Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man (28830 Views)

Pastor Gave Fake Prophecy That Destroyed My Marriage Of 10 Years / Wife Shocking Confession That Ended Her Marriage Of 5years / How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by Fhemmmy: 1:10pm On Jun 09, 2009
I dont see the marriage lasting.
The man will have inferiority complex and that will cause too much kata kata.
The woman might not even wanna take the man out in public, if the man is too much of an illiterate.
But then, the woman knows what she is going in for.
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by amaikama(m): 11:16am On Aug 27, 2009
Need answers to these questions:

At wat point did God mix love with education??

Was sending Jesus Christ to earth to die for our sins, is it for love or education?

We view things of God as an educated person but not as directed by the love of the Holy spirit.

Evert thing we do, positively, is based on God's love. marriage is base on love not education, relationships is based on love not education.

Nothing can take the place of love, money cannot, fame cannot, handsomeness cannot, beauty cannot.

The beauty of a woman is her heart of love and the handsomeness of any man is his heart of love.

Education or knowledge of education has no place in love.

Quote me wrong and we would go to the scriptures.
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by REALTRUTH1: 11:39am On Aug 27, 2009
amaikama:

Need answers to these questions:

At wat point did God mix love with education??

Was sending Jesus Christ to earth to die for our sins, is it for love or education?

We view things of God as an educated person but not as directed by the love of the Holy spirit.

Evert thing we do, positively, is based on God's love. marriage is base on love not education, relationships is based on love not education.

Nothing can take the place of love, money cannot, fame cannot, handsomeness cannot, beauty cannot.

The beauty of a woman is her heart of love and the handsomeness of any man is his heart of love.

Education or knowledge of education has no place in love.

Quote me wrong and we would go to the scriptures.
That is the mistake we keep making,,,trying to tie God to everything. Since after the time of Adam and Eve in the Bible,,,God has given up on men and women when it comes to relationship and marriage.The reason been that Adam accused God of giving him a woman that made him sin against God.
That is why in Paul epistels to the Corinthians,he said let every man/woman go get or find their wives/husbands.The reason for this is because God at this time wants us to be responsible for our actions and inactions when it comes to choosing a partner.
Therefore, U must be educated or properly informed to make an informed and strong decision as regards ur partner.Also, if U re not properly educated, U won't be able to properly read and understand the Bible.If anybody tells U education is not sufficient for a choice of partner,,,please do all U can to run away from that person.
Any religion that tells U God is solely responsible for actions or inactions as concerning ur choice of partner,,its an irresponsible religion.People should pls stop lying agaisnt God whenever they make irresponsible choice or choices.
This is one good reason why U would see so called purported Christians having a failed and dysfunctional home,,because they allow religion to becloud their sense of judgement,,,When making decision for ur partner,,,U must not pity the other person,,also don't allow the other person to pity U,,,,
Take the log of religion out of ur sense of reasoning,,then ask God to bless ur decision period,,,,
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 27, 2009
If, because of the guy's educational level, the woman finds it difficult or impossible to respect him, then I wouldn't recommend marriage.
To make a marriage work requires much more than infatuation.
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by olekus(m): 2:29pm On Aug 27, 2009
marriage is about oneness, even if the man is not educated now , the wife can encourage him to do that so that he can meet up with others in society.Schools/ Certificates are not running, we can acquire them any time.

Really, if woman is contemplating abt this, meaning the guy is loaded with money or time is against the woman. but all in all, this can be done in the spirit of unity, Better marriage can be achieved , if the woman is submissive and be just when need be to her husband and the husband should not underestimate or overrate your wife.
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 27, 2009
The easiest way to achjeve unity is when the partners are compatible. It really should not be about the desperation to get married or the inordinate quest for material things.

It is not very wise to go into marriage hoping that the other party will change.

So if the lady does not respect the man for what he currently is, then she should not get married to him.

It is a no-brainer really
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by Fhemmmy: 1:45pm On Aug 28, 2009
tensor777:

The easiest way to achjeve unity is when the partners are compatible. It really should not be about the desperation to get married or the inordinate quest for material things.

It is not very wise to go into marriage hoping that the other party will change.

So if the lady does not respect the man for what he currently is, then she should not get married to him.

It is a no-brainer really

Well said.
Good point
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by Shinatu: 3:53pm On Aug 31, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Well said.
Good point

Very good point.
The same Church people who tell you it does not matter are the ones who will be ready to tear you apart when you find it difficult to submit to the man.
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by Ikedonn(m): 9:50am On Oct 22, 2010
:d
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by tpia5: 6:27am On Aug 03, 2011
If, because of the guy's educational level, the woman finds it difficult or impossible to respect him, then I wouldn't recommend marriage

makes sense.

i've been wondering about this issue, myself.
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by rose75(f): 10:40am On Aug 03, 2011
OP, please what's your definition of education here?.
I'll answer you assuming you mean formal education, I have seen it happen but the man had to be a man. Ordinarily, the woman wanted to show that she's more learned but my guy proved to him that a woman must be a woman come what may, to an extent that the woman carelessly bursted out one day that she regretted marrying an "illitrate". Meanwhile, her so-called illiterate ( a school cert. holder) corrects her grammar and writes better than her, he's the breadwinner and takes care of her extended family in his own capacity.
The only issue I saw there was that the man forbade her from living her "yuppy" lifestyle and also banned her from seeing most of her friends whom he felt were negative influences.

But seriously, I believe it's better for the woman to be more educated than the husband, than the other way round.
Reasons:
1. Most Nigerian female graduates equate to a smart male school cert. holder intellectually, if not even less.
2. If the man has all edges over you, girl, you're in a sorry situation.
3. Men can easily adjust faster than women in awkward situations.
4. The woman as the child's first teacher inculcates the knowledge better and simpler when she knows her onus.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mother Ties Her Child On A Pillar In Her House (Photo) / Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? / Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.