Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. (52158 Views)

Introducing The Nylon Skinny Wears. New Style Of Going Nakéd (photo / Is Skinny Beautiful? / Skinny Jeans On Men: Cool Or Not Cool? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by na2day2(m): 2:24am On May 01, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

So what are the procedures?

If we're going to pray, why does the book in your hand say "Playboy Mansion"?

ha! i see u have a copy too grin grin grin grin
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by Nobody: 2:25am On May 01, 2009
rotflmao grin grin
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by na2day2(m): 2:51am On May 01, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

rotflmao grin grin

wink wink wink wink
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 08, 2009
Skinny is okay sha,
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by oyinda3(f): 5:09am On Jul 11, 2009
oh you can be skinny and have a huge tummy. i've seen that before and no she wasn't pregnant. lol

funny topic
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 08, 2009
Skinny really is okay, You dont have to deal with hypertension, obesity and the likes, Stay trim!
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by Mimicole(f): 9:49am On Dec 11, 2009
@poster i feel u almost completely except 4 d kwarshiokor part. I used 2 b very skinny n felt i looked very sick all d time, even though my friends encouraged me by tellin me i look perfectly normal i couldn't b consoled because i kept hearing d 'are u normal? part, n 2 God i hated it. Couldn't wear d clothes i like eg sleeveless nos cos i felt i'll just b exposin my skinny arms. And 2 worsen tins i ate like a bum 2 no avail, stil had d potholes on my neck. Redemption came wen i got pregnant after my wedding, i began 2 c my body parts develop beautifully like my flat ass began 2 potrude n my hips enlarged my arms nw had little flesh, it remained after i put 2 bed. And 2 crown it my tommy responded 2 d various exercises n remained flat. So nw i have my dream figure n i intend 2 keep it. I nw wear flatterin clothes 2 flaunt my new figure n i get approvals every where i go.

1 Like

Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 18, 2009
@Mimicole
Am so happy for u darling, U knw, I sometimes have issues on what to wear, I dnt always want to wear sleeveless cos den, It'd bo obvious am rili slim, But sometimes, ShooT! I cant kill myself o, I'd still have to wear dem, Only fn is, I have a marvelous figure dat I totally adore, The whole womanly curves, And den, I am good to go thanks to ma pretty face and my cool personality, You go girl. Can't wait to be married and then pregnant so I can add some! XoXo,
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by Sissy3(f): 1:34am On Dec 19, 2009
jaylinaa:

@Mimicole
Am so happy for u darling, U knw, I sometimes have issues on what to wear, I dnt always want to wear sleeveless cos den, It'd bo obvious am rili slim, But sometimes, ShooT! I cant kill myself o, I'd still have to wear dem, Only fn is, I have a marvelous figure dat I totally adore, The whole womanly curves, And den, I am good to go thanks to ma pretty face and my cool personality, You go girl. Can't wait to be married and then pregnant so I can add some! XoXo,

and then you will more worried about losing the baby "fat" and getting back in shape. my dear berra be careful of what you wish for oo shocked shocked tongue
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 25, 2009
~Sissy~:

and then you will more worried about losing the baby "fat" and getting back in shape. my dear berra be careful of what you wish for oo shocked shocked tongue
Hehe, Abi, But a lil flesh wudnt hurt na, wink.
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by sashaa(f): 2:05am On Jul 08, 2010
I'm real skinny oh, and in naija smhow u just look odd. Can't even wear some type of clothes i luv like sleevless, tiny straps or tube!
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by InkedNerd(f): 7:59am On Jul 08, 2010
sashaa:

I'm real skinny oh, and in naija smhow u just look odd. Can't even wear some type of clothes i luv like sleevless, tiny straps or tube!

