Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics (5925 Views)

U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs USA (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by SeanT21(f): 12:20am On Aug 25, 2008
buzugee:

as in the games is over. the stuff i wanted to watch all came on at midnight or the wee hours of the morning hence i lost interest fast. i only watched the nigerian and argentin game. all the usain bolt races i watched after the fact. and thats all i watched off the olympics. the US tv covered it haphazardly and at awkward hours while throwing 'WHITE SPORTS' into the convenient hours

and ermmm i got comcast. i got cable for dayzzz

i am not telling you to commit suicide, read my statement again lol its a blanket statement covering all folk who cannot handle emotions for whatever reasons they deem fit

Do you have Comcast sportsnet?
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 12:24am On Aug 25, 2008
The Sly:

21 Yr old is not yet matured in your own village right? undecided
Im not talking age wise. . . . im talking talent wise. If he comes back in London, he is going to be a force to be reckoned with.

SeanT21:

I do. I do.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by TheSly: 12:44am On Aug 25, 2008
onyinye2:

I'm not talking age wise. . . . im talking talent wise. If he comes back in London, he is going to be a force to be reckoned with.
Ok I hear u Mrs Tiger. wink
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by ztyle(m): 1:00am On Aug 25, 2008
i'm not sport freak why
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by buzugee(m): 4:43am On Aug 25, 2008
SeanT21:

don't know what that is mami. i just have the basic package. only sports channel i get are espn espn2. i don't even have fsc.  grin credit crunch no easy oooo  grin cheesy

onyinye you gotta read folks statement harder and stop taking stuff as personal attacks. you were talking about bolt being immature because he was being overtly emotional and dramatic after his races. and i take that to mean that you have being brainwashed by whitey. if you were in a black country it wouldnt even be an issue that will cross your mind. matter of fact the celebration part will be sweet to watch. now being in a white dominated country, coupled with white folks desire to want to squash any form of black progress or jollofment, that side of white folks JEALOUS attitude is starting to rub off on you because you are now starting to view black behavior with white eyes, only difference is that you don't actually know the reason why white folk object to bolts celebratory exuberance and hence like sheep you echo the same sentiment as them. now if you actually knew what was behind white folks anger at seeing bolts exuberant celebration then maybe you will see it from a black mans (which you are and hence should stop being led by white folks actions)perspective. THE REASON WHITE DUDES DONT LIKE BOLTS CELEBRATORY EXUBERANCE IS BECAUSE (1) HE IS A BLACK MAN AND IT PISSES EM OFF TO SEE A BLACK MAN DOMINATE ANYTHING (2) HE IS FROM A SMALL 'INSIGNIFICANT NATION'  so i wasnt attacking you personally. i was attacking the attitude of hating on peoples choice of celebration which you are not the originator of but the imitator. you are hence imitating something of which you do not know the reason behind its existence.  grin

all in all what it comes down to is that you are hating on yourself because racism is behind the objection of the celebration hence you re being racist to yourself by echoing similar views. hence self hate. hope you can join the dots in the progression of my thinking.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by comechop(m): 5:57am On Aug 25, 2008
Ok just a couple things. First off let me start,
with you freaking guys. ALL OF YOU.
SHAME ON YOU ON CHANGING THE TOPIC TO SOME STUPID MEANINGLESS CHILDISH BANTER ABOUT NOTHING.
Freaking A!!! What the heck is wrong with all of you??!!! From ony to sav to whoever else. What the flipping bolt!
Ok not BACK to the topic.
Someone once said,
If you're not FIRST, then you're LAST. lol Now the whole point of going to the games, is to win Gold. That makes you the champ. Everything else, is secondary. I think its ridic that I think espn n mayb nbc? would hav diff. medal tables. The GOLD does carry more weight.
And now secondly, onto the Cuban guy that you guys are now berating and shaming.
Of course what he did was absolutely stupid and all, but just for his credit, I think he must hav been provoked by the ref. Hav you watched the video before you start killing him? He was just prancing up and down the field/court, and then when he came near the ref like the 4/5th time, he just suddenly turned and lashed out at the ref. The ref must hav said something to him.
But that does not negate his harsh and stupid action tho.
But it was a pretty sweet kick lol
Next of, and finally, question directed at Ony. Just curious, how old are ya? I've read your remarks n replies here, and i'm just curious.
And ya, i gotta chip in about the girls age.
I dont know what the heck ya'll saw, but those girls hardly look like 16 if you're honest w yourself lol. Yes they may be 16, but they dont look it.
Ok ya'll peaceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
No kill me abeg o, all na opinion. Make una chill
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by presido1: 8:06am On Aug 25, 2008
Bottom line is US lagged bigtime in this Olympics, In Sydney the won 5 golds more than China, Athens 2004 China reduced the tally to 4 golds. AT the just concluded, China just showed them how to do them sports, if they don't keep their pride aside Team Togo might show the way in 2012.
US infulence started fading after the Atlanta 96, from 44 gold in 96 to 36 in 00 and 04.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/olympics/article4599875.ece
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by justin04(m): 10:44am On Aug 25, 2008
And the debate continues. I think China won more gold medal so they are the winners.

