Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Should Women Be Ordained To Head Churches And Mosques? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Women Be Ordained To Head Churches And Mosques? (3588 Views)

Poll: Should women be allowed to head churches and mosques?

Yes: 48% (15 votes)
No: 51% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

God Has Ordained Orji Kalu To Speak For The Igbo –prophet / Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader / Saint Dikeji Miyerijesu Nigeria's First Saint Ordained By God! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Women Be Ordained To Head Churches And Mosques? by ajia23(m): 10:55am On Jul 05, 2006
Reverend

I am still waiting,
Re: Should Women Be Ordained To Head Churches And Mosques? by olabowale(m): 11:31am On Jul 05, 2006
In Islam, the formulation of the private and public life of the practitioner has been set during the life time of the Noble Messenger, Muhammad Ibn Abdalla (SAW). You find the conduct of a true muslim and muslima being under the guidelineship of the Qur'an and the sunnah/hadith. Even the the all the derivitives like fatawah and ithjihad; acamedic discussions and its conclisions are all based in the above immensed sources of guidiance. THere was once an occurrence wher a woman led prayer in her own home during the life of the leader of Mankind, Muhammad (SAW). The noble Messenger (SAW), gave a permissssion to a woman of knowledge in lew of the absence of an able bodied male , the woman was to lead prayer, There was the call of the adhan by avery old man, who left immediately afterwards. The woman led the prayer, having in this one time occurance little boys and other women. Further it is a common practise that women can lead each other in a communial prayer. But the case of women is different from Men. Woman can pray in the house and it is equally rewarded as if she has prayed in the Masjid. The case of woman is the case of luxury as long as she meets a required standard, Please bear in mind that a true Muslim community does not presently exist, but you do have pockets of true muslim individuals and family and small community, but no large community or nation.
For the sake of this  topic, if a woman is to be a leader of the community, what happens to the affaairs of the community when she is in her monthly period and she is one of those individuals who experiences a great amount of pain and discomfort even sickness at this time. What happens when she is pregnant and she becomes sick and even can keep anything down in her stomach and she throws up. What happens if she has complications during pregnancies like tiredness, fatigue, sickness and she can even get up. What happens if she is a special case during this time of pregnancy, during the period of labor, delivery and nursing, etc. What if she is emotional, for women are very emotional compared to men. First, God Almighty did not raise any of His Prophets and Messengers (SAW) from the female gender. All of them are men, Adam, Idris, Noah, Ibrahiim, Moses, Jesus, etc and Muhammad the last of them (SAW) are all men. God knows the whole truth why He had done this and we can only know just a very tiny reason, some I have listed above. In all, Islam is not a religion that you can change the core quality of and any derivitives really must have an ancor to that two unchangeable sources; Qur'an and Sunnah/hadith. This is the reason, for example that you can not make salah in any other language and truly the recitation of the Qur'an is in the prestine Fusat Arabiyah language. Every one, inclusing the Arabs have to learn this. My fellow Human beings, Muslims and Non Muslims, Nigerians and Non Nigerians, the males and the females, young and old, Paradise is not cheap, the prerequisite of it is shrouded in sacrificing and deprivations. You must truly believe and worship God in the truest sense of it. On the other hand, Hell fire is very cheap to acquire. You may even buy it with your own money, but surely one goes to it because one has abandoned the true path and therefor God, the Only One who has the right to Punish or forgive is surely displeased.  In Islam, the woman has her place and the man has his place.
Re: Should Women Be Ordained To Head Churches And Mosques? by 4getme1(m): 2:20pm On Jul 05, 2006
olabowale:

Please bear in mind that a true Muslim community does not presently exist, but you do have pockets of true muslim individuals and family and small community, but no large community or nation.

First, let me commend you for your efforts, and I hope that more Muslims would contribute and enlighten the Forum about this issue and the place of women in Islam as in the sister thread to this one. But I must ask: what does it take for a true Muslim community to exist? When you say that no large community or nation exists, what then do you consider in the case of Pkistan, Iran and Saudi Arabia?

olabowale:

For the sake of this topic, if a woman is to be a leader of the community, what happens to the affaairs of the community when she is in her monthly period and she is one of those individuals who experiences a great amount of pain and discomfort even sickness at this time.

Well, in the evaluation of this point from an Islamic perspective, I believe that leadership cannot hindered by the pains or emotional stress a man or woman faces; and therefore should not be used as a yardstick for measuring their capabilities and inputs. Rather, it is how well they can handle such that counts.

olabowale:

First, God Almighty did not raise any of His Prophets and Messengers (SAW) from the female gender. All of them are men, Adam, Idris, Noah, Ibrahiim, Moses, Jesus, etc and Muhammad the last of them (SAW) are all men. God knows the whole truth why He had done this and we can only know just a very tiny reason, some I have listed above.

