Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,342 members, 7,826,352 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Love Letters - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Letters (18279 Views)

Poll: Love letters are:

Sweet: 77% (235 votes)
Silly: 22% (69 votes)
This poll has ended

Which Is Sweeter: Love Letters Or Love Sms? / Share Your Secondary School Love Letters. . . / Love Letters To My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Letters by syren: 7:27pm On Sep 12, 2008
doe82:

'LOVE LETTER'
Yes I did it!
I ll do it again!and again!! and again!!!

To the ladies,
how do u feel if the guy of your dreams(a guy u ve admired for a while) slips a'love letter' in your hands?
turn him down?
tell him he is crazy?
Certainly not

hahaha grin doe, so you've been writing love letters behind my back shocked

How u been, dear?
Re: Love Letters by doe82: 7:52pm On Sep 12, 2008
no dear,cant do a think like that!!
was actually refering to the ones i wrote to u
Re: Love Letters by syren: 8:33pm On Sep 12, 2008
doe82:

no dear,can't do a think like that!!

I thought so wink
Re: Love Letters by treadstone(m): 9:56pm On Sep 12, 2008
love letters is a very good thing,i like it.
Re: Love Letters by dyabman(m): 9:37am On Sep 13, 2008
doe82:

no dear,can't do a think like that!!
syren:

hahaha grin doe, so you've been writing love letters behind my back shocked

How u been, dear?

syren:

I thought so wink

why the drama?
Re: Love Letters by atutupoyo(f): 11:01am On Sep 13, 2008
I didn't really get. My next relationship I will be writing luv letters.
Re: Love Letters by drekid(m): 12:21pm On Sep 13, 2008
Jaylina, u really a B.I.T.C.H, nice picture
Re: Love Letters by jummiee(f): 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2008
hmmmmm, love letters, saw one the other day written by a long while back by Reuben Abati ( journalist with the Guardian) to his crush in secondary school, it has been circulating the net for some time now, it was hilarious! if you havent seen it, let me know if i can post it on this thread.
Re: Love Letters by olugbon01(m): 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2008
jummiee:

hmmmmm, love letters, saw one the other day written by a long while back by Reuben Abati ( journalist with the Guardian) to his crush in secondary school, it has been circulating the net for some time now, it was hilarious! if you havent seen it, let me know if i can post it on this thread.

i beg jummiee try post d letter
Re: Love Letters by syren: 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2008
dyabman:

why the drama?

It was a joke na
Re: Love Letters by ewealths(m): 4:41pm On Sep 13, 2008
This is a new world, i think it as been replaced by love text messages. I know Nigerians are very good at sending txt with all kinds of abbreviations, we even have have text message books for you to express yourself creatively. It is just technology that has changed things, people have not really changed.
Re: Love Letters by olugbon01(m): 4:51pm On Sep 13, 2008
sure. love letters have been replaced by e-mails and most important of all text messages with which u could also easily and freely express your mind
Re: Love Letters by kodderone(m): 5:47pm On Sep 13, 2008
Whoeva said luv letter is silly,

d person should just do me a favour n shut up and zip dat mouth lyk d nzip etisalat.

Bcuz, if dat person knoz wat luv is or hw sweet it is,

he/she will neva eva tink of luv being silly, talk mor of d letter.

Generally,

Luv letter is lyk a catalyst wich keepz ur luv situation growin n also represent d 1 u luv.

I beg Ooo,

Luv letter is not Silly rather it is Sweet.

10k Y´ll.
Re: Love Letters by jummiee(f): 6:29pm On Sep 13, 2008
olugbon01:

i beg jummiee try post d letter

OK, so here it goes; Warning, it's a bit long, so anyone who's too impatient to read till the end should just skip this post.

By Reuben Abati

I was riffling through my old things the other weekend: Secondary school note books, undergraduate files and somewhere in my notebook for PhiChemBi (pronounced FI-KEM-BA): Physics, Chemistry, and Biology). I'd come across a true relic from the past: a love letter I'd written to the first girl I was supposed to have loved. How the letter survives till today is a comment on my personal habits. I don't keep diaries - I've always thought that only mean people do - but I never fail to keep documents. Letters, ordinary notes, office memos are carefully hidden away somewhere in my unending file of documents. My wife says it is junk but as it happened that weekend, I encountered a document, which recalled past memories. The keeping of junk probably has its uses after all.

