Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,479 members, 7,954,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:03 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (299149 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 9:48pm On May 03, 2008
Who is this Tom Taiwo that plays for the reserve team?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 10:12pm On May 03, 2008
bluehorizo:

Who is this Tom Taiwo that plays for the reserve team?

One Naija boy from Leeds. Apparently he hasn't progressed as well as Chelsea coaches were hoping.

@Somze,

Many clubs want to sign Sidwell for £5m

One club wanted Boulahrouz for £4m (I can't remember)

Tottenham wants Ben-Haim (I am guessing for 5-6m)

Ben Sahar needs to go out on loan because his scoring record in the Championship hasn't been impressive. Di Santo doing very well according to Nateevs.

Sinclair is doing very well at Crystal Palace as well as one 17 year old boy called Victor Moses who we are also chasing.

Milan want to sign Sheva back this summer so it all depends on the price. I am guessing £5m although they will probably try that shit they did with Crespo and take him on loan.

InterMilan are willing to pay £20m+ for Drogba.

Ferreira just signed a new five year contract (For what, I don't know: so it may be some time before we get rid of him)

Crespo has one year left and has fallen out with Inter so I guess he will be out on loan again.

SWP has already told friends he is leaving because he has only played once since Carling Cup.

Chelsea offered Malouda + cash to Bayern for Ribery so we can assume Malouda is also on his way.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 10:17pm On May 03, 2008
Akolawole:

@Jackal and Rikky

Why is howard not on goal in Godisson Park?

Why do Everton choose a Keeper that is a bench warmer in that Match?

Phillip Neville cry [ Once a United is always a Red Devils tongue ]

On todays match, One good turn deserve another sha. ( Of Tevez,Relegation battle and Old time Friendship)

Howard wasn't in goal cos there was a clause in his contracts that he cannot play against Man Utd that season.
FYI, I heard Nicholas Anelka will not be playing against Bolton next week. . . . Is that anutha conspiracy?
Phil Neville made an error that resulted in an own goal. . . . .Was John Arne Riise on Chelsea's pay-roll too?
Nigerians and their conspiracy theory. . . . .

Are u trying to say Curbishley and Moyes gave Ferguson 84 points this season.
Ok. . . . lemme guess, Arsene Wenger also dashed Man Utd 3 points at OT. . . .Just like Rafa Benitez gave Fergie 6 massive points this season.
I should also say Peter Kenyon helped sack Mourinho in september so Man Utd can beat Chelsea to a pulp.
Hate us or love us. . . . . .Man Utd will win the Premiership. grin grin  cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 10:21pm On May 03, 2008
@Jackal

Dont just compare Anelka one with Howard.

Anelka one was loan then permanent deal while Howard one was Straight sale.

No wahala. We will be back
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 10:22pm On May 03, 2008
What is all this rumor about Henry coming to SB? Real Madrid should pls stay away from Carvalho and Essien.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 10:26pm On May 03, 2008
somze:

We also need space for some players who deserve to be promoted from the youth team -
[list]
[li]Ben Sahar[/li]
[li]kakuta[/li]
[li]Franco di santo[/li]
[li]Scot Sinclair[/li]
[/list]

Guys what do you think about the top players we have on loan - Cresspo and Bhoularouz? Cant we just sell them to any club?

Please Miroslav Stoch and Tejera to the list of young players that should play in the Carling Cup next season.

I think Crespo has said he will prefer to stay in Italy. So I guess he will just be sold. What's the point of having Boula on loan. We have adequate defenders in the side. Sell him off.

@Ibime

Milan will most likely offer Chelsea the loan option. Sheva earns 130,000 a week. who is willing to take on his pay? Except he decides to take a pay cut, it will be difficult.

I like the option of Malouda plus cash for Ribery. Ribery is in a different planet from Malouda. SWP, Sidwell, Benhaim, Pizzarro, can all go to QPR for all I care.

If Sinclair does not make it to the side next season, I wonder when we will finally give him a chance.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 10:37pm On May 03, 2008
Akolawole:

@Jackal

Dont just compare Anelka one with Howard.

Anelka one was loan then permanent deal while Howard one was Straight sale.

No wahala. We will be back

Akolawole? Check your facts very well.
Tim Howard was on loan at Everton since August 2006. . . . . He did not join Everton permanently until Feb 2007.
Everton decided not to play Howard for their own reasons. . . . It had nuthing to do with Man Utd.

Chelsea will be back? Back where?
Roman needs a a massive overhaul to be on Man Utd's level. . . .
Majority of your players are getting old and i hope your club wont suffer a meltdown like AC Milan is currently doing.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 10:51pm On May 03, 2008
I just checked out the Miralem Sulejmani on youtube just now. My first impression is: Nah, not good enough for Chelsea.

