Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,363 members, 7,864,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:24 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (290308 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 7:23pm On Aug 24, 2008
cabali:

A very embarrasing game, soon wigan is going to be a constant issue for us. I do not know what happened to us. Even Scolari knows it was hell.

You don't lead the premiership with such game played

I did not think it was that bad. . . I do not expect us to play fancy till the end of the season. . Remember the mark of champions is to be able to gring out results even when we are not playing well. . .

Can we win the league with one or two performances like that? Hell yeah!!!!
If we played this type of match last year we would be praising the boys. . let's not make a mistake comparing every match we play henceforth with the training session we had against portsmouth. . . this is the premiership and teams have come out to play.

I take the flipping 3pts and I am glad seating on the top of the table . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 7:27pm On Aug 24, 2008
debosky:

those two statements sound contradictory to me - how can you appeal to a 'as wide an audience base as possible' and offer 'myopic views' at the same time? Is offering a myopic view not the exact opposite to appealing to a wide audience base? undecided

It is myopic cos it is too Anglocentric.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Hannibal: 7:28pm On Aug 24, 2008
@ Nateevs,

What happened to the Samba stylee y'all were displaying last weekend.
You guys are lucky Wigan couldn't convert tonnes of their golden chances.
Petr Cech saved y'all butts or else. . . . . . . . . . . .
Now i know the battle of the bridge swings towards Man Utd.
I am confident Chelsea's long unbeated run at SB would come to an END this season.
The oracle has spoken. tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Cristalz(f): 7:50pm On Aug 24, 2008
Lol. If it wasn't for Deco's free-kick,game woulda ended in a goalless draw.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 7:56pm On Aug 24, 2008
nateevs:

You still did not tell me if you meant TECHNICALLY GIFTED or ADAPTABILITY. .
Maka is highly technical and can't play any other role than his role.

So if hargreaves can play the right it does not make him more technically gifted than any other who can't rather more adaptable.

Gerrard is not technically gifted or intelligent enough to play as a conventional midfielder in a 4-4-2. The fact that he is not adaptable is just the final nail in his coffin as far as his England career is concerned. No manager would trust him as a conventional midfielder in a 4-4-2, that is why Benitez always give him the role that requires the least discipline, behind the main striker with Alonso and Mascherano sitting behind him. That is why McLaren was begging Paul Scholes to come out of retirement to control England's midfield for him. Gerrard is only suited to playing at the top of a 5 man midfield. . . . and that, I admit he does very well, even better than Lampard. . . . but since England only play 4-4-2 and he is not adaptable, that is the nail in his coffin.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 10:00pm On Aug 24, 2008
Hannibal:

@ Nateevs,

What happened to the Samba stylee y'all were displaying last weekend.
You guys are lucky Wigan couldn't convert tonnes of their golden chances.
Petr Cech saved y'all butts or else. . . . . . . . . . . .
Now i know the battle of the bridge swings towards Man Utd.
I am confident Chelsea's long unbeated run at SB would come to an END this season.
The oracle has spoken. tongue

You can't take a team that plays route-one football and get them playing samba for the next 38 matches. .
time after time they will stumble. . things won't go right.
This is the 2nd time Deco's playing alongside Ballack and Lamps in a league . . ever
and the very first time he's playing with an Essien in a league matches. .
Deco is used to anticipating the intelligence of Iniesta and Messi. .
now he has to understand how Joe cole runs. .
Even with the supposed bad display, wee still saw spells of good display
Things will shapen up. . players will get to know themselves. . though mistakes will be made, bad games witnessed. .
but one thing is sure. . . The mentality to win and win with good display and win big has come to stay because the mentality comes from the LFS. .

Break SB record? You are kidding right . .
I tell you what . . .  The transfer window is still open you can still get Kaka, Berbatov and Diego. You'l need all the help you can get. .

Cristalz:

Lol. If it wasn't for Deco's free-kick,game woulda ended in a goalless draw.

Imagine this. .
Did we hire Deco? We bloody paid for him . .
Not for Deco. . . not for Cech . . not for LFS. .
Those guys are doing their flipping job. .
You hating ? Let's see aw you pick 3pts against pompey then come back com gist me.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Hannibal: 10:44pm On Aug 24, 2008
nateevs:

Break SB record? You are kidding right . .
I tell you what . . . The transfer window is still open you can still get Kaka, Berbatov and Diego. You'l need all the help you can get. .