The letter in question is not an ordinary letter. It is the first letter I'd ever written to any girl. It was also written in a particular style.   As secondary school students, we had our own way of doing things. A form three student ñ as we then were ñ who was just being introduced to the mysteries of science and agriculture, invariably felt that a love letter was a good forum to show off his erudition. Every love letter was scrutinized by one's circle of peers. For the writing of this particular letter, I had no fewer than 10 advisers. The letter kept going back and forth with each person, adding his own line. Our objective was simple: that the girl to whom it was addressed should fall head over heels in love. We had high hopes that the letter would do the trick. You probably also once wrote such a letter.

In this joyless existence, love is one of the emotions that we experience as human beings, growing up as members of the community of man. We use the word love, even when we do not understand it. We believe in God without seeing Him. It is the same with that thing which every young person calls love. But as we grow older, we become wiser. We are forced, by circumstances and experience, to realize that love is not merely what the Holy Bible says it is: I mean all that stuff about how love does not covet etc, but that the act of love entails the realization, the struggle to survive, the preservation of the self in the midst of vicissitudes, and the inhumanity of man to man, is the truest act of love. We all fell in love, I suppose, as an initial act of fun, one of those rites of passage. These days, we are what to look back and chuckle. I am chuckling still.
Here, then is my beginning: love is like this first letter: an emotional disconnection with reality, a question mark: it is as follows:

At school, July 10, 1978

My dearest, sweetest, fondest, fantastic, extra-ordinary, paragon of beauty a.k.a Bose.

I hope this letter meets you in a fabulous state of metabolism, if so doxology. My principal aim of writing this letter to you is to gravitate your mind towards a matter of global and universal importance, which has been troubling my soul. The matter is so important. Even as I am writing, my adrenaline is 100 per cent on the Richter scale, my temperature is rising, the wind vane of my mind is pointing North, South and East at the same time; the mirror in my eyes has only your divine image.   Indeed when I sleep, you are the one in my medulla oblongata, and I dream about you. I went out to sea in my dream, and I saw you: surrounded by H20 and you in your majesty rose from the abdomen of the sea like Yemoja, the avatar of beauty. Oh, Lord be with us! We are thy servants.

As you can see, I am in a serious dilemma. And I want you to take my matter seriously. At this junction, what our Lord said on this matter is germane.  He says we should ask, and we shall be given, we should seek and we will find, and that we should knock, and it will be opened unto us. I am this 10th day of the seventh month in the year of our Lord, one thousand, nine hundred and seven eight, asking, seeking and knocking at your door. My prayer is that thou should open so that thy servant can enter. I want to wake up in the morning and see only your face.

I want you to be the only sugar in my tea, the only fly in my ointment, the butter on my bread, the grey matter of my system, the oxygen in my head, the planet of my universe, the wall clock of my room. The conveyor belt of my soul. I pray that you realize the gargantuan nature of my predicament.  If you refuse, my life will be like tea without sugar, like a snail without shell, a Xmas goat without a horn; in fact I'd become an orphan.  In fact I'd kill myself. What is life if I can't wake up in the morning and behold your face? You model of pulchritude, patiently created by God on a Sunday morning before he went on a deserved holiday. Please Bose, let me be your Romeo. Make me the Adam to your Eve. Shakespeare said it all: if music be the food of love, play on. I want to emphasize, universally and responsibly, that you are love itself. You are the metaphor, oxymoron, thesis, antithesis, irony, gerund, conjunction and the adverb of love.

