Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,859 members, 7,862,818 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:14 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (517701 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 12:47pm On May 29, 2007
@loyika
Quit looking for a needle in a haystack. I used the word deluded to refer to your world implying Arsenal. Did not mean any harm. It in no way meant i was referring to you or engaging in your name-calling act.

Now you've started with the hypocrisy babble - here we go again. And you expect me to ignore it? Ok I will for peace sake. Please do not use these words any longer

Rock that Fool!!

they only trigger more negative reactions. Stick to your posts, dont call me "newbie" - its a mind game, to make others look down on me. Dont step on me i wont step on you. Quit calling software names too.

Tired of the war of words already.

KITAUN, i'm sorry if my "kiddo thing" angered you, now please lets move on to sports.

PEACE

PS - Still hate the Arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 12:54pm On May 29, 2007
Lets all get this thread back on track.

All personal sniping to be ignored, lets focus on the teams and keep our arguments on that.

As pointed out there are varying ages on this board and as nigerians we should always remember how we venerate age and should not throw that away just becuase we are online.

That goes both ways i.e. elders need to respect themselves and others and hopefully the reverse will also hold true.

It is easy while on the web to forget that the invisible people we are dealing with are not the same level/age/intellect/class/background as yourself and hence allowances should be made.

I remember one day while playing a MMORPG, one of the guys I was teaming up with said he had to go and when someone said he should wait till we finish the current mission we were playing he replied: "My mom won't let me"

There was initial stunned silence then laughter as we realised this guy who we all treated  and respected as an equal was obviously still a kid! Funnyily enough he was one of the more "matured" people that were part of my team!

But that is the internet and we should all be able to interact without prejudging anyone.

PS. Arsenal will finish in the top two next season and money bags Chelsea will finish at best 3rd.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 12:58pm On May 29, 2007
@ Somze

Yes AC MIlan won their 7th title, but somze what investments have AC Milan had over the past 3 years. Who have they brought in that has really been good for them (execpt Ronaldo) Like i said AC Milan were even lucky to have competed in the UCL as many were angry that they only suffered a points reduction penalty, as they were implicated in the "Match fixing stuff".

They won the CL based on Experience and class, and no one will take those dues away from them.

Barca have won all you stated, but this year, they might not be winning anything. The players they have invested in have been; Eiður Guðjohnsen, Lillian Thuram and Zambrotta, yet i don't think either one of those players have really done much to justify their places (where Barca have suffered have been as a result of their loss to Old players like Eto and Messi during crunch periods of the season). And the end of the season might mean  a change of guard at the Nou Camp.

Real have won more CL than any one else, but Somze even with the Galacticos that they have had (no one else have gathered as much stars as Real) What major stuff have they won in 3 years, they haven't won the La Liga since 2003, the CL since 2002 the Copa del Rey since 1993

They have had 6 Managers in 3 years
shocked, and if they don't pip Barca to the title, that will mean 4 years since they won the La Liga. I say no more on them.

Scummy United, before this trophy, had last won the league in 2003, so Somze it took them 4 hard years before they could get it right, Granted in between that they won the FA Cup in 2004 and Milk Cup in 2006, but what we are talking about here is league. They haven't won the CL since 1999.

Now let me relate that to Arsenal, we won the league last in 2004 and won the FA Cup in 2005 in between that we have gotten to 2 finals, the Champ League, which we lost to Barca, and the Milk Cup this year which we lost to your team. So its not as Bad as you paint it to be, what you all are taking your cue from is the league position Arsenal have finished in for 2 seasons, which frankly is not good enough (no gunner would say other wise)

listen Somze no one is saying that Arsenal should not invest or buy players, and we are not competing in "who has the better record among each Club". Like i said to you once when you said "Arsenal was dead", If Arsenal are dead and can still move to a new Stadia, can still get to 2 finals, are still increasing their fan base, can still hold out from being taken over, can still balance their books, Have a young squad that despite lacking the finished product cannot be denied their "Brilliance!". Still finish among the top 4 teams (even if we are disgusted by the points gap between Us and the Scummies, but i ask you, what was the point gap between the Scum and Chelsea in 2005 when they finished 3rd and with no trophy).

We all as human beings are "Present Concious" which is cool as we live in the present. But i insist that everything starts on a clean slate in the next 2 months, and since you all feel i shouldn't say that Your seasons were not as good as you wanted (since silverware was captured) fair enough. But that also does not give you all the right to come here and feel Arsenal supporters should feel any less proud of OUR Club.

