Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate (10831 Views)

The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin / Sarah Palin Is A Mistake / Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by 4Play(m): 11:38am On Aug 30, 2008
If there was any shred of evidence that McCain had a chance, it's just flown out the window.
How could he pick a woman who is only one year in office as Governor of the 47th most populous state (not even in Mainland USA) whose experience besides this is mayor of Juno Alaska?     

What is Obama's experience? Is it being a "community organiser"? The best Obama can claim is that his running mate has more experience than McCain's running mate. Biden has never held a proper job for long in the real world,outside of politics. He has no executive experience whatsoever,nor does Obama.

The last people who should bring up the experience issue is the Obama campaign. Obama said that his lack of experience is made up for by his good judgement,exemplified by his position on Iraq,he then went on to pick Biden. Are we to deduce that Biden,given his votes against Gulf War 1 and for Gulf War 2,also lacks judgement?
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by Ibime(m): 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2008
Men, 4Play stop hating on Obama. Go and play with Kobojunkie or something.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by KarmaMod(f): 1:22pm On Aug 30, 2008
Many Americans believe the 2000 election was rigged so spare us the rants, junkie.

Anyway, Maybe if she was pro-choice, she wouldnt be saddled with a Downs baby. baby at 45 at that matter. after 4 kids. Only women that will take that woman seriously is Catholic supporters. I don't think Hiliary fans will take er seriously ESPECIALLY since she's a former beauty queen.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by 4Play(m): 1:24pm On Aug 30, 2008
@Ibime

I don't know whether Obama fellates you or something. Does he even know you exist or ever mention Nigeria?
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by 4Play(m): 1:35pm On Aug 30, 2008
KarmaMod:

Anyway, Maybe if she was pro-choice, she wouldnt be saddled with a Downs baby. baby at 45 at that matter. after 4 kids.

If in principle we shouldn't be "saddled" with the mentally impaired,shouldn't we extend it to all? If for instance you were to have hemiplegia tomorrow,instead of "saddling" your relatives with your problem,you should be euthanized.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by Ibime(m): 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2008
4 Play:

@Ibime

I don't know whether fellates you or something. Does he even know you exist or ever mention Nigeria?

Self hate is a form of self expression - who am I to deny you?
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by SeanT21(f): 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2008
4 Play:

What is Obama's experience? Is it being a "community organiser"? The best Obama can claim is that his running mate has more experience than McCain's running mate. Biden has never held a proper job for long in the real world,outside of politics. He has no executive experience whatsoever,nor does Obama.

The last people who should bring up the experience issue is the Obama campaign. Obama said that his lack of experience is made up for by his good judgement,exemplified by his position on Iraq,he then went on to pick Biden. Are we to deduce that Biden,given his votes against Gulf War 1 and for Gulf War 2,also lacks judgement?  

A LITTLE CUT AND PASTE FROM BARACK WEBSITE!!!

"The College Years
Remembering the values of empathy and service that his mother taught him, Barack put law school and corporate life on hold after college and moved to Chicago in 1985, where he became a community organizer with a church-based group seeking to improve living conditions in poor neighborhoods plagued with crime and high unemployment.

The group had some success, but Barack had come to realize that in order to truly improve the lives of people in that community and other communities, it would take not just a change at the local level, but a change in our laws and in our politics.

He went on to earn his law degree from Harvard in 1991, where he became the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review. Soon after, he returned to Chicago to practice as a civil rights lawyer and teach constitutional law. Finally, his advocacy work led him to run for the Illinois State Senate, where he served for eight years. In 2004, he became the third African American since Reconstruction to be elected to the U.S. Senate.

Political Career
It has been the rich and varied experiences of Barack Obama's life - growing up in different places with people who had differing ideas - that have animated his political journey. Amid the partisanship and bickering of today's public debate, he still believes in the ability to unite people around a politics of purpose - a politics that puts solving the challenges of everyday Americans ahead of partisan calculation and political gain.

In the Illinois State Senate, this meant working with both Democrats and Republicans to help working families get ahead by creating programs like the state Earned Income Tax Credit, which in three years provided over $100 million in tax cuts to families across the state. He also pushed through an expansion of early childhood education, and after a number of inmates on death row were found innocent, Senator Obama worked with law enforcement officials to require the videotaping of interrogations and confessions in all capital cases.

