Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? - Islam for Muslims (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? (60699 Views)

Muslims What Is JIZZYA? / Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 10:50pm On Jan 14, 2008
Salaam Babs
calm down grin cheesy

am sure they will come online and post more often undecided Hauwa and Belloti too undecided
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 15, 2008
ok,

Salam

We was here now, cheesy

Just marked Hijrah over here yesterday, was very interesting and wonderful.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 18, 2008
Speaking without knowledge is a dangerous matter. Allah said in Surat al-Isra’, Ayah 36:

[Do not act or give judgments in the Religion without knowledge. On the Day of Judgment one’s ears, eyes, and heart will be asked about their deeds.] The Prophet, sallallahu ^alayhi wa sallam, also advised in this matter. Both at-Tirmidhiyy (in his book Al-Jami^) and the hafidh, Ibn Muhammad Ibn Abu Bakr al-Qurashiyy (in his book, As-Samt, which means "The Silence"wink narrated from Prophet Muhammad that he said:

<<Say something good or else keep silent.>> This advice is important to follow because giving judgments in the Religion without knowledge is among the ways which lead a person to be a loser in the Hereafter. Indeed, this matter is among the top reasons leading people to enter Hellfire. The one who says something is "halal" (permissible) or "haram" (forbidden) in the Religion without relying on a valid religious permission to do so is sinful and deserves the severe torture in Hellfire

The pious, knowledgeable people said it is a very good act for the person to say: "I do not know," when it is applicable to do so. If one does not know the religious judgment on a particular case, he should not venture his own opinion on it. Once, when Imam ^Aliyy was asked about something which he did not know, he said, "I do not know." Then he added, "How soothing it is for me to say ‘I do not know’ when I do not know." Imam ^Aliyy meant that he felt comfortable not to answer a religious question when he did not know the answer to it. We should take heed and follow the words of Imam ^Aliyy in this matter. He was one of the most honored Companions of the Prophet--known for his high level of knowledge and comprehension in the Religion.

Once, when Prophet Muhammad, sallallahu ^alayhi wa sallam, was asked what the best and the worst places were, he answered:

"I do not know. I will ask Jibril." When the Prophet asked Jibril, Jibril also said, "I do not know." After a period of time, Jibril returned to Prophet Muhammad with the answer which Allah revealed to him: "The worst places are the markets and the best places are the mosques." This is a sahih hadith related by Imam Muslim and others.

The Prophet, sallallahu ^alayhi wa sallam, taught us a very important lesson by his response. It is not shameful for one to reply, "I do not know" when it is applicable, but it is shameful to speak about religious matters without knowledge. Only Allah knows everything. For the Muslim to be safe on the Day of Judgment, he should speak only about what he knows. If one needs an answer to a Religious question, he should ask one more knowledgeable than himself or a trustworthy Muslim who can ask another pious, knowledgeable Muslim. This is the way the knowledge of the Religion is taught, and this is the way the knowledge is preserved.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 18, 2008
I hope this finds all of you in the best of health and imaan, Insha Allah.
From reading certain threads I sense a lot of tension and ill feelings on the forum.

Extract the Honey, but do not break the Hive,

Everything that has gentleness within it is beautified, and whatever lacks it is spoiled. When you meet someone, giving them a bright smile and a kind word, you are displaying a characteristic of the truly successsful person, a characteristic that even a bee exhibits. When a bee lands on a flower (doing so for a practical purpose) it does not destroy it, because Allah rewards gentleness with that which He does give for harshness. There are certain people whose personalities are like magnets , attracting everyone who is nearby, simply because they are loved for their gentle talk, their good manners, and their noble deeds.

Winning the friendship of others is an art that is mastered by those that are noble and pious; a circle of people constantly surrounds them. Their mere presence in a gathering is a blessing, and when they are absent they are missed and asked about.

These blessed people have a code of conduct entitled: " Repel (the evil) with one which is better( ie. Allah ordered the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly), then verily! He, between whom and you there was enmity(will become) as though he was a close friend." [Qur'an 41:34]

They suck out malice from others with sincerity, forgiveness, and gentleness. They forget evil that was enacted upon them and preserve the memory of kindness received. Biting, harsh words may be aimed at them, but such words pass by their ears without entering and continue on their path without ever returning. They are in a state of calmness. People in general, and Muslims in particular, are safe from suffering any harm at their hands.