Like i asked Akola, if Chelsea supporters had to stay faithful to their club and wait for a league title for 50 years, will they now abondon it since they didn't win it this season, and if Chelsea do not win the league next year, will you now support another team

So basically Somze, bother yourself on how your club can consolidate on maintaining the standards they set for themselves, and let Gunners bother about getting back on track (which we will do, make no doubt about that!!) we have not won a trophy in 2 years, the rafters will not fall down, it didn't when it took 7 years between G Graham's League win to Wenger's first Prem win, and it won't start now.

We have noted your advice for us to invest and we thank you for the concern you have for us, (its good to know Chelsea fans have a big heart). Let next season role on and we will see how it pans out. We all maintain a policy of "NO EXCUSES!!"

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 1:01pm On May 29, 2007
@Viera
Nicely said and noted but for

PS. Arsenal will finish in the top two next season and money bags Chelsea will finish at best 3rd.

That gave me a good laugh. Yeah! Dream on. grin

Gots to go get a mechanic, car na wahala. ltr
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 1:14pm On May 29, 2007
[b]@ Somze

AC and Barca

AC Milan  that should not have been allowed to have participated in the CL if not for the Footie politics of their owner Berlisconi, please dear friend what/who have they invested in  Keeping Paolo Maldini alive  Getting Gattuso his daily dose of Heroin  Makling sure Seerdoff gets his regular supply of Steriods

Barca  didn't they lose out at the same stage to fellow Finalist Arsenal at the UCL this season, aren't they in the process of being pipped for the La Liga  What was the score again against Getafe in the Copa del Rey  Ronnie probably leaving, or was that Eto, or am i mistaken them for Rykkard  Barca that can't keep stopping their hard on for Thierry Henry a 29/30 year old Striker, who happens to play for whom

Real M  a team that bought Baptista (who we also got, thank heavens on loan) I mean they actually spent money on the guy  Real a team that still has Roberto Carlos and Raul (those guys have been playing for Madrid since i was born ) A team who might lose their coach at the end of the season (Who want the same Wenger and Cesc Fan who plays for whom ) A team that if they don't win the La Liga would have gone how maby years without winning a league title (with how many coaches ).

I am tired to even talk of the Scum and Chelski

GOONER 89[/b]

Sorry guys last word

@ Somze,

that was my last post to you yesterday, where did i say "Newbie" or insult Software again or "Step on you" as you said as for "Rocking the Foo!!l" Brother i was not refering to you, Kitaun knows who i am talking about, and that was between us. I really have no problem with the Deluded word (just pointed it out). Afterall Akola was the one that asked you to stop using it, so refer your reply to him as well (or will you tell him offline wink)

Guy like i said, i have no problems with you, and i am at a loss why you feel i do (and it remains that way), it just came about over something i didn't agree with and i will address/sortout the issue(s) with the main folks that i feel contributed to getting it this far, and that will be outside Nairaland. so it won't be repeating itself here again on this thread (and any other Arsenal thread for that matter), AS MUCH AS I CAN, I WILL MAKE SURE OF THAT cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 1:18pm On May 29, 2007
this is getting out of hands sad

Sir kay long time . .i do not fight and will never fight wink

@ kit and loyiks pls guys take it easy, do not get riled up for nothing sad

@somze and software why must you guys always be in here to cause problems embarassed

@Akola i wont reply to that tongue

@Nne when you read this . pls whenever they made crazy comments on our thread, lets just ignore it, if we reply it only makes it worst kiss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by SirKay3(m): 1:40pm On May 29, 2007
@ mukina2,

Na work o. I thank God 4 the holidays.

Any transfer rumour from the Emirates?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 1:43pm On May 29, 2007
Sir Kay

The only transfer rumour is!? wait for it? STILL A RUMOUR!! cheesy cheesy

The only people that know if we will buy anyone are Wenger and God cheesy

Well "ARSENE KNOWS!!" (Or so he feels)

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 1:53pm On May 29, 2007
Although like i alluded to some days back, this might be in the offering;

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2089900,00.html

Like i said back then, Reo-Coker is not a transfer that will get my heart beating with joy, and i hope we don't go for him. We need a True Winger to give us width, some one in the Mold of Reyes, not another central Midfield player.

