Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,143 members, 7,852,903 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:06 AM

The Attack On God's Words (KJV) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Attack On God's Words (KJV) (6833 Views)

TB Joshua Prophesies About Attack On Nigeria & Ghana / "David Did Not Kill Goliath, The Bible Is Not Infallible!" - Says Femi Aribisala / "David Did Not Kill Goliath, The Bible Is No Infallible" Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by pilgrim1(f): 10:26am On Sep 16, 2008
@mazaje,
mazaje:

pilgrim. . . what are you saying?. . . . you are just speaking english. . . . . grin grin grin

How body boo? If I no speak 'yingrish English, how u for decode me? grin
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by pilgrim1(f): 10:38am On Sep 16, 2008
Olabowale,

olabowale:

@Davidylan: Don't make me laugh about your Child of God title. The last I check, God is not from Omo Obanta. Thats the name they call Ijebu Ode people. Your father is from Ijebu Ode. Aint he? Evidently he is not God, otherwise mom would have told you that look, david, your Dad, the ijebu Ode man is God and I your mother is the wife of god! Did you ever heard that from mom? If not, your calling yourself child of God, is a fantstic tale of utterly nonsense.

Thank you, I am satisfied that accepting the grace of God in Jesus Christ makes me a child of God. Do you have a heart-attack over that? cheesy

olabowale:

And I waited, and waited throughout the weekend, for nothing from you. God son who lies. LOL, Wayo man!

You didn't wait, because I made clear that I would not be feeding your brigand attitude at demonizing your fellow muslim brethren just because theyr are guilty of what you denied.

olabowale:

reindeer:« #88 on: Today at 01:25:12 AM »
The only reason that I called her to the difference between her age and mine, is very simple; she had alluded earlier in one of the threads that she has been there (in Islam) and I am yet to get to "there!" Whatever there means. Thats why I had to remind her that I have muslim all my life, and she is even less 50% of what I have spent yet.

For all your old age, you're the only stranger to simple facts presented earlier about Muslims calling Muhammad "Lord"? What has your old age got to do with that?

olabowale:

And her proof of muslims calling Muhammad lord, may be arabic sayidina, which means master. master is not lord, but Rabb is. Thats why you hear people say Rabbina or Rabbana to Allah alone, and seyidina to all persons in higher religious value. But Sayidina is used for Allah, alone in Salah. And no one else. So if I am praying, for example in prostration if I mention Muhammad name , it will simply Muhammad and not seyidina. But when I say Seyidina, it will be Allah, alone.

I am aware of sayyadina (variously spelt seyidina) as distinct from rabb. I'm not the one referring to Muhammad as "Lord" - muslims are the ones who have been calling him precisely that very thing, and that's why I referred you to websites posted by muslims. The one thing you should have done is go to those websites and show me that it was not "Lord" they used but rather "master". However, when you go to those websites, what is the word they used? What word did Marmaduke Pickthall use for Muhammad in his sermon of 1919? Did the Muslims who read it not know the difference between master and Lord before posting in on the web?

olabowale:

I am not "iffy," in my rwesponse to her. I am calling her on issue, and she has proven nothing but just empty accusations.

Sorry, I never accused you. I asked a question: why are you so restless against Christians for calling Jesus Christ "Lord" if Muslims have been doing that same thing for Muhammad? It was a question that would have solicited a simple answer.

But what did you do other than first deny it, then when facts were presented, you sought out your lawyer friend to double-deny it; and then further evidence being presented, you turned round to demonize your fellow muslim brethren. What's my worry in that? All I know is that if pilgrim.1 is making you manifest such demonizing behaviour, I made up my mind to go it slow with you so that you don't end up doing worse than you have demonstrated already.

olabowale:

When i make a statement about Christianity, everyone is already aware that it is in the Bible already.

Thank you. It is in the Bible already that Jesus Christ is Lord and the son of God - the very thing Muslims from the time of Muhammad have always denied.

olabowale:

Let me know where a document that I consider a lie is from Islamic sources; Seyidina Muhammad can not mean lord Muhammad!

