Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,368 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate (10830 Views)

The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin / Sarah Palin Is A Mistake / Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by Kobojunkie: 10:01pm On Aug 29, 2008
What in the world has Hillary to do with this? Is Hillary Clinton suddenly Obama’s mama? Jeez… the woman is out, LET HER BE!! If Obama can not hold his own, then he does not deserve the nomination, let alone the presidency, period!
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by AKO1(m): 10:16pm On Aug 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

What in the world has Hillary to do with this? Is Hillary Clinton suddenly Obama’s mama? Jeez… the woman is out, LET HER BE!! If Obama can not hold his own, then he does not deserve the nomination, let alone the presidency, period!

Hillary actually has a lot to do with this. Palin even proved it from her own mouth!

tpia:

The lady is rather unknown.

There's probably an oil connection somewhere.

LMAO na naija? grin
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On Aug 29, 2008
A_K_O:

Hillary actually has a lot to do with this. Palin even proved it from her own mouth!

By acknowledging Hillary’s run means Hillary has a lot to do with this? Are we being serious here? Since when did running for office turn to this? Hillary is not the nominee. She has played her part and now it is time for the nominees to prove their worth. Why call Hillary in to continue as babysitter?
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by Lady2(f): 10:38pm On Aug 29, 2008
By acknowledging Hillary’s run means Hillary has a lot to do with this? Are we being serious here? Since when did running for office turn to this? Hillary is not the nominee. She has played her part and now it is time for the nominees to prove their worth. Why call Hillary in to continue as babysitter?

No however we do know that the only reason he even considered her is because Obama did not pick Hilary and all he did was give a big slap to women. The nerve he has, he just pissed me off and a lot of women are responding and are hella pissed off at the nerve he has.

All the buzz was Romney, he didn't pick his VP until after Obama picked his for a reason, he knows very well that he wanted to pick romney, even his campaign were shocked at his pick. He did it because he thinks if women see a woman on the ballot then we'll vote for him. well whatever chance he had of getting my vote and a lot of women vote just went down the drain.

nonsense.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by Kobojunkie: 10:44pm On Aug 29, 2008
~Lady~:

No however we do know that the only reason he even considered her is because Obama did not pick Hilary and all he did was give a big slap to women. The nerve he has, he just pissed me off and a lot of women are responding and are hella pissed off at the nerve he has.

How do we know this? So he would never had picked a woman even though the pick had been on the list even before Hillary lost to Obama? I also remember Condi Rice’s name was being thrown around back then as well but she confirmed she going back to Stanford.

~Lady~:

All the buzz was Romney, he didn't pick his VP until after Obama picked his for a reason, he knows very well that he wanted to pick romney, even his campaign were shocked at his pick. He did it because he thinks if women see a woman on the ballot then we'll vote for him. well whatever chance he had of getting my vote and a lot of women vote just went down the drain.

nonsense.

All the buzz was Romney? Are you 100%? Romney was mainly being thrown around by the media and not the McCain camp, if you have actually been following. Romney has not been in the picture for a very long time.

Anywho, there is no rule against picking a female VP, by the way, so I still do not see why Hillary is needed to come bail out a potential president in this case. We might as well let the Babysitter come do the job if the nominee is not able to handle his own problems on his own.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by KarmaMod(f): 10:49pm On Aug 29, 2008
I thought he was going to choose a BLACK MAN as his running mate.I think that would have given him an edge.

This would ave been hilarious.

Americans have been daft for 8 years now, I hope the sickness doesnt continue now that Cain has brought in this PREDICTABLE strategy

I take it that the RNC will be filled with pics of her mentally retarded kid. Anything for a sympathetic vote.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by RichyBlacK(m): 11:04pm On Aug 29, 2008
McCain has lost the election. No hope!
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by princeonx: 11:10pm On Aug 29, 2008
period!
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by DeepZone: 11:22pm On Aug 29, 2008
A black president and a female vice president, that would have been every liberal's wet dream.
What was Obama thinking? Going head to head against McCain by choosing an old man as VP?

What if he wanted Hilary on his ticket but she refused banking on his failure so she can rise again in 2012?
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by princeonx: 11:33pm On Aug 29, 2008
You guys are very funny and to be honest with you, I don't think some of you know what politic is all about!