Kaka, Diego and Berbatov??
Did we need this high calibre of players to spank y'all in Moscow??
We won the European double without these prima donnas so be rest assured we would spank y'all if we have to.
Pompey?? Rooney-Tevez-Anderson-Hargreaves-Brazilian twins??
2-0 win. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by papadims: 10:51pm On Aug 24, 2008
dont be too over confident hannibal, portsmouth might just suprise you guyz. i wish KANU would be fit enough to deal with ferdinard and vidic.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 11:14pm On Aug 24, 2008
You need to re-think the word "SPANK". .
Plus I ain't talking about Moscow. .
I am talking about a fortress. . .
and you might need a fortified coaching crue to pull that one off. .
even if LFS combined forces with Alex. . against his own team while our players coach themselves. . you still need more help. . Kaka, Berbatov and Diego. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dyabman(m): 11:14am On Aug 25, 2008
Ibime wetin be ur point , i never go there go cherck self, im too busy,
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dyabman(m): 11:30am On Aug 25, 2008
I hate criticizing Anelka but at the same time i think that if there is pressure on him he might just wake up and deliver.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dyabman(m): 11:34am On Aug 25, 2008
[b]I think yesterdays game proved that Chelsea need a good defensive midfielder in the side to give the creative balance a chance. We sorely missed Jon Obi Mikel in this role which allowed Wigan to pressurise us unduly. Essien although an exceptional player is NOT the answer in this position. If Mikel is injured I would like to see Scolari give Ricky Carvalho a chance in this role. I think our intellegent central defender would excel in the position as his defensive positional sense is brilliant yet he is also extremely effective carrying the ball forward. Personally I would have liked to have seen Carvalho in the 'Maka' role yesterday with Alex taking his central defensive place. Essien should have played his normal position for 45 mins and then replaced by Lamps OR Ballack from the bench. We obviously can't play Lamps, Ballack, Essien and Deco again as it simply does not work! Deco is a must as is Essien (in his normal position) when fit. With a seperate DM (Mikel or Ricky or possibly Ivanovich) Lamps and Ballack need to share the 4th midfielder spot depending on who is fit/training the best.[/b]
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 12:18pm On Aug 25, 2008
Yeah I agree. It has to be Lamps or Ballack. Essien, Deco and Mikel automatically collect a shirt. At this moment, Ballack should be chilling on the bench till we have an injury.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by doyin13(m): 12:24pm On Aug 25, 2008
Yep . .I agree with the above points.

Question is. . does Scolari have the marbles??
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 1:54pm On Aug 25, 2008
doyin13:

Yep . .I agree with the above points.

Question is. . does Scolari have the marbles??

Sure Scolari has the guts to do what is right. Scolari is one of the few coaches in this world who think Quaresma is a hype and he benches him . . but as with all new managers in a different league (his case being perculiar - not having managed a european team before), he needs to start safely, pick up points and with the players playing under intense pressure form the co premiership teams he begin the know how does what best. . He's got what it takes to deliver all them trophies. I believe in him.

I will like to see Ivanovic of all take up that role. I defer to all on one point though I prefer to see Ballack in an LFS setup than Essien.
Reason is: quite right Ballack has not got the legs Essien has got but Ballack is a better all round player than Essien is.
Intelligent (not saying Essien isn't). . . . great passing ability( check the final ball to Jole Cole against pompey for 1st goal Essien can't do that.) . . . can score from dead ball situations (check out free-kicks he sored last season) . . . big threat in the air and he keeps the passing game flowing.

As harsh as it seems Essien is the one of our entire midfielders that will be a victim of his versatility. Not being particularly excellent at a particular role is sometimes a problem and I think LFS has seen that and he won't play as many games as will Deco, Lamp, Mikel and Ballack.

I love Essien but have we ever asked ourselves this question what is it that Essien does best?.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 2:09pm On Aug 25, 2008
chacal,

it's totally pointless engaging u in an argument !
you were ranting all over Nairaland how C.Ronaldo is best in the world just because he scored more goals than every other person !!!
only for you to come and post this shitzo !!