The Prophet Muhammad(blessings and peace be upon him) said: " The Muslim is the person whose tongue and hand do not harm others. And the Believer is he, whom others trust, about their blood and wealth."

He further said: "Verily Allah ordered me to keep relations with those that cut me off, to forgive the one who does injustice with me, and to give to those who withold from me. "

The noble Qur'an put it: " Those who repress anger, and who pardon men; verily, Allah loves the good-doers." [Qur'an 3:134]

Give to such people glad tidings of a reward close at hand in terms of peace and tranquility. Also, give glad tidings to them a reward in the Hereafter, of gardens and rivers, wherein they will be in close proximity to their forgiving Creator. " In a seat of truth(Paradise), near the Omnipotent King (Allah)." [Qur'an 55:55]
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by chilla(f): 3:31pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ All

May we all be rewarded for thes posts.

Today is the 10th of Muharram, 1429AH. Yesterday bn 9th n today 10th, muslims r expected to fast n thank the Almighty Allah 4 yet another wonderful opprtunity to c another year.

Alhamdulillahi ala Ni'matil Islam. 3 things can nvr be recovered:
1) Time that has been lost
2) Words Spoken
3)Opportunities Missed.

As the year 1429 steps in2 its 10th day, let us reflect on how much of thse we've used 4 Allah's sake and set positive goals 2 ourselves . Remember this may be our LAST CHANCE.

We continue to seek for Allah's guidance n mercy.

Jumuat Mubarak
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 18, 2008
Nice one chilla,

You guys have made this place interesting today.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2008
Salaaam
Barka Jumaat to you all

am wishing you all a splendid Tamkahrit wink
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by cushman(m): 8:16pm On Jan 18, 2008
Salam, Barka jumaat muki

Barka jumaat brothers and sisters in islam

FRIDAY SERMON

“In a far away land, a long time ago, a boy was born blind. His widowed mother - the good Muslimah that she was - did not lose hope in her dua' and pray she did, continuously. A few years later, the boy's sight returned. Al-Hamdu lillaah.

She realized that her village was not befitting for her son to excel in Islamic education, so with her son in hand they migrated to Makkah. There she saw that he was being instructed in Quran and Hadith, the latter becoming the young man's focus. He went out far and wide collecting Hadith and compiled a Hadith book that sits next to the Quran in authenticity, forgetting not his mother that had raised him well. His mother named him Muhammad ibn Isma'il, and many of us know him today as: Al-Imam Al-Bukhari!

Dear brothers and sisters, how often is it that a farmer plants wheat and it comes out as a sunflower? You may say, never! For how can someone farm the seed of one plant and expect some other plant to grow. It just does not happen. Similarly, some parents leave their children waddling in the mud of television, music, movies, and disbelieving friends. Then when the child reaches grade 12 and asks to go to the final dance with a girlfriend, or when he enters University and stops praying, or when he gets married to a Kafir and himself becomes one, then the parents say, "What happened?" Brothers and sisters, it is the harvest of what we planted.

If we do not raise our children to be obedient, where do we expect them to learn? If we do not practice Islam ourselves, who will be our children's example? How do you teach a child to wake up for Fajr, when he sees his own father and mother sleeping in, day after day?

You may ask, how do I raise my children to be good Muslims, obedient to their parents? Consider the following:
Firstly: One should discipline their children throughout their youth. Hisham ibn Abd Al-Malik missed a son of his during Jumu'ah one week. When he met him later, he asked him, "Why did you miss Jumu'ah?" His son replied, "My donkey couldn't make the trip." His father then said, "Couldn't you have walked!" For an entire year after that, Hisham ibn Abd Al-Malik made his son walk to Jumu'ah.

Secondly: The piety of the father and mother reaches the children. In the Qur'an, Allah (SWA) recalls for us the story of Khidr, and how he rebuilt a wall for 2 orphans:

[And as for the wall, it belonged to two orphan boys in the town. Under it was a treasure belonging to them and their father was a righteous man, ] - Al-Kahf 18/82

Look at how Allah (SWA) protected these orphans because of the piety of their father. In tafseer, it is said that it was their grandfather seven generations back!