The hypocrisy is with those Muslims who actually use the word "Lord".
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by olabowale(m): 10:42am On Sep 16, 2008
Olorun in Yoruba means God. Oluwa may mean Lord or lord. The lord here is like the higher parliamentary body of England, the house of lords. These English politicians are not truly Lord, like God!

The same gods title or lords title apply to the children of israel. The Christians who called themselves children of God may not mean that their father is God. But called us to tell them that their mere saying it, is a terrible thing. The way He God talks about that terrible notion that Jesus is son or a third of God!

I say the above to illustrate that Pilgrim.1, is playing fast and loose with information, which she is providing in English. If she ever have the strenth to provide it in Arabic, which I read, and many Muslims on Nairaland even read better than me, we will find out it is not lord "Rabb," but master "Sayidina," that was used! But she wants us to believe otherwise so that she can better foster he webmasters, masterful deceit!

I remember I caustioned her even in am earlier post whereby she was not writing lord anymore, but Lord! You see the subtle process of deceit in play here?
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by olabowale(m): 10:44am On Sep 16, 2008
And jesus cried "my God, my God, !" And he did not cry, ever, or wept or supplicated, "my father, , !" Are you now daughter of mary and now a sister of Jesus?
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by pilgrim1(f): 10:59am On Sep 16, 2008
@Olabowale,

olabowale:

Reindeer: Pilgrim.1 is using "seyidina," which means master (used for all prophets, companions of all messengers and people who possess good or significant knowledge), as lord. This is wrong and deceitful.

I'm not the one calling Muhammad "Lord" or "master" - so the deceit isn't mine. I no longer confess Muhammad as "master" even though I admit that I was doing so while still a muslimah.

If you can calmly listen to a testimony that got me thinking, here it is: My heart began to be stirred the day I heard a Christian friend singing about "Jesus my wonderful Master". Immediately, in my usual muslim restlessness, I verbally attacked him and asked him to show me where Jesus is ever called "master"! He simply continued singing gently, and when he was done, he turned round and gave me a Gideon's New Testament . . . which I threw on the dusty ground and stamped on it! Smiling, he thanked God for the opportunity to sow a "seed" (which I did not understand); but then opened to the text:

[list][li]John 13:13  -  "Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am."[/li][/list]

Without saying anything further, he started singing again and walked away.

From that very day, I started asking myself a lot of questions:

- why have we muslims been lying against Christians?
    - why have we been saying the same thing about Muhammad and yet get angry against Christians?
    - why have we as muslims always denied clear statements which are evident in Muslim documents?
    - why are we as muslims too embarrased to admit the simple truth instead of hating Jews and Christians?

So many other questions loomed in my heart until I discovered my dad who used to pray while we were asleeep. . . he had not told anyone of us that he had left islam, and that day I hated him when I heard him saying: ". . .thank you, Lord Jesus Christ, even though I don't know how to preach, I trust You to save my family."

That morning, I had a plan brewing in my heart - I was going to tell on him! I knew he would be killed if they knew he had left Islam (because of where we were living at the time). But something happened which I have not shared publicly, and will reserve even now. All I can say is that it was a miracle of a change of heart. If my religion (Islam) was the "best" as I used to think, why was I hating my own dad for being a Christian? Besides, I used to think that the sudden good changes were because he had become more devoted to allah. . . until the shocker that it was rather Christ that changed him.

Anyhow, after some great while, I prayed in my room privately and asked Jesus Christ to change my life. Nothing happened. I was still a hate-monger, filled with pride and (wonder of all wonder. . ) I was ashamed to discover to myself that I was even more violent. I know many readers would be shocked, but wait. I had prayed, but nothing happened. . . because I refused to call Jesus "Lord".

Soon after that, I prayed for someone's healing and asked Lord Jesus to heal him (I had fallen in love). He instantly, before my very eyes, got up and was well. What I intended as a joke became real!

I ran home, fell on my knees and sobbed, asking that Jesus became my Lord. That instant, my hatred dropped. . . and I ran to my dad and forgave him! I suddenly started loving people. . . most of all, I started loving Christians and Jews. So many miracles happened in my life that confirmed that the Bible is true. At the moment I stopped arguing and asked Jesus into my heart as my Lord, that very day I knew what it meant for someone to be born again.

