Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,570 members, 7,865,379 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:54 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (290368 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by medube(m): 12:58am On Oct 04, 2007
Jackal:

Can u compare CHELSEA'S performance tonight with Arsenal's performance against a lowly-rated Bucharest?

I was about to ask the same question. Afterall, if Steaua had a good attacker and Toure didn't save Arsenal on some occasions (once with him a last man standing to head clear), they would have done more.

The fact still remains that if one is saying that coming from 1 goal down and winning 2 - 1 in a game against VALENCIA of all teams, at the Mestalla Stadium wasn't a tight performance, then something is definitely wrong somewhere grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by McOmo(m): 2:12am On Oct 04, 2007
Now the mouth-making bouts begin ! Some of u guys would even make Mourinho look ordinary at his odious mouthy best . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by medube(m): 2:28am On Oct 04, 2007
@mcomo

My friend go and hang. We are here talking football and you are here talking nonsense. The fact is Chelsea won tonight against Valencia and thats what we are discussing here. If you have a problem with that, I repeat go and hang.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by ritchboi: 7:14am On Oct 04, 2007
jackal & medube
how can u say u cant compare chelseas performance wid arsenals' against steaua?arsenal hav bin briliant all season,so why single out 1 average performance n weigh it up wit a rare gud chelsea performance.
As 4 ur coming from behind = character i'l take dat as a compliment,cos i lost count of how many times arsenal came from behind 2 win or draw last season.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Gettolove(m): 9:24am On Oct 04, 2007
many people have written chelsea off because of BIG M's exit, Those guys are wonderful especially in the 2nd half of the match.

UP CHELSEA
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by tosinadeda: 9:25am On Oct 04, 2007
Superb play 4rm chelsea,its good the spirit is back,all they nd is2 maintain it and work on d defence.
wut a goal from drogba,gd display 4rm him and d other africans
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by tkb417(m): 9:31am On Oct 04, 2007
That was a major performance from a team that has been under intense pressure. getting a draw at the Mestalla isnt bean cake, those guys really tried.

Valencia will forever rue the missed chances, futbol isnt about creating chances and not putting them in the net, footie is about scoring goals.

Chelsea didnt create many, but actually could score two goals. That was wonderful.
Good one guys. didnt expect Chelsea to win though grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by medube(m): 9:49am On Oct 04, 2007
@tkb417 thank you for that nothing but true fact.

@ritchboi, you confuse me and God knows how many others. One post you were asking us whether Chelsea deserved to win and in the next post you are calling it a rare good Chelsea performance  grin O boy, I tire. For once, when you see white call it white and when you see black call it black. Whether Arsenal did this or did that, it has nothing to do with this topic as we are not talking of them, but we are talking of the Valencia vs Chelsea match yesterday, in which Chelsea were very good and should be admitted.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by PDF: 10:01am On Oct 04, 2007
In the first half of the game, I couldn't believe I was watching Chelsea play - the defense was so poor that I felt David Villa and Joachim were going to get a hat trick each.  Alas, they went to sleep.

I'm happy Chelsea purnished Valencia for not taking their chances esp. in the first half. 

Valencia played better, no doubt.  Kudos to Chelsea for showing true character and determination.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal(m): 10:01am On Oct 04, 2007
@ medube,

Why r u flogging a dead horse?
Arses know they are now in trouble . . . . . . Yesterday's match is where the REVIVAL starts for Chelsea.
GAYNNERS will never appreciate someone else's good work and they spew more balderdash than sense.
Only few of them admitted their game on tuesday was a wash-out . . . . .Loyika confessed to me he fell asleep watching Arsenal.
Who could have fallen asleep watching Chelsea last night? The match had everything . . . . . . .

I just hope Chelsea can continue from here.
This is no ROCKET SCIENCE . . . . U have missed big players in Carvalho, Drogba and Lampard.
It will be a laugh if y'all can haul ur sorry asses and finish above Arsenal in May.
I will laugh my head off if that happens especially the way some moronic GAYNNERS have acted in the last few weeks.
Chelsea . . . .  . . . . .CHASE THE GAYNNERS back to their 4th place. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by medube(m): 10:05am On Oct 04, 2007
Jackal:

Chelsea . . . . . . . . .CHASE THE GAYNNERS back to their 4th place. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

I hear if they end up in 4th place for the third time they will officially honour them and call that position the ARSEnal position grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by medube(m): 10:18am On Oct 04, 2007
Reports from British Papers indicate Chelsea have offered Ajax's coach Henk ten Cate the job of first team coach, though Avram Grant will remain as the team manager. They also say, Steve Clark might be leaving, let's hope it's all for the better.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 10:32am On Oct 04, 2007
mc omo,

what the heck are u talking about ; Joaquin was bullshit on the night !!!

ritchboi,

the earlier u stop watching golf, the better for you ! afterall, removing one's balls are never good !
why would u open your rima oris and say arsenal's game against Steaua Bucharest was average ?
is it because we refused to indulge u guys on it ??
ok, did arsenal deserve to win the game on tuesday ?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by tng(f): 10:40am On Oct 04, 2007
It was a deserved victory for the blues To think i was hoping for a draw ane we got a win!!!!!.
Valencia played really good in the first 20mins or so but from then, we settled down and started closing them down and gradually shutting them out of the game JM style.

