Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Hamas Leader's Son Becomes A Christian - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hamas Leader's Son Becomes A Christian (1154 Views)

God Is Protecting Israel Complains Hamas Terrorists / Hamas Military Chief Killed In Israeli Airstrike, War Says Hamas!!! / Paris Villa Of Equatorial Guinea Leader's Son Obiang Seized-bbc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hamas Leader's Son Becomes A Christian by 4Play(m): 8:58am On Aug 25, 2008
Mr Yousef, who is known as Joseph by friends at the Barabbas Road church in San Diego, California, arrived in America 18 months ago but only recently made "the biggest decision of my life" to go public with his conversion to draw attention to how the

Palestinian leadership is "misleading" and exploiting its people.
"Palestinians look really ugly in front of everybody in the world and they are very, very good people , they are misled, and their picture is very dark because of this leadership.
"They need some help, they need people to stop lying to them, and lying to the world."

Mr Yousef was raised as a Muslim by his politically powerful family. His father, Hassan Yousef, a highly respected sheikh born in the West Bank town of al-Ghaniya near Ramallah, is a founding member of Hamas, whose military wing has instigated dozens of suicide bombings and other attacks against Israel since it was formed in 1987.Mr Yousef said that his doubts about Islam and Hamas crystallised when he realised not all Hamas leaders were like his father, a moderate who he describes as "open-minded, very humble and honest".

Mr Yousef said that he was appalled by the brutality of the movement, including the suicide bombers seeking glory through jihad.
"Hamas, they are using civilians' lives, they are using children, they are using the suffering of people every day to achieve their goals. And this is what I hate," he said.cNevertheless he does not advocate the "collapse of Islam", but rather for people to acknowledge that after 1,400 years "it's not working any more".
He said: "It's not taking them anywhere. It's making them look ugly."

He hopes that Muslims will begin to question their religion and "fix it" by rejecting the parts that call for "killing others, cutting hands, cutting legs, torturing people and asking for destruction of entire civilisations".

He said that after he converted to Christianity, he decided he had to escape and "live my life away from violence because I couldn't coexist with that situation as a Christian."
"I was thinking, what is my responsibility now? To see people dying every day or to stand up and say, this is wrong, this is right and be strong about this? So I had to make this move."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/palestinianauthority/2613399/Mosab-Hassan-Yousef-son-of-Hamas-leader-becomes-a-Christian.html

Another blindingly obvious illustration that Hamas' struggle has more to do with an intolerant Islamist worldview than any perceived Israeli injustices.

1 Like

Re: Hamas Leader's Son Becomes A Christian by TayoD1(m): 1:16pm On Aug 25, 2008
@4Play,

You know I saw the article a while back but just didn't post it on this forum for obvious reasons. I really think those who will rather take religion out of the Middle East conflict are either extremely ignorant or totally blind.
Re: Hamas Leader's Son Becomes A Christian by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 26, 2008
is he really now a christian or is this a ruse to stay in the US?
Re: Hamas Leader's Son Becomes A Christian by Freekychuks: 3:30pm On Aug 30, 2020
Another time bomb ready to explode... Who sends him?
Re: Hamas Leader's Son Becomes A Christian by panafrican(m): 4:24am On Aug 31, 2020
Freekychuks:
Another time bomb ready to explode... Who sends him?
grin grin grin
Re: Hamas Leader's Son Becomes A Christian by Righteousness89(m): 1:23pm On Aug 31, 2020
The Blood of JESUS has the Capacity to Wash and Cleanse any one Irrespective of Nation, Race, Religion, Past deeds or Whatever..

That's the Loving, Merciful and Wonderful Nature of My Lord , Savior and King, Jesus Christ..

Welcome Home Brother....

1 Like

Re: Hamas Leader's Son Becomes A Christian by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2020
Righteousness89:
The Blood of JESUS has the Capacity to Wash and Cleanse any one Irrespective of Nation, Race, Religion, Past deeds or Whatever..

That's the Loving, Merciful and Wonderful Nature of My Lord , Savior and King, Jesus Christ..

Welcome Home Brother....
*yimu*

2 Likes

Re: Hamas Leader's Son Becomes A Christian by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 02, 2020
Palestinian Muslims are not as fanatical as Nigerian Muslims. They of course have christians amongst them in fact more Christians than you have in Israel. If you look at their story well without any bias, you'll pity them as they are being oppressed. But alas, it's being politicized.

1 Like

Re: Hamas Leader's Son Becomes A Christian by UzomaFC: 8:35am On Sep 04, 2020
sbaks:
*yimu*

Because he acknowledged the greatness of Jesus Christ that is y you called him yimu.
Well it was not him that U insulted if U will understand what am saying.

(1) (Reply)

Horrifying Video Of Assad's Soldiers By Syrian Rebels (VIEW WITH CAUTION) / Obama Slams Door In Putin’s Face: Counts On Russia Pulling The Trigger First / Why Is Kashmir Important To India And Pakistan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.