Cause if we buy Reo, Wenger will continue in his stupid habit of wanting to play Diaby from the wings to accomodate Reo in the middle of the park. And that will not work.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by SirKay3(m): 1:57pm On May 29, 2007
Damn too right.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 2:09pm On May 29, 2007
i saw one crazy rumour about lil cesc . .madrid wants him for 15 million . am glad its just a rumour grin

the ribery own is the strongest . who needs reo coker definately not us .

as loyiks said .Only God and Wenger knows who he will sign sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 2:21pm On May 29, 2007
Muks do not mind Madrid tongue

They feel they can only solve their problems by distabilishing every other team. Its so despicable the way they carry out their business, always saying (mostly through Marca their mouth piece) that they want to buy so and so tongue Silly Club tongue And besides the chances of Cesc going to Madrid being that he is Catalonian are like 1 to 10. When cesc goes back to Spain, i doubt Madrid will ever be his 1st or 5th choice for that matter.

This Ribery thing is getting annoying, if we want the Bast@rd lets buy him and get it over and done with (so that he could start getting his mind use to the fact that he will be in London and ask Abou, William and Thierry when they meet up with the French National team, where he can get good resturants (AND WOMEN) up in London grin Muks you didn't see that last part wink grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 2:26pm On May 29, 2007
@mukina
What do u mean by this software and I are always causing problems? angry
Have u forgotten how this all started or you just want to start a new one.

@loyika
why cant u just let it lie? whats all the yesterday quote for. if you can go back to your first quote you on the pics would see what you want.

I'm tired of all this crap. To hell with peace, i'm out of here.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 2:31pm On May 29, 2007
@ loyiks i saw that angry grin

@somze no need gettin worked up cheesy
peace time ok?
no more war . cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 2:32pm On May 29, 2007
Err!?

That was like an hour ago Everyone has moved on.

Like Mukina said; NO MORE WAR grin grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 2:39pm On May 29, 2007
we move on .
somze pals? grin

loyiks . .can we have a protest march " no reo coker" tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 2:47pm On May 29, 2007
No the protest march should be for Wenger

We should all carry placard with words like

"BUY NOW!!"

"DON'T BE STINGY!!"

"SALES HAPPENING AT MARSEILLE!!"

"WENGER, OPPS SORRY WINGER NEEDED!"

what do you suggest wil get his attention.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 3:00pm On May 29, 2007
lmaooo grin grin ;Dt

those titles got me laffing here grin

they are very good titles .

" use Abou in the right wing"

" show ade the bench more often" tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 4:06pm On May 29, 2007
When will all these bickering and carrying on end?well im not bothered all i want to know is who is Wenger buying
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 6:59pm On May 29, 2007
@ A-40

Well you came at the right time because somze, kituan, loyika and co has dropped their weapons.

Now let's talk footie

Speaking of Wenger, Arsenal just made a close hook up with Ribery and by next week we will know where he will belong but most people believe he will be putting the pen for Arsenal.

Now i wanna ask you how do you see "Ribery"?

As for me, am ok with him, but i still need one or two other signings similar to this.

what do you think?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 7:11pm On May 29, 2007
marlet01:

@ A-40

Well you came at the right time because somze, kituan, loyika and co has dropped their weapons.

Now let's talk footie

Speaking of Wenger, Arsenal just made a close hook up with Ribery and by next week we will know where he will belong but most people believe he will be putting the pen for Arsenal.

Now i want to ask you how do you see "Ribery"?

As for me, am ok with him, but i still need one or two other signings similar to this.

what do you think?

Really thats interesting, Ribery would be a good buy we need a winger thats for sure how about Babel are they still going for him?Im ok with Ribery so long as we can get him for the low not more than 10 at most 15 mil, but we need a striker we really do,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by software(m): 7:22pm On May 29, 2007
@Akolawole

@Sir Kay

@Smoze

Aiight No more WAR

I WOULD LIKE TO OFFICIALLY PUT A END TO THE WAR

Lets go sporting grin grin

Wassup Muki? How u dey?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 7:29pm On May 29, 2007
@ software

Good!

@ A-40

Speaking of babel the lad's signing is 50-50, we are not so sure of him. But as you suggested we signing a striker, Hmmmmm! The question is Who?

It is so difficult to get good strikers at a lower price, If we want a class striker not really "world", we will be spending nothing less than 10million up.

