Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,020 members, 7,863,684 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:32 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (290220 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 10:36pm On Feb 19, 2008
I thot we should have scored a goal at least . .
Looks like AG was comfortable with a draw until late. . .
He should have made those changes much earlier instead of the 75th min. .
We must not conceed a goal in the second as it puts pressure on us to score two. .
Until second leg sha. . . Hope we lift the cup on sunday. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Chacal: 10:45pm On Feb 19, 2008
@ nateevs,

Kalou is a dork.
He should have scored from that Anelka's wonderful pass.
What a delivery. . . . . . Kalou is a Arrow for not making that count.
Drogba or Anelka would have made that count.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Cassiel(f): 11:31pm On Feb 19, 2008
Anelka and Kalou should've been in @ d start of 2nd half.Anelka and Drogba are a powerful combination.I think Avram Grant wasnt really aiming for a win,but d sparks will fly during the return match i'm sure.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by amodu(m): 7:48am On Feb 20, 2008
Why should we have to wait for the secong leg before we scale through?

The match was so dull.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 20, 2008
We had a bad Midfield, the forwarders aren't getting
good supports, and the defences had trouble too.
A.G should had known better that Essien is more of a defender
than a midfielder.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by loyika(m): 3:33pm On Feb 20, 2008
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dapsycool(m): 4:01pm On Feb 20, 2008
Blue is the COLOUR, winning is our aim cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by amodu(m): 4:16pm On Feb 20, 2008
I think they palyed that way because of the Carling cup final on Sunday.

The two managers are going into the game being their first major final in charge of their team.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by molos: 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2008
chelsea for life
we will win the champions league this season
we are too complete
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 5:00pm On Feb 21, 2008
amodu:

I think they palyed that way because of the Carling cup final on Sunday.

The two managers are going into the game being their first major final in charge of their team.

just what I wanted to say man and in 2 weeks time, he's going to play those guys again

[img]http://www.chelseafc.com/javaImages/d1/81/0,,10268~3572177,00.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.chelseafc.com/javaImages/19/7d/0,,10268~3570969,00.jpg[/img]
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 3:10pm On Feb 22, 2008
CHELSEA V TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR -

Chelsea are competing in our ninth cup final in 11 years and third League Cup final in four seasons.

Tottenham are appearing in their first final tie in six years.

It is 18 years and 43 games since Tottenham last beat an 11-man Chelsea. It was in February 1990 at Stamford Bridge when Gary Lineker and David Howells scored for the visitors to secure a 2-1 victory. John Bumstead replied for the Blues. Bobby Campbell and Terry Venables managed the teams.

Spurs' two wins against us since that time came when we were down to 10 men. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was sent off in our 5-1 League Cup semi final drubbing in 2002 and John Terry suffered the same fate in November 2006 when we lost 2-1 at White Hart Lane.

It is an extraordinary fact that Chelsea and Arsenal's long unbeaten runs against Tottenham both ended in a 5-1 defeat in a League Cup semi-final second leg at White Hart Lane. Chelsea's was 26 games between 1990 and 2002 and Arsenal's 21 matches without defeat ended four weeks ago. William Gallas was on the receiving end of both of them.
Tongue

A win against Spurs will ensure a 22nd FA Cup and League Cup game without defeat and beat Arsenal's 21 game unbeaten domestic cup run set between 1992 and 1993. Only Blackburn (23 games, 1883 to 1886) have a better record in English football history.

Chelsea are unbeaten in 16 (12 wins and four draws) since our defeat at the Emirates before Christmas.

Our North London rivals have not been given any clues of what our line up might be at Wembley. We lined up against Huddersfield last Saturday and Olympiacos on Tuesday with two completely different starting elevens.

Chelsea have been beaten twice (Man Utd and Arsenal away) in 34 games in all competitions under Avram Grant in a run that has seen 24 wins and 22 clean sheets.

We are unbeaten in the last 52 games in all competitions when scoring the opening goal - 48 wins, four draws. The last occasion was at Tottenham in November 2006.

Chelsea have not lost with Ricardo Carvalho in the side since that November 2006 Tottenham defeat - a total of 58 games.

Tottenham are undefeated in five and have lost only two of their last 12 games
This will be both Tottenham and Chelsea's sixth League Cup final appearance.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 3:14pm On Feb 22, 2008
Chelsea's overall record against Tottenham in all competitions is played 135, won 58, drawn 31, lost 46.

Our cup record against Spurs is: played 16, won 7, drawn 4, lost 5.