An article from yahoo attached:

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/36-facts-about-the-Olympic-medal-count?urn=oly,103037
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 25, 2008
who wants the other metals for real? Gold, anyday anytime. Never mind, in the absence of that we could manage slver of even bronze afterall half bread is better than puffpuff grin
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by bayoozee: 11:21am On Aug 25, 2008
Wonder why USA never thot little of gold medals until now.
It's now about total number of medals. lol
Sore losers.
At least do whatever u do with dignity, that includes bowing to China. grin
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by dtwsola(m): 11:33am On Aug 25, 2008
I agree that USA's method of ranking medals is silly, but they have always ranked them by total medals even when they topped gold medal count. The only difference is that nobody cared then since the US topped both total and gold medal counts.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by presido1: 11:38am On Aug 25, 2008
dtw_sola:

I agree that USA's method of ranking medals is silly, but they have always ranked them by total medals even when they topped gold medal count. It didn't just start with this Olympics
Are u sure u have seen the previous Olympic ranking/table.
US is first by virtue of their gold as well as the total number of medals in 96,00 and 04. check well dude.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by rachie(f): 11:46am On Aug 25, 2008
China won.

As for the age of the gymnasts it appears like the Chinese are in the clear and it was mainly just sour grapes on the US part that was all mainly drummed up by Bela Karolyi. These gymnasts do look younger than their age but i always gave them the benefit of the doubt as nothing had been proven.
http://www.nbcolympics.com/gymnastics/news/newsid=253637.html?_source=rss&cid=
I also like this article
http://news.ulster.ac.uk/releases/2008/3983.html
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by dtwsola(m): 11:48am On Aug 25, 2008
presido1:

Are u sure u have seen the previous Olympic ranking/table.
US is first by virtue of their gold as well as the total number of medals in 96,00 and 04. check well dude.

When I say US, I speak of the US media. And that is how I have known US media networks to rank, by total number of medals. Of course, like many things the US does, this system is flawed.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by slyk2(m): 2:27pm On Aug 25, 2008
CHINA dusted USA danm too well.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 26, 2008
***Reads thru thread and mutters, "I like this Onyinye gurl sha o, sounds so matured with criticisms"***
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by idupaul: 12:37am On Aug 26, 2008
Babalaw0:

***Reads through thread and mutters, "I like this Onyinye girl sha o, sounds so matured with criticisms"***

just shut up if u aint gat nuttin 2 say.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by savanaha: 12:41am On Aug 26, 2008
idupaul:

just shut up if u aint gat nuttin 2 say.

grin grin
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by Nobody: 3:31am On Aug 26, 2008
@idupaul,

She makes an idle paul look like a hopeless fool and does it easily! now I gat something to say right? grin grin
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by 9jafirst: 8:36am On Aug 26, 2008
bela kalroyi a suprised package always looking for xcuses whenever the gymnist messes up, always talking abt rip off whenever they are down ( it has been said that "its only a bad worker that always complain abt his tools"wink
abt the ages of the chinese gymnist,i feel they look under age but are not underage, i.e when you take a look at any chinese always looks or appear young, and for the media in us
the WORST commentary i ever heard eg in SYNCHRONIZED DIVING whenever an american diver dives the comments made are like; superb,no other diver can ever do this,this is simply the best etc and the judges gives the us diver a score of 65.25 out of 100, while a chinese diver, dives the comments will be thats bad, the dive is bad while the ten jugdes awards the diver a score of 93.50 jugdes which includes an american and the chinese diver takes the GOLD while the american finishs in 8th place in the stands
it was disastrous for viewers like myself bcus it was all abt TEAM USA although i once rooted for usa bck in my country bcuz i appriciate good things but watching the olympics in usa is making me think twice, i knew i missed DStv alot shocked
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by Thor(m): 10:16am On Aug 27, 2008
LMAO x 10
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by calabari: 5:04pm On Sep 05, 2008
Welcome to "the chinese century" long live China,the world's next superpower.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are There No Black Referees In The English Premier League? / Sure 50+ Odds For Today, Thank Me Later - Kinginvahala / Ten Of The Best Young Players In World Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.