Why not? Those clothes were designed for girls like you. I'm tall and skinny and I LOVE it, people here in NY assume your some sort of model when they see a tall skinny girl grin. My sister goes to a fashion design school here in NY and all the black and hispanic girls are all going crazy trying trying to be skinny [just for the sake of fashion undecided].
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by sashaa(f): 2:55pm On Jul 08, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Why not? Those clothes were designed for girls like you. I'm tall and skinny and I LOVE it, people here in NY assume your some sort of model when they see a tall skinny girl grin. My sister goes to a fashion design school here in NY and all the black and hispanic girls are all going crazy trying trying to be skinny [just for the sake of fashion undecided].
yeah, u are ryt but things are different here in Nigeria. And where i stay(d eastern part) its even worse. U'v got 2 have some flesh before u can be seen as good looking. To folks here, skinny means hungry and unhealthy!
I'm tall also at about 5ft 9".
If i were in a city like urs, i'll prolly be very comfortable with my body :-(
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 08, 2010
slim girls are da bomb, sexy and smarter, im slim and beautiful and i like it dat way,
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by InkedNerd(f): 7:41pm On Jul 08, 2010
sashaa:

yeah, u are ryt but things are different here in Nigeria. And where i stay(d eastern part) its even worse. U'v got 2 have some flesh before u can be seen as good looking. To folks here, skinny means hungry and unhealthy!
I'm tall also at about 5ft 8.5".
If i were in a city like urs, i'll prolly be very comfortable with my body :-(

You know, I remember telling someone here in NY not too long ago that in western society, my body would be considered beautiful but in Nigeria that I'd be "ugly" [not exactly the word I was looking for but I think get what I'm trying to say]. Even my own family picks on me about my weight. Its not like its my fault. I can't gain weight to save my life grin. But I don't care. I think I look hot. I can fit into clothes and can wear just about anything. One thing that does bother me though is when I'm with my guy [he's not officially my boyfriend yet], he's Ghanaian and sometimes I get the feeling that he wants to be with a "thicker" girl. Anyway, I still love my skinny body no matter what. And you should feel comfortable about your body no matter what size it is.
Oh and I noticed, what is considered skinny in Nigeria, isn't skinny in western society [just an observation] wink
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by Sissy3(f): 1:53am On Jul 09, 2010
sashaa

have you tried gaining weight? i mean, put effort into it?
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by sashaa(f): 2:56pm On Jul 10, 2010
~Sissy~:

sashaa

have you tried gaining weight? i mean, put effort into it?
i have tried but thing is, it takes me weeks of eating plenty food and lots of rest to gain any kg at all. And then few days of stress, i just lose it all over again! Its frustrating!
sad
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by sashaa(f): 4:20pm On Jul 10, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

You know, I remember telling someone here in NY not too long ago that in western society, my body would be considered beautiful but in Nigeria that I'd be "ugly" [not exactly the word I was looking for but I think get what I'm trying to say]. Even my own family picks on me about my weight. Its not like its my fault. I can't gain weight to save my life  grin. But I don't care. I think I look hot. I can fit into clothes and can wear just about anything. One thing that does bother me though is when I'm with my guy [he's not officially my boyfriend yet], he's Ghanaian and sometimes I get the feeling that he wants to be with a "thicker" girl. Anyway, I still love my skinny body no matter what. And you should feel comfortable about your body no matter what size it is.
Oh and I noticed, what is considered skinny in Nigeria, isn't skinny in western society [just an observation] wink

oh, my boyfriend isn't bothered at all. He likes skinny. wink grin
U are right with d observation. Cos i see some american movies where even slim girls(by nigerian standards, lol) think they are fat!
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by InkedNerd(f): 2:02am On Jul 11, 2010
@ Sashaa

I don't think you should try to gain weight. Be proud of the way you are. I don't think you should be going out of your way to fit into other people's perception of beauty. As long as your happy with the way you are, then that's all that matters.

And to all those men that try to make women feel bad about their bodies, SHAME ON YOU!!!
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by whiteroses(f): 8:35pm On Jul 14, 2010
i was a skinny chid too and still am, but when i hit 20 my hip and chest wasnt so slim but you can still tell i'm a skinny person
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by oyinda3(f): 9:26pm On Jul 14, 2010
^ dats what we call late puberty lipsrsealed
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by whiteroses(f): 10:32pm On Jul 14, 2010
oyinda.:

