Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics (5923 Views)

U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs USA (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 8:34pm On Aug 24, 2008
KarmaMod:

They should run to the winners first. Simple. They are the ones who deserve the limelight.
Sorry TOH but that is not how it works in sports. And what if they can't speak English? Have you thought about that? Are they going to have to find a translator for every language just in case one of them win? Are you prepared to pay for it?
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by KarmaMod(f): 8:34pm On Aug 24, 2008
onyinye2:

. So if by me saying that i am American came off as insulting or whatever to you or the rest. . . . then i sincerely apologize.

Never said you were although I must admit the whole "Great TEAM USA" is gyrating. I was being general.

Ive spent 90% of my life in The States so why would I be "hating on you"? Just giving reasons why you probably went thru what you did when you were in Nigeria.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by Hannibal: 8:37pm On Aug 24, 2008
@ Onyinye2,

I understand.
Letz hope American athletes adapt to the drug-free kizzack. grin

Chill a min, did u find your way to FINGER LICKING on friday? shocked
I am sure loadz of peops musta died of hypertension when Leo Messi worked his mojo.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by KarmaMod(f): 8:37pm On Aug 24, 2008
onyinye2:

Sorry TOH but that is not how it works in sports. And what if they can't speak English? Have you thought about that? Are they going to have to find a translator for every language just in case one of them win? Are you prepared to pay for it?

with a melting pot like America, I'm sure they can find someone who can speak the language and seeing that it's the ISLANDS that have been winning the most in track and field, they have no excuse. Last I checked, their lingua franca is English.

When the chinese won gold for team gymnatics, they didnt even bother to show their medal ceremony even though USA came second/got the silver meaning they'll be on the podium too. As long as USA doesnt get the gold and have us suffer through their national anthem, they can't show the ceremonies? Seriously? I found that to be so rude.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by savanaha: 8:41pm On Aug 24, 2008
KarmaMod:

with a melting pot like America, I'm sure they can find someone who can speak the language and seeing that it's the ISLANDS that have been winning the most in track and field, they have no excuse. Last I checked, their lingua franca is English.

When the chinese won gold for team gymnatics, they didnt even bother to show their medal ceremony even though USA came second/got the ceremony. As long as USA doesnt get the gold and have us suffer through their national anthem, they can't show the ceremonies? Seriously? I found that to be so rude.

It is especially annoying when you have lived in another country where winners are given fair air time and then come here and the US are so biased when they don't win.

All in all am glad that there are frank Nigerian Americans.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 8:44pm On Aug 24, 2008
KarmaMod:

Never said you were although I must admit the whole "Great TEAM USA" is gyrating.  I was being general.

Ive spent 90% of my life in The States so why would I be "hating on you"?  Just giving reasons why you probably went through what you did when you were in Nigeria.
You have no idea what i went through in Nigeria. Never once did i even let the word "American" slip out of my mouth. It was my forsaken aunt you paraded around the compound saying it. After that, folk just looked down on us for doing what? Me and my siblings were innocent. I was only nine years old. I didn't care about any of that. All i cared about was basket ball and candy. So going there and being treated as such was something new and eye opening to me. I have been to Nigeria plenty of times after that. And have received a better experience.

KarmaMod:

When the chinese won gold for team gymnatics, they didnt even bother to show their medal ceremony even though USA came second/got the ceremony. As long as USA doesnt get the gold and have us suffer through their national anthem, they can't show the ceremonies? Seriously? I found that to be so rude.
As i said before, that is not how it works. Same with when Italy lost in swimming. Do you think they showed the Americans raise their flag? No, my friend told me they just moved on to another event. That is how it works.

Hannibal:

@ Onyinye2,

I understand.
Letz hope American athletes adapt to the drug-free kizzack. grin

Chill a min, did u find your way to FINGER LICKING on friday? shocked
I am sure loadz of peops musta died of hypertension when Leo Messi worked his mojo.
Ahh it was a sad and exciting time at Finger Licking. The place was packed. I mean it was so stuffed in their. And this one guy came in there buying folk suya and i was having a ball. But when that Maria boy made a goal. . . . Oh lawdy lawdy, watch grown men fall on the floor. They were cursing in Yoruba and igbo. And i was like "damn". it was bitter sweet.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by presido1: 8:44pm On Aug 24, 2008
Sweet home Amelika grin grin grin grin
People were calling me Mike Phelp today in the streets of London. grin grin grin grin
Do he look like me? tongue tongue tongue
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by presido1: 8:47pm On Aug 24, 2008
onyinye2:

You have no idea what i went through in Nigeria. Never once did i even let the word "American" slip out of my mouth. It was my forsaken aunt you paraded around the compound saying it. After that, folk just looked down on us for doing what? Me and my siblings were innocent. I was only nine years old. I didn't care about any of that. All i cared about was basket ball and candy. So going there and being treated as such was something new and eye opening to me. I have been to Nigeria plenty of times after that. And have received a better experience.
As i said before, that is not how it works. Same with when Italy lost in swimming. Do you think they showed the Americans raise their flag? No, my friend told me they just moved on to another event. That is how it works.
Ahh it was a sad and exciting time at Finger Licking. The place was packed. I mean it was so stuffed in their. And this one guy came in there buying folk suya and i was having a ball. But when that Maria boy made a goal. . . . Oh lawdy lawdy, watch grown men fall on the floor. They were cursing in Yoruba and igbo. And i was like "damn". it was bitter sweet.
Kai no Megida in Finger Licking?
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by Hannibal: 8:48pm On Aug 24, 2008

Pumbaa, u took free suya??
Cheese n Rice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Did u choke when Di Maria scored?
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 8:50pm On Aug 24, 2008
Hannibal:

Pumbaa, u took free suya??
Cheese n Rice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Did u choke when Di Maria scored?
Why wouldn't accept free suya? Am i crazy. No i didnt choke, but i did get up an almost spilled my drink when the goalie left his area. It reminded me of that stupid goalie for France in the Euro Cup.

presido1:

Kai no Megida in Finger Licking?
Judging that is an ethnic group. . . . nope. The restaurant is yoruba owned and so when you go there, you only see Yorubas and igbos.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 8:55pm On Aug 24, 2008
savanaha:

All in all am glad that there are frank Nigerian Americans.
I'm guessing that is a side insult for me. . . .
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by Hannibal: 8:55pm On Aug 24, 2008
@ Onyinye2,

Awoof runs the belly.
Accepting that suya could have been the reason why Naija was hit by a plague of ill-lucks during the game. grin cheesy

Seriously, all these developed countries are more concerned about their athletes than the others.
The Britz seek their athletes whether they come 1st or last . .People here are more concerned about the progress of da GB team not Malaysia. tongue
Although, Americans overpush the envelope!!!
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by savanaha: 8:57pm On Aug 24, 2008
onyinye2:

Take it as you will.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by idupaul: 8:58pm On Aug 24, 2008
onyinye2:

see complex ooo shocked dem call name?
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 9:05pm On Aug 24, 2008
savanaha:

Take it as you will.
I already did. You have your opinions and i have mine. You might not like mine, tough. I might not like yours, tough. I must admit, you are very good debater.

Hannibal:

@ Onyinye2,

Awoof runs the belly.
Accepting that suya could have been the reason why Naija was hit by a plague of ill-lucks during the game. grin cheesy

Seriously, all these developed countries are more concerned about their athletes than the others.
The Britz seek their athletes whether they come 1st or lastPeople here are more concerned about the progress of da GB team not Malaysia. tongue
Although, Americans overpush the envelope!!!
In america, sports mean alot. They have leagues for four years old in almost every major sport. Even i started playing sports at the tender age of 10. So when it comes to Olympics or World events. . . . . it is natural for the US to come off as arrogant or to competitive. Folk are taught that there is no second best so you gotta come first. So when we lost in the relay. . . . we were crushed. That was ours for the taking and we hand gave it to the Jamaicans. But Usain Bolt's deserved it. I can't wait to see him as an matured Usain because the show boating distracts from is pure natural talent. When he matures and learns to keep it classy. . . . he will go down as one of the best for that country and the world. So America has added pressure more than any other country to do well. And when they don't, people are shocked. What is expected of them says alot. Look at the basket ball team. It was so hard accepting that bronze. But we did. And came back bringing home the gold to its rightful home.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by buzugee(m): 10:42pm On Aug 24, 2008
onyinye2:

I already did. You have your opinions and i have mine. You might not like mine, tough. I might not like yours, tough. I must admit, you are very good debater.
In america, sports mean alot. They have leagues for four years old in almost every major sport. Even i started playing sports at the tender age of 10. So when it comes to Olympics or World events. . . . . it is natural for the US to come off as arrogant or to competitive. Folk are taught that there is no second best so you gotta come first. So when we lost in the relay. . . . we were crushed. That was ours for the taking and we hand gave it to the Jamaicans. But [size=14pt]Usain Bolt's deserved it. I can't wait to see him as an matured Usain because the show boating distracts from is pure natural talent[/size]. When he matures and learns to keep it classy. . . . he will go down as one of the best for that country and the world. So America has added pressure more than any other country to do well. And when they don't, people are shocked. What is expected of them says alot. Look at the basket ball team. It was so hard accepting that bronze. But we did. And came back bringing home the gold to its rightful home.
and americans dont showboat ? cheesy
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 10:52pm On Aug 24, 2008
buzugee:

and americans don't showboat ? cheesy
quote me where i said that.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by buzugee(m): 11:07pm On Aug 24, 2008
onyinye2:

quote me where i said that.
sports without crazy and wild emotions afterwards is pointless and will be boring. anyone who cannot handle people with emotions should go and commit suicide because they obviously are not human. cheesy
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 11:08pm On Aug 24, 2008
buzugee:

sports without crazy and wild emotions afterwards is pointless and will be boring. anyone who cannot handle people with emotions should go and commit suicide because they obviously are not human. cheesy
Did you watch the Great Britain 4x400 relay? You obviously didn't. If you find that kind of emotion acceptable. . . . then you are no true sports fan.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by idupaul: 11:09pm On Aug 24, 2008
@ buzugee

u get time ooo, man what ur doing aint worth it, believe me.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by Seun(m): 11:15pm On Aug 24, 2008
onyinye2:

Did you watch the Great Britain 4x400 relay? You obviously didn't. If you find that kind of emotion acceptable. . . . then you are no true sports fan.
what kind?
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 11:18pm On Aug 24, 2008
Seun:

what kind?
You didn't see them wave the baton infront of everyone's face in the semi finals? Only to come in 4th in the finals like hibernating bears.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by mukina2: 11:25pm On Aug 24, 2008
onyinye2:

You didn't see them wave the baton infront of everyone's face in the semi finals? Only to come in 4th in the finals like hibernating bears.

actually the last runner put his fingers to his lips and not baton waving . .
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 11:29pm On Aug 24, 2008
mukina2:

actually the last runner put his fingers to his lips and not baton waving . .
he did both. they have been showing the comedy act on television all day.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by SeanT21(f): 11:33pm On Aug 24, 2008
onyinye2:

Did you hear about the man that kick the Ref in his face? I forgot his name or what country he was from.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 11:35pm On Aug 24, 2008
SeanT21:

Did you hear about the man that kick the Ref in his face? I forgot his name or what country he was from.
That man from Cuba. That was just a disgrace. His opponent hurt his foot so they give you a specific amount of time to get back in the match. Because he didn't stick within his time limit. . . it was counted as a forfeit. So he got angry and took it out on the ref. He has been banned from all Olympics for life.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by SeanT21(f): 11:45pm On Aug 24, 2008
onyinye2:

That man from Cuba. That was just a disgrace. His opponent hurt his foot so they give you a specific amount of time to get back in the match. Because he didn't stick within his time limit. . . it was counted as a forfeit. So he got angry and took it out on the ref. He has been banned from all Olympics for life.

Yea. LMAO!! He screwed himself over bigtime.

To some people, The Olympic is nothing. To OTHERS ITS EVERYTHING!!! They trained many years for this and they wanna go out with a bang.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by buzugee(m): 12:04am On Aug 25, 2008
@ idupaul lol chief na sunday and boredom wan wound me for hia so make i indulge am small lol

@ onyinye nope i did not watch the 4 by 400 THANKS TO AMERICAN TV COVERAGE. i can count the events i watched in one hand. yup it was dat bad. but like i said earlier if you cannot handle people expressing their emotions after wining an event then commit suicide cuz u are either jealous (this is why white folk dont like it, jealousy and envy that black men are sexual strong nubian kings displaying their prowess and showing their strong hard brown body) or inhuman
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 12:07am On Aug 25, 2008
buzugee:

@ idupaul lol chief na sunday and boredom wan wound me for hia so make i indulge am small lol

@ onyinye nope i did not watch the 4 by 400 THANKS TO AMERICAN TV COVERAGE. i can count the events i watched in one hand. yup it was that bad. but like i said earlier if you cannot handle people expressing their emotions after wining an event then commit suicide because u are either jealous (this is why white folk don't like it, jealousy and envy that black men are sexual strong nubian kings displaying their prowess and showing their strong hard brown body) or inhuman
Oka yeah what do you mean american coverage. I have seen it like five times today. I guess you don't have cable. why would i commit suicide? that was useless and wack.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by buzugee(m): 12:14am On Aug 25, 2008
onyinye2:

Oka yeah what do you mean american coverage. I have seen it like five times today. I guess you don't have cable. why would i commit suicide? that was useless and wack.
as in the games is over. the stuff i wanted to watch all came on at midnight or the wee hours of the morning hence i lost interest fast. i only watched the nigerian and argentin game. all the usain bolt races i watched after the fact. and thats all i watched off the olympics. the US tv covered it haphazardly and at awkward hours while throwing 'WHITE SPORTS' into the convenient hours

and ermmm i got comcast. i got cable for dayzzz

i am not telling you to commit suicide, read my statement again lol its a blanket statement covering all folk who cannot handle emotions for whatever reasons they deem fit
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 12:16am On Aug 25, 2008
How am i inhuman? because i said that when Usain Bolts matures he will be a legend? that is inhuman?
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by TheSly: 12:19am On Aug 25, 2008
onyinye2:

How am i inhuman? because i said that when Usain Bolts matures he will be a legend? that is inhuman?
21 Yr old is not yet matured in your own village right? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PES 18: Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 Release Date And Features / Why Are There No Black Referees In The English Premier League? / Sure 50+ Odds For Today, Thank Me Later - Kinginvahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.