First of all! OBAMA is good! very good and has a lot to offer. His smartest move was/is not choosing Hilary as vice! Did you guys follow the primaries? no one in their right mind will put this two abi na three including Bill together! doing that simply tell them that you want to win and don't really and truelly care about them, their problem, and what you promised!
Like someone rightly said, American are no fools and can't just jump on a bus like that! this is their future, hope, and with the way the economy is now, they don't have time to gamble! so they can't just vote someone because she's a woman or has a woman vice! if that's the case, then Obama's colour would've prevented him from being where he is today cux truth be told, American's are not really ready for a black president but after looking at their options, they went for OBAMA.
McCain can chose his mum if he like but it won't get him no where! I'm surprised he didn't chose a black person to divide Obama's vote.
What Americans need to ask themselves is who is this woman? what can this lady offer us in/from the white house with less than two years experience if McCain die today due to his poor health? is this woman a plot to pull us to McCain? is this going to be another vice like Chaney? etc
The truth about the whole thing is that McCain is a dirty old politician. He's adverts and all that says it all but trust ne it won't get him to the whitehouse! its clear and obvious to Americans that he chose a lady vice to get Hilary's voters but trust me they too know it and can't just jump for that kind of ride! and did I hear you say Republican? not again!
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by CodeRED(f): 11:37pm On Aug 29, 2008
And the saga continues in the wonderful world of "politricks". Mc cain has done exactly what I expected, use a female as his scapegoat to get into the White House. I pray everyone is taking note. This man has no good intention. He should be making plans to retire in some upscale Nursing home, instead he is causing wahala.

All the same, he wont succeed. Obama is a man of Principles, and it has now been established, thanks to that desperate move, that Mc Cain has none.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by davidif: 11:38pm On Aug 29, 2008
she is cute.

By the way, why didn't Obama pick Hillary?
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by princeonx: 11:54pm On Aug 29, 2008
and who said he must?
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by Pataki: 12:03am On Aug 30, 2008
McBush oops sorry Mccain is so pathetic. Some days ago he was busy criticizing Obama for choosing a VP to augment his lack of experience. One would have thought McBush oops sorry Mccain would have gone for someone with more experience to prove a point to Obama. Alas, he has opted for a lady with minimal experience. sad

At 72 years of age, he should go and sit down somewhere.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by 9ja4eva: 12:20am On Aug 30, 2008
Interesting posts on here.

Well i have been following the progress of the two candidates and i know for sure no one will buy the antics of McCain picking the lady as his Vice President.McCain is so pathetic as to exposing his game plan to the public.McCain is known for his negative ads all over the place and he did be so daft to think that will win him votes.Most Republicans are sick and tired of the same ol same ol John McCain and the Obamasuper acceptance speech yesterday killed hopes of McCain becoming president.Obama showed the black side of him by going all out for McCain in his wonderful speech.Oh la , the speech was all he needed to win and he didnt disappoint.

Obama no doubt will win this election as it stands.It was reported on CNN that the Republicans are rallying people to come for their convention but even at that the Republicans cant pull the crowd we saw at Inversco center yesterday.That alone goes to show the support Obama has and him challenging McCain first hand yesterday was the best thing he did @ the DNC.Obama aint daft and he proved that by telling McCain to drop baby politics and talk POLITICS.I long resigned from being a Republican cos i see nothing but the PDP spirit in that party.If Americans really need change then i know and believe they will vote for Obama.Rumors of some top Republicans deciding to go with Obama is all over and in no time Romney himself will become an Obama fan.I dont see McCain's VP a threat to the already established campaign of Barack Obama.I dont see the woman winning Clintons female supporters.Is the woman not being charged for something in the state of Alaska?

That man is d messiah they need now and young supporters and independents know that.I dont see race being a problem too.The world is tired of Republicans.I await the acceptance speech of the lost McCain come next week.I know his speech will be pathetic.

For those who believed picking Clinton would have been the best option for Obama ,i strongly disagree with that.Not after the horrible things Clinton said about him when the campaign was on.

For those who didnt watch the convention please find below the link to Obamas speech :

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/28/obama.transcript/index.html

History has been made and will be celebrated when Obama is sworn in as president.Hope they dont kill him.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by KarmaMod(f): 1:25am On Aug 30, 2008
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by Queenisha: 1:38am On Aug 30, 2008
you no well karma.

If there was any shred of evidence that McCain had a chance, it's just flown out the window.
How could he pick a woman who is only one year in office as Governor of the 47th most populous state (not even in Mainland USA) whose experience besides this is mayor of Juno Alaska? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