This is a wee bit of my testimony, and that is why I know that talk is cheap. Until one experiences for themselves that the Bible's promise of deliverance and love is true, all arguments will remain as arguments.
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by pilgrim1(f): 11:02am On Sep 16, 2008
olabowale:

I say the above to illustrate that Pilgrim.1, is playing fast and loose with information, which she is providing in English. If she ever have the strenth to provide it in Arabic, which I read, and many Muslims on Nairaland even read better than me, we will find out it is not lord "Rabb," but master "Sayidina," that was used! But she wants us to believe otherwise so that she can better foster he webmasters, masterful deceit!

I am not the one playing fast and loose ith words. I never modified anything I quoted and also referred you to the link. You can blame the Muslims who posted the word "Lord" for Muhammad on those documents, and there are so many Muslims in the UK who speak English and also refer to Muhammad as Lord. Please be fair enough to yourself and go to those links and see that I did not translate anything, but simply quoted them as they were used by Muslims themselves.
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by olabowale(m): 11:08am On Sep 16, 2008

For all your old age, you're the only stranger to simple facts presented earlier about Muslims calling Muhammad "Lord"? What has your old age got to do with that?

Correction: me and then all the muslims on nairaland are strangers to simple facts presented by you! Now who is not telling the truth. Please present you "lord," in arabic language. I wanna read it! You can't. I know! Its only in English. As usual, just like the Bible. In every language, except the original of revelation!

And i went to our like, I did not see anything; not in arabic. Please provide your proof in Arabic. Every muslim calls Jesus master, in the same manner that Muhammad is called master! Neither is lord, god or son of anything, except their parents! You took the wrong islam and its clear that you dis not practice moderation. No wonder you left islam.
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by pilgrim1(f): 11:18am On Sep 16, 2008
@Olabowale,

olabowale:

Correction: me and then all the muslims on nairaland are strangers to simple facts presented by you!

Thank you for the "correction" - it still doesn't falsify the fact.

olabowale:

Now who is not telling the truth. Please present you "lord," in arabic language. I want to read it! You can't. I know! Its only in English. As usual, just like the Bible. In every language, except the original of revelation!

I see why the translation of the Quran into any other language is a meaningless enterprise.

olabowale:

And i went to our like, I did not see anything; not in arabic.

Good. Ask your mullah and let me know if they deny this as well. Then I will post you issue which will likely make you demonize them again.

olabowale:

Please provide your proof in Arabic. Every muslim calls Jesus master, in the same manner that Muhammad is called master!

Okay, this is getting interesting. "Every" muslim calls Jesus master? True? Can you show me some documents thereto, please? I have something interesting here to point out when you do. No arguments or evasion, just please post me some references and that will do.

olabowale:

Neither is lord, god or son of anything, except their parents! You took the wrong islam and its clear that you this not practice moderation. No wonder you left islam.

I left Islam when I discovered we were being lied to. I constantly asked myself why I hated Christians and Jews while still a muslimah. I had no reason to hate them. I found the answer in Christ to love them, and that was why I left and not returning. Is that a nightmare for you, sir?
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:25pm On Jan 17, 2012

Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:28pm On Jan 19, 2012

Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:01pm On Jan 20, 2012

Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:53pm On Jan 21, 2012

Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by Sweetnecta: 2:07pm On Jan 21, 2012
@Olaadegbu: I know you love talking to yourself. But take a moment and tell us how is the Bibles the infallible word of God, considering that God is 1 in OT and in NT 3 and which messenger/prophet did God give the Book of Timothy or any book starting from Act of the Apostles onward to the end and why are the 4 gospels so different from one another if your God gave all information to all of them?

Only on the Gospels: Did the gospel writers on their own rejected what they wanted to reject from God and take what the wanted of their own desire and came up with 4 completely different gospels?

Infallible ko, infallible ni. Continue to deceive yourself. Hell fire is real and it will burn and punish hard with no ability to adjust to its torment.
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:08pm On Jan 21, 2012
Sweetnecta:

@Olaadegbu: I know you love talking to yourself. But take a moment and tell us how is the Bibles the infallible word of God, considering that God is 1 in OT and in NT 3 and which messenger/prophet did God give the Book of Timothy or any book starting from Act of the Apostles onward to the end and why are the 4 gospels so different from one another if your God gave all information to all of them?