I really want enough funds for Wenger to raise up an "Inspiring" team that can take us somewhere next season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 8:53pm On May 29, 2007
oh my dayze!!! angry

where have I been?

did anyone really think that this was ever going to end without me saying a word? THAT WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!!! angry

I HATE TO REPEAT THE DOUBLE STANDARDS ROLE AKOLAWOLE PLAYS, ALWAYS STYLISHLY YET STUPIDLY INCITING PEOPLE AGAINST THEMSELVES, THEREAFTER HE GOES ON A SILLY SABBATICAL, WHEN THE HEAT TURNS ON HIM . . . angry

WHAT WAS THE MEANING OF THIS BUNKUM?

JACKAL WE KNOW

SIR KAY WE KNOW

MUKINA WE KNOW

WHY NOT ASK WHO KNOWS KITAUN?

SENILITY SETTING IN?

AKOLA, U BEST BELIEVE, I DONT GIVE TWO F* CKS ABOUT YOU, SINCE YOUR PROBLEM IS ''HOW TO EXPRESS YOURSELF''

@iMAN

I NEVER CLAIMED i WAS ANY OLD A MAN, SO STOP THE FOOLISHNESS AND NOW . . .MORESO i WILL TOE THE SAME LINE LOYIKA HAS PROMISED TOEING CAUSE ITS OBVIOUS WHAT YOU LIKE ACHIEVING IS ''THREAD DISTRACTION FOR GUNNERS'' lipsrsealed

@DEBOSKY

SSUP BRO?

AM SURE U KNOW HOW I LOVE ATTACKING ISSUES AND PEOPLE IF NEED BE, UNLIKE SOME THAT WOULD ALLOW ISSUES STUPIDLY SLIDE LATER TO COMPLAIN, I BET IF I WERE FULLY AROUND WHEN THE MUPPETS INVADED THIS PLACE, THIS WONT HAVE BEEN AS WORSE AS IT IS NOW!! cool

@SIR KAY

ALL I CAN SAY IS AM SORRY EITHER IN ADVANCE OR ARREARS cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 8:56pm On May 29, 2007
HAVING DONE THAT, I LAY MY WEAPONS DOWN . . .

P.S NORICE THAT I PURPOSELY LEFT THE NEWBIES OUT OF MY POST COS THEY MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND IN-DEPTH THE REASONS BEHIND MY POST cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 8:58pm On May 29, 2007
Dr Kit Bikonu i do not know the meaning lipsrsealed

pls wink lets forget all that and carry on with our thread cheesy kiss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 9:03pm On May 29, 2007
so whats all this talk of Babel and Ribery? i think prefer Ribery!

why would any feel Cesc would love to leave for Madrid? I DOUBT THAT!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ikamefa(f): 9:08pm On May 29, 2007
ok oh what is a gunner? or is it gunnery? undecided tongue tongue tongue tongue " grin "
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 9:14pm On May 29, 2007
QUOTE FROM Loyika

@ Akola

As much as you try to act as if you are not taking sides, you always have this way of using divide and rule tactics. Now granted you said something to Somze when he used the word deluded (i will address that issue with him later), and you cautioned Software just earlier, yet you let that "Cretin" roam free and use insults. He comes out to accept that he is using another name on the board (which is his perogative) yet you say nothing (I wonder if it was either i or any other oldie that did that, what your response would be if you found out).
Baba K, call a Spade a spade!!

I try to talk to Somze because i think he's new chap here and may not know the rule(s).

I cautioned software but if he continue, what do you want me to do?

Even in my camp(Chelsea), there are quite a few that i dont like dealing with because they are part of the problem here.

Why cant we take path of honour and behave maturely? I mean all of us
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by busygirl(f): 9:15pm On May 29, 2007
[/quote][quote author=ikamefa link=topic=16992.msg1154695#msg1154695 date=1180469304]
ok oh what is a gunner? or is it gunnery? undecided tongue tongue tongue tongue " grin "
Strictly arsenal peeps like ME. . . Where do you belong?
Wassup girl cheesy wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by manu4laif: 9:18pm On May 29, 2007
Walks in ,hears gunfire,runs fi cover,more gunfire. . .then calm, tries going in again hears sporadic gunshots,then more calm ,then quiet  . . .sees combatants shaking hands, smiling , walking together hand in hand ,combatants are coming towards him . . . RUSHES OUT grin grin

WAN UNITED grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 9:20pm On May 29, 2007
ikamefa shocked

pls be a gunner kiss

@Akola start tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.