I hope this is the beginning of the much needed turn around.

@medube
Read that too. I hope its for the best. At least someone better than AG.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:47am On Oct 04, 2007
Well I don't want to get in an argument but I'm a fan of Joaquin. He's not a Chelsea player so no need to concentrate on him.

I think last night's game showed a lot of resilience from our team, The team showed their professional spirit. It would have been sad for world class players not to give their all simply because of their relationship to the last manager.

Meanwhile did anyone notice Shevy's place in that match - on the bench?
Wasn't that one of the reasons RA started a scuffle with JM?

Another player that deserves the bench is Kalou, that guys is such a waste.

Terry was great, Drogba took that goal nicely too.
I hope this game gives them the believe and mentality they need to play well in the league.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by medube(m): 10:53am On Oct 04, 2007
somze:

I hope this game gives them the believe and mentality they need to play well in the league.

I guess we are all hoping the same and I strongly believe it will.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Damose(m): 10:59am On Oct 04, 2007
I think they are now awake from their slumber. they should just just bounce back and play like the blues that i used to know.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 11:03am On Oct 04, 2007
Its always good to be optimistic but . . .
Anyone notice that we were in shambles when the game started?
Anyone notice we still dont play the exciting game RA wants?
Anyone notice its resilience not tactics that won us the game?

Joaquin and his friends were just using one-two passes to get behind our defence.

Mikel Obi was strolling back to defence

Anyway, i think we'd get to find a flow the more we play together with this team . . . wait a minute, which team have we been using?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by medube(m): 11:08am On Oct 04, 2007
@somze I hope you remember we are not known for playing flashy or fancy football? We always go in the game to get the result (which really matters) and that has always been Chelsea's pattern of play.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal(m): 11:10am On Oct 04, 2007
@ medube,

I dont need to wait . . . . .
With the evidence of what i saw in the 2nd half . . . . Chelsea is back to their winning ways.
Joe Cole's pass of the season to Drogba is the best piece of football skill i have seen this 2007/08 season.
A pass that evaded 4 Valencia defenders and traveled 50 yards to reach Drogba was AWESOME.
Such was the precision of the pass, Drogba did not have to break stride and his finish was subliminal.
In short . . . . .CHELSEA IS BACK.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by medube(m): 11:13am On Oct 04, 2007
Jackal:

In short . . . . .CHELSEA IS BACK.

And back with full force grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 11:18am On Oct 04, 2007
Medube
Reason why JM left/was sacked/mutual agreement etc
[list]
[li]RA just don't want to win, he wants fancy footie like Arsenal and Barca[/li]
[li]RA wants Shevy to play[/li]
[/list]

I mean this in the nicest way possible - who told you we don't play flashy footie?
The style of play is dependent on the manager to some extent, then the players.

Do you remember Vialli's time, think he took over from Hurdle (if thats the way its spelt)

We played the best footie in Uk, we had vialli, Zola, petrescu, dimatteo, Flo, Babayaro, can't remember the name of our number 4 who was the captain. He was always having red cards, I think he's now a manager in one of the smaller divisions

So the fact is that kind of football is possible but JM did not fancy it, he wanted to win only.
AG is just stealing JM's script, I see no change in the style of play unless perhaps less of long thrust balls.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Razorr(f): 11:21am On Oct 04, 2007
Jackal:

pass of the season

Jackal, is Joe Cole dead?

And if he is, who killed him? Cause the guy that made that pass couldn't have been the Joe Cole we know. grin

Are you kidding me? Joe Cole? shocked That selfish plonker that would rather make unnecessary dribbles and waste a nice goal scoring opportunity.

Maybe he's growing up finally. But whatever it is, I hope it continues like this.

God bless Chelsea. cool
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by medube(m): 11:26am On Oct 04, 2007
somze:

Do you remember Vialli time, think he took over from Hurdle (if thats the way its spelt)

Yeah I remember Vialli and he took over as Manager/Player from Gullit not Hoddle. But still since Jose Mourinho came in with the crop of players, it has been more of get the result than play fancy. I think JM left or was sacked (whichever) because RA wanted to interfere to much in the team and especially because of Sheva.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal(m): 11:31am On Oct 04, 2007
@ Razorr,

Believe it or not . . . . .It was JOE COLE.
The through-ball was a class-act . . .It has not been seen in this competiton for many years.
Joe hit a low pass(50 yards) with the outside of his boot and took the last defender out of the game curling into the path of Drogba.
I dont support CHELSEA but in all honesty . . . .that goal got me off ma seat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where did that come from? Without any doubt . . . .its the PASS OF THE SEASON.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 11:42am On Oct 04, 2007
medube:

Yeah I remember Vialli and he took over as Manager/Player from Gullit not Hoddle.
hmm . . . i see, always thought it was hurdle.
Well i became a chelsea fan with Vialli because of Chelsea's style of play. And I think next to JM he was the best. He just neva recovered from losing to Barca in the CL quarters and it affected our start in the next season I think.

