Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,450 members, 7,861,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:10 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (290019 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Uby40(m): 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2008
SCOLARI SAYS THESE GUYS ARE NOT NEEDED AT THE BRIDGE.

DO YOU GUYS THINK THERE IS STILL ROOM FOR ONE OF THEM.

FOR ME I THINK MAKELELE SHUD BE GIVEN ANOTHER YEAR.

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by kboy001: 11:10pm On Jul 09, 2008
i am a true chelsea fan, my name is kazeem.
blue is true and fun
i need friends on my yahoo messenger list, i mean pple that i can chat with anytim i am online.
my yahho mail is olalekan01@yahoo.com. blues are welcome
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 1:54am On Jul 10, 2008
Makalele is going no where.

Who want to buy Sheva?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by debosky(m): 2:33am On Jul 10, 2008
Sheva is going nowhere, I wonder why Chelski always refused to sell him back to AC Milan. . .this was the most stupid move of recent by Chelsea - sell an unproductive player back to his owners and make some money!!

Maka may leave. . . who knows? Chelsea may want to use younger players and Maka can only play selective games.

What about DD? Is he leaving or going?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 3:25am On Jul 10, 2008
@Debo

I think what Milan want was for Sheva to go back to Italy but Chelas paying half of the wages.

He can even come to Emirate to continue his gentle football with Sagnay coming in the opposite direction grin

Maka has one year left anyway.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 9:55am On Jul 10, 2008
I don't understand why Shevshenko in not on the transfer list, he's too much of a problem in the dressing room.

Maka should be gone, Obi should play more wink
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 3:20pm On Jul 10, 2008
hannibal,

what are you trying to say
i can't seem to relate your post to anything i've said in recent times !
so . . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by just2nice(m): 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2008
Sheva is still important to Chelsea's quadruple title march;I think it was AG's dumb tactics that made us not to see the best of him last season.Hopefully,he will silence his critics next season.He is still one of the best strikers in the world.As for Makelele,the old has to go for the new to come.Makelele,leave and create space for other young talents and stars to come in and shine.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 4:23pm On Jul 10, 2008
Steve Sidwell's off to Aston Villa !

Aston Villa have made their first signing of the summer after Chelsea midfielder Steve Sidwell finalised his £5m move and signed a three-year deal.

The 25-year-old passed a medical on Thursday and is now expected to join Villa's pre-season tour of Switzerland.

"I am over the moon," Sidwell told the club's website. "It's taken a while but I'm looking forward to meeting my new team-mates and playing football.

"I've had a year of not playing much so to get on the pitch is my first aim."

Sidwell failed to establish himself at Stamford Bridge after moving from Reading on a free transfer last summer.

He is the likely replacement for Gareth Barry when the Villa captain finally completes his move to Liverpool.

Sidwell was part of the Arsenal side that won the FA Youth Cup in 2000 and 2001 and had loan spells with Brentford and Brighton.

He was unable to force his way into the first team with the Gunners and moved to Reading in January 2003 on a four-and-a-half-year deal.

Sidwell played a big role in Reading gaining promotion to the top flight for the first time two years ago, but he rejected a new contract that summer and left the Royals on a free transfer to move to Chelsea in 2007.

Villa manager Martin O'Neill, meanwhile, could name Martin Laursen as captain in place of Barry, who is waiting to get the go-ahead to complete his switch to Anfield.

O'Neil said: "There are a number of people on the list and Martin Laursen would certainly be one of the names I'd be thinking about.

"He was terrific last season. There are a number of people who would want it but there are a number of people who are on my list who might not want it. I haven't discussed it yet.

"There are quite a few candidates at the club and perhaps others not yet at the club so that's something I'll look at further down the line."
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Hannibal: 4:30pm On Jul 10, 2008
@ Wormedup,

Will Mikel Obi leave Chelsea?
Does he fit into Scolari's plans to bring Chelsea back into their winning ways??
I want a genuine challenge this season. . . . . Man Utd are having it too easy these days.
Give us something to cheer about.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 5:04pm On Jul 10, 2008
hyena,

so far, big phil hasn't said mikel won't fit in. till he does so, you know where ur answer lies !
manu having it easy ? u've probably been drinking my beer all along ! tongue

wassup with carlos ? how's it shaping up ?
the last i heard, fergie's on the brinks of a heart attack ! grin tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 5:17pm On Jul 10, 2008
@Wormy

You get time for Prophet of doom sha.