Goals are not the TRUE TEST of comparing midfielders, stop arguing like an amateur.

wonders shall never end !
Akola always had a static opinion for you; 93% of them are true !  tongue
maybe we'll have to bookmark your bases of argument before indulging you ! reference !!!
pray tell; how do u compare players

nateevs,

[url=http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1373249,00.html]I wonder how u missed Fabio on TOSCFC  cool[/url]

criztals,
if not for fletcher's goal, manutd woulda lost !!  tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Hannibal: 3:05pm On Aug 25, 2008
@ Wormedup,

Shut your beer-drinking mouth before i whack ur cheeks. tongue

Is Ronaldo your conventional midfielder??
Go and check his stats last season and check the number of assists or crosses he made in the whole season.
Rooney stays more on the flanks than Ronaldo does. . . . .
Fergie gives him a free role to drift everywhere so knock out Ronaldo's goals.
Besides, he is not a central midfielder like Lampard-Gerrard.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by gyara2(m): 3:22pm On Aug 25, 2008
is just alot of blueuns ar busy on d other section, if nt there wont b enough space to contain d fans so arsenal, man u, liver-pool abi na shaki or whatever names u called urself ds section if only for chelseans unless if u want to convert then u'r wellcome in to d heartbeat of england and d entire universe club.

D greatest and d biggest football fans in d whole universe is blues, so mukina abi na muki, under18, i strongly sdvise u stay off this side.

Like i said alot of us ar nt aware of thread.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by gyara2(m): 3:30pm On Aug 25, 2008
if u'r nt a chelsean pls go and look for ur club, we dont need ur suggestion or baseless argument here i beg, haba se na by force? i beg make u na go
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 4:58pm On Aug 25, 2008
jackie chan,

stop smoking ur pubic hair !
ronaldo had 6 assists on the league last season; what's so spectacular about that ?

nani had 9, go figure !!
and u just confirmed my assertations on u; please define ur argument !!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Hannibal: 5:09pm On Aug 25, 2008
@ Wormedup,

I think u have downed several bottles of STAR today. . . .

U have just re-affirmed what i was trying to tell u.
Ronaldo never really stayed on the flanks throughout last season. . . .He was not a conventional winger last season.
Rooney(striker) had more assists than Ronaldo so that should tell u the roles have been reversed.
All i am saying is. . . . . Strikers are judged by goals but midfielders shouldn't be judged by goals(scoring goals is only a bonus).
Makelele is arguably the best midfielder in the world. . . . . .How many goals did he score at Chelsea compared to Lampard or Essien??
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2008
@Wormy

It's amazing how I missed it. . . . I didn't know he signed. That now makes 8 portuguese speaking fellas at the club. Wow!!!!!. . Good stuff.

Meanwhile was Sheva that bad that no one noticed he's left Chelsea?. . Not heard anyone talk about his Milan move.
SWP might be out to everton on monday even though a particular website can reveal he is already an everton player. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 7:01pm On Aug 25, 2008
We already dealt with Sheva's transfer 2 days ago.

We also dealt with Paim's transfer on Thursday.

What is this SWP stuff?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by cabali(m): 7:11pm On Aug 25, 2008
What's Jackal's new ID? I know he is here somewhere with a new one
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 9:14pm On Aug 25, 2008
nateevs:

I will like to see Ivanovic of all take up that role. I defer to all on one point though I prefer to see Ballack in an LFS setup than Essien.
Reason is: quite right Ballack has not got the legs Essien has got but Ballack is a better all round player than Essien is.
Intelligent (not saying Essien isn't). . . . great passing ability( check the final ball to Jole Cole against pompey for 1st goal Essien can't do that.) . . . can score from dead ball situations (check out free-kicks he sored last season) . . . big threat in the air and he keeps the passing game flowing.

As harsh as it seems Essien is the one of our entire midfielders that will be a victim of his versatility. Not being particularly excellent at a particular role is sometimes a problem and I think LFS has seen that and he won't play as many games as will Deco, Lamp, Mikel and Ballack.

I love Essien but have we ever asked ourselves this question what is it that Essien does best?.

Essien plays the law of percentages. . . over time, he will create more chances for Chelsea than Ballack. . . . plus he provides width on the right hand side of that midfield diamond. . . . Ballack on the right is not so effective. . . . I can just imagine the havoc that Essien and Bosingwa will cause down that right-wing. . . . Ballack can play at home but Essien must play away. We need his darting runs and physical strength in those games.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dayokanu(m): 9:32pm On Aug 25, 2008
@hannibal,
By the statements you made below you have agreed that Rooney is a failure.