Firstly, most of his goals come from central positions and we will not be playing him centrally. Secondly, he is too small and weak for Premiership. If he was very fast like Aaron Lennon, I would overlook his size, but he looks about as fast as Malouda, maybe a little faster. Thirdly, he can't dribble. A winger should be able to dribble. I think he may do well at Blackburn etc but Chelsea is on a different level. Our competitors are fielding Ronaldo and the like. We also have to match them. That is why I propose that we go all out for wingers this summer.

If we were going to buy Sulejmani, we should have kept Mbark Boussoufa who we let go to Genk a year and a half ago. He didn't even get to play for our first team. He scored 16 goals in his first season for Genk and earned a transfer to Anderlecht. Check him out here:
                                                                                       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH7hDHvNihk

If anything, we must get Farfan if we are to buy from Dutch league. He is already our player, we just need to pay £1.00 like we did with Alex. I see him as our third choice winger behind Joe Cole and someone else (preferrably Quaresma).
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 10:56pm On May 03, 2008
Jackal.:

Chelsea will be back? Back where?
Roman needs a a massive overhaul to be on Man Utd's level. . . .
Majority of your players are getting old and i hope your club wont suffer a meltdown like AC Milan is currently doing.

You are here talking. We are level on points with you despite all the wahala we have had this season. Don't worry you will see next season. I don't think you will be able to live with us.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by McOmo(m): 11:22pm On May 03, 2008
u can not be level on points until u have won ur next match cool
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 11:26pm On May 03, 2008
Ibime
You know, I was not too impressed with Sulejmani.

Like I stated earlier, he does not possess the speed we need from a winger and he can not dribble. However he can score goals. Where he scores from does not really matter. Also he should be relatively inexpensive.

Arfa on the other hand has a lot of trickery in his possession and can dribble but I'm not sure of his speed. Also he's not a good scorer as his stats can tell. We need a combination of speed, skills and accuracy in front of goal.

The problem I have with Quaresma is the fact that he's failed in a big club before - Barca. One would think that a player of his kind with the skills and all will actually excel at such a club. Yes he had issues with Rijkaard but I don't accept that as a good enough excuse.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 11:31pm On May 03, 2008
Ibime:

You are here talking. We are level on points with you despite all the wahala we have had this season. Don't worry you will see next season. I don't think you will be able to live with us.

I am tired of y'all peops talking about NEXT SEASON.
These were the same words i kept hearing on Nairaland last season. . . . .How Chelsea was gon' buy Ronaldinho, Messi and Etoo combined to win the QUADRUPLE.

United will not be able to live with y'all. . . . .Lemme laugh at that statement. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Chelsea will be lucky to finish in the top 2 next season. . . . .I see nuthing but trouble ahead with ur campaign next season. . . . . .
The problem with ur outfit is the number of pensioners/finished products in your ranks. . . . There's no visible player development.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 11:48pm On May 03, 2008
Jackal.:

I am tired of y'all peops talking about NEXT SEASON.

This season is not over. Based on stats, we have only lost 3 games this season. You have lost 5. This is despite manager changeover a few games into the season. No need to talk anyway, we will see you in the CL final plus the season is not over. One thing I trust Chelsea for is that we do not lose games easily.

Jackal.:

The problem with your outfit is the number of pensioners/finished products in your ranks. . . . There's no visible player development.

Pensioners like Scholes, Giggs, Van Der Saar and Neville?

Of our current squad, only Makalele and Belletti are older than Ferdinand.

Anyway, lets not talk. Let history bear itself out.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 11:59pm On May 03, 2008
@ Ibime,

Ibime:

This season is not over. Based on stats, we have only lost 3 games this season. You have lost 5. This is despite manager changeover a few games into the season. No need to talk anyway, we will see you in the CL final plus the season is not over. One thing I trust Chelsea for is that we do not lose games easily.

A team's strength is determined by the number of league games they have WON. . . .and not the games they have LOST.
This is why i always say Mourinho's 1st season at Chelsea was better than Arsenal's UNBEATEN RUN season. . . . On the current stats, United have won 26 league games while Chelsea have won 24 albeit a game in hand. . . . .That is what keep United on top of y'all not the LOSSES.

Pensioners like Scholes, Giggs, Van Der Saar and Neville?

Of our current squad, only Makalele and Belletti are older than Ferdinand.

Anyway, lets not talk. Let history bear itself out.

Does this data truly reflect what we are talking about?
We have got Nani, Anderson, Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez as starters all under 25. . . . .Please tell me the number of under-25s u have got in your team.
Are u aware the difference between the age average of Arsenal and Man Utd is LESS THAN 6 MONTHS?
Son, don't even compare United's long term plans with Chelski's . . .  .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by amodu(m): 8:41am On May 04, 2008
Roman Abramovich is planning mega move for the Barcelona left wing jewel, Lionel Messi for about 80 million pounds.