Remember they predicted JM will loan him to Afghanistan the other time. tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Hannibal: 5:19pm On Jul 10, 2008
wormedup:

hyena,

so far, big phil hasn't said mikel won't fit in. till he does so, you know where your answer lies !
manu having it easy ? u've probably been drinking my beer all along ! tongue

wassup with carlos ? how's it shaping up ?
the last i heard, fergie's on the brinks of a heart attack ! grin tongue

Ferguson is playing golf all across European cities.
Carlos can go to Portugal. . . . .He would come back after 2010 world cup when Fergie retires or so.

Big Phil would do away with surplus to requirements at Chelsea.
Mikel Obi in the midst of Makalele, Ballack, Lampard, Deco and Essien. . . without mentioning the WIDE players!!!
Just send him to Burnley for 2 seasons on loan.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by tkb417(m): 6:22pm On Jul 10, 2008
Ferguson is playing golf all across European cities.
Carlos can go to Portugal. . . . .He would come back after 2010 world cup when Fergie retires or so.

Big Phil would do away with surplus to requirements at Chelsea.
Mikel Obi in the midst of Makalele, Ballack, Lampard, Deco and Essien. . . without mentioning the WIDE players!!!
Just send him to Burnley for 2 seasons on loan.

grin grin grin Hull will love to have him for just a season
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 11:35pm On Jul 10, 2008
Somze what is it with you and your constant haranguing of Makalele? Do you watch football through psychedelic glasses? Dont make me fight you o! Mikel is not fit to lick Maka's boots talkless of tie it. Mikel is a give I give type of player. He lacks the positioning or intelligence to even dream of replacing Maka. Maka is the most consistent and most value-for-money player at Chelsea and also my favourite Chelsea player. He better not go anywhere. He has one more year of top quality service to offer.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 8:34am On Jul 11, 2008
Maka is getting older dammit. Loosing his feet, never had pace and lost in height. . .

While Mikel is . . . well he is Nigerian. What other reasons do you need? We also have Essien.

We can get good money off Maka if he leaves now. He has won everything there is to win in both club and country, so he should be allowed to retire peacefully. It's for his own good. cool
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dayokanu(m): 9:27am On Jul 11, 2008
Mikel should be loaned to Saturn Moscow or Skonto Riga where he can polish his skills in those freezers.

Tkb, I already told you the guy would be back to Plateau United or JIB rocks

Balack, Essien, Lamps, Deco, Makalele struggling for 2 slots where would Mikel stay?

Chelsea would been permitted to use 15 players on the field I guess.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 10:35am On Jul 11, 2008
@Somze

Let Maka continue to collecthis retirement package from Oil money jare.

He has served us well.

He could be our FA/carling cup captain.

Dont let us treat our players like the Northerners grin

Beside attitude problem, Mikel is a gem.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by software(m): 7:05am On Jul 12, 2008
Hi guys,

Am back on board cheesy cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dyabman(m): 8:46pm On Jul 12, 2008
dayokanu:

Mikel should be loaned to Saturn Moscow or Skonto Riga where he can polish his skills in those freezers.

Tkb, I already told you the guy would be back to Plateau United or JIB rocks

Balack, Essien, Lamps, Deco, Makalele struggling for 2 slots where would Mikel stay?

Chelsea would been permitted to use 15 players on the field I guess.

i want to know what u guys are going to gain from this whole criticism,
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2008
@Ibime,

Mikel is a few years old than half maka's age. . . Maka was perhaps not even heard of at Mikel's age. . .
Drogba, Lampard all had late peaks in their footballing career. . .

Mikel will grow to to be that big star under Big Phil. . .

Secondly, we are going to have an argument in the course of the season . . . I am gearing up for it. Let me hint you. . . Deco is the perfect example of a playmaker and one that will in your terms "not adapt to the premiership". . .