In the U.S. Senate, he has focused on tackling the challenges of a globalized, 21st century world with fresh thinking and a politics that no longer settles for the lowest common denominator. His first law was passed with Republican Tom Coburn, a measure to rebuild trust in government by allowing every American to go online and see how and where every dime of their tax dollars is spent. He has also been the lead voice in championing ethics reform that would root out Jack Abramoff-style corruption in Congress.

As a member of the Veterans' Affairs Committee, Senator Obama has fought to help Illinois veterans get the disability pay they were promised, while working to prepare the VA for the return of the thousands of veterans who will need care after Iraq and Afghanistan. Recognizing the terrorist threat posed by weapons of mass destruction, he traveled to Russia with Republican Dick Lugar to begin a new generation of non-proliferation efforts designed to find and secure deadly weapons around the world. And knowing the threat we face to our economy and our security from America's addiction to oil, he's working to bring auto companies, unions, farmers, businesses and politicians of both parties together to promote the greater use of alternative fuels and higher fuel standards in our cars"

and talking about experience, Bush and Bill Clinton who had the best experience? Who was the worst president?

Experience does not mean anything becasue BUSH had the most experience and Will go down as the worst president in the history of USA!!!
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by 4Play(m): 1:41pm On Aug 30, 2008
Ibime:

Self hate is a form of self expression - who am I to deny you?

Not sharing your homo-erotic passion for Obama is self-hate,the logic of the narrow minded. It is this same logic,which we practice here in the form of tribalism, that stunts our political development.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by KarmaMod(f): 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2008
4 Play:

If in principle we shouldn't be "saddled" with the mentally impaired,shouldn't we extend it to all? If for instance you were to have hemiplegia tomorrow,instead of "saddling" your relatives with your problem,you should be euthanized.

Think I have a problem with that?

and lol did I hit a nerve on your beauty queen, 4Play? If anything I was making a crude joke on her pro-life/pro-choice stance. What happened to your sense of humor? Who knew you now have a mcCain stick firmly lodged up your ass

Depressing  embarassed
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by 4Play(m): 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2008
KarmaMod:

Think I have a problem with that?

and lol did I hit a nerve on your beauty queen, 4Play? If anything I was making a crude joke on her pro-life/pro-choice stance. What happened to your sense of humor? Who knew you now have a mcCain stick firmly lodged up your ass

Depressing  embarassed

In order to have a politician's stick up your ass, as you do,you have to have a clear support for him. As for disposing of "liabilities",why not extend your sympathy to all those Nigerian men who dispose of their wives who they deem as such?

How would any sane human being suggest a baby should have been aborted merely because of Downs syndrome? Did she steal your prospective husband?  grin
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by KarmaMod(f): 1:54pm On Aug 30, 2008
First off your statement aboyt Naija men doesnt make sense because this woman had 4 kids alreayd before she decided to have a 5th one at 45.

and nah I don't have any stick as i said Barack flip flops and the speech was great and all but it would be nice to hear how he intend to ACHIEVE these things. The plans, yada yada

as for "merely Downs", lol if you only you knew. Abeg, I expected the whole "omg I can't believe such a mean crack was made" from the hens on the board, not you.

abeg, get back to me when you stop being so sensitive. Maybe Jan 2009 during inauguration of whomever.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by 4Play(m): 2:00pm On Aug 30, 2008
KarmaMod:

First off your statement aboyt Naija men doesnt make sense because this woman had 4 kids alreayd before she decided to have a 5th one at 45.

If a Nigerian man with 5 wives felt the 5th wife was a burden,should he look for ways to "eliminate" her? You think all those murderers didn't have women on the side?
and nah I don't have any stick as i said Barack flip flops and the speech was great and all but it would be nice to hear how he intend to ACHIEVE these things. The plans, yada yada

Ok,I should leave that for the likes of Osisi and Ibime who seem to have Obama's cock firmly lodged in their throats. grin How any lucid person will have any sort of affection for a politician beats my imagination. undecided

as for "merely Downs", lol if you only you knew. Abeg, I expected the whole "omg I can't believe such a crack was made" from the hens on the board, not you.
abeg, get back to me when you stop being so sensitive. Maybe Jan 2009.

