Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,749 members, 7,851,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:00 PM

Romance Scammers Abusing Nairaland - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance Scammers Abusing Nairaland (2149 Views)

Features Guys Shouldn't Mention If Abusing A Lady / Man Sues Ex-girlfriend For Abusing His Sperm: “she Demanded Sex 6 Times A Day”. / What Are Tricks Used By Romance Scammers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romance Scammers Abusing Nairaland by olanajim(m): 10:36am On Sep 01, 2008
Is taking the email addresses off nairaland the solution?
Re: Romance Scammers Abusing Nairaland by dreeldee: 6:07am On Sep 02, 2008
no biggy-in the first place, most of their emails go to the junk and eventually emptied without you reading the content. in the case where it goes directly into your inbox, then delete it. you can't be scammed by merely reading it except you take any step further which could make you gullible and that's why it's believed by scammers that only the greedy ones fall easy prey. i receive scam emails too, and i make sure they end up in the recycle bin.
Re: Romance Scammers Abusing Nairaland by richo(m): 8:27am On Sep 02, 2008
some of the fools result to sendin u instant messages, then say they love u after chattin for 15mins. angry scammers out there dont waste ur money in the cafe tryin to trick me am smarter than ur fore fathers put together cry
Re: Romance Scammers Abusing Nairaland by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 02, 2008
olanajim:

Is taking the email addresses off nairaland the solution?

Maybe not entirely, but at least, it's a start.

Just out of curiosity - why have your email on your profile anyway?
Is it in the hope you'll develop a relationship with someone through it?

I'm not criticizing, merely curious.
Re: Romance Scammers Abusing Nairaland by MrCrackles(m): 10:31am On Sep 02, 2008
this one na serious issue ooo!
Re: Romance Scammers Abusing Nairaland by iice(f): 10:35am On Sep 02, 2008
Siena:

Just out of curiosity - why have your email on your profile anyway?
Is it in the hope you'll develop a relationship with someone through it?

Sometimes yes.
Re: Romance Scammers Abusing Nairaland by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 02, 2008
iice:

Sometimes yes.

Ah, Ms Iice, I guessed that was mostly why.
Re: Romance Scammers Abusing Nairaland by tkb417(m): 1:26pm On Sep 02, 2008
i dont have my email in my profile nor my pic but i got the shit

so how did the idiot get my email? is he/she working with NL?

so what do they want? collect ma money?
how? like someone said, im smarter than thier generations put together. No be ma money den go collect
Re: Romance Scammers Abusing Nairaland by daslick007(m): 7:52pm On Sep 02, 2008
I GOT THAT MAIL TOO, FROM ONE MARY OR MERCY AGURMA, THAT'S TERRIBLE, I AINT BUYING THIS. PEOPLE ARE GOING CRAZY, NOW HOW WILL A TRUE HOMMIE AND A PURE NAIJA BOBO FALL FOR THAT KINNA STUFF
Re: Romance Scammers Abusing Nairaland by manmustwac(m): 8:11pm On Sep 02, 2008
Mercy Tatari Mina Saleeby and now Zuaca Acfze I tink am just going to reply them and have fun with these babes and see how long it will take them to realise that thier just wasting thier Cybernet Time
Re: Romance Scammers Abusing Nairaland by A40(m): 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2008
Thats why i had to yank off my email addy from my profile i dont want no bloodclot son of babylon bugging me
Re: Romance Scammers Abusing Nairaland by daslick007(m): 4:55pm On Sep 03, 2008
bloodclot son of babylon
@ A-40 men that's deep, u on fire hommie
Re: Romance Scammers Abusing Nairaland by slyk2(m): 11:41am On Sep 05, 2008
Na another fun for the scammers.

one e-mailed me saying she is in a camp where she can e-mail but
does not have access to a mobile phone.
you know what, she has nice pictures but clains to be out of cash.
Re: Romance Scammers Abusing Nairaland by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 05, 2008
hey wats up,mercy tatari should get useful,no short letters,are you a scammer?
Re: Romance Scammers Abusing Nairaland by Scopium: 6:19pm On Sep 05, 2008
[size=13pt]I got that sh1t too but I can't fall for such. I've gotten it before when I wasn't even a nairaland member[/size]
Re: Romance Scammers Abusing Nairaland by chessguru(m): 12:12pm On Sep 06, 2008
Beware!they are still on the prowl!! looking for who to devour
Re: Romance Scammers Abusing Nairaland by Bobbyb(m): 6:02am On Sep 07, 2008
scammers una never tire?pls get a life
Re: Romance Scammers Abusing Nairaland by Jodesky(m): 1:04pm On Sep 08, 2008
I got the same mail from mercytatari. I knew instantly it was a scammer. The key to detecting such scams are:- one, if it sounds so patronising, and usually they have an address outside Naija usually Senegal/Ivory Coast/Liberia.
The simple test is to ask for her phone number. You will never get a number rather they will ask you to call a Bank Manager who is in custody of the late father's funds running into millions of dollars. Where did the father get such funds in the first place.
Greed is the tool for scams. Why should a mercy tatari pick me (a complete stranger) from far away Nigeria to receive money for her? We all know how they frisk most Nigerians at the entry ports of so many countries, so why me? why a Nigerian?
With these caution notes, its difficult for any scammer to slam me. Same for the lottery scams. Me wey no play lottery, how I go come win lottery of Euros 5.0 million? Its simply out of tune with logic, so my fellow Landers, be guided.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Luv My Sisters, No Bi Small O! / My Wife Not Being Able To Conceive After All Test Been Done. / The Many Lies Of Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.