Sa'eed ibn Jubayr said, "I often lengthen my Salah for the sake of my son, perhaps Allah (SWA) may protect him (because of it)."

In conclusion, let us reflect on the virtue of respecting our parents, It is one of the greatest things that we can do. In Bukhari and Muslim, from Abd Allah ibn Mas'ood (RA), a man asked the Prophet (SAW), "What deed is most beloved by Allah?" He (SAW) said, "Salah on time." The man asked, "And then?" He (SAW) said, "Respecting and revering ones parents." He said, "And then?" "Jihad for the sake of Allah."

It is a means by which our sins are forgiven. When Allah (SWA) commanded in the Qur'an [And We enjoined on man to be dutiful and kind to his parents, ] The next verse tells us: [They are those from whom We shall accept the best of their deeds and overlook their evil deeds, (they shall be) amongst the dwellers of Paradise.] - Al-ahqaaf 46/15-16

Respecting our parents will lead us to Jannah! In Muslim, from Abu Hurayrah (RA): I heard the Messenger of Allah (SAW) say, "May he perish! May he perish! May he perish!" It was asked, "Who, O Messenger of Allah?" The Prophet (SAW) said, "He whose parents attain old age in his life - one or both of them - and he does not enter Paradise (because of his goodness towards them)."

And when our parents are gone, the goodness towards them does not end.
Malik ibn Rabi'ah Al-Saa'idi narrated: We were sitting with the Messenger of Allah (SAW) when an Ansari man came and asked, "O Messenger of Allah, is there anything left from my Birr to my parents that I should present to them after their death?" The Prophet (SAW) said, "Yes, four things: Pray and ask forgiveness for them. Fulfill their pledges. Be kind to their friends. And maintain the ties of kinship that come from only their direction. That is what is left from your Birr to them after their death."- Ahmad, Abu Dawood, and Ibn Maajah.

Aamir ibn Abd Allah ibn Az-Zubayr (RA) said, "My father died, and for an entire year I did not ask Allah for anything except that He forgive my Father."

Remember dear brothers and sisters as you meet your parents today, the words of Rasulullah (SAW)- "Fa feehima fa Jaahid! Do Jihad in (your kind treatment of) your parents."

O Allah (SWA), forgive us and our parents, and reward them with the finest reward. O Allah (SWA), elevate their position in the hereafter and this Dunya; make that which befalls them an expiation for their sins. O Allah (SWA), grant them residence in Firdows, the highest level of Jannah, with the Prophets, the Siddeeqeen, and the Martyrs. Ameen” O MANKIND ALWAYS REMEMBER!!
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 8:38pm On Jan 18, 2008
Salaam cush

May Allah reward you for that article

Yamoul Ashoura everyone smiley

Most of us fasted today. depending on when we get to the 10th day of Ashoura i know some of us who will get there tommorow will want to fast but please DO NOT FAST ON SATURDAY EVEN IF ITS SUNNAH

This is the ruling. One should not fast on Saturday. If one MUST AND IS WAJAB, THEN IT IS PERMISSABLE. Otherwise, the Prophet (SAW) told us not to. This hadith overrides the hadith where if you fast on Friday, then you must either fast a day before it or after it.

The Prophet (SAW) said, "Do not fast on Saturday except on what was obligated on you (example Ramadhan) and if you do not find except even if you find the little piece of stem from a grape then eat it and break your fast."
Tirmithi, Abu Dawud, Ibn Khuzaymah, Albaani classified this Sahih
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by cushman(m): 8:52pm On Jan 18, 2008
Salaam again,

Thanks for that piece of advice muki. I'm sure it'll help most of us here wink
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by belloti(m): 9:13pm On Jan 18, 2008
Muki, Am highly impressed by your very educative contributions here. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta ala rewards you abundantly together with our fellow brothers and sisters here, Amen. Babs has done quite a lot too. so also our dear mdsocks and the rest.

