Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

A Marriage Lashed With Lies?! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Marriage Lashed With Lies?! (1010 Views)

Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? / Woman Mouth Lashed For Kneeling To Appreciate Her Husband Publicly? / The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Marriage Lashed With Lies?! by ula(f): 10:34am On Sep 05, 2008
recently, my hubby told me that while i was pregnant 4 him b4 he got married, another lady was also pregnant 4 him. ive been married for 4 years and have two kids. ive had a very turbulent marriage and im not saying its all his fault, im also 2 blame. i was sincere during our months of courtship and not 4 1 day did he tell me that someone was pregnant 4 him. now im at crossroads

before this revelation, i was contemplating a separation till we could work things through - other issues like infidelity
now, do i go on a permanent separation cos i dont know what other secrets i may find, maybe he has a child outside?

can the church dissolve the marriage based on this information that was withheld?
Re: A Marriage Lashed With Lies?! by Anivara: 10:55am On Sep 05, 2008
Hey Ula,

I'm not sure what country you're in, but in the UK (and please seek legal advice to confirm this) a court can have a marraige annulled if it is proven that the marraige was entered into under false pretenses.

I suppose the non-disclosure of additional dependents could be considered. However before you go down that road, I think you should consider your posotion and really ask if seperation is what you really want,. I know you're hurt and i can't imagine how you must feel, but it's a hard slog out there and raising 3 kids by yourself is going to be tough.

I wish you the best
Re: A Marriage Lashed With Lies?! by TOYOSI20(f): 11:15am On Sep 05, 2008
U are definitely going through a very diffult time and I sympathize with u,

. . . . . . . I don't think the Church would want to dissolve any marriage,

most especially cos of the fact they ultimately want peace for their members and they strongly believe in

reconciliation, . . . . . If u want that then u can very well speak to the elders of the church.

But it sounds like u had initially contemplated separation before the recent revelation,

cos like u said the marriage had been turbulent, for sometime,. . . . . . I'll suggest u spend

sometime apart briefly, clear Ur head and really think about how much more u can take

from this man, and see if u still have any genuine feelings for him, and if he is willing to be

truthful to u hence forth, then see if u can find it in Ur heart to forgive him, and then u both can move from there, . . . . .

It's a gradual process and I don't think it'll be easy, . . . . .but I certainly wish u well.
Re: A Marriage Lashed With Lies?! by chisomquee: 12:58pm On Sep 05, 2008
My dear sis,i feel your pains, take out your time and talk with him, try and focus your life on your children ALL MEN ARE LIARS YOU DON'T NEED TO WASTE YOUR TIME THINKING ABOUT HIM,
Re: A Marriage Lashed With Lies?! by ssRhino: 1:00pm On Sep 05, 2008
chisomquee:

My dear sis,i feel your pains, take out your time and talk with him, try and focus your life on your children ALL MEN ARE LIARS YOU DON'T NEED TO WASTE YOUR TIME THINKING ABOUT HIM,

Sis. go to the nearest pharmacist and buy a pill called "chilling Pill" take it with lot of water and you will be fine.
I am sick and tired of "all men are lairs" have u dealt with all men?
Re: A Marriage Lashed With Lies?! by MissyB1(m): 1:38pm On Sep 05, 2008
Hehehehe.
Re: A Marriage Lashed With Lies?! by brownbonno(m): 2:16pm On Sep 05, 2008
Anivara:

Hey Ula,

I'm not sure what country you're in, but in the UK (and please seek legal advice to confirm this) a court can have a marraige annulled if it is proven that the marraige was entered into under false pretenses.
How do you describe PRETENCE in this scenario ?

@Poster,
Since you agreed that both of you have faults in the failing marriage.Why not have talk with your husband and think about what brought both of you together the first time"LOVE".If the love is still there you can reconcile and find a common ground to bring your love back to life.Remember there is no erfection in human nature,both a dogs play(u fall 4 me,i fall 4 u)can make your marriage a success.
Re: A Marriage Lashed With Lies?! by Outstrip(f): 4:36pm On Sep 05, 2008
brownbobo the love you are asking her to try and connect with in the first place was a false one. It was based on lies. She certainly does not want to go back to that. I am not saying that things cannot be worked out but when you say infidelity, who was unfaithful? You or him?
Re: A Marriage Lashed With Lies?! by Leilah(f): 7:17pm On Sep 05, 2008
yeah but your husband is married to YOU now. He could have went off and married the other one but he didn't. I wouldn't let that ruin my marriage.
Re: A Marriage Lashed With Lies?! by Akinagirl(f): 7:56am On Sep 06, 2008
Actually yeah, you can get your marriage annulled. Because you married under false pretenses. In other words the marriage can be treated as if it never existed.
Re: A Marriage Lashed With Lies?! by ima1(f): 9:34am On Sep 06, 2008
you both should sit and talk about it, if he is willing to change and you want to forgive him (prolly because of the kids) then you should speak to a counselor or your pastor, as for me, i cannot be with a man who would disrespect me enough to cheat on me, cuz seeing his face would remind me of what he did and the hatred would keep building up n i'll end up doing something bad to him

(1) (Reply)

Families Can Make N100,000 Before Christmas. Here Is How! Reach Me For More Info / Do Spirit Wives and Husbands Exist? / Opinion Poll For Married Men And Women Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.