When he adapts in the his playmaking role. . . I go bombard you  grin grin grin

@Somze

What is happening to your man Lampard? I don't want to start an epistle about him. . . .

I am looking at the next signings and I wish it will be at least two of Robinho, Vandervaart, Ribery and Diego. . . after that we are reaady to challenge on all fronts. . .

Drogba will not go IMO. . Sheva will reap from the newly introduced passing game. .
Lampard, Sidwell, SWP, Malouda, Pizzarro and TBH will all leave IMO and create space for the new guys . . . . Phil thinks our squad is too big. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 5:11pm On Jul 13, 2008
I think I have to prepare myself for a season without Lampard,

It seems he's heart is already in Italy. I hear he is being offered 160k per week. Can you blame him?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 10:25pm On Jul 13, 2008
http://english.gazzetta.it/Football/Primo_Piano/2008/07_Luglio/10/Lampard.shtml

Things have gone really bad you know . . . . Mr Lampard !!!!

The new Chelsea boss had said he was free to go, save any last minute changes of plan. A disappointed Frank accused him of being a "liar", adding, "I can't work with a coach who lies to me from Day 1." But Chelsea chief Keynon says, "Lampard's staying".
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 11:19pm On Jul 13, 2008
http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/inter-boss-Mourinho-hoping-brazils-adria-5512040.html

latest on the Lampard saga. . . . inter are willing to offer £12m and Adriano for Lampard. . . they really want Lampard. . We must be absolutely mental not to take this deal. . . If the reports are true

Several sources are carrying it though . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 11:56pm On Jul 13, 2008
nateevs:

@Ibime,

Mikel is a few years old than half maka's age. . . Maka was perhaps not even heard of at Mikel's age. . .
Drogba, Lampard all had late peaks in their footballing career. . .

Mikel will grow to to be that big star under Big Phil. . .

I can't believe you guys are here talking about Mikel and Makalele in the same sentence. IMO, he was the best performer for France at the Euro's and he has shown that his fitness and stamina are still there as far as I am concerned. The guy is the most intelligent DM I have ever seen and I always get high BP when Mikel is playing because a red or yellow card is always around the corner. . . as well as a free kick in a dangerous position.

Somze was talking about Maka not having the pace . . . . but even now he has more pace than Mikel. Soon as somebody goes past Mikel it is impossible for him to recover because he lacks fitness and pace to recover his position. People do not usually get behind Maka but when they do he has powers of recovery and is nimble and agile enough to nip the ball round the corner even when the opposition has his back to him.

Comeon . . . it is now a year and a half since Jose started easing Mikel into Maka position and yet Mikel cannot make the position his until today. . . . because Maka is too mcuh for him. . . . IMO, there is onl one guy I prefer to Maka in that position even at this old age and that is Mascherano.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mikel. I just don't think he is a DM.

BTW, Makalele won French league at 22 and reached Champions League semi-final also at 22 so he is not a small boy. Plus Mikel is about 27, not 21 as he claims.

nateevs:

Secondly, we are going to have an argument in the course of the season . . . I am gearing up for it. Let me hint you. . . Deco is the perfect example of a playmaker and one that will in your terms "not adapt to the premiership". . .

When he adapts in the his playmaking role. . . I go bombard you grin grin grin

Bring it on boy . . . .you are going to miss Lampard badly this season. Since you have been shouting playmaker playmaker. Let us see which playmaker can step into Lampards shoes. BTW, Deco is not really a playmaker like VDV because he can handle himself well in central midfield. Anyway, lets see. . . . . it should be interesting.

BTW, I also want Lampard to leave. . . . . . not because I don't like him but because he is greedy and unreasonable. You want him to leave because you don't like his style of play. IMO Lampard does many things that you don't appreciate because he makes the hard things look simple. Granted he can't dribble but his assist ratio is still up there with any playmaker in Europe pluas his defensive input and his goals input are double that of any playmaker.

However, I want all the greedy players to leave especially Lamps and Terry. We are seeing now that Carvalho is angry because Terry is earning more than him. I have a general rule that I would like Chelsea to sell any player who makes unreasonable wage demands.