Actually started concentrating on the EPL in 1996 and was a huge fan of Giggs , Beckham and Shearer, but really had no team.

Anyway RA wants sexy footie and Shevy, thats why JM is out.
Do you think AG can deliver that?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Razorr(f): 11:49am On Oct 04, 2007
@Jackal

Just when we were beginning to slay Mr. Gorrilant, the plonker delivers a victory like this. Now I feel reluctant to yab him. I still want him out though.
Ma boys are not a group of kindergarten students. We don't need no kindergarten training methods. grin

This is 2007 AD baby. . . cool
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by medube(m): 11:52am On Oct 04, 2007
somze:

Do you think AG can deliver that?

Jose MOurinho was one person (which we owe a great deal and thanks to) and there can never be another, but I think its time to move on and give this guy a chance and let's see what will happen. Trust me, as I stated earlier, few more plays and wins like yesterday and the chants will change from Jose Mourinho to Avram Grant grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 12:03pm On Oct 04, 2007
medube:

Trust me, as I stated earlier, few more plays and wins like yesterday and the chants will change from Jose Mourinho to Avram Grant grin
And my grandma will be young again grin grin
Meanwhile atleast he wore a suit grin

Anyway i heard his coaching style is rather ancient.
What do you think of Zola and Lippi? I dont mind having Zola back o.
I'm unsure of the Ajax guy though. I think we need a winner.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by cabali(m): 12:38pm On Oct 04, 2007
it's gr8 2 see y'all back. I was beginning 2 wonder. the thread has been a quiet place recently.

but am still not convinced. lets c d weekend.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by loyika(m): 12:47pm On Oct 04, 2007
@ Somze

The No 4 was old boy Dennis "The Menace" Wise grin grin and you were right in a way, Chelsea did play beautiful footie then, with Zola being the magician of the team cool But the London team that was known with beautiful footie, (Even at that time) were Spurs tongue tongue

Now on to the match cool

Like i said yesterday, i expected Chelsea to get a result, and i was jumping up and down like anyone else when Drogs scored that goal (I started jumping when the pass reached him, cause i knew he would score cool). Having said that, ya'll should not get it twisted.

1, One good game doesn't mean Chelsea is back, cause another bad game can always ruin the good work of the previous game (remember, Drogs is out of the next game due to his Red card, so who will lead your attack line, Solomon Kalou cheesy Please that guy couldn't score in a FREE BROTHEL!! And if he did score, it will be as a result of a miracle (terms like once in a life time comes to mind) The boy defines the words crap. grin

2, Avram Grant still hasn't got it, The boys played for their pride and the shirt, not for Grant, you all should get that point and stop decieving yourselves that he has the full support of his players.

3, Roman still wants beautiful footie, and he will sack anyone (Including Grant) if he doesn't get it, no matter the result of a game. What you all had better get used to is; THE FACT THAT WHAT YOU THINK DOESN'T MATTER ONE BIT!! Its what the owner wants for "HIS" club, that sets the tone, so stop decieving yourselves in thinking the guy has calmed down because JM has gone.

4, You all should concentrate on getting a sequence of good results going on first before you start doing the "Chacal" dance and start having visions of finishing above what so ever team (That is delusion of the highest order if i ever saw one ). Only Nigerians will always want to decieve themselves that there is nothing wrong, as their house is burning behind them.  

Chelsea's issues didn't end with JM leaving, No dear friends, you have no idea how far the plot still has to go, and i just pity all you "Amusement park merchants" that feel because you had one good ride on the Horsey, that all is now fine and dandy with the club and the players

I think Jesus said it best in the Parable of the Rich fool who thought he knew what was going to happen next in his life, i watch in amusement as this false sense of hope will crumble around ya'll very soon. (Sort of like what pertained in Spurs pre season cheesy cheesy Winning games and buying players everywhere, look where that got them).

Finally, people keep confusing different comps , make no mistake about it, each comp is a different kettle of fish, The Prem is not as forgiving as the UCL, give Bolton and Anelka those chances like you gave D Villa last night, and this thread will be "Homeless" by monday, of that i can guarrantee.

Anywayz, i didn't come to be a spoil sports, as i always support all English teams in the Group phases of the UCL, and everyone, except that Hippo Benitez tongue made me proud that i support the EPL above every league (Nigeria, and NFL, how far do we have to go oh!! cry cry cry).

Sundays game should give you an indication of whether you guys are about to turn the corner, or whether normal service (of mediocracy) shall be resumed at Stamford brigde grin grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by medube(m): 12:55pm On Oct 04, 2007
@loyika, thank you for your detailed input.

Might I ask you the main question of the day? After watching the match, forget the EPL, Carling Cup or whatever, did you think Chelsea put up a good fight against Valencia at the Mestalla Stadium in the UCL yesterday?

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.