At this juncture, let me also say that geography of your body is a permanent alleluia. Not from your body, ammonia, urea and iodine- you are too beautiful for that, what I see in your body is milk and honey.  At this juncture, brevity is the soul of wit. A stitch in time saves nine.  Procrastination is the thief of time. An opportunity once lost can never be regained. Make hay while the sun shines. All that glitters is not gold.  The journey of a thousand years begins with a step. What God has put together let no man put asunder. To be a man is not an easy task even if God's time is the best. But time waits for no one. A man without love is like a fish out of water. I know you are a sagacious girl. If you like the veracity of what I am saying, please fill the attached form and let me have it pronto. The mark at the bottom of this page is a kiss from me to you. I remain Your beloved, faithful, loyal, One and only admirer.   

The attached form, which has become brownish with age, is itself a study in youthful naivety. It contains such questions as what is your name?  Age? Do you have a boyfriend? If yes, please state why? If no, please explain?  Do you love me? If no, state why. If yes, doxology. What is your hobby?  Which is your favorite food? Mother's occupation? Father's occupation?   Are you from a polygamous home? Is your father rich and handsome? Is your mummy also a paragon of beauty like you? What do your parents want their son-in-law to become in life?

I could not stop laughing. Imagine the kind of things we did as small boys.  Asking a girl to fill a form! The questions and the idea of it strike me, in retrospect as plainly stupid but at the time, writing such letters to unsuspecting girls was the centre of our world. I confess that I was a consultant in the matter. All my friends wanted me to help them write their love letters. And whereas they succeeded with their letters, my own letters never brought any results.

This particular one (I must have written over 30) was never sent.   What happened I recall was that there was a change of strategy. The consensus was that I should speak to the girl directly. I was scared! My friends insisted, however. I was coached for days without end. Whenever we wanted to put theory to practice, my heart would beat so fast that I became tongue-tied and I'd develop instant fever. One day, I finally found the courage to do it. It was a disaster. I went up to the girl, sweating profusely:

"Excuse, I want to tell you something" (this took at least 10 minutes)

"Yes"

"I think I am in love with you. I want the two of us to, (this took not less than 20 minutes, the sentence was completed with a sign, indicating boy-girl relationship)

"No, I don't want," the girl replied.

"Why now?" (Another five minutes)

"I don't know"

"okay, thank you." (Less than one minute And I took to my heels!Couldn’t help but share this masterpiece with you.

That was Reuben Abati's experience, amusing though, nairalanders please share your love letters with us. grin[color=Black][/color]
Re: Love Letters by EDIPO(m): 8:21pm On Sep 13, 2008
i did not get to write mine when lotta people were writing propably because i did not grow up liking girls. when i was going to start writing mine, girls were already missing that part of guys so mine was a welcomed idea. then when a girl says no, she propably said that so that i could write another and i never got tired too. well the gist is, it always worked for me. the high point is, i dont end my letters with "yes or no, choose one. please reply!"

if you would never date me, never read what i write, no be jazz, na yearns!

now, i talk and its still working!
Re: Love Letters by tsa: 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2008
Hey ! i think now i would have made a big career out of writing love letters.I mean it flows effortlessly from within me.I wrote uncountable ones for my folks.I do have copies at home and read through them occassionally.I think this new generation has lost the act with the advent of gsm,internet,sms,etc For those who still write,kudos.For those who do not,make do with what you have.Have a lovely time.
Re: Love Letters by vichel(m): 2:47pm On Sep 14, 2008
i wrote a love letter to my high school girlfriend, and the stupid girl i asked deliver the letter snitched on me angry angry, and the principal got hold of the letter. He called me and the girl into the office and gave us a stern warnin, saying we were too young for that. Those were them dayz. I never liked the girl again after the encounter we had at the principals office, because it was soooo embarrasing lol tongue
Re: Love Letters by treadstone(m): 3:15pm On Sep 14, 2008
love letters is nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Love Letters by churchmann: 5:57pm On Sep 14, 2008
haha, i am sure many will not believe my story i am a male but since i was young and i was in school i never write love letters to girls but now in my home i can show about 25 of those letters to my unborn kids and some times i used it to provoke my present girl.As for me i had the opportunity of these letters because most of the time i wasn't in school i was always out of the country so these was making most of the girls to get mad of me, really i most say this i was shy at first but friends encourage me.

ya i like love letters but i doubt if it still exist now our days, most of us r grown up.Like went last i attended our old student association i saw one of the girls who was fun of writing love letters and fighting in school but she was big and married

