Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,467 members, 7,850,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:10 AM

Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? - Islam for Muslims (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? (60946 Views)

Muslims What Is JIZZYA? / Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Iman3(m): 10:06pm On Dec 02, 2007
mukina2:

What can we give as a sacrifice, a testament to our faith in Allah and this beautiful religion? We can think of many things that we think would suffice, but the two best things(besides the 5 Pillars) would be blood and marks.

You may ask what a drop of blood or a mark can do for you. Think and ponder on these things written in hadith:

"Abu Umamah (RA) narrates that Rasulullah(SAWS) said:

"Nothing is dearer to Allah than two drops and two marks;
1. A drop of tears shed due to the fear of Allah, and
2. A drop of blood shed in the path of Allah.

Nothing is dearer to Allah than "a drop of blood shed in the path of Allah"? grin
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 02, 2007
mukina2:

"Abu Umamah (RA) narrates that Rasulullah(SAWS) said:

"Nothing is dearer to Allah than two drops and two marks;
1. A drop of tears shed due to the fear of Allah, and

1. A mark received in the cause of Allah (mark of a wound,
signs of walking in the path of Allah

Now we fully understand the baying of the crowd in Khartoum. They were only trying to give allah another sacrifice of blood . . . not dropwisely but by the bucketloads.

hmmm now we understand the motive behind suicide bombing, nothing is dearer to allah than the shedding of ones own blood as a sacrifice in the cause of alah.

hmmm. Islam indeed is peace!
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 10:23pm On Dec 02, 2007
davidylan:

Now we fully understand the baying of the crowd in Khartoum. They were only trying to give allah another sacrifice of blood . . . not dropwisely but by the bucketloads.

hmmm now we understand the motive behind suicide bombing, nothing is dearer to allah than the shedding of ones own blood as a sacrifice in the cause of alah.

hmmm. Islam indeed is peace!

see how you guys have turned it to ur own way cheesy
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Iman3(m): 10:25pm On Dec 02, 2007
We never know whose blood is to be shed. . . . . .is it the adherent or the kuffar? grin grin I'm alright for people shedding blood,if the blood is theirs,like those Shia during their processions,but e be like say na other people's blood Allah wants.

Nothing is dearer to Allah than the shedding of blood in his path!The most candid admission I have yet seen on this forum.

mukina2:

see how you guys have turned it to your own way cheesy

Na you post am grin Oya,explain to us what it really means. . . . .it seems self-explanatory.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 10:27pm On Dec 02, 2007
I-man:

We never know whose blood is to be shed. . . . . .is it the adherent or the kuffar? grin grin I'm alright for people shedding blood,if the blood is theirs,like those Shia during their processions,but e be like say na other people's blood Allah wants.

Nothing is dearer to Allah than the shedding of blood in his path!The most candid admission I have yet seen on this forum.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

must you guys always turn everything your own way undecided
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Iman3(m): 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2007
mukina2:

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

must you guys always turn everything your own way undecided

Oya. . . explain wetin you just post.What blood is to be shed and in what circumstances? grin
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 10:33pm On Dec 02, 2007
I-man:

Oya. . . explain wetin you just post.What blood is to be shed and in what circumstances? grin

i wont tongue leave me alone tongue
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 02, 2007
mukina2:

i wont tongue leave me alone tongue

perhaps that blood that is dear to allah is the blood of sallah rams?
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 10:44pm On Dec 02, 2007
Yes Sir David cheesy

I am gone o . grin
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 8:31pm On Dec 03, 2007
Someone sent me this inspirational story and i thought i would share with you all . smiley

[center]Doomed to Love the Good

by Muhammad Alshareef[/center]

Bismillaah ar-Rahman ar-Raheem

In his book, Kitab at-Tawwaabeen, page 285, Ibn Qudaamah al-Maqdisi mentions a young lad that came to the great scholar of Ummat Muhammad sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam – Ibrahim ibn Adham Rahimahullah. This is the conversation that took place between the two:

The Young Lad: O Abu Ishaaq, I am wronging my soul, advise me with something

that’ll hold me back from disobeying Allah and breathe new life into my

heart.

Ibrahim ibn Adham: Alright. If you take 5 things from me and fulfill them,

you can disobey Allah ‘azza wa jall all you want and no harm will come to you.

The Young Lad: (Interested) Ok, tell me.

Ibrahim ibn Adham: One, if you want to do other than what Allah subhaanahu wa ta ‘aala wants you to do, then do not eat the food that He provides you.

The Young Lad: Then where am I supposed to eat from when all the food on

earth is from Allah?

Ibrahim ibn Adham: Dear lad, is it right that you eat the food Allah ‘azza wa jall has

given you and then go off and disobey him?

The Young Lad: No it is not right. What is the second?