^ dats what we call late puberty lipsrsealed
lol.cheeky monkey
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by oyinda3(f): 10:35pm On Jul 14, 2010
hahhah just messing with ya
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by lepasharon(f): 1:47am On Apr 20, 2011
@ poster i can relate 2 ur post well well! grin specially d down part, There r so many things i cant wear because ov dis figure ov mine. i dare not wear short sleeve and leggins and short skirt because dat will just give ppl a shock! i also have 2 wear shorts under trousers 2 kinda make it look fuller. embarassed skinny girls must nt wear clothes dat r too big or ttoo tight it has 2 just sit right. im 5ft3.but i do appreciate d way God made me, skinny girls dnt need 2 worry about high blood pressure and heart disease nd 2 much cholestorel we r helthier we can just eat wateva cos we kno d aint coming lol wink evrybody appreciate d way God made yu cos regreting is lyk taking revenge against him nd He values us very much
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by InkedNerd(f): 8:42am On Apr 20, 2011
@OP: Over all, I have no idea where you got this info from but a lot of it seems to be based on what you've probably experienced. No offense but you don't speak for all of us. Not all of us feel the way you do tongue
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by Sasamae: 2:36am On Sep 27, 2011
I was born skinny, stick-like and small. All my life people ask if i'm anorexic, and some larger girls even ask what diet i'm on.
Of course i'm grateful that I never have to diet or go to the gym to keep my figure, but I still exercise regularly because I want muscle tone.
Sure everyone says its good to be thin because all the clothes are made for your size, but have you actually considered the people you can't fit into those clothes because they can't gain any weight? There is a fitting problem on the other end of the scale as well.

I have been trying to gain weight for a year now, like ACTUAL FAT. I have virtually none, so I get cold really easily. I was always in a low weight range. When I was 11 I weighed 20 kilos. My 2 year old sister weighed 12 at the time. She was more that half my weight.

I secretly began to eat more fatty foods, like splurging out on chips and cheeses. Didn't change a thing. I only got my first period 2 months ago, and I'm 15, and only weigh 48 kilos. I can't even fit a AA bra, im still wearing crop-tops and singlets with elastic in them. I've been mistaken for an eight year old so many times its not even funny. (although I can pass as a child for fairs and conventions and stuff so my ticket is always cheap grin ) I'm still wearing children's clothes, and all the clothes I buy from shops like Supre and Sportsgirl are always at the smallest xxs, and they're still too big.

So if you think its good to be skinny, think again. Because not everyone is 'perfectly' skinny.
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by lepasharon(f): 2:11am On Sep 28, 2011
girl i feel you!!^
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by lepasharon(f): 6:32pm On Sep 30, 2011
tired of being called smallie!
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by tashanja(m): 8:53pm On Oct 02, 2011
@Sasamae:
You have nothing to worry about, at 15 you are still not out puberty and still growing. Therefore, just enjoy your youth and I am sure by the time you are married and start having kids your problems may even be quite the opposite. Believe me there are far more fat people dying to be in your shoes right now, so feel blessed smiley

@Inked_Nerd:
Have been coming across your posts for quite some time (usually well balanced & quite intelligent) and along the way came up with this mental picture of a nerdy dumpy bispectacled girl, that kind of matched the persona of the person I imagined from your post; but never did it cross my mind that you would be quite the opposite shocked
BTW, if your bf should dare mess up eyeing or craving for a thicker babe, pls don't hesitate to drop him like a hot potato; I dey here for standby (a lepa with brains should never be single) cool wink cheesy

@ All skinny/slim babes:
PLs don't stress yourselves at all, slim is beautiful, why else do you think the advertisement industry is booming using images of beautiful slender women to sell several products; why not use orobo/fat chicks if they are all that?.
Also why are so many girls nearly killing themselves dieting trying to be like you? Just be proud of what you've got, don't even bother covering up (under long sleeves or long skirts) - just flaunt it, its all good.
There are many guys (like me) who love, admire and cherish your slimness, and we are in the majority.
Slim girls usually have first pick of the guys; just take a look at the clubs or parties and note kind of girls usually left sitting and last to be asked to the dance floor - need I say more lipsrsealed

As for me, a tall elegant lepa with brea.sts and slightly bow or straight legs is to die for, it don't matter whether dark or lightskinned - just be tall and slim cool cool tongue tongue wink wink cheesy cheesy
Lepa for life grin grin grin
Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 15, 2013
bettes: [color=#990000][/color]

Bros all this compliments wan take style resemble abuse!!!

Re: The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. by Fayvhur(f): 9:39pm On Feb 10, 2016
am 17 horribly thin and tall. I'm 6ft weighing 55kg. it's just plain horrible for me, ave learnt not to care. I don't care is the key for me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Dress A Lady Asked For VS What She Got / ~ How Long Do You Keep Your Weaves, Braids & Cornrows~ / Ladies Share Photos Of Cheap Dresses They Bought & Rocked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.