The way you were passionately attacking,questioning a child's worth as a human being, just threw me off guard. I think you should be sectioned. grin
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by cola: 2:05pm On Aug 30, 2008
I have been shocked with the naivety of many individuals here, just like many Americans are still shell-shocked!

Obama should have picked Hillary: obvious, cheap, simplistic, maybe even risky, but definitely road-side beer palour analysis.

McCain selects Palin: Even republicans are shocked (but they call it pleasantly surprised).

McCain has been shouting from the rooftops that Obama isn't ready to be C-in-C and inexperienced.

Lets suppose that's true.

Now how does your choice of person you're trusting, putting one heartbeat away from being C-in-C tally with your age-old rooftop cries? McCain might have shot himself in the foot in this regard! At best this is hypocritical!

Is this Palin's selection in anyway in the interest of the country or solely in the interest of John McCain?

Is Obama's selection of Biden in the interest of both country and self or solely in the interest of Obama?

McCain and his advisers passed over Tom Ridge, Mitt Romney, even Joe Liebermann with all their credentials and settle for an individual with no credential beside being 2-year governor of a state with fewer than 700,000 inhabitants!

I heard a republican argued that Palin has foreign relations experience because her state is closest to Russia!

It could be argued that Joey plugs Obama's loophole and, most importantly, Joey is qualified to be President.

Pray tell! What does Sarah add to the ticket? And more importantly, is Sarah ready to be president. McCain obviously thinks she is.

It would be difficult for McCain and his supporters to argue that this woman's only qualification isn't the fact that she's a woman. To win some ofHillary's die-hards over, any woman will do! - Pandering! Also an insult!

This says a lot about McCain's judgement. His first presidential judgement, maybe.

If America is what many people believe it is, McCain lost the election yesterday.

But alas! America isn't what many people think it is!
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by KarmaMod(f): 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2008
4 Play:

The way you were passionately attacking,questioning a child's worth as a human being, just threw me off guard. I think you should be sectioned.  grin

Sharrap jare  tongue The hell does wives have to do with children? Stop changing topic!  angry

First I can be just as crass as any man if Im in that mood  tongue Not questioning the kid's worth, just her judgment and her anti-choice stance. Not every woman can bear to go thru what she is and should be given the right to choose whether or not they want to.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by 4Play(m): 2:16pm On Aug 30, 2008

McCain has been shouting from the rooftops that Obama isn't ready to be C-in-C and inexperienced.

Lets suppose that's true. Now how does your choice of person you're trusting, putting one heartbeat away from being C-in-C tally with your age-old rooftop cries? McCain might have shot himself in the foot in this regard! At best this is hypocritical!

There is no ounce of logic in justifying the relative inexperience of a Presidential candidate by invoking the relative inexperience of a vice-presidential candidate. We remember the Clinton years,Reagan years,Bush years,Carter years,e.t.c not because of their vice-presidents,who most of us won't remember without resorting to Google.

All Obama,Biden and McCain possess is legislative experience. Palin brings to the fore experience within the executive arm of Govt. It is an entirely different kettle of fish from being one of 435 fellow legislators.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by 4Play(m): 2:20pm On Aug 30, 2008
KarmaMod:

Sharrap jare  tongue The hell does wives have to do with children? Stop changing topic!  angry

First I can be just as crass as any man if I'm in that mood  tongue Not questioning the kid's worth, just her judgment and her anti-choice stance. Not every woman can bear to go through what she is and should be given the right to choose whether or not they want to.

That she chose to go through with it speaks volumes of her and shouldn't invoke condemnation. All you gullible people who keep whining about pro-choice/pro-life,how much power does a President have to change Roe v Wade?

Bush is pro-life,has that stopped abortions?
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by rasputinn(m): 2:24pm On Aug 30, 2008
I guess he thought Barack would pick Hilary as his running mate so he planned to counter that move.Now we know you were wrong Senator Mccain

PS

By and large I really like the Mccain guy though,I even prefer him to Barack on some issues like gay unions/marriages
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by 4Play(m): 2:33pm On Aug 30, 2008
rasputinn:

By and large I really like the Mccain guy though,I even prefer him to Barack on some issues like gay unions/marriages

Issues that are quite frankly irrelevant as far as Presidents are concerned. They can't change much.