Infact, they should let that motherphocker rot in reserves for a season, let me see which club is going to give 150,000 a week to a 31 year old for 4 years. Greedy bastard! He is always kissing the badge but he and Terry are the greediest bastards at Chelsea.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dyabman(m): 10:11am On Jul 14, 2008
Not easy to be an english player always pampered
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by samobaba(m): 2:56pm On Jul 14, 2008
am a blues fan
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dyabman(m): 4:16pm On Jul 14, 2008
Lampard fears fans backlash at Chelsea
tribalfooball.com - July 14, 2008

Frank Lampard fears a backlash from Chelsea fans over his contract row.

The Daily Express says Lampard fears a backlash from Chelsea fans angry at his refusal to sign the £140,000-a-week, four-year deal the club have put on the table.

A source close to the player said: "Frank has had seven wonderful years at the club and does not want to sour relations with Chelsea fans.

"But he fears if he is forced to remain at the club he is going to be given a hard time by some supporters because of the breakdown in talks. What Chelsea fans have to understand, is the club has refused to offer him the five-year deal he wants, and he has always said that if he could not finish his playing career at Chelsea he would like to try his luck abroad.

"Hooking up with Jose Mourinho again is too good an opportunity for him to resist."

Lamps, i love and admire u so much. I have not recovered from the agony of losing excellent Robben to Real Madrid due to lack of business savvy by the men at Chelsea. Please don't add to my grief by going to Inter. I have been hard on the big heads at Chelsea over the contract row u have with them. Iam on your side all the way but please for the sake of me and all Chelsea fans the world over, don't go. please accept their 4 years contract extention. I believe when it expires, they will give you more. Lamps, don't break our hearts. we love u too much to lose u to Inter. Dont be afraid. We understand the situation. There is not going to be any backlash from us especially if u sign now and lower our temperatures that are very high. Please, Lamps, do this for the sake of Chelsea fans.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dyabman(m): 4:21pm On Jul 14, 2008
samobaba:

am a blues fan

You welcome
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 6:18pm On Jul 14, 2008
Well, Man Utd have signed Berbatov from Spurs for 28m. Inter also signed Mancini from Roma for 10m last week. I would have loved both players at the Bridge.

Mr Dyabman, read this:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/article-23516079-details/Cech+claims+Lamps+is+staying+at+Chelsea/article.do

[center]Cech claims Lamps is staying at Chelsea[/center]
Simon Johnson

Petr Cech today claimed Chelsea have won their bid to keep Frank Lampard at the club for next season. Although the midfielder wants to be reunited with former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan, his goalkeeping team-mate believes he will remain at Stamford Bridge.

Lampard is out of contract next summer and although Chelsea have offered a four-year deal worth £140,000 a week, the England international wants a further season, which Inter are prepared to give.

With talks having stalled, Chelsea are determined he sees out the last 12 months of his contract and turned down a £7.95million from the Italian champions last week.

Reports yesterday claimed Lampard had resigned himself to staying for the coming season and then leaving on a free transfer next term.

Inter haven't given up resolving the situation, but Cech is adamant Lampard will be part of new manager Luiz Felip Scolari's revolution.

Talking about Scolari's plans for next term, the Czech international told website Sport.cz said: "To be honest, I don't have much information about changes in the squad.

"Of course, I know about coach Luiz Felipe Scolari, Deco and I know that Chelsea have succeeded in keeping Frank Lampard, which is extremely important."

The news will disappoint Patrick Vieira, who wants Lampard to join him at the San Siro.

The former Arsenal midfielder said: "He is a fantastic player and you want to play with players of that class."

Meanwhile, Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck has assured assistant manager Steve Clarke he has a long-term future at the club. Clarke has been part of the backroom staff at Chelsea for eight years, but has enjoyed a more significant role since Mourinho took over as manager in 2004.

The 44-year-old, who also played as a right-back at the club for 11 years, was unsure if he would have a position following the appointment of Scolari.

The Brazilian has brought the trusted aides he worked with while in charge of Portugal and Brazil in Carlos Pracidelli, Flavio Teixeira and Darlan Schneider to Stamford Bridge.