We should be educating ourselves regularly in line with islamic teachings. Insha Allah Islam shall triumph.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 9:38pm On Jan 18, 2008
alhamduliilahi.

it's been a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

time since we had belloti here cheesy
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 19, 2008
Tamkharit(Ashura) and its importance

All praise be to Allah who has granted us to see one more year of the Hijri calendar. From the time Prophet Muhammad migrated to al-Madinah it has been 1429 years. Alhamdulillah He sent him rahmatan lil-`alamaeen – Mercy to all the worlds.This is the month in which Allah ordered the Prophet to move to Madinah to establish the infrastructure of Islam, to establish the state, and the khilafah of Islam. It was in this month that Allah gave a place to the Prophet from which Islam spread everywhere.

When he reached al-Madinat al-munawwara - at that time it was called Yathrib or Taiyyaba - and entered, and established his place he found the Jews fasting the tenth of Muharram. And he asked, "Why are they fasting on that day?" They said, "Because on that day Allah saved Musa from Pharoah." And the Prophet fasted that day and ordered the Muslims to fast that day. And Muslim narrated in one of the hadith of `Ashura, "`an abi qatadata an rasulullahi saama yawma `Ashura… kaffaaratan lis saanat almaadiya." Abu Qatada reports that the Prophet said that whoever fasts that day, will be forgiven all his or her sins of the previous year. Therefore it is important to remember that Allah swt will waive one year’s sins you have committed.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by cushman(m): 2:31pm On Jan 19, 2008
ALL BEINGS ARE SUBJECTED TO GOD

All beings in the universe, either living or non-living, are under God's command. They can act only if He wills. They can only perform those tasks which He wills. For example, honeybees, who produce more honey than their actual need, could not possibly know that honey is beneficial to humans; nor could they be aware of the precise chemical composition that makes it so useful and delicious. In fact, in addition to not knowing why they produce an abundance of much honey, nor could they possess the intelligence to construct the orderly hexagonal honeycombs, each of which is a miracle of design and mathematics. It is God, to Whom all beings are subjected, that causes bees accomplish these feats. That bees act in compliance with God's command is related in the Qur'an as follows:

Your Lord revealed to the bees: "Build dwellings in the mountains and the trees, and also in the structures which men erect. Then eat from every kind of fruit and travel the paths of your Lord, which have been made easy for you to follow" From inside them comes a drink of varying colours, containing healing for mankind. There is certainly a Sign in that for people who reflect. (Sura an-Nahl: 68-69)

Bees' compliance with God's commands in the manner in which they conduct themselves is not an anomaly. God provides us with this example to allow us to understand that all beings, including man, act by His Will. The Qur'an indicates that this is a sign for those who reflect. All beings are entirely subjected to His command:

Everyone in the heavens and earth belongs to Him. All are submissive to Him. (Sura ar-Rum: 26)
Some religions consider Satan to be a being apart from and independent of God. Some attribute individual power to Satan. However, both opinions are incorrect. Satan, as well as the disbelievers who follow him, are subjected to God's Will. God created Satan to put man to test, and endowed him with the ability and authority to call mankind to disbelief. God's address to Satan is related in the Qur'an:

He (God) said, "Get out! you are accursed!
My curse is upon you until the Day of Reckoning."
He (Satan) said, "My Lord, grant me a reprieve until the Day they are raised again." He said, "You are among the reprieved until the Day whose time is known."
He said, "By Your might, I will mislead all of them except for Your chosen servants among them."
He said, "By the truth—and I speak the truth—
I will fill up Hell with you and every one of them who follows you." (Sura Sâd: 77-85)

Just as man is, Satan is also entirely under God's control, and subjected to His Will. He is not a being possessing a will apart from and independent of God; he can neither make such decisions nor carry them out. In the trial set for human beings in this life, he is merely a being that is expected to distinguish the righteous from the corrupt.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 2:55pm On Jan 19, 2008
@Bellloti

Salam

Nice hearing from you all these while. May Allah continue to be with you

@All

May Allah increases your knowledge and make you not depart from the right religion before Allah.

Maa Salam
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 22, 2008
THE RIDDLE OF LIFE,by Abdullah Quilliam

Birth, life and death, three potent words,

What is it that they spell?

Our entrance in, our life upon,

Our exit and our knell.

Is that, then, all that is compris'd

Within those words so said?

And doth the span of passing scene

Cry "Finish'd" when we're dead?

If such be all, alas for us!