Has any one ever receive a love letter at 40
Re: Love Letters by xJaysonx(m): 8:06pm On Sep 14, 2008
I did in my secondary school and it worked. I gat the girl. . . wink

Was very shy to say the 4 letter word, small boy then. . .
Re: Love Letters by tope2000(f): 8:09pm On Sep 14, 2008
love letter is so undecided
Re: Love Letters by chika98: 9:00pm On Sep 14, 2008
There is nothing wrong with writing letters every once in a while. It carries more weight than email.
Re: Love Letters by darkgoddes(f): 9:28pm On Sep 14, 2008
I couldnt stop laughing and holding my tummy as i was reading the letter bellow when i accidentally knocked off a vase and it fell on my feet, now it is swollen and i will need to get it massaged for the swelling to go down. This letter is damn funny! shikena! grin grin grin grin grin grin

@reuben abati
At school, July 10, 1978

My dearest, sweetest, fondest, fantastic, extra-ordinary, paragon of beauty a.k.a Bose.

I hope this letter meets you in a fabulous state of metabolism, if so doxology. My principal aim of writing this letter to you is to gravitate your mind towards a matter of global and universal importance, which has been troubling my soul. The matter is so important. Even as I am writing, my adrenaline is 100 per cent on the Richter scale, my temperature is rising, the wind vane of my mind is pointing North, South and East at the same time; the mirror in my eyes has only your divine image. Indeed when I sleep, you are the one in my medulla oblongata, and I dream about you. I went out to sea in my dream, and I saw you: surrounded by H20 and you in your majesty rose from the abdomen of the sea like Yemoja, the avatar of beauty. Oh, Lord be with us! We are thy servants.

As you can see, I am in a serious dilemma. And I want you to take my matter seriously. At this junction, what our Lord said on this matter is germane. He says we should ask, and we shall be given, we should seek and we will find, and that we should knock, and it will be opened unto us. I am this 10th day of the seventh month in the year of our Lord, one thousand, nine hundred and seven eight, asking, seeking and knocking at your door. My prayer is that thou should open so that thy servant can enter. I want to wake up in the morning and see only your face.

I want you to be the only sugar in my tea, the only fly in my ointment, the butter on my bread, the grey matter of my system, the oxygen in my head, the planet of my universe, the wall clock of my room. The conveyor belt of my soul. I pray that you realize the gargantuan nature of my predicament. If you refuse, my life will be like tea without sugar, like a snail without shell, a Xmas goat without a horn; in fact I'D become an orphan. In fact I'D kill myself. What is life if I can't wake up in the morning and behold your face? You model of pulchritude, patiently created by God on a Sunday morning before he went on a deserved holiday. Please Bose, let me be your Romeo. Make me the Adam to your Eve. Shakespeare said it all: if music be the food of love, play on. I want to emphasize, universally and responsibly, that you are love itself. You are the metaphor, oxymoron, thesis, antithesis, irony, gerund, conjunction and the adverb of love.

At this juncture, let me also say that geography of your body is a permanent alleluia. Not from your body, ammonia, urea and iodine- you are too beautiful for that, what I see in your body is milk and honey. At this juncture, brevity is the soul of wit. A stitch in time saves nine. Procrastination is the thief of time. An opportunity once lost can never be regained. Make hay while the sun shines. All that glitters is not gold. The journey of a thousand years begins with a step. What God has put together let no man put asunder. To be a man is not an easy task even if God's time is the best. But time waits for no one. A man without love is like a fish out of water. I know you are a sagacious girl. If you like the veracity of what I am saying, please fill the attached form and let me have it pronto. The mark at the bottom of this page is a kiss from me to you. I remain Your beloved, faithful, loyal, One and only admirer.

The attached form, which has become brownish with age, is itself a study in youthful naivety. It contains such questions as what is your name? Age? Do you have a boyfriend? If yes, please state why? If no, please explain? Do you love me? If no, state why. If yes, doxology. What is your hobby? Which is your favorite food? Mother's occupation? Father's occupation? Are you from a polygamous home? Is your father rich and handsome? Is your mummy also a paragon of beauty like you? What do your parents want their son-in-law to become in life?