CNN says Mccain only met this woman once in his entire life prior to this day and that meeting was last week for the purposes of this VP ticket.
Let him open his mouth and talk of experience again.
I wish him good health but do they realise that if McCain pegs, this unknown woman will be our president  cry cry cry
Former beauty queen shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

we have to stop her
Wait till we find her nudie pictures from back in da day lipsrsealed
there's already a scandal brewing about her witchhunting a former brother in law
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by toshmann(m): 4:27am On Aug 30, 2008
mccain no go peg soon. grin forget his age, no one knows tomorow. recently teddy kennedy was diagnosed with brain tumor. do you know how many people that have died since that diagnosis was made? yet the dude was able to go to denver. still kicking. leave matter. no be congresswoman from ohio, diehard clinton supporter wey just kpeme so? just like that. arkansas democratic party chair kpeme too. this life na wa o, all the accidents wey my papa been get as i de grow up for owerri, fatal fatal accidents wey the dude de survive, if person tell me say na my mama go first kpeme for the family i for no believe am. so if it comes to death, leave matter wink
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by nj11(f): 4:41am On Aug 30, 2008
McCain has lost the election by picking palin for his VP.
Can you imagine Palin being the president of united states
if something should happen to McCain.

Can she face all those middle eastern problems going on
with the experience she has.Comeon now Americans are
not stupid.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by NegroNtns(m): 5:04am On Aug 30, 2008
All Hillary Clinton needs to do now is to come out and make this statement:

The republican party is now turning this presidential election into a game, a mind game; but Americans are too smart not to see the bigger picture.

My fellow Americans, do not fall for this cheap game; Palin is a wonderful wife, and a great mother. I've known her for almost 15 years as a friend and she is also an incredible friend, but what is on the ground today is much bigger than any one of us.
Our children are crying out for help while the parents continue to struggle day after day to make ends meet. 55M children in America today do not have Health care. Our bright future is absolutely at risk

We must come together as one, as democrates and elevate this country back to where it used to be. The stakes are too high to take a chance.

Do not fall for the tricks!

May God bless America and may the almighty be with our troops.

BigB,  I am surprised in that response. It makes no sense. Read what KoboJunkie has to say above.

HRC has released her delegates to him, she stopped the roll cal and intiated a move for candidate acclamation on the floor, she openly declared her support for him and called on her supporters and the sisterhood movement to line behind him.  Now you are asking for her to defend him against McCain.  Whattt  Before you call on Hillary, what has Obama done to defend himself against McCain since the Palin announcement?  

Look, I used to love DNC when Clinton was President.  DNC today is a mockery.  I am shocked by two recent foolish acts:

1. they allowed Obama to skip Hillary for VP.  Obama is a rookie, Howard Dean should have put his foot down and make a deal that put Obama and Hillary on the team ticket.  All that crap about they dont get along, screw that!, Do they think Bush and Cheney get along?  No, but they tolerate each other.  Do you think if this was RNC facing those options they would allow Obama to make any other choice beside Hillary?  Hell no!  Did you see what they did to McCain on the VP issue?  They dared the gizzard to choose a VP that is pro- choice and pro-same sex marriage.  He was told in unequivocable terms to choose any VP but, a liberal supporting abortion rights and same sex marriage.  RNC has some balls, DNC is poussy and come November they are gonna get fukked!

2. DNC reinstated Michigan and FL to full status for the convention rollcall.  OMG, I cant believe it!  Dean is smoking some hot substance and I hope he is never nominated as a spokeperson for Anti-Drug policies.  He denied them full status during primaries thereby shunting Hillary's count of delegates but then would release them for full status on the conventional rollcall.  What a dumb strategy undecided   He just handed Hillary a weapon.  Either way it goes, whether he wins or not in 08, Dean just eliminated Obama from the 2012 nomination.  Once you set the goalposts you dont move the gaddem thing.

Look, I quit!
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:37am On Aug 30, 2008
nj11:

Comeon now Americans are
not stupid.
Any country that can re-elect a leader like George Bush is not smart at all. Nothing beats the imagination.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by Riskie(f): 5:42am On Aug 30, 2008
Everybody knows they didn't vote that nutcase in for a second term, it was rigged!
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by nguage(m): 5:52am On Aug 30, 2008
Seun:

A black president and a female vice president, that would have been every liberal's wet dream.  
What was Obama thinking? Going head to head against McCain by choosing an old man as VP?
You know a lot about wet dreams, don't you?

Back to the topic at hand. I think the republicans made a good decision in picking this bespectacled beauty as John McCain's running mate. They figured  since Obama is a goodlooking, young, and inexperienced  man, the best way to tackle him is to pick a young, goodlooking, and inexperienced WOMAN. Genius!!!

Seriously conservatives, is this the best you can come up with? Something is telling me Bill O'reilly came up with this brillant (ha!) idea right after having falafel fantasies  and playing with vibrators while he was having phone intimacy with Palina.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by Kobojunkie: 5:55am On Aug 30, 2008
Riskie:

Everybody knows they didn't vote that nutcase in for a second term, it was rigged!

