . . anyone. . . anything. . . even a can of bake beans. . . just read it. . .

Well, In my country pikin is for man!!!!

You are one funny female LMAO!!!

*DO NOT LET IT GET TO YA HEAD*

Ruby_Pearl:

Just when I tot y'all can display your points maturely, I come back to see this.

I was just kidding with her but i guess she is taking things seriously!!
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by savanaha: 5:21pm On Aug 24, 2008
SeanT21:

Well, In my country pikin is for man!!!!

You are one funny female LMAO!!!

*DO NOT LET IT GET TO YA HEAD*

I was just kidding with her but i guess she is taking things seriously!!

Hey I was kidding with you too and you are obviously taking it too seriously as I didn't say that I was mad at your ignorance.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by SeanT21(f): 5:22pm On Aug 24, 2008
savanaha:

Hey I was kidding with you too and you are obviously taking it too seriously as I didn't say that I was mad at your ignorance.

OK. Have a bless Sunday!!!

Me and my ignorance will be alright!!!
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by savanaha: 5:30pm On Aug 24, 2008
SeanT21:

OK. Have a bless Sunday!!!

Me and my ignorance will be alright!!!

Good for you go bask in the ignorance as much as your heart desires.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by Thor(m): 5:31pm On Aug 24, 2008
@savana ha ha ha grin grin grin

Cool down and don't get so worked up about everything. No need to attack people because their views are different than your own angry angry angry
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by savanaha: 5:34pm On Aug 24, 2008
Thor:

@savana ha ha ha grin grin grin

Cool down and don't get so worked up about everything. No need to attack people because their views are different than your own angry angry angry

Am as calm as anyone can be without going in a comma. I know full well coming on this site I will find people with views differing from mine. If it were a problem I could go else where but I like engaging in a debate to learn from other people. Heck my views and yours are different yet am replying. You think Africans should kill themselves and I ignore you. So I know when it is and when it is not necessary to cool down.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by texazzpete(m): 6:05pm On Aug 24, 2008
The truth is, everyone will try and put a positive spin on their performance.
This is why even when Manchester United clinched the Premier League title in 2007, Chelsea fans were making noise that they had won more titles that year, even though we all know that the two titles (FA cup and league cup) together can not really compare to the prestige of the Premier League title.

But that was just good-humoured rivalry, and an attempt to put a positive spin on things. By attempting to hype the number of medals won, and not the medal type, the US media has sought to place a positive spin about their performace.

So this is why i'm at a loss why some boneheads here are saying things like 'Typical American jealousy' etc.
We get it; people hate the US. That's OK. It's perfectly legal to be biased. But it should at least be sensible bias  grin
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by Thor(m): 6:32pm On Aug 24, 2008
@texazzpete

You are absolutely right smiley
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by buzugee(m): 6:58pm On Aug 24, 2008
-------------------------------------------------------------onyinye shut your ass up. you are nigerian. lawdd i hate africans who think they are americans. YOU ARE AFRICAN. STOP BEING AN INSECURE INFERIORITY COMPLEX RIDDEN JERK
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by KarmaMod(f): 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2008
Lmao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PES 18: Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 Release Date And Features / Why Are There No Black Referees In The English Premier League? / Sure 50+ Odds For Today, Thank Me Later - Kinginvahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.