Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? (12326 Views)

NYSC Is Wasting Our Time With Their Inconsistency / NYSC Is A Waste Of Time? / Is Port Harcourt A Good Place To Do My Nysc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:14am On Jul 08, 2006
ishmael:

Shango, point of correction Kaduna is not a sharia state, even before 1999 the moslems had sharia courts to try cases based on islamic religion for muslims who wish o! (Penal code).Can a sharia state house giant Breweries? Impossible!!, because in a sharia land drinking of alcohol is prohibited. Kaduna has 2 giant Breweries which i know you don't know. Stop insinuating that kaduna is a sharia state. Its not true. You were even talking about Jos as being better in the north; have u forgotten the number of times people were killed in Jos and plateau state at large, and the declaration of state of emergency? Please get facts and figures before you talk. Every part of the country is now volatile and prune to crisis because of one reason or another.

But Ishmael is there not a brewery in Kano??
Re: NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? by ishmael(m): 10:46am On Jul 08, 2006
Which brewery do u have in kano? They dont brew alcohol in kano state. They import beer from kaduna and Jos breweries. find out from people who live in kano or lived in kano. Have you ever heard of NB plc kano before? or Guinness plc kano? But we have NB plc and IBBI in kaduna. We have breweries in Lagos, PH, Enugu and other southern states. Kano has NBC plc, makers of coca cola products.
Re: NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? by freelance(m): 11:38am On Jul 08, 2006
for your own good. better serve in lagos.a wod is anuff 4 wise
Re: NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? by ishmael(m): 4:50pm On Jul 08, 2006
Is Lagos the only state in nigeria? Every body cannot serve in Lagos.
Re: NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? by shango(m): 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2006
I love you clowns and how u try to twist other peoples words.

Yes I know Kaduna has 2 breweries, my dad had a friend who worked in one of them and got free beer all the time. Thanks for pointing out a fact most people already know.

I never said Kaduna was a Sharia State. I said you have to worry about Sharia in states like Kaduna. WHy? Because Sharia in Sharia states has always spilled over to other states, remember 1999 and 2000 and the people killed? Kaduna never formally implemented Sharia law yet people IN KADUNA GOT KILLED. How do you explain that? Oh thats right it was police brutality right? Get the F outta here.

Like the other dude said, bring a machete and pistol if you gonna serve there.
Re: NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 10:50pm On Jul 08, 2006
shango you are ignorant one of the reasons nigeria is backwards
so when did lagos become safer then kaduna
thats is just stupidity, infact there is more p;eace of mind in kaduna then lagos
Re: NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? by emmasess: 11:06pm On Jul 09, 2006
kissShango, point of correction Kaduna is not a sharia state, even before 1999 the moslems had sharia courts to try cases based on islamic religion for muslims who wish o! (Penal code).Can a sharia state house giant Breweries? Impossible!!, because in a sharia land drinking of alcohol is prohibited. Kaduna has 2 giant Breweries which i know you don't know. Stop insinuating that kaduna is a sharia state. Its not true. You were even talking about Jos as being better in the north; have u forgotten the number of times people were killed in Jos and plateau state at large, and the declaration of state of emergency? Please get facts and figures before you talk. Every part of the country is now volatile and prune to crisis because of one reason or another.
Re: NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? by ishmael(m): 1:26pm On Jul 10, 2006
make una no mind shango. people no dey fight 4 Lagos, abi people no dey die for Lagos sef. Naive talk. How many people were killed in Lagos btw last year and now? And how many were killed in kaduna for the same period? Mind you no body don fight for kaduna since 2002, but Lagos its everyday they fight and kill. My guy kaduna is safer to some extent than Lagos. at least we are leaving there and we are still alive. May God help us. Shango u need to see a psy Doctor and Psychologist for help.
Re: NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? by gbaja(m): 5:12pm On Jul 10, 2006
kaduna is one of d most wonderful places u can stay in d north walelead, keep sentiment aside.U're talking of d best option in d north and to b frank wt u kaduna is d best place for u in d north as far im concern because of it libral nature.I dont want 2 confront anybody because some people in d forum r taking it too personal,I am from kaduna state, born in kaduna, attended primary in kaduna,secondary in zaria kaduna state St. Joseph Seminery precisely and graduated from ATBU bauchi presently serving in Anambra State bt I think kaduna is 105% peaceful than Anambra .I visited some states in d north bt so far there's none compaired 2 kaduna to b more honest may b kano bt it's highly unstable(volatile).folks if u talk of d best place i d north u talk of kaduna.Let me draw ur attention to some thing that I think will b of interest to d forum,u see any strong personality u can think of in d north have house(s) in kaduna that is, d "who is who" of d north.
Walelead d choice is urs bt bear in mind that as far nigeria is concern no place or state is 100% peaceful,kaduna is considerably ok to b more realistic.I like d debate dis is my first attemp.
Re: NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? by akinnaija(m): 6:48pm On Jul 10, 2006
Hi KD guys and gurls , am loving u all, I wonder how come I missed out of this dynamic gist.
Long live KD, Hey is any1 here ever in FGC K, Malali or Command or Capital School, Zamani College, etc.
I just wanna say I have learnt alot about KD dat I didn't know while I was there, I love KD and still loving it but the truth is that KD is beautiful, the roundabout, Kasua (central market), parks, who can remind me of that park with d bridge, polo club, the HAMDALA hotel, the great NDA, mando park, kabala train station, airport, FGC K 4 inside Malali, Angwa Rimi, Tundun Wada, Barnawa, hey guys what is the name of that place where they selll scraps, dis are beautiful places, I wish I could go back to Kd soon, I miss all my guys there.
I think if Wale wants adventure , he can go to KD, he will have fun.
But let us not deny the sad events that have occured in our crocodile city , let us ask questions why people who lived and grew up in KD left unceremoniously. It was not a palatable tale, the tale will be evergreen in the hearts of those who experienced the barbaric act of wickedness in the land u loved and cherished.
Why do we have to say KD has been peaceful for just two years now, shoudn't KD b peaceful forever,
In as much as we love KD, LET SAY THE TRUTH ABOUT KD , so that we can help KD to be what we want it to be, our sweet lovely city, pray for KD friends.
Wale try KD, I bet you will enjoy, I enjoyed Arochukwu, as far as it is, I see no reason why u wont enjoy KD.