I saw Obama promising to end America's dependence on foreign oil within the next 10 years[impossible],end the war in Afghanistan and Iraq[he can only end America's involvement],e.t.c I was thinking,don't educated people feel offended when politicans shamelessly and repeatedly insult their intelligence by promising things they can't do in return for votes?

In everyday life,if someone were to promise you the impossible in return for your help,don't you get irritated ?
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by Geniall: 3:05pm On Aug 30, 2008
4 Play:

Issues that are quite frankly irrelevant as far as Presidents are concerned. They can't change much.

I saw Obama promising to end America's dependence on foreign oil within the next 10 years[impossible],end the war in Afghanistan and Iraq[he can only end America's involvement],e.t.c I was thinking,don't educated people feel offended when politicans shamelessly and repeatedly insult their intelligence by promising things they can't do in return for votes?

In everyday life,if someone were to promise you the impossible in return for your help,don't you get irritated ?

What exactly is impossible about his promises? What's impossible about ending dependence on foreign oil in 10 years? I would be a lot more cautious about using the word "impossible", because improvements in our knowledge and scientific breakthroughs are quickly changing our definition of what's possible and what's not.

You could say it's highly unlikely, given historical precedents, and you would be absolutely right. But tell that to John Kennedy, who promised to put a man on the moon within 10 years. Foolish, impractical and a promise only a brash, inveterate romantic could make but, guess what? It happened.

You maybe don't realise how quickly scientific breakthroughs can turn technology around. But "impossible" is not a word to bandy around carelessly.

And, no, some educated people don't get offended when people make impossible promises, maybe because they know that what may be impossible today may yet become possible tomorrow.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by Kobojunkie: 3:18pm On Aug 30, 2008

Riskie (f)
Maryland & DXB

Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate
« #89 on: Today at 06:21:37 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well pardon me. I'm not going by what I heard on TV or what I saw in Hollywood I'm going by what the people around me, the "average " Americans, were saying . I do not need you to tell me what the so called average American is like. I was still a teen when Bush was elected the second time so from what I can recall a lot of people were saying it was rigged and that is my point of reference. I recall missing ballots as well. Does that sound fair and square to you?

Please, stay away from rumours. I am not sure the kind of people you hang around but try to hang around those who follow facts and do not manufacture facts to sooth their inability to accept what is. No one in America, that is known contested the fact that Bush won that election. The first election was the only MAYBE, but the second was not. If you really believe it was not, may I suggest you do more research instead of trying to spread untruths in forums for brownie cookie points. I followed that election and even all the networks counted votes live till the last decision was made. The votes were tabulated live on so many sites as well.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by 4Play(m): 3:20pm On Aug 30, 2008
Geniall:

What exactly is impossible about his promises? What's impossible about ending dependence on foreign oil in 10 years? I would be a lot more cautious about using the word "impossible", because improvements in our knowledge and scientific breakthroughs are quickly changing our definition of what's possible and what's not.

You could say it's highly unlikely, given historical precedents, and you would be absolutely right. But tell that to John Kennedy, who promised to put a man on the moon within 10 years. Foolish, impractical and a promise only a brash, inveterate romantic could make but, guess what? It happened.

You maybe don't realise how quickly scientific breakthroughs can turn technology around. But "impossible" is not a word to bandy around carelessly.

And, no, some educated people don't get offended when people make impossible promises, maybe because they know that what may be impossible today may yet become possible tomorrow.

If you believe the US can replace close to 13m barrels p/d of oil within 10 years,kudos to you. If you also believe there is some technology in the pipeline which will make this possible within that time frame,I bow and tremble at your ''wisdom''.

Invoking JFK is risible because the economic and technological challenges towards meeting the 2 goals were vastly different. JFK's promise was prompted by the scientific community's perception of what is technically feasible,there had been an unmanned landing by the less advanced Soviets as far back as 1959.

Unless Obama's expertise has suddenly included the energy sector,I will like to see him cite experts in the field who think his promise is possible within that time frame.

Nor is that claim,ending energy dependence in 10 years,the sole such ludicrous claim he has made.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by Ibime(m): 3:32pm On Aug 30, 2008
4 Play:

Not sharing your homo-erotic passion for Obama is self-hate,the logic of the narrow minded. It is this same logic,which we practice here in the form of tribalism, that stunts our political development.  