Only on the Gospels: Did the gospel writers on their own rejected what they wanted to reject from God and take what the wanted of their own desire and came up with 4 completely different gospels?

Infallible ko, infallible ni. Continue to deceive yourself. Hell fire is real and it will burn and punish hard with no ability to adjust to its torment.

I hope your own case is not beyond redemption. undecided

Adam and Eve doubted the Word of God but you have been led to not only doubt but to deny and displace it with your half truths and lies.

"Who is a liar but he that denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denies the Father and the Son. Whosoever denies the Son, the same has not the Fathersadbut) he that acknowledges the Son has the Father also" (1 John 2:22-23).
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by Sweetnecta: 4:34pm On Jan 21, 2012
Olaadegbu, I will notlet you off the hook so easily. You continue to kill the Trinity by rendering ghost god irrelevant. yet it is this ghost that mounted Mary so that she became mother of Jesus. give me the name of the ghost, since the name of the father is Jehovah to you, and the Name of God is Ellah to Jesus.

I am happy to hear Ellah from the mouth of Jesus that I shouted Yah Allahu as is Allahuyah.

I asked you to explain which prophet and messenger of God did receive any book starting from the acts of apostle to the end of the bibles and why are the gospels so different from one another, if the Bible is the infallible word of 1 God, instead of corruption?
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:46am On Jan 24, 2012
@Sweetnecta

The devil hasn't changed his tactics since the first attack on God's Word.  Read your story below.

Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:40pm On Jan 24, 2012
The Attack on the Word

Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:39pm On Jan 25, 2012
The Attack on the Word

Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:40pm On Jan 26, 2012
The Attack on God's Word

Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by Kay17: 5:29pm On Jan 26, 2012
LOL!! @ola, what you have here is propaganda. The bible itself does not subscribe to KJV, and the comics didn't state the real motive of King Henry to establish his own church. Also, you follow not "God" the understanding of Jewish rabbis in the illegitimate status of the Apocryphals. They don't support the NT, why not follow them through??
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:26pm On Jan 26, 2012
Kay 17:

LOL!! @ola, what you have here is propaganda. The bible itself does not subscribe to KJV, and the comics didn't state the real motive of King Henry to establish his own church. Also, you follow not "God" the understanding of Jewish rabbis in the illegitimate status of the Apocryphals. They don't support the NT, why not follow them through??

It is the other way round my friend.  What you have as "truth" are conspiracy theories and propaganda.  I guess you also take the da vinci code and the God delusion as facts, no?
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by Kay17: 8:14pm On Jan 26, 2012
The KJV has relied entirely on the bible the catholic church provided. It simply made deductions and no additional books,

The fact that God didn't write and deliver the bible is not helping matters. And no can ascertain if the writers were truly inspired.
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:00pm On Jan 27, 2012
Kay 17:

The KJV has relied entirely on the bible the catholic church provided. It simply made deductions and no additional books,

The fact that God didn't write and deliver the bible is not helping matters. And no can ascertain if the writers were truly inspired.

Should it have dropped out of heaven for it to be inspired? What have you done with the one God wrote down with His own finger.
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:25pm On Jan 27, 2012
The Attack.

Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:53pm On Jul 22, 2019
See the timeline that represents the battle between the Vatican and the Protestant England for the destruction of the Bible

Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:07am On Jun 05, 2020
See the behind-the-scenes struggle to destroy the King James Bible, and how God preserved it (Continued).

Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:53pm On Jun 05, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
See the behind-the-scenes struggle to destroy the King James Bible, and how God preserved it (Continued).

Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:13pm On Jun 06, 2020
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:29am On Jun 07, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 07, 2020
James (King of England) grew up during dreadful times that the orthodox Churches were persecuting his people for trying to own a copy of the Bible in their mother tongue! (English)

Their believe back then was that if allowed people will abuse the privilege so the Bible was kept in latin. James witnessed brutal killings of people just because they wish to read the Bible in their own language, but he was just a boy and his own father said or did nothing about it.