Then you do not know jack about America.  Forget what you see on the TV and Hollywood. Walk down the streets of small town america. Many of those people you see and meet there are the real americans and they decide what happens at the end of the day. Bush was elected fair and square the second time around. I know the media made it seem as if it would never happen, but we all know that there was no foul play. I can tell you from my time in a lot of cities, over the past so many years, that small town americans are mostly complete opposites of what you hear of americans on the news or on the TV. Americans are mostly conservative people and they are not going to leave their norm just cause.

I am not saying that McCain will win but let us be frank with ourselves here. Americans have never really been a predictable bunch when it comes to selecting a leader, and to assume that because you picked wrong means the vote was rigged, is ridiculous. You can apply that logic to Nigeria, which I am not sure applies 100% of the time but not to america.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20222685,00.html

Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by blackspade(m): 6:14am On Aug 30, 2008
^^ You don't know jack about the 2000 elections when thousands of ballots just "disappeared" and the heavily Republican supreme court suspended recounting of the elections.

And in 2004, the State of Ohio had many people who's ballots also disappeared, and many Computer voting machines had "malfunctions" in democratic party areas.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by Riskie(f): 6:21am On Aug 30, 2008
Well pardon me. I'm not going by what I heard on TV or what I saw in Hollywood I'm going by what the people around me, the "average " Americans, were saying . I do not need you to tell me what the so called average American is like. I was still a teen when Bush was elected the second time so from what I can recall a lot of people were saying it was rigged and that is my point of reference. I recall missing ballots as well. Does that sound fair and square to you?
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by penwizard(m): 6:52am On Aug 30, 2008
I expected Obama to pick Hillary as his running mate. He would have had a landslide victory. But now that mccain has picked a woman, the race is just beginning afresh. Because everybody would have a rethink; women (republicans or democrats will rethink: "It will be nice to see a woman VP"wink. The race has just taken on an emotional angle; and women will flow with it.
I don't care what Obama thinks, Mccain has just hit him below the belt!
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by NINETOFIVE(m): 8:11am On Aug 30, 2008
For the first time, I think is going to be an up hill task for Obama to win, or rather on a second thought, when the running mate thing dies down, things would probably normalize. There is no logical sense in Obama not picking Hillary.

If you destroy the US economy, You DESTROY THE WORLDS ECONOMY!!!

In this sense China and Russia are actually not part of the world, this sentiment don't actually make sense lately.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by Kilkenny: 9:33am On Aug 30, 2008
These crafty Republicans!

Its so obvious what they are up to, what this tells me (& surely this must be apparent to all!) is that Mccain or McCrook shall i say,is just interested in getting to that White House by hook or by crook!

Its glaringly apparent that Sarah Palin is bringing absolutely NOTHING to the table,in terms of her being the Vice-presidential pick;what they've done is gone for the "sentimental" vote, you know,white,woman,working mom,mother of five,one of which is disabled with Down's syndrome,so she's got a "story" that can sell to the media.

Now with that "story",they know that the Dems would be wary of "attacking" her because if they try to,those die-hard Hilary fans & feminists in America would say " they're attacking her because she's a woman,thats what they did to Hilary,she was disrespected in the campaign blah blah blah, " and naturally come to her defence & threaten to vote Republican!

Their strategy is to rub this (her pick that is), in the noses of the Dems & try to swing disaffected Hilary Clinton supporters to vote McCrook come November 4th.

The danger for them though is when it comes to the vice-presedential debates,the thoroughly experienced,seasoned,fearless Joe Biden is just going to literally rip her apart & glaringly expose her inadequacies,inexperience & poor grasp of international & foreign policy issues

But still crafty,very crafty on their part i must say!

What i think the Dems must do now is call in a favour-the Clintons, & particularly Hilary Rodham Clinton to live up to her words & promises stand shoulder to shoulder,vigorously & prominently campaign with and for Barack,particularly in the battleground states, that should blunt the Republican's weapon!
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 30, 2008
@ Nigeria1, how much will sick Umaru give you from the supposed wind fall if American economy collapses? Your Nigerian Presido is sick but a criminal. No developments from the huge oil money oh! Only more trips abroad and Mecca and some big rich fools from North emerging and few Southerners licking boots.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 30, 2008
The Trick-daddy McCain, he sure knows he'll attract some of Hilary's girls, so he decided to pull dat stunt, well Obama is gonna do sumthin' about this, right??
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by MrCrackles(m): 10:41am On Aug 30, 2008
The republicans can pick George Bush Or Hilary Clinton, but it aint stopping OBAMA/BIDEN!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Africa Without Slavery And Colonization / Respect Our Laws Or Be Dealt With – Ghanaian Police To Foreigners / NAK3D! Female Kenyan Presidential Candidate Poses Unclad To Get More Support.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.