I could not stop laughing. Imagine the kind of things we did as small boys. Asking a girl to fill a form! The questions and the idea of it strike me, in retrospect as plainly stupid but at the time, writing such letters to unsuspecting girls was the centre of our world. I confess that I was a consultant in the matter. All my friends wanted me to help them write their love letters. And whereas they succeeded with their letters, my own letters never brought any results.

This particular one (I must have written over 30) was never sent. What happened I recall was that there was a change of strategy. The consensus was that I should speak to the girl directly. I was scared! My friends insisted, however. I was coached for days without end. Whenever we wanted to put theory to practice, my heart would beat so fast that I became tongue-tied and I'D develop instant fever. One day, I finally found the courage to do it. It was a disaster. I went up to the girl, sweating profusely:

"Excuse, I want to tell you something" (this took at least 10 minutes)

"Yes"

"I think I am in love with you. I want the two of us to, (this took not less than 20 minutes, the sentence was completed with a sign, indicating boy-girl relationship)

"No, I don't want," the girl replied.

"Why now?" (Another five minutes)

"I don't know"

"okay, thank you." (Less than one minute And I took to my heels!Couldn’t help but share this masterpiece with you.
Re: Love Letters by tope2000(f): 9:29pm On Sep 14, 2008
lmao grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Love Letters by MP007(m): 11:13pm On Sep 14, 2008
che! still remember high school dayz, enough love letters from girls( i be cute boi now), lol, with enough grammar, but i think "love letters" are from kids, why not approach him/her with confidence,
Re: Love Letters by seund1: 2:04am On Sep 15, 2008
Guys You won't beleive this.!
CLICK THIS LINK TO VISIT: http://depacco.com/pages/index.php?refid=ifystallon
Signup as a member And get paid $100 instantly to your Egold or Paypal.
Re: Love Letters by papadims: 11:03am On Sep 15, 2008
well i its still good but outdated. i just remembered wat i and my pal did to our classmate back at secondary skol.

actually my friend toasted this friend this particular girl but she refused, so one day she sent me to give guy who atays close tp my house back then a love letter, this friend of my stumbled into the letter in my bag. she actually drew a heart for the guy but these friend of mine tore the letter and later drew a broken heart and replaced ignorantly i delivered the letter. they broke up and this friend of mine won her heart. this happened in js2 he only confessed to her on our graduation day when he had concluded plans to travel abroad for his university education.
Re: Love Letters by Virginkid(m): 11:46am On Sep 15, 2008
I loved writing so called "love letters", way back then but it was only to one girl. I still had her replies even after a long while and when i did told and showed her, she was so shy that she begged me to do away with them. I used to read them when am kindda of angry and down, it brings back funny memories. Now i still write them but in a much advance form of Poesm in Emails or printed doc.

I think girls like being told all sorts - usually in the dream world kiss.
Re: Love Letters by slyk2(m): 1:17pm On Sep 15, 2008
you never 4get ur boy-girl days?

it was the order of the day then and i did it several times.
my auntie caught me once and dealt with me.

you can imagine bringing the girl and the parents to our house and reading the letter loud.
Re: Love Letters by slyk2(m): 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2008
you never 4get ur boy-girl days?

it was the order of the day then and i did it several times.
my auntie caught me once and dealt with me.

you can imagine bringing the girl and the parents to our house and reading the letter loud.
Re: Love Letters by kakaya: 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2008
I vividly remebered the first Love Letter i got, i fought the guy and remained his enemy for years but he was persistent. Maybe, if he was my friend first, , cool
Re: Love Letters by spef008: 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2008
Hmmm love letters, i can say that in those days love letters was common, but nowdays they dont send it anymore. i did send some love letters way back not because i was shy or anything, but for the fun and excitment that goes with it. i know 80% of Nairalanders did send love letters. so lets be realistic, smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

When She Just Wants To Be Friends / Which Valentine's Gift Is The Best You Have Ever Recieved / Guys What Do You Think About Tall Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.