Clarke was considering his future earlier in the summer, but Scolari and the Chelsea hierarchy are aware of his strong relationship with the players as well as his all-round abilities.

The Scot has already agreed to stay on for this season, but Buck believes this is just the start of his working relationship with Scolari. He said: "Steve is Chelsea Football Club through and through. He has been at the club in a coaching role for a long time, even before he took the job with Mourinho.

"We have the greatest respect for Steve and he has met with Felipe a number of times. They are getting along fine and I'm optimistic that he will be an important part of Felipe's coaching staff this season and in the future." Buck is also confident that Chelsea will bounce back from failing to win a trophy for the first time in four years last season to add more silverware to the trophy cabinet.

Chelsea finished runners-up to Manchester United in the Premier and Champions League, but Buck added: "I'm always excited about a new season, but I'm really optimistic at how well we will do. Time will tell, but I think this will be a very successful season for the club.

"I can look back on the Champions League Final and say we almost did it. I'm very proud of what the boys did and it has given us more confidence about the future. Hopefully we will be back for the final in Rome this season."
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:51pm On Jul 14, 2008
Terry earning so much can be linked by management's mistake in the wages of Ballack and Shevy. Lampard and Terry were happy until RA and co started interfering with JM's signing. Lampard and Terry never complained about their wages until Ballack and Shevy.

Please who knows what our Manager is doing?

ManUtd supposedly has a new and great striker, Arsenal is signing youngsters, what do we have?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 11:17pm On Jul 14, 2008
I am not in support of any overpaid player no mata who he is. . . I wonder how Arsenal am ManU keep good squads and still manage not to have sky-high wages. . .

@Ibime.

I sure do not like Lamps style . . . however, what I will not accept from any Chelsea fan is to back up Lamps contribution to the team with Stats. . . I watch Lamps with my eyes. . and can tell you that for sure he scores goals (lots of them) but those assists are not what you think . . . I consider an assist "a delibrate attempt to release a player on goal". . . . Which clearly Lamps does not possess. . . . only players like Deco and Ballack have such qualities. . . His assists (Lamp's )most times are not delibrate and also not manufactured by the abundance of some passing skill in him. .

Well, unfortunately like you pointed out Deco and Ballack do not score as much as he doesat the same time I am not one of those that think we will miss his goals. .
Some Chelsea fans actually think Chelsea will never reach the top three because they do some mathematical calculations and arrive at a season's goal tally less Lampard's goals. . What nonsense. .
How did ManU arrive at being the best scoring side after selling RVN? How did Arsenal stay on top for most of last season after selling Henry? The same goes for Chelsea. . . Usually the team is setup to play a style that suites the skill of the highest goal scorer in the team. . with great Tacticians in the side, the team formation changes when that player leaves. . simple . . Ronaldo is ranting about leaving, I hear ManU fans saying F him . . . let him go manu will bounce back. . bloody hell this guy scored 42 goals last season !!!!!

------------------------------------------------Cech--------------------------------------------------------

-----Bosingwa------------Carvalho----------------------Terry------------------------------Cole----

--------------------------------------------Essien-----------------------------------------------

-----------------------Deco-------------------------------------------Ballack---------------------

-----Cole/Kalou/Robinho/Ribery-------------------------------Cole/Kalou/Robinho/Ribery

--------------------------------------------Striker----------------------------------------------

My point is Deco and Ballack finding some partnership in midfield in a formation like this could even help us become a better fluid and scoring side. . . without absolute dependence on a single source of goals. . better passing footie could even help Kalou and Joe find forms they never found before. It could help Sheva and Anelka find scoring forms they haven't achievedand that is not to say we might even be signing one more attacking player . . it could be VDV, Diego, Ratikic, Arshavin or even or young player like Kakuta forced to do a fabregas. . . what ever it is Lampard will not and I stress will not be missed. . except some Chelsea fans are praying that the Club gets relegated all so they can say I TOLD YOU. . . I am a team fan not a player fan . . players come and go but CHELSEA remains for life!!!!!

Point made.

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.