Most League Cup wins:
Liverpool 7, Aston Villa 5, Chelsea 4, Nottingham Forest 4, Leicester 3 and Tottenham 3.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by amodu(m): 6:30pm On Feb 22, 2008
@ Mustay thanks for updating us.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by software(m): 10:45pm On Feb 23, 2008
my ppl i hail oooo.

nothing dey happen tommorw, we go destroy spurs, no shakin,

blues 4 life
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 3:46pm On Feb 24, 2008
Time don land my people. . . We relish the return John Terry to the side. . Lampard also plays.

Team line-up

----------------------------Cech---------------------------------

Belletti--------Terry-------Carvalho------------Bridge

---------------Mikel-----------------

-------------Essien-------------------Lamps----------

SWP---------------- Drogba-------------- Anelka

It seems to me like a very different line up. . . As a matter of fact Chelsea has neva played this way in it's history. . . I am very confident in the team. . . I very well respect Spurs. . very good team with Berbatov and Keane with Lenon. . can cause a lot of damage. . . But I am very sure we can pull this off. . .

Common Chelseaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Chacal: 4:05pm On Feb 24, 2008
@ nateevs,

Whatz up with Grant and this formation?

4-3-3 against Tottenham?
Its next to STUPIDITY. . . . . Chelsea won't have a sniff of the ball in the midfield.
Wright-Phillips is anutha error . . . . Joe Cole should have started instead and Belletti aint ready for this game.
SPURS might win this game . . . . Chelski's attitude is appaling.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by ritchboy(m): 4:13pm On Feb 24, 2008
Wat da hell is swp doing in the starting XI when joey crack,ballack et al r on the bench?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Chacal: 4:21pm On Feb 24, 2008
Grant should be spanked. . . .

I was expecting him to go 4-4-2 with the same back four.
Essien and Lampard in the CM with Malouda/Joe Cole on the flanks.
Drogba and Anelka to spearhead the attack.

Chelsea has no width. . . . . plus they are outnumbered in the midfield area.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 4:28pm On Feb 24, 2008
@Chacal

I really agree with you about the 4-4-2.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 4:33pm On Feb 24, 2008
Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllll
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by DrStein(m): 4:38pm On Feb 24, 2008
Great goal by Drogba but what the heck is Chelsea playing? Cricket?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Chacal: 4:57pm On Feb 24, 2008
@ nateevs,

Great free-kick from Drogba!!!!!!!!

Unlucky SPURS!
They outplayed Chelsea but they have been outscored.
Zokora should know better than conceding freekicks in that area of the field.

Grant is a Arrow.
His formation has clearly taken ANELKA out of the game.
Le Sulk can't play wide left. . . . . . Its a waste of talent.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 5:00pm On Feb 24, 2008
Ok . . end of half.

Chelsea on top. . .but clearly not the better team.
Tottenham clearly won the midfield battles. . Have had more attempts on goal. . .and seem to beaten us in all deparments. .

The attitude has been appaling . . .Drogba before the goal was behaving like "Na me dey score no be me dey mark" he was just strolling . .SWP should be out of the 11. . Joe should come in. . .Belletti left his passing boots at home. .

I hope above all anyway that we come back in flying . . if we do not conceed we won't lose. . and then we can score . .

Back to the Half. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 5:24pm On Feb 24, 2008
What a stupid error by Essien. . . what in the flipping world was he doing?
he's caused a goal. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 24, 2008
yeah i agree it was essiens fault, but abeg chec shud learn how to be decisive in penalty scenrios
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 24, 2008
man what's wrong
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 5:40pm On Feb 24, 2008
I can't believe what I am seeing . . . what is wrong with essien and Lamps? . . the match is weak because of this guys.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 5:42pm On Feb 24, 2008
Essien off . . Ballack on . . good move but an awfully-stupid too delayed decision
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 5:52pm On Feb 24, 2008
I am very mad at a lot of things now. . .

Lamp is making want to throw up. . .
Essien for a moment thot he was in the ACN. . .
SWP is . . . I don't know
And it took AG 88mins to see the midfield is terrible. . .

Lamps should be taken off now. . .Joe cole in
And move into a 4-4-2.

It's seeming to me we were better off when these guys were injured.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 6:02pm On Feb 24, 2008
Mikel out . . . . Cole in

Why Mikel?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 6:40pm On Feb 24, 2008
Congratulations to Spurs.

A deserved winner by ALL STANDARD.

Definitely, this is not my Chelsea undecided
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Chacal: 6:48pm On Feb 24, 2008
@ nateevs,

Avram Grant should be whipped for his dud formation and team selection.
Why play 4-3-3 against SPURS?? It was wrong by all standards . . . .
He was outplayed and outnumbered in the midfield and that was a let down by Chelsea's standards.

Grant was so cautious he didn't even let us see the DROGNELKA combo.
Where was Malouda? He left him out of the squad.
He should take the blame for Chelski's loss but SPURS deserved the victory.

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.