Poor creatures of an hour,

That bloom unseen, that die forgot,

Like passing of a shower.

Our days but few, our cares so great,

And pass'd in toil and strife;

Our life a span, under a ban -

No blessing, then, is life.

But if the moment of our birth -

As we believe it be -

Is not just entrance upon earth,

But immortality;

Then toil and care and meagre fare,

While on the earth we stand,

Is but precursor, but the path

That leads to other land.

Then sound of knell doth only tell

Of life begun for aye-

That perfect life, sans care and strife,

In the eternal day.

(October 16, 1904)Islamic poems
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Lolabbey: 1:06pm On Jan 22, 2008
salam alyk,
lately pple are rushing into islam.
a frnd of mine left a guy she loves so mch cos of religious diference
i so mch apreciate her.
she called me 2days ago dat she stil feels 4 d guy and i blv dat is because she is yet 2 get a muslim bro.
advice pls
masalam
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 22, 2008
W/S

hmmm, Thats a tough one

She just have to continue to pray to Allah to grant her the best and most suitable partner for her.

She shouldn't use nonavailability of muslims brothers to return back to where she came from.
I pray Insha Allah ,she gets one soonest. cool
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by chilla(f): 4:05pm On Jan 22, 2008
Salaam, just learnt of this n decided 2 share it with u. Enjoy:

Once a man was walking and he read this written on a wall:

'Qul huwallahu ahad * Allahus Samad * Lam yalid wa lam youlad * Wa lam yakoun lahu koufawan ahad”

So he sat and read it, while he was reading it a man was watching him and came to him and said ‘Do you know that you have at least got 470 hasnas just for reading this?’

The person who wrote this on the wall also got 470 hasanas; even I got 470 hasanas just for writing this mail; even you got (who is reading this mail) got 470 hasanas

so press forward and let more people get 470 hasanas don’t forget each time someone reads this mail and gets hasanat , so do you.

Hadith

Rasulullah (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: "When a man dies and his relatives are busy in funeral, there stands an extremely handsome man by his head. When the dead body is shrouded, that man gets in between the shroud and the chest of the deceased.

When after the burial, the people return home, 2 angels, Munkar and Nakeer(names of two special Angels), come in the grave and try to separate this handsome man so that they may be able to interrogate the dead man in privacy about his faith. But the handsome man says, "He is my companion, he is my friend. I will not leave him alone in any case. If you are appointed for interrogation, do your job. I cannot leave him until I get him admitted into Paradise ".

Thereafter he turns to his dead companion and says, "I am the Qura'an, which you used to read, sometimes in a loud voice and sometimes in a low voice. Do not worry. After the interrogation of Munkar and Naker, you will have no grief."

When the interrogation is over, the handsome man arranges for him from Al-Mala'ul A'laa (the angels in Heaven) silk bedding filled with musk.

Rasulullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) said: "On the Day of Judgement, before Allah, no other Intercessor will have a greater status than the Qura'an, neither a Prophet nor an angel."

Please keep forwarding this "Hadith" to all , because

Rasulullah (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said:

"Pass on knowledge from me even if it is only one verse".

May Allah bestow this favour on all of us.

AMEEN
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 22, 2008
Nice post Chilla.

Jazakallahu Khair

Thanks for sharing,
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 8:23pm On Jan 22, 2008
Salam

A friend forwarded this to me and I decided to post it here for all to read

SIGNS OF THE LAST DAY

1400 years ago!!!

Take a look, Now this is scary but soooooooo TRUE!!!!

* Camels will no longer be used as a means of transport;

* People will ride on saddles that aren't saddles (cars?)

* The distance on earth will become short; (Telecommunications and internet)

* Horses will not be used in wars; (B4 bombers, invisible submarines, tanks)

* Muslims will defeat the Byzantines which will end with the conquest of Constantinople( Istanbul )

* The Jews will gather again to live in Bilad Canaan; ( Israel )

* Very tall buildings will be built; (sky scrappers)

* The disappearance of knowledge and the appearance of ignorance, with much killing;

* Adultery will become widespread, and the drinking of wine will become common;

* The number of men will decrease and the number of women will increase until there are 50 women to be looked after by one man.

