Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,424 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? (11700 Views)

Who Is Responsible For Naming The Child, Father Or Mother? / Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? / A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by slimes(m): 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2008
Thank God say e no dey serious. Say them no talk of DNA.
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by zarazara: 7:40pm On Oct 07, 2008
Na wa oh! Children are not properties like cars or TV. God gave both parents the priviledge of looking after the children in this life, so I'd say both mother and father have responsibility for children and one is no more important than the other.
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by darkage(m): 12:16pm On Oct 08, 2008
of course very one know is the father
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by mrwebb: 6:23pm On Oct 11, 2008
please pardon smiley

Let's Design Your Website For You!

Have you started wondering if everything in Nigeria actually connotes "not working" most especially countless websites being generated daily in Nigeria.

Or is yours a project like Nairaland, Yahoo Site or any kind of site for your company, organisation, church, mosque, web concept, online radio station, online TV Station? Then it's time you talk to WEBB AND WEBSTER, Special Class of Web Application, Database Administrators and Software Guys.

We will do your project just the way you wanted and also offer a helping hand (if required), when it comes to concept development. talk to us @ 0803 792 6067, 0802 555 0 500, 01 400 9121 info@webbandwebster.com or visit www.webbandwebster.com.

Just The Way You Want It.
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by IvyC: 9:27pm On Oct 13, 2008
it reli funny, because i knw a couple that does that as well,
neway, they both own d kids, there d nufin u can say bout that,
as a mum u can say i carried him/her for 9 month n brough 'em up,
as a dad u can say, they bear my surname, but to be honest a family is a family if they stick
together n be 1 n show sum love so that the kids can be better ppl in future, n that i wnt affect the kids in future,

nw to d beatin, i personally wnt beat my kids because thats is what they will think is right, d boy will grow up n beat his
wife because he thinks its right, or d girl becomes a wife n dsnt fear d hubby, or shows respect,

however my point they both own d kids no matte what,
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by geepope: 4:41pm On Oct 15, 2008
Na mama get the children when they grow but whe they are kids,na papa get them.when they start making money,then mama will know that they are her children alone,she carried them for months,but when they were been trained,paying of bills,,na papa get them.this is by the way.
The man should just send his wife home and marry another wife or stay single for now on after all he has tested both sides of that thing, so we can now know who get the children.
That woman na she make me never marry till date
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by Blackcat(f): 2:41pm On Oct 17, 2008
The woman owns the children, if she decides that she wants the man to share in owning the children she will say you are the father of my children they are also your children, lipsrsealed
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by Angolobabe(f): 5:41pm On Oct 17, 2008
a child belongs to both parents but since im the mother i own the child more than the father untill he or she turns 18 .period.
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 13, 2008
it takes the egg n a sperm to produce a baby. therefore biologically both mother and father own the child. spiritually none own the child, they are just caretakers assigned by God who is the real owner of the child.
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by kemisuga(f): 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2008
bluntpis - true talk smiley cheesy
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by geniuspro: 8:16pm On Nov 13, 2008
hey,
My submission is that both of them owns the child, period!
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by lucabrasi(m): 1:55pm On Nov 14, 2008
NOBODY OWNS THE CHILD!!!
this is why children end up being the losers in divorce or break up situations because both parents use them as a bargaining chip or to get at the other party not thinking about the children as individuals, according to my religion GOD owns the child and the parents are only temporarily responsible for the upkeep
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by lizfab(f): 2:10pm On Nov 14, 2008
God owns the child, they are both caretakers
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by okuya: 11:47am On Nov 21, 2008
nobody owns any child, even d law tries 2 make us know dis, if there is an issue of who is 2 take custody of a child, d law usually considers who is more capable of taking care of the child in terms of safety and comfort. it does not try to find who owns d child. nobody owns any child that is why u have are punished if u kill a child, b'cos u don't own him
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by angelina08(f): 12:01pm On Nov 21, 2008
If the boot got married, any child the give birth to, will bear the name of the father as a surname. If they seperated, the child still belong to the father of the child, niether Boy or girl.

Thanks.
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by tlops(m): 5:44pm On Jan 01, 2011
well the case of ownership or preference is only valid till the child is 18years, then he owns himself.

both parents have joint but as-symmetric responsibilities to the the child
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by harakiri(m): 10:50am On Jan 08, 2011
The father.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? / When A Cheating Spouse Dies / Unhappy In Marriage, Pls Advice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.