When James became the King, he insisted that the Bible must be translated into his own language, the church fathers became confused, they now went to fabricate a decree demanding that James should sign it that there shouldn't be any other English interpretation of the Bible except the one translated in the name of the King of England. Unknowingly to James these people just wanted him to give his consent on their evil plan. James signed it anyway and that's how KJV became the first legal English version of the Bible, anyone who tries to make any further findings will be dealt with and it's capital punishment 'DEATH'

Those church fathers added so many things in order to support their traditions and it led to great bloodshed because honest hearted individuals kept reading it and noticing variations in the concept and doctrines of the church.

This went on until America got their independent and that was the turning point!

If not because of America's declaration of FREEDOM of speech, expression and worship today, even Kumuyi the founder of Deeperlife had no choice if he wants to be a Christian, he must either be a Catholic or Anglican or better still worship his African deities. Otherwise he will be burnt alive for causing dissension in the church!

Many people were burnt alive because of the KJV, that's why you're now seeing so many versions of the Bible in English after America declared FREEDOM of expression, speech and worship.

So the KJV was the first authorised version of the Bible in English but it was an instrument of slavery!

For more information, please Google 'Persecution of William Tyndale'
God bless you! smiley
Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:44pm On Jun 08, 2020
Maximus69:

James (King of England) grew up during dreadful times that the orthodox Churches were persecuting his people for trying to own a copy of the Bible in their mother tongue! (English)

Their believe back then was that if allowed people will abuse the privilege so the Bible was kept in latin. James witnessed brutal killings of people just because they wish to read the Bible in their own language, but he was just a boy and his own father said or did nothing about it.

When James became the King, he insisted that the Bible must be translated into his own language, the church fathers became confused, they now went to fabricate a decree demanding that James should sign it that there shouldn't be any other English interpretation of the Bible except the one translated in the name of the King of England. Unknowingly to James these people just wanted him to give his consent on their evil plan. James signed it anyway and that's how KJV became the first legal English version of the Bible, anyone who tries to make any further findings will be dealt with and it's capital punishment 'DEATH'

Those church fathers added so many things in order to support their traditions and it led to great bloodshed because honest hearted individuals kept reading it and noticing variations in the concept and doctrines of the church.

This went on until America got their independent and that was the turning point!

If not because of America's declaration of FREEDOM of speech, expression and worship today, even Kumuyi the founder of Deeperlife had no choice if he wants to be a Christian, he must either be a Catholic or Anglican or better still worship his African deities. Otherwise he will be burnt alive for causing dissension in the church!

Many people were burnt alive because of the KJV, that's why you're now seeing so many versions of the Bible in English after America declared FREEDOM of expression, speech and worship.

So the KJV was the first authorised version of the Bible in English but it was an instrument of slavery!

For more information, please Google 'Persecution of William Tyndale'
God bless you! smiley

Fake news! JW (Jangilova Wickedness) is part of the groups the Vatican is using to attack the KJV Bible. I once opened a thread to address why JWs detest the KJV but they will pretend that it is what they use. See more facts from another thread with excerpts below:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8542253_capturetheforce48_jpeg57b8d5be14acdb584cd5701e9d749478
www.nairaland.com/attachments/8542254_capturetheforce49_jpeg4a41aa39479781f5bf069c732c7382f8

https://www.nairaland.com/4952289/force-dr-alberto-rivera-ex-jesuit
https://www.nairaland.com/5375247/why-jehovahs-witnesses-hate-king

Re: The Attack On God's Words (KJV) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 08, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Fake news! JW (Jangilova Wickedness) is part of the groups the Vatican is using to attack the KJV Bible. I once opened a thread to address why JWs detest the KJV but they will pretend that it is what they use. See more facts from another thread with excerpts below:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8542253_capturetheforce48_jpeg57b8d5be14acdb584cd5701e9d749478
www.nairaland.com/attachments/8542254_capturetheforce49_jpeg4a41aa39479781f5bf069c732c7382f8

https://www.nairaland.com/4952289/force-dr-alberto-rivera-ex-jesuit
https://www.nairaland.com/5375247/why-jehovahs-witnesses-hate-king

You're just as stupid as Kumuyi!

The KJV is surely a version of the Bible but it's a translation targeted at enslaving people! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi / Election For New Pope To Begin On Tuesday / The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.