* Islam will become worn out like clothes are, until no one will know what fasting, prayer, charity and rituals are;

* Allah will send a disease to fornicators that will have no cure (Aids?);

* People will begin to believe in the stars and reject AL QADAR (THE DIVINE DECREE OF DESTINY);

* Men will pass by people's graves and say: "Would that I were in his place"; (large amount of sucidal deaths?)

* The Euphrates will uncover a mountain of gold for which people will fight over (the river of Alfurat that lies near Syria );

* Two large groups of people will fight one another, and there will be many casualties; they will both be following the same religion (World War II?);

* Earthquakes will increase;

* Time will pass quickly;

* Afflictions will appear;

* Killing will increase;

* Wealth will increase;

* Women will be wearing clothes but not wearing clothes

* THE PROPHET (saw) SAID: "IF MY UMMAH BEARS 15! TRAITS(QUALITIES) , TRIBULATION WILL FOLLOW IT." (DAY OF JUDGEMENT) SOMEONE ASKED,"WHAT ARE THEY O MESSENGER OF ALLAH?" HE (saw) SAID:

* When any gain is shared out only among the rich, with no benefit to the poor;

* When a trust becomes a means of making profit;

* When paying ZAKKAT becomes a burden;

* When voices are raised in the mosque;

* When the leader of a people is the worst of them;

*When people treat a man with respect because of what he may do;

* When much wine is drunk; red wind or the earth swallow them, or to be transformed into animals."

* 'IMRAN IBN HUSAYN SAID: "THE PROPHET (AS) SAID, 'SOME PEOPLE OF THIS UMMAH WILL BE SWALLOWED BY THE EARTH, TRANSFORMED INTO ANIMALS, AND SOME WILL BE BOMBARDED WITH STONES'. ONE OF THE MUSLIMS ASKED, WHEN WILL THAT BE O MESSENGER Of ALLAH?' HE SAID, 'WHEN SINGERS AND MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS WILL BECOME POPULAR, AND MUCH WINE IS DRUNK.'"

*THE GREATER SIGNS OF THE HOUR The Quran will disappear in one night, even from the people's hearts, and no Ayah will be left on earth. (Some groups of old people will be left who will say: "We heard of fathers' saying "LA-ILAHA ILLAL-LAH" so we repeat it)

* The appearance of the MAHDI;

* The appearance of the DAJJAL (Anti Christ);

* The appearance of Ya'juj and Ma'juj (biblical Gog and Magog);

* Isa (Jesus) will come during the time of Dajjal;

* The rising of the sun from the west;

* The destruction of the Ka'ba and the recovery of its treasures;

* The smoke.

But there is a detailed write up on Judgement day in this link https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-41732.0.html

Maa Salam
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by chilla(f): 9:29am On Jan 23, 2008
Salaam,

Inna lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Rajiun- We are from Allah n 2 him shall be our last return.
Its really so scary to realise that end time is already knocking @ the door.

Ya ALLAH, have mercy on our souls n 4gv our shortcomings, amin.

@ babs787,

A beautiful piece brother, may Allah bless u 4 this posting.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by luvus: 2:11pm On Jan 23, 2008
hi dis is wat i learnt check this thread interesting https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-107465.0.html
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by samsonola(m): 2:27pm On Jan 23, 2008
Peace everyone. Pls if i miss like 3 salat sy zuri, asri and magrib is it compulsory for me to say the call to prayer for each prayer if i am praying alone.Thanks
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 9:38pm On Jan 23, 2008
@luvus

Insert Quote
hi this is what i learnt check this thread interesting https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-107465.0.html

You may go there to see how falsehood has been exposed.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 9:42pm On Jan 23, 2008
@samsonola

Insert Quote
Peace everyone. Please if i miss like 3 salat sy zuri, asri and magrib is it compulsory for me to say the call to prayer for each prayer if i am praying alone.Thanks

Salam 2 you too. cheesy. You have to say it but time does nt permit me to state in details why you need to but INsha Allah will do that later when I am less busy.

Maa Salam
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by chilla(f): 11:00am On Jan 24, 2008
@ Samsonola

The call to prayer is 2 let pple knw its time 4 prayers, its Mustahabbi, if u dnt there is no problem, but doing it, u get a reward.