Nigga, the historical significance of an Obama presidency goes way beyond your petty partizan politics so save all your trivial debate for Kobojunkie or Tayo-D.

I don't know why stupid Nigerians pin their masts to any political party anyway. Only an idiot is restricted or pidgeon-holed in his thinking by whichever party he supports.

I am neither Democrat nor Republican and yes, I support Barrack cos he's black. Shoot me!

If I knew that blacks have equal opportunity of being voted in as President, I may not vote for Barrack cos I don't agree with some of his policies - but the historical significance of this moment is way past whatever the phock argument you have to spew, so save it for the shortsighted.

Get back to me when your beloved Republican party nominates your kind (negro) for Presidential ticket since you love them so much. They don't even want you there. Why do some people beg to join where they are not wanted?

As the Times stated of the Republican Convention:

"There will be no shortage of country and western music - indeed, there will be little other music on offer"

Get in where you fit in. I hope you enjoy it! Ewu!
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by Kobojunkie: 3:37pm On Aug 30, 2008
But I am not republican so how can I be pidgeon-holed and unable to think beyond partizan politics? Can't a person have an opinion or two without being labelled a republican or a democrat? By the way, what is wrong with having to deal with people who do not share your side of a debate without rushing to point that out ever so often? ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by Geniall: 3:42pm On Aug 30, 2008
4 Play:

If you believe the US can replace close to 13m barrels p/d of oil within 10 years,kudos to you. If you also believe there is some technology in the pipeline which will make this possible within that time frame,I bow and tremble at your ''wisdom''.

You'd better bow and tremble. If there was one, would you know it? Your attempt at sarcasm is funny.

Invoking JFK is risible because the economic and technological challenges towards meeting the 2 goals were vastly different. JFK's promise was prompted by the scientific community's perception of what is technically feasible,there had been an unmanned landing by the less advanced Soviets as far back as 1959.

"Vastly" different economic and technological challenges? You can't refrain from using melodramatic adjectives that make nonsense of your argument, can you? In what sense are the economic and technological challenges "vastly" different? If anything, such a promise would make more sense now than it would have then. Maybe you don't think the experiments by major car manufacturers such as Cadillac, Chevrolet and Toyota with hybrid vehicles, biomass CHP combustion engines, electric engines and nuclear energy are similar to landing an unmanned flight on the moon. Not surprising.

Unless Obama's expertise has suddenly included the energy sector,I will like to see him cite experts in the field who think his promise is possible within that time frame.

So if he cites them, then the "impossible" promise suddenly becomes possible? Tut-tut. Told ya. You shouldn't have used that word "impossible" unless you knew what you were talking about.

Nor is that claim,ending energy dependence in 10 years,the sole such ludicrous claim he has made.

I really couldn't care less about his other claims. Energy dependence is what we're talking about.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by Ibime(m): 3:44pm On Aug 30, 2008
Kobojunkie:

But I am not republican so how can I be pidgeon-holed and unable to think beyond partizan politics? Can't a person have an opinion or two without being labelled a republican or a democrat? By the way, what is wrong with having to deal with people who do not share your side of a debate without rushing to point that out ever so often? ROFLMAO!!!

Stop lying!. . . .a whole Mrs Fox News like yourself. . . . .soon you will be telling me that pigs can fly.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On Aug 30, 2008
Ibime:

Stop lying!. . . .a whole Mrs Fox News like yourself. . . . .soon you will be telling me that pigs can fly.

I am glad you seem to believe you know me than I do myself but I am sorry, I do not consider self a republican, but someone with really conservative views, is all. If labelling me a republican soothes your ego, then you go right ahead. I just wanted to point out that at no time have I really announced myself a republican, so all you PSYCHICS should at least accept you are not right when you conclude that is the case. When I sign up to be a republican, I will let you know though.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by na2day2(m): 3:53pm On Aug 30, 2008
fox news said she got international experience since alaska is next to russia shocked shocked shocked shocked dumb asses in fox news i tell u lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by Queenisha: 4:25pm On Aug 30, 2008
cola:

I have been shocked with the naivety of many individuals here, just like many Americans are still shell-shocked!

Obama should have picked Hillary: obvious, cheap, simplistic, maybe even risky, but definitely road-side beer palour analysis.

McCain selects Palin: Even republicans are shocked (but they call it pleasantly surprised).

Lets suppose that's true.