[b]Rooney(striker) [/b]had more assists than Ronaldo so that should tell u the roles have been reversed.
All i am saying is. . . . . [b]Strikers are judged by goals [/b]but midfielders shouldn't be judged by goals
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Hannibal: 10:48pm On Aug 25, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

U need to shut up ur mouth.
Does Rooney play as a centre forward or why is the simplest sentence gets difficult for ur nappy head.
Are u mentally derailed or the symptoms of a MID-LIFE CRISIS. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dayokanu(m): 2:50am On Aug 26, 2008
@Jackal,

Is Raul a center forward? Is Podolski a center forward? Id Del Piero a center forward? In the French set up, Is Henry a center forward?

You know when you have a failure on your hand thats when you start cooking up excuses like he is a humble guy, He has nice hair cuts, He helps in the defense. etc.

What do you make of a goalkeeper that scores 20 goals in a season but fails woefully in what he was supposed to do primarily? Conceeding 150goals in a season? That Keeper is a failure

Rooney(striker) had more assists than Ronaldo so that should tell u the roles have been reversed.
All i am saying is. . . . .
Strikers are judged by goals
but midfielders shouldn't be judged by goals

Rooney create goals? How many assist does he have for England vis-a-vis the games he played?

This quote solves the mystery.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 8:33am On Aug 26, 2008
jackal,

tell akola to send u manutd's 2007/2008 season review.
when you're done watching it come back here and talk to me.
are you the only one blind to the fact that cristiano is only effective from the flanks ?
Hannibal:

@ Wormedup,

I think u have downed several bottles of STAR today. . . .

You have just re-affirmed what i was trying to tell u.
Ronaldo never really stayed on the flanks throughout last season. . . .He was not a conventional winger last season.
All i am saying is. . . . . Strikers are judged by goals but midfielders shouldn't be judged by goals(scoring goals is only a bonus).
Makelele is arguably the best midfielder in the world. . . . . .How many goals did he score at Chelsea compared to Lampard or Essien??
was rooney the winger last season ?
keep twisting and turning, u'll eventually snap a rib or two !
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 10:18am On Aug 26, 2008
Sheva passed his medicals!

Confirmed ex-Chelsea player
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 2:27pm On Aug 26, 2008
Don't mind Jackal. He has been hating on Ronaldo since Ronaldo said he wants to leave their rubbish team.

Nigga, Ronaldo scores WAYYYYY more than Rooney - and he does it mostly from the wing, except the last few games of last season where he played striker - unlike Rooney who is upfront and missing goals wily nily.

Your beloved Wayne Rooney can never compare to Ronaldo. Soon as Ronaldo leaves, Man Utd is finished!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Hannibal: 4:11pm On Aug 26, 2008
Ibime:

Don't mind Jackal. He has been hating on Ronaldo since Ronaldo said he wants to leave their rubbish team.

Hate on Ronaldo?? No way. Ronaldo is Man Utd's property and i'm a United fan. Blimey, I pay his fucking wages!!!!
However, it's only natural for me to put y'all PLASTIC FANS in your place not to get things mixed up.
So Man Utd is now a rubbish team?? I am having a laugh.
Last time i checked, we won the European double while CHELSEA finished trophyless. Now which is the rubbish team??

Nigga, Ronaldo scores WAYYYYY more than Rooney - and he does it mostly from the wing, except the last few games of last season where he played striker - unlike Rooney who is upfront and missing goals wily nily.

With the limited number of apperances Rooney had last season(24 league starts), penalties/freekicks taken out of it, It is very normal for Ronaldo to score more than Rooney. When the both of em were FIT penultimate season, they banged 23 goals each despite Wazza missing 3 games at the start of the season due to the RED he saw at the Amsterdam tournament. Rooney is the reason Ronaldo triumphs. He is a grafter!!!!

Your beloved Wayne Rooney can never compare to Ronaldo. Soon as Ronaldo leaves, Man Utd is finished!

Time will tell if Ronaldo can function WITHOUT Wayne Rooney/Tevez who do the dirty work, tracks back and grafts.
By the time the ball gets to the opponents danger area, the duo aint there to do the simple tap-ins thus giving Ronaldo(I AM THE ONE) the simple task of finishing off.

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.