Pls I like to meet KD guys those that were in FGC K, or any1 that was in KD in the 90s, one love
Re: NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? by ishmael(m): 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2006
Pls tell them o!!. kaduna is a liberal city; atleast better than places like Onitsha and Ketu/Mile12 and Mushin in Lagos where MASSOB and OPC have taken control of government. There is no state in nigeria that has been peaceful since 1999. Kaduna state has even tried better to maintain peace and order than so many states. What do you want states like plateau to say? Kaduna is not the worst state in nigeria, lai lai. Even the niger-delta is more volatile now than the north; na lie? Kaduna has been very peaceful for years now, no body harrasses you or intimidates you. People have come to realize that politicians have been decieving them to fight without sending their own children to join the fight. No more crisis in Kaduna again by God's grace.
Re: NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? by alheri(f): 10:03am On Jul 17, 2006
AMIN to that Ishmael!.
Re: NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:55am On Jul 18, 2006
Makarfi is a good leader
I really like how he conducts his politics
Re: NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? by alheri(f): 9:41am On Jul 18, 2006
JosBoy long time! Ina ka shiga? Anyways, I agree with you Makarfi has made a great difference in Kaduna State. I wish him the best in life.
Re: NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:48am On Jul 18, 2006
Hey alheri I dey ooo, And i agree that makarfi is a good leader. Kudos to the man. He was supposed to come to our ANNIC ( association of northern nigerians in canada) annual party, but he could not make it and instead sent one of his spokesperson!
Re: NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? by ishmael(m): 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2006
Josboy4lif and Alheri una weldone oo. Truely Makarfi has really tried, Kaduna is really a peaceful place to dwell now. My prayers is that it should continue like dat, and who ever is taking over from him should continue from where he (Makarfi) stops. Atleast Kaduna is better and peaceful than onitsha and some places in the niger-delta.
Re: NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? by DRANOEL(m): 7:57pm On Jul 18, 2006
if you must serve in a northen state try benue. atleast there you wont worry about sharia (you probably wont even see hausas). its not as developed as jos or kaduna but its more fun. lots to drink and lots of girls to party
Re: NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? by ishmael(m): 7:16am On Jul 19, 2006
DRANOEL, Hausa/fulani plenty for benue state as settlers u hear? Them dey Lagos and Port Harcourt not to talk of Benue that was and is still part of the northern region. Stop being naive.
Re: NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? by timbachick(f): 9:24pm On Jul 19, 2006
i'm serving in kaduna to know more call me. 08033248425. i live in kaduna call me to know more i can help you if u wished so
Re: NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? by chubbya2(f): 7:13pm On May 24, 2009
reading through the agruments or sould i say the debate about serving in kaduna or not, was fun , but please try not to make me confused because right now i have decided to relocate to kaduna ,not to serve but to work there,the funny part is that i work in a bank here in abuja, but the cost of living is hell for me,and i cant stand it staying out of the metropolis where houses are cheaper, please can anyone of u advice me on where is best to stay in kaduna, especially where i can catch my groove.

(1) (2) (Reply)

# / Kano Batch A Let's Meet Here / A Lifetime Opportunity For Everyone To Be Self Employed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.