Now how does your choice of person you're trusting, putting one heartbeat away from being C-in-C tally with your age-old rooftop cries? McCain might have shot himself in the foot in this regard! At best this is hypocritical!

Is this Palin's selection in anyway in the interest of the country or solely in the interest of John McCain?

Is Obama's selection of Biden in the interest of both country and self or solely in the interest of Obama?

McCain and his advisers passed over Tom Ridge, Mitt Romney, even Joe Liebermann with all their credentials and settle for an individual with no credential beside being 2-year governor of a state with fewer than 700,000 inhabitants!

I heard a republican argued that Palin has foreign relations experience because her state is closest to Russia!

It could be argued that Joey plugs Obama's loophole and, most importantly, Joey is qualified to be President.

Pray tell! What does Sarah add to the ticket? And more importantly, is Sarah ready to be president. McCain obviously thinks she is.

It would be difficult for McCain and his supporters to argue that this woman's only qualification isn't the fact that she's a woman. To win some ofHillary's die-hards over, any woman will do! - Pandering! Also an insult!

This says a lot about McCain's judgement. His first presidential judgement, maybe.

If America is what many people believe it is, McCain lost the election yesterday.

But alas! America isn't what many people think it is!

Thank you!
It's obvious the 2 reasons sarah was picked

1.her gender
2.her young sassy looks

The gender issue obviously in an attempt to get women voters and some Hilary supporters and her youth to sway younger voters.male and female
Talk of playing dirty politics.
We now know the maverick is nothing but a senile,dirty old politician.
Democrats ought to register enmasse and put that senior citizen to shame.
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by AKO1(m): 4:30pm On Aug 30, 2008
SeanT21 raised a point that no one has adressed.

Bill Clinton was less experienced than Bush but performed better. Why? Is it really all about experience?
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by khufu: 4:50pm On Aug 30, 2008
A_K_O:

SeanT21 raised a point that no one has adressed.

Bill Clinton was less experienced than Bush but performed better. Why? Is it really all about experience?

Even as Attorney general for 4 years, Governor of Arkansas for more than 14 years? The guy spent all his youthful years doing real politics, even before JFK became President The above observation is both funny and stupid!
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by 4Play(m): 5:01pm On Aug 30, 2008
Geniall:

You'D better bow and tremble. If there was one, would you know it? Your attempt at sarcasm is funny.

"Vastly" different economic and technological challenges? You can't refrain from using melodramatic adjectives that make nonsense of your argument, can you? In what sense are the economic and technological challenges "vastly" different? If anything, such a promise would make more sense now than it would have then. Maybe you don't think the experiments by major car manufacturers such as Cadillac, Chevrolet and Toyota with hybrid vehicles, biomass CHP combustion engines, electric engines and nuclear energy are similar to landing an unmanned flight on the moon. Not surprising.

All I can see are wild stabs in the dark. You seem to suggest that the existence of such energy alternatives as you have listed,some of which have existed since the early 70s,could inevitably lead to energy independence within 10 years. You haven't explained why this is so other than risibly invoke JFK's memories.

The question is not what I think but what the experts think. Can you name any reputable person who thinks that the oil age can effectively be ended within the next 10 years? One single person,and don't tell me Barack Obama.

The mere existence of technological progress is not proof of the possibility of a technological breakthrough within 10 years. JFK was advised that 10 years was feasible. Who in his right mind so advised Obama?

Melodramatic adjectives? Goodness me,we need to work on your understanding of adjectives/adverbs,never mind the energy industry.

PS:
So if he cites them, then the "impossible" promise suddenly becomes possible? Tut-tut. Told ya. You shouldn't have used that word "impossible" unless you knew what you were talking about.

Them? Who are these experts who share your belief in the viability of Obama's promise?
Re: Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate by AKO1(m): 5:03pm On Aug 30, 2008
khufu:

Even as Attorney general for 4 years, Governor of Arkansas for more than 14 years? The guy spent all his youthful years doing real politics, even before JFK became President The above observation is both funny and stupid!

I myself was wondering. Hope she's taking note.

**next. . .**

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Africa Without Slavery And Colonization / Respect Our Laws Or Be Dealt With – Ghanaian Police To Foreigners / NAK3D! Female Kenyan Presidential Candidate Poses Unclad To Get More Support.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.