@Luvus

Its afree world so we dnt hv interest inm that thread
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 8:00pm On Jan 24, 2008
@samsonola

Peace everyone. Please if i miss like 3 salat sy zuri, asri and magrib is it compulsory for me to say the call to prayer for each prayer if i am praying alone.Thanks

Salam brother. I told you that I would respond giving you explanation and it goes:

The call to prayer and call for prayer for those who missed the proper prayer time. (The Adhan and Iqamah for those who missed the proper time of prayer

One who sleeps through the time of a prayer or who forgets a prayer may make adhan and Iqamah when he desires to pray. In a story recorded by Abu Dawud, when the Prophet upn whom be peace, and his companions slept through the time of the morning prayer, he ordered Bilal to make the adhan and Iqamah for the prayer. If one has missed many prayers, it is preferred to make one adhan at the beginning followed by an Iqamah for each prayer.

Sys al-Athrami, 'I heard Abu 'Abdullah (Ahmed) being asked what a man who had missed a prayer should do about the adhan. He mentioned the hadith of Hushaim fro Abu-az-Zubair that the idol-worshippers kept the Prophet busy observing four of his prayers during the battle of clans. When part of the night had passed, he ordered Bilal to make the adhan and the Iqamah and they prayed the afternoon, sunset and night prayers in succession, each time followed by the iqamah.

Hope it is understood brother that you have to make the Iqamah for each prayer.

The adhan and iqamah for women

Said Ibn 'Umar,'there is no adhan and iqamah for women, (related by al-Baihaqi with a shahih chain). This was the opinion of Anas al-Hassan, Ibn Sireen, an-Makahi, al-Thauri, Malik, Abu Thaur and the people of 'juristic reasoning'. Ash-Shafi, Ishaq and Ahmad said if they make the iqamah and adhan there is no problem. It is rrelated from Aishat that she made the adhan and iqamah and led women in prayer standing in the middle of the row (related by al-Baihaqi)

Maa Salam
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2008
@samsonola

Salam brother. I told you that I would respond giving you explanation and it goes:

The call to prayer and call for prayer for those who missed the proper prayer time. (The Adhan and Iqamah for those who missed the proper time of prayer

One who sleeps through the time of a prayer or who forgets a prayer may make adhan and Iqamah when he desires to pray. In a story recorded by Abu Dawud, when the Prophet upn whom be peace, and his companions slept through the time of the morning prayer, he ordered Bilal to make the adhan and Iqamah for the prayer. If one has missed many prayers, it is preferred to make one adhan at the beginning followed by an Iqamah for each prayer.

Sys al-Athrami, 'I heard Abu 'Abdullah (Ahmed) being asked what a man who had missed a prayer should do about the adhan. He mentioned the hadith of Hushaim fro Abu-az-Zubair that the idol-worshippers kept the Prophet busy observing four of his prayers during the battle of clans. When part of the night had passed, he ordered Bilal to make the adhan and the Iqamah and they prayed the afternoon, sunset and night prayers in succession, each time followed by the iqamah.

Hope it is understood brother that you have to make the Iqamah for each prayer.

The adhan and iqamah for women

Said Ibn 'Umar,'there is no adhan and iqamah for women, (related by al-Baihaqi with a shahih chain). This was the opinion of Anas al-Hassan, Ibn Sireen, an-Makahi, al-Thauri, Malik, Abu Thaur and the people of 'juristic reasoning'. Ash-Shafi, Ishaq and Ahmad said if they make the iqamah and adhan there is no problem. It is rrelated from Aishat that she made the adhan and iqamah and led women in prayer standing in the middle of the row (related by al-Baihaqi)

Maa Salam
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by samsonola(m): 11:45pm On Jan 24, 2008
@babs787

thaks so much. i now know. ma salaam
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 25, 2008
Salam,

Samsonola, Alhamdulilah.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by DD5: 9:47am On Jan 25, 2008
babs787:

* The appearance of Ya'juj and Ma'juj (biblical Gog and Magog);

false! The biblical gog and magog does not refer to individuals but to the rise of two sinister nations who will make war against Isreal . . . Russia and most probably China.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (32) (Reply)

What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? / Is This The Most Beautiful Mosque In Nigeria? / Where 2 Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix, Confirmed By The Quran Over 1400 Years Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.