Well, I may suppose that is carried as far as Islamic tradition goes. However, we recognise a few women raised as prophetesses among God's people in the Bible - Deborah, the wife of Lappidoth (Judg. 4:4), and Anna, the daughter of Phanuel (Luke 2:36).

Interesting input all same, well done.
Re: Should Women Be Ordained To Head Churches And Mosques? by Rottweiler(m): 2:52pm On Jul 05, 2006
God created women with unique characteristics. For those that believe in the teachings of the bible, why support arguments like this one raised by cult members/non-believers/idol worshippers/etc? Head of churches are supposed to be spiritual leaders. Women were created with characteristics that disqualify them from such exalted positions. God has created everything uniquely as it suits him. Birds are created for the sky and snakes for the ground.
Re: Should Women Be Ordained To Head Churches And Mosques? by omo07(f): 4:55pm On Jul 05, 2006
nooo,
in the bible it says women shouldn't be pastors,

but it really depends on how u take it,

i'll try to find the bible verse
Re: Should Women Be Ordained To Head Churches And Mosques? by 4getme1(m): 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2006
Rottweiler:

God created women with unique characteristics. For those that believe in the teachings of the bible, why support arguments like this one raised by cult members/non-believers/idol worshippers/etc? Head of churches are supposed to be spiritual leaders. Women were created with characteristics that disqualify them from such exalted positions. God has created everything uniquely as it suits him. Birds are created for the sky and snakes for the ground.

I don't understand shocked shocked Are you saying that mlks_baby is a cult member/non-believers/idol worshippers/etc for raising the topic? I may be mistaken.

On the other hand, it would be interesting to read some of those qualities you offered as disqualifying women from such exalted positions.
Re: Should Women Be Ordained To Head Churches And Mosques? by shawna(f): 5:16pm On Jul 05, 2006
@ajia23
If horses were wishes, or is it if wishes were horses, then shawna will ride.

Re: Should Women Be Ordained To Head Churches And Mosques? by mrmayor(m): 7:07pm On Jul 05, 2006
Rottweiler:

God created women with unique characteristics. For those that believe in the teachings of the bible, why support arguments like this one raised by cult members/non-believers/idol worshippers/etc?
Technically speaking,there is no difference between a Cult,Sect,Church,Mosque or  any religion,because they all believe in the Supernatural.It doesn't matter what you believe in God,Allah or the Devil.

Rottweiler:

God has created everything uniquely as it suits him. Birds are created for the sky and snakes for the ground.

I don't suppose you have any problem being a pilot?
Re: Should Women Be Ordained To Head Churches And Mosques? by blueeye(f): 10:10am On Jul 06, 2006
should a woman be ordainend to head a churuch or mosques NO woman my dear the bible answer it all in 1cor 14:34 and35, Tim 2:12 to14 a woman cant not be the head of a church angry embarassed[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Should Women Be Ordained To Head Churches And Mosques? by Darkchild(m): 4:10pm On Jul 16, 2006
Nairalanders,

I believe the main reason why all this is happening around the world is simply because of the new phenomenum called 'political correctness'.

Infact the oyinbos have taken that 'P.C' to a new level. An e.g. - where I live, a primary school actually tried to change the rhyme, 'black, black black sheep, ' to 'rainbow rainbow rainbow sheep, '. How warped is that and all this in an effort not to offend the black race.

It is stated in the Holy books that women cannot head churches or lead prayers in mosques. Why try to change the 'scriptures' to suite the changing times. I dont think God intended that.
Religions should be able to withstand the test of time.

My 2kobo.
Re: Should Women Be Ordained To Head Churches And Mosques? by Gwaine(m): 4:33pm On Jul 16, 2006
Good point, Darkchild.
Re: Should Women Be Ordained To Head Churches And Mosques? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 01, 2009
And who was the Apostle of the apostles?Yeah,MARY MAGDALENE!

Who made her Apostle of Apostles? The bible is the same yesterday, 2day & 4ever. females are not to be ordained to head the church, the bilble is clear about that! we dont have to twist it. They can only be members of the ministry
Re: Should Women Be Ordained To Head Churches And Mosques? by afiq(m): 5:34am On Jan 30, 2010
Nope
Re: Should Women Be Ordained To Head Churches And Mosques? by viaro: 12:07pm On Jan 30, 2010
So, eh. . I guess there are some women who see (and know) all this and yet are celebrated in ordinations to be head of churches, no?

I'm just wondering about a recent one: 'Most Rev. M. E. Benson-Idahosa on her consecration and elevation to the office of the Archbishop, Church of God Mission International Incorporated'. How do these women interpret the verses cited such as blueeye did (1cor 14:34 and35, Tim 2:12 to14)??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wahala for who miss church @canaanland tomorrow / I Stopped Believing In Hell And Eternal Damnation / Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.