Ibrahim ibn Adham: Two, if you want to live life to the fullest in

disobedience of Allah subhaanahu wa ta ‘aala, don’t live on His land.

The Young Lad: That’s harder than the first. Where shall I live when all

that is in the east and west belongs to Him?

Ibrahim ibn Adham: Dear lad, is it right that you eat His food and live in

His land, yet still insist on turning your cheek when he calls you?

The Young Lad: No it’s not right. What’s the third?

Ibrahim ibn Adham: If you want to disobey Allah subhaanahu wa ta ‘aala, yet still eating the food He gave you and still living in His land, then find a place where He can’t

see you.

The Young Lad: O Abu Ishaaq, how can that be so when Allah is the All-Seeing and All-Knowing of all that happens, even what the heart whispers?

Ibrahim ibn Adham: Dear lad, is it right that you eat His food and live in

His land and disobey Him while He watches you and what you are exposing?

The Young Lad: No it’s not right. What’s the fourth?

Ibrahim ibn Adham: When the angel of death comes to snatch your soul, tell

him to give you a day so that you can sincerely ask Allah subhaanahu wa ta ‘aala for forgiveness and change your life.

The Young Lad: He won’t agree to that.

Ibrahim ibn Adham: Dear lad, if you find yourself helpless to push off

death for just one day and you understand that it cannot be delayed by your

wishes, how do you expect to win?

The Young Lad: (With a sigh) What is the fifth?

Ibrahim ibn Adham: When the gatekeepers of Hell come to drag you away on

your face to Jahannam (Hellfire) refuse to go with them.

The Young Lad: Nothing will stop them.

Ibrahim ibn Adham: How do you expect to be saved then?

The Young Lad: Enough, Abu Ishaaq. (And he lowers his head crying). O Allah,

forgive me for my transgression.

Epilogue: The young lad went on to become a disciple of Ibrahim ibn Adham.

He repented to Allah sincerely and lived an upright life with his teacher

until death parted the two.

Imam Ibrahim ibn Adham died in the year 778 CE, over a thousand years ago.

May Allah ta’aala forgive the scholars of Ummat Muhammad Rahimahum Allah

Aameeen!!
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Iman3(m): 12:28am On Dec 04, 2007
"Allah's Apostle said, "If a husband calls his wife to his bed (i.e. to have sexual relation) and she refuses and causes him to sleep in anger, the angels will curse her till morning." -- Bukhari, 4.54.460

grin grin grin

Women take note!
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2007
Salaam and Eid El Mubarak to you all kiss

where is my meat? tongue grin
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by cushman(m): 9:05pm On Dec 27, 2007
I-man:

"Allah's Apostle said, "If a husband calls his wife to his bed (i.e. to have sexual relation) and she refuses and causes him to sleep in anger, the angels will curse her till morning." -- Bukhari, 4.54.460

grin grin grin

Women take note!

I like this too grin grin grin grin
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by cushman(m): 9:12pm On Dec 27, 2007
Thats a very interesting piece @mukina kiss
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 9:13pm On Dec 27, 2007
Killings and trials of Muslims

Hadith collection from Sahih Muslim on prophecies of Prophet Muhammad (sws) on events to come regarding Killings among and fitan (trials) of Muslim ummah:
Chapter 4:
WHEN TWO MUSLIMS CONFRONT EACH OTHER WITH SWORDS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Book 041, Number 6898:
Ahnaf b. Qais reported: I set out with the intention of helping this person (Hadrat 'Ali) that Abu Bakra met me. He said: Ahnaf, where do you intend to go? I said: I intend to help the cousin of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), viz. 'Ali. Thereupon he said to me: Ahnaf, go back, for I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: When two Muslims confront one another with swords (in hands) both the slayer and the slain would be in Fire. He (Ahnaf) said: I said, or it was said: Allah's Messenger, it may be the case of one who kills. but what about the slain (why he would be put in Hell-Fire)? Thereupon he said: He also intended to kill his companion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Book 041, Number 6899:
Ahnaf b. Qais reported on the authority of Abu Bakra that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: When two Muslims confront each other with their swords, both the slayer and the slain are doomed to Hell-Fire.

Book 041, Number 6900:
This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Hammad through another chain of transmitters.

Book 041, Number 6901:
Abu Bakra reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: When two Muslims (confront each other) and the one amongst them attacks his brother with a weapon, both of them are at the brink of Hell-Fire. And when one of them kills his companion, both of them get into Hell-Fire.

Book 041, Number 6902:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) many ahadith and one of them was this: The last Hour will not come until the two parties (of Muslims) confront each other and there is a large-scale massacre amongst them and the claim of both of them is the same.

Book 041, Number 6903:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The last Hour will not come unless there is much bloodshed. They said: What is harj? Thereupon he said: Bloodshed. bloodshed.