Check it out yourself:

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=682622
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:20am On May 04, 2008
Not gonna happen . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 12:26pm On May 04, 2008
Abramovic needs to slow down . . . . last season he was ready to pay £88m for Ronaldnho. What a big mistake that would have been. The guy wants to see champagne football at all cost and it seems he is ready to break the bank for it. Mind you, I wouldn't call it breaking the bank cos Abramovic makes an extra £20m every day. I guess that for him, Lionel Messi would be nothing more than a weeks' pay.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 12:37pm On May 04, 2008
Chelsea have registered their interest in a 13-year-old Roholla Iqbalzadeh, who is being labelled as a "mini Drogba". The striker was born in Afghanistan and was spotted playing for Mosjoen IL in a youth tournament in Norway. (Mail on Sunday)
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 1:24pm On May 04, 2008
^^^ Some football scouts are stupid. How can you be a 'mini Drogba' at 13? Drogba's game is based on his physical strength. What happens when this youngsters' mates also grow up. Will his physical strength make any difference then? If the boy is from Afghanistan, I am also guessing that his age is fake. He may well be 15 or so. No wonder he is physically stronger than his mates.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 3:45pm On May 04, 2008
Good News Guys: Lamps, Drogba and Ballack have told teammates that they have changed their minds and want to stay. I am happy for them to stay as long as they are ready to give 100%. Whether Abramovic wants them is another issue.

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/sport/2008/05/04/frank-lampard-ready-to-sign-three-year-chelsea-deal-98487-20405351/
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 3:54pm On May 04, 2008
Does this have anything to do with getting to the UCL final? I wonder . . .

I do not depend too much on tabloid but it seems the players now have more belief in Grant. Especially players like Drogba and perhaps Lampard who had strong ties with JM.

It's good news if it's true though.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 7:38pm On May 04, 2008
Yes these guys like JM but they love chelsea a lot especially superFrankie.

@Jackal

Howard's contract was already a permanent one and he was not injured.

@Mr Grant

I can handle NOT winning the premiership this year but i cannot handle Arsenal finishing above us.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 7:48pm On May 04, 2008
@ Akolawole,

Please skip this your conspiracy theories. . . .

Was Ronaldo injured when United left him on the bench against Chelsea last weekend??
Tevez, Scholes, Park? Were they injured?
Maybe Ferguson was also bribed by Avram Grant so Chelsea can win the title . . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:04pm On May 04, 2008
somze:

Does this have anything to do with getting to the UCL final? I wonder . . .

Unrestrained euphoria . . . consequence of qualifying for the UCL final!!! If we win neither of both competitions, status quo!!!!

@somze

I like Ben Arfa because he's got tricks. . . but I wonder if he ever learnt when he was growing up that a team means 11 players. . Players like that are injuries waiting to happen. . If you know what I mean.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:28pm On May 04, 2008
amodu:

Roman Abramovich is planning mega move for the Barcelona left wing jewel, Lionel Messi for about 80 million pounds.

Check it out yourself:

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=682622

Now this is beginning to freak me out. I do want any Messis or Kakas. How do getafe play that beautiful football with Messi and Kaka? I know very good players play good and exciting football but £80m ,  Commonnnn!!!!! Roman is high on Russian Vodka. .

Get Andrei Arshavin, Diego, Rafael Vander vaart, Farfan, Ben Arfa and Benzema, Quaresma. Mix them up with the team and watch good football come to light. .   

All this Messi this, Ronaldinho that, Kaka this is beginning to bore.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 9:49pm On May 04, 2008
@Jackal

I will cyberslap you.

United can rest as much because they have good bench. On that day, Everton fielded the 3rd choice.

I will still go to Court on that matter grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 9:55pm On May 04, 2008
@ Akolawole,

Please go to court.

Real Madrid have just retained the LA LIGA title . . . .

What a game by Arjen Robben and Raul Gonzalez. . . . .
5 mins to go, they were losing 1-0 to Osasuna. . . .

Boom!!!!!!!!!! Robben scored the equaliser and Higuain scored the winner. . .
There's something about front-runners. . . . They just dont give up!!!!
This is why i worry about Chelski's futile chase. . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by MrTurkey(m): 10:49pm On May 04, 2008
man u, arsenal,real, barca, chelsea, turkeys all grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by McOmo(m): 1:06am On May 05, 2008
THERE IS THIS MATCH-WINNING THING ABOUT HIGUAIN THAT NEEDS TO BE INVESTIGATED . . . cheesy

I always knew that Madrid was going to win that league ever since . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by amodu(m): 9:10am On May 05, 2008
Bayern have also been crowned Bundesliga champions following a goalless draw with Wolfsburg. The Bavarians put in a far-from spectacular performance but that will not matter as Ottmar Hitzfeld’s side gained the point they needed to clinch their 21st Bundesliga title.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 10:49am On May 05, 2008
@Amodu

Are you now a Bayern?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by McOmo(m): 11:23am On May 05, 2008
@Akola

why ask that question ?

has it become a crime to report about other leagues/clubs

why didnt u say anything when he posted that Rooney might be missing at Moscow tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.