Chapter 5: THIS UMMAH WOULD BE DESTROYED BY KILLING ONE ANOTHER

Book 041, Number 6904:
Thauban reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Allah drew the ends of the world near one another for my sake. And I have seen its eastern and western ends. And the dominion of my Unimah would reach those ends which have been drawn near me and I have been granted the red and the white trea- sure and I begged my Lord for my Ummah that it should not be destroyed because of famine, nor be dominated by an enemy who is not amongst them to take their lives and destroy them root and branch, and my Lord said: Muhammad, whenever I make a decision, there is none to change it. Well, I grant you for your Ummah that it would not be destroyed by famine and it would not be dominated by an enemy who would not be amongst it and would take their lives and destroy them root and branch even if all the people from the different parts of the world join hands together (for this purpose), but it would be from amongst them, viz. your Ummah, that some people would kill the others or imprison the others.

@ Cush
Salaam wink
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 9:17pm On Dec 27, 2007
@mukina

With regards to online chat we had, I will try my best to keep this thread going Insha Allah.

Thanks for your wonderful sisterly advice cheesy, I appreciate
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 9:25pm On Dec 27, 2007
Babs no case wink

@ Cush, Babs anyother muslim

when i was in DK i had an arguement with a cousin about tasbeer .what are your opinions on it . ? undecided

for me i told her it was not necessary as long as the Salaam as been made in Prayer undecided
and the fingers should be used instead of beads . what do you guys think? undecided
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by cushman(m): 9:28pm On Dec 27, 2007
Thats exactly what i have in mind @ mukky. What was your cousin's response?
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 9:32pm On Dec 27, 2007
The stuff is that there's a high tendency mistakes 'll be made using the hands instead of the tasbirs.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 9:36pm On Dec 27, 2007
@ Cushman
she is even an ":ebadou Raheem" . kept telling me nothing wrong with the beads .

@ Mustapha
it is wrong . i have always used my fingers on the occations i have done tasbir .And i never make mistakes .read this
It shows that neither the Prophet nor any of his Companions did do it

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said in al-Fataawa (22/187): “Some of them might show off by putting their prayer-mats over their shoulders and carrying their masbahahs in their hands, making them symbols of religion and prayer. It is known from the mutawaatir reports that neither the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) nor his Companions used these as symbols. They used to recite tasbeeh and count on their fingers, as the hadeeth says: “Count on your fingers, for they will asked, and will be made to speak.” Some of them may count their tasbeeh with pebbles or date stones. Some people say that doing tasbeeh with the masbahah is makrooh, and some allow it, but no one says that tasbeeh with the masbahah is better than tasbeeh with the fingers.” Then he (may Allaah have mercy on him) goes on to discuss the issue of showing off with the masbahah, saying that it is showing off with regard to something that is not prescribed by Islam, which is worse than showing off with regard to something that is prescribed.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by cushman(m): 9:56pm On Dec 27, 2007
I prefer doing my tasbeeh with my fingers too
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by lailai2(m): 1:52am On Dec 28, 2007
been lookin for a thread like this

asalamalaykum to you all
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 10:53am On Dec 28, 2007
Salam to you all

Quite an interesting topic.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said in al-Fataawa (22/187): “Some of them might show off by putting their prayer-mats over their shoulders and carrying their masbahahs in their hands, making them symbols of religion and prayer. It is known from the mutawaatir reports that neither the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) nor his Companions used these as symbols. They used to recite tasbeeh and count on their fingers, as the hadeeth says: “Count on your fingers, for they will asked, and will be made to speak.” Some of them may count their tasbeeh with pebbles or date stones. Some people say that doing tasbeeh with the masbahah is makrooh, and some allow it, but no one says that tasbeeh with the masbahah is better than tasbeeh with the fingers.” Then he (may Allaah have mercy on him) goes on to discuss the issue of showing off with the masbahah, saying that it is showing off with regard to something that is not prescribed by Islam, which is worse than showing off with regard to something that is prescribed.

I prefer using my hands too. The most acceptable means is the use of hands because the hands will bear witness on that day but considering a situation where you have to recite like 1,000 Astaghfir-Lah, 1000 Subhanah Lah etc. To make it easier, you use your Tasbir and have something like 10 stones by your side to aid you in counting without making mistake.

You can as well use the tasbir but it is being frown at if it for show off in which Allah does not like.

Any other input please?

@Mustay

Where have you been hiding. I am still expecting my meat o.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 7:57pm On Dec 28, 2007
babs787:

Salam to you all

Quite an interesting topic.

I prefer using my hands too. The most acceptable means is the use of hands because the hands will bear witness on that day but considering a situation where you have to recite like 1,000 Astaghfir-Lah, 1000 Subhanah Lah etc. To make it easier, you use your Tasbir and have something like 10 stones by your side to aid you in counting without making mistake.

You can as well use the tasbir but it is being frown at if it for show off in which Allah does not like.

Any other input please?

@Mustay

Where have you been hiding. I am still expecting my meat o.

Babs salaam

Barka Jumaah smiley

you can count 14 times per each hand
if you use both hands its like 28 .

as long as you concentrate you can do it accurately wink

but with beads you can make mistakes easily cheesy
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 8:15pm On Dec 28, 2007
@mukina

Thanks for calling my attention to your post but let me quickly attend to your post before jetting out to religious threads to see what pilgrim.1 is up to cheesy

Babs salaam

Barka Jumaah

you can count 14 times per each hand
if you use both hands its like 28 .

as long as you concentrate you can do it accurately

but with beads you can make mistakes easily

Salam sister.

I am not against the use of hands which I even said that I prefer but you have to consider the fact that you are bound to make mistake easily by using hands particularly if you are making any supplication up to 1,000 or more. You will easily make mistake when using hands because you may not be able to count accurately, besides, it may slow down your supplication.

Abi what do you think?
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by cushman(m): 5:06pm On Dec 29, 2007
@babs, you are right ofcouse. But then, one can become perfect using fingers
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 8:29pm On Dec 29, 2007
@cushman

@babs, you are right ofcouse. But then, one can become perfect using fingers

Salam brother

Yes one can become perfect using fingers but at the same time one is bound to make mistakes using fingers than the use of hands especially when making duah of like 1,000 Astaghfirlah. It is not written anywhere that one cannot use tasbir but it is not good if it is for show off.

May Allah increases our knowledge.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2007
Amin

Salam Bro babs

How r you?

Long time oo,

Thanks for bringing it back.

May Allah continue to bless you in knowledge.

Amin.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 8:59pm On Dec 29, 2007
Salaam Babs, Muctarr and Cush smiley

@ Babs

I know but the fingers are more accurate . .

- those beads are very tiny . .you can make mistakes easily if you go too fast

as long as you concentrate on your fingers you can never make mistakes
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 9:17pm On Dec 29, 2007
Amin

grin grin

Salam Bro babs

Salam big brother  cheesy

How r you?

Alhamdulillah, I thank Allah for keeping me till this very moment. Hope you are doing great as well? cheesy

Long time oo,

Yes o. Its not easy to be a man o grin. But Allah has been sufficient for me. Hope u r cool, calm and calculated cheesy?

Thanks for bringing it back.

May Allah continue to bless you in knowledge.

Amin.

Amin and to you too my dear brother. Appreciation goes to Mukina for calling my attention to it and not allowing the thread to die. Kudos to her grin grin. Allah will aid those who aid His cause?

Jazakhullah Khairan.

@Mukina,

we go celebrate o. Arsenal will be on top till 2008, thereby making another record. Those yeye man. United fan no gree me breathing space cos they were on top for just three days!!

Dont mind me jare, back to the topic. cheesy

Insert Quote
Salaam Babs, Muctarr and Cush

@ Babs

Not more accurate but more acceptable. cheesy

Beads come in different shapes and sizes depending on your choice.
I dont think so in the sense that most of the tasbir are having 99 beads so you will know that you have counted 99 if you are to count everything therein and just add a count to it to make it 100, then you keep a stone or something separate and you do that after the count of 100 and before you know it, you would have counted 1000 using tasbir but let us look at the scenario where you have to use your fingers, please how do you go about counting using your fingers. For convenience, there are tasbirs having more than 99 beads though I do not use that but I still think tasbir can be used as well if it is not going to be for show off.

Ordinary we all know that the fingers will be part of our witness on that (our fingers will speak and witness what we used them in doing) but we should still remember that we have reward for every ayah, word or supplication made. For example, if you recite Laila Ilalah say 99 using your fingers, you will earn reward for saying that and your fingers will also bear you witness on that day.

So I think tasbir can be used as well.

Maa Salam
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 1:48am On Dec 30, 2007
oya muki tell me aw that ur small hand wan count 1046 tongue

like babs says:

Na the intention matter and there's nothin' wrong with it as long as u get the accurate figures 2 be counted
mukina2:

Salaam Babs, Muctarr and Cush smiley

@ Babs

muki. face it - u are bound to make mistakes!

and if u don't mind, make we go market tomorrow go buy one wey no tiny
cool

no worry, when u wan go hajj, i o see the many fingers and ur accuracy level wey u get wink
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 7:40pm On Dec 31, 2007
@ Babs
good well said . but i prefer my hands still cheesy

@ Mustapha tongue

how will i make mistakes with my hand grin

[s]i go go hajj next year grin grin. i would stil be young na and my fingers will still be accurate[/s]

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (32) (Reply)

Is This The Most Beautiful Mosque In Nigeria? / Where 2 Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix, Confirmed By The Quran Over 1400 Years Back / 